PDA

View Full Version : Housecalls with "The House"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

cstmgp
09-24-09, 1:18 pm
Yeah, I made it up, the show turned out great. It was the first show I've attended, so it was a cool experience.
Shaun

The House
09-29-09, 10:29 am
the show was a great show....... i am getting ready to go train shoulders my shoulder are getting strong last week did 90 pound db on side raises..

Razor
09-29-09, 10:31 am
Shiet House. That's awesome. Doing shoulders today too. I'll be doing half that on my raises. haha

cap527
09-29-09, 9:54 pm
hey house. i work out 5 days a week and i usually divide it up into 3 days. i do chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders/traps and abs everyday. do you think there is anything wrong with this routine? im trying to gain straight mass and i was wondering what you thought. Also i will usually do 4 chest excersizes (flat bench,incline,weighted pushups or plyopushups, and flys) then ill do 3 tricep excersizes (skullcrushers, pulldowns, then dips.) and same for back/bis. i change my excersizes every workout but that was an example of a regular chest day. what do you think of that routine for mass? any feedback would be helpful

LittleMan55
09-29-09, 10:00 pm
the show was a great show....... i am getting ready to go train shoulders my shoulder are getting strong last week did 90 pound db on side raises..

WOW!!!

I hope all is well on the homefront bro. I know you have a tremendous amount to juggle right now, but I'm positive you have it all taken care of. Stay strong and keep pushing!

Fury317
09-30-09, 1:32 pm

Good thing you side raise what I DB press on my first set hahaha.

Hope all is well big House.

Feel The Power
09-30-09, 10:31 pm
holy crap.. thats badass!

The House
10-02-09, 1:34 pm
Shiet House. That's awesome. Doing shoulders today too. I'll be doing half that on my raises. haha

i hit 90 for 6 it was a great workout

The House
10-02-09, 1:37 pm
hey house. i work out 5 days a week and i usually divide it up into 3 days. i do chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders/traps and abs everyday. do you think there is anything wrong with this routine? im trying to gain straight mass and i was wondering what you thought. Also i will usually do 4 chest excersizes (flat bench,incline,weighted pushups or plyopushups, and flys) then ill do 3 tricep excersizes (skullcrushers, pulldowns, then dips.) and same for back/bis. i change my excersizes every workout but that was an example of a regular chest day. what do you think of that routine for mass? any feedback would be helpful

i say it is better to split it up in a more focused split.... like one or two maybe parts per day. u can focus on that area more and get better results

The House
10-02-09, 1:39 pm
WOW!!!

I hope all is well on the homefront bro. I know you have a tremendous amount to juggle right now, but I'm positive you have it all taken care of. Stay strong and keep pushing!

how u feeling now big guy.. after the show.. did ya eat good or jump into it like a crazy man... it was great seein ya and thanks for the shirt i trained legs in it last week it gave me a good workout..

The House
10-02-09, 1:40 pm
Good thing you side raise what I DB press on my first set hahaha.

Hope all is well big House.

all is well cant ask for anything right now..

The House
10-02-09, 1:41 pm
holy crap.. thats badass!

i cant wait to get strong again.. lol

Blake2134
10-04-09, 11:14 pm
Yo Erik. Since you're both under animal...I was wondering if you know exactly what happened to Frank and his tricep. If you can't disclose too much info I understand. But I would much appreciate it if you could tell me if he's gunna get surgery and jump back in there...or what he's gunna do. Cause the guy is a monster and one of my major idols. I just want the guy to be alright. Can you fill me in bro?

T o m m Y
10-11-09, 4:57 pm
House,when you are in the off season what does your diet look like everyday?

Thanks brotha!

Feel The Power
10-11-09, 9:21 pm
I'm curious too on this question. Are you still doing the pump and torrent stack as well? My bulk is coming soon and I need to fine tune my plan.

Thanks brotha!

Flash419
10-11-09, 9:59 pm
Hello Erik, just wondering how your schedule has been effected with the new baby? I know from the MD videos that your sleep is minimal on a pre-baby day. Are you getting any sleep at all now? LOL Assume your still bulking up off season, at what point do you plan on starting your prep for next years New York show?

Keep at it bro.. we'll all be cheering for you!

The House
10-14-09, 6:49 pm
Yo Erik. Since you're both under animal...I was wondering if you know exactly what happened to Frank and his tricep. If you can't disclose too much info I understand. But I would much appreciate it if you could tell me if he's gunna get surgery and jump back in there...or what he's gunna do. Cause the guy is a monster and one of my major idols. I just want the guy to be alright. Can you fill me in bro?

i dont know what happen but he injured it last year thats all i know

The House
10-14-09, 6:50 pm

Thanks brotha!
eggs oats
real gains
beef rice
real gains
beef
real gains

The House
10-14-09, 6:51 pm
I'm curious too on this question. Are you still doing the pump and torrent stack as well? My bulk is coming soon and I need to fine tune my plan.

hell yes i still take them... torrent is my post workout candy

The House
10-14-09, 6:53 pm
Hello Erik, just wondering how your schedule has been effected with the new baby? I know from the MD videos that your sleep is minimal on a pre-baby day. Are you getting any sleep at all now? LOL Assume your still bulking up off season, at what point do you plan on starting your prep for next years New York show?

Keep at it bro.. we'll all be cheering for you!

sleep is running low. baby sleeps well and heather stays up with her since i get up at 4am to head to work. so it about the same most days... i am going to start my diet in january

Feel The Power
10-15-09, 9:05 am
hmm... looks so easy a caveman could do it.. Thanks man.

eggs oats
real gains
beef rice
real gains
beef
real gains

The House
10-16-09, 9:47 am
Easy is good.. Easy has always worked for me..

Reacher34
10-16-09, 9:12 pm
House,

I'm late on this, but congratulations on the new kid. For what it's worth I really admire that you focus on family and still do what it takes to be a successful bodybuilder and role model for us all.

Bushbear86
10-20-09, 9:51 am
Yo House, I'm new in the forum but I've been following it for a while now and I must say You're one of the guys who inspires me the most.
Just a quick question: I'm actually a corporate guy and I work from 8 till late, so there are some days during hectic deadline weeks I get off work pretty late which means either I go to gym with no energy at all and go back home eat the usual quick tuna with brown rice and barely get 6 hours sleep or I skip gym and get my 8 hours sleep- So what do you think is best- Going training or getting enough rest?

Mr Whey
10-21-09, 7:12 am
Hallo,

I have just started squatting, or attempting to. My problem is my form; when people squat I've noticed their ass sticks out almost separate like from their back, but when I try and do this, it's like it's welded to my spine. So I'm keeping my chest and my chin up and my elbows high, but I'm finding it difficult to maintain that when my butt doesn't stick out to help my balance as I push up.

Is this something that will come with practice or is it because my physique is awful, I have a really big belly :| I tried getting it to the righ place just squatting with my own bodyweight and holding a dumbell out and it's not happening.

Any suggestions?

The House
10-21-09, 6:19 pm
House,

I'm late on this, but congratulations on the new kid. For what it's worth I really admire that you focus on family and still do what it takes to be a successful bodybuilder and role model for us all.

thanks just trying to live a good simple life

The House
10-21-09, 6:21 pm
Yo House, I'm new in the forum but I've been following it for a while now and I must say You're one of the guys who inspires me the most.
Just a quick question: I'm actually a corporate guy and I work from 8 till late, so there are some days during hectic deadline weeks I get off work pretty late which means either I go to gym with no energy at all and go back home eat the usual quick tuna with brown rice and barely get 6 hours sleep or I skip gym and get my 8 hours sleep- So what do you think is best- Going training or getting enough rest?

try going to the gym before work.. it will give you energy for the whole day and after work you can relax and do what you want...

The House
10-21-09, 6:23 pm
Hallo,

I have just started squatting, or attempting to. My problem is my form; when people squat I've noticed their ass sticks out almost separate like from their back, but when I try and do this, it's like it's welded to my spine. So I'm keeping my chest and my chin up and my elbows high, but I'm finding it difficult to maintain that when my butt doesn't stick out to help my balance as I push up.

Is this something that will come with practice or is it because my physique is awful, I have a really big belly :| I tried getting it to the righ place just squatting with my own bodyweight and holding a dumbell out and it's not happening.

Any suggestions?
have you ever tried to squat on the smith machine... sometimes it is easier to keep form because you can lean back against the bar and not fear falling. then try working your way up to regular squats once u are stronger and have better balance and form..

dannynb
10-21-09, 9:11 pm
Hey Erik, how's life treating ya? Been awhile for me figured I'd check in. Do to some personal issues I'm down 40 pounds, to 225 again. Nothing like starting over, LOL Hope the family is doing well bro.

DK
10-21-09, 11:38 pm
hey bro i should say first how awesome it is to be able to talk to you about the wonderful lifestyle that we all live. But ive got a question to ask you. I just picked up a few cans of Animal Omega today, and i was wondering how many i should take daily to optimize the product's ability to "shed bodyfat" because i'm also stacking it with Pak, Cuts, and Flex. Im 5'10", bout 185. Thanks for your time bro

Mr Whey
10-22-09, 4:33 pm
have you ever tried to squat on the smith machine... sometimes it is easier to keep form because you can lean back against the bar and not fear falling. then try working your way up to regular squats once u are stronger and have better balance and form..

That's something I didn't think of. My gym doesn't have a smith machine though :\

Bushbear86
10-23-09, 5:47 am
Hey House, I know you've been getting alot of compliments regarding your calves but I still can't wrap my head around the thought of 24" Basketballs... I mean Arnold had 20" in his prime! You must be wearing short pants wherever you go? Well a couple of months back I decided that I'm not going to let my genetics stop me from having my own pair of respectable calves, so I started training calves 2-3 times a week. Check out the routine I've set up...

7 x Seated Calve Raises (20.18,16,14,12,10,20)
4 x Standing Calve Raises superset with Legpress calve raise (16,12,12,10)

I've just recently started to mix it up weekly, doing slow focused sets one day and fast explosive sets the other

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-23-09, 3:48 pm
Whats up House? Met you at the ABC after the Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix. Chase, young guy, thick southern WV accent in a yellow Animal cut-off. haha Anyways, just letting you know that those standing pulldowns from your last MD vid are legit. I gave them a shot on Wednesday. Standing gives you a nice angle for a real good contraction and stretch. Thanks for sharing man, hope all is well at home.

N. Motta
10-25-09, 2:41 pm
House what's up? I just wanted to take the time to let you know how bad ass of an actual dude you seem to be. Aside from being an amazing and accomplished bodybuilder, with arguably the sickest set of wheels in the game, I always look forward to your articles MD for your life messages.

One of your most recent columns, Against the Flow and To Train or Not to Train is up on my fridge. I have read it many times for some great motivation and help putting things in perspective. It means a lot to know that their are regular working joes and family guys out there that still are able to make it happen. Thanks.

Do you and the Landlord still have any shirts for sale?

LittleMan55
10-26-09, 9:22 am
To answer your question from a few pages back... I ate like a mad man for about 3 days, even though AB said to all week. I just couldn't eat at one point and the different food or what I thought tasted good and I wanted for 6 months tore me up. Things are cleaned up and Andy has me back on track now. Putting on some good clean size! I will see what he has to say on the 8th at Boot Camp.

I'm glad you enjoyed the shirt!

I hope all is well on the home front. Looking great in the last MD vid!

atripes
10-26-09, 7:35 pm
house trains back

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2455/225/

does anyone know how to register to the md forums so i know about these instead of using google to find things?

N. Motta
10-26-09, 7:45 pm
Yea, just sign up.

atripes
10-27-09, 5:39 pm
Yea, just sign up.

obviously if i could i would

Lightnin'
11-02-09, 4:05 pm
House,

I have a question for you regarding fruits and veggies. What is your personal consumption? How much and how often? Pre contest and/or off season.

Do you make up for any lack of with supplementation other than Animal pak, and Omega?

Thanks buddy,
Lightnin'

Gregzs
11-07-09, 10:14 pm
Blasting arms with the House:

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2477/236/

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2478/236/

I just saw somebody doing curls in the squat rack. I don't think I would razz him for it though. I might try that sometime. :)

N. Motta
11-07-09, 11:02 pm

I just saw somebody doing curls in the squat rack. I don't think I would razz him for it though. I might try that sometime. :)

I saw that clip today. I love how everyone in Eriks gym is reppin Animal shirts.

Speakin of which, House sell me one of your bad ass shirts brother!

Kryptonite
11-08-09, 4:46 pm
Hey, House.

I've been posting a lotta' shit on here asking guys how I can put on some beast size.

I'm only 15, 5'7, and 145 lbs, but I'm already pretty advanced in the whole routine. I always eat clean, I lift 6 days a week, and I get as much sleep as I can.

I used to weigh 170 lbs (high BF%),
dropped down to 130 (3% BF),
and put on about 10-15 lbs of LBM since then putting me at 145 (5% BF).

So, I don't think I really have trouble putting on weight. I'm eating 4,000 calories a day now, but I'm not sure if I should be... And I was just wondering what YOUR view would be on the situation.

Try not to respond to this like I don't know anything like most guys tend to do. I've been lifting seriously for 'bout 7 months now and all I do is listen to the guys double my weight and size.

Thanks!

Feel The Power
11-08-09, 5:22 pm
great videos man!! always gets me pumped up watching them on MD.

J-DOG
11-08-09, 6:39 pm
Hey House,

I hope you can give me some ideas to help my legs get growing again. I ask because you are a leg BEAST and also a very knowledgable trainer and top guy! This also is regarding knee pain.

My usual routine goes as follows but does vary every couple of weeks, but the basics like BB squats, Leg presses and leg curls are always in there.

Sample routine- BB back squats - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Hack squats front or reverse - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Leg press varied angles or lying - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Lying leg curls and seated leg curls - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Calves get done 2 times a week on seperate days.

I have been getting knee pain especially on my right knee when i do BB back squats for the past 4 weeks with no particular reason why, but it doesnt seem to be getting better and just worse. I love squats and usually have a shoulder width stance with toes pointing forward and i squat below parralel, none of that load the bar up and 2 inch squats bullshit.
Legs is my favourite session and i would like to know what you have done in the past or would recommend so i can keep punishing my legs and get them to grow and have that awesome feeling of not being able to walk properly for days after!
Also i need to start getting more inner thigh thickness do you have any special house workouts or tricks that i can use?? I have just started doing my squats and presses with a wider stance with my toes pointed outwards, is this a good place to start? I have also started taking Flex, Pak and Omega is there anything else that you think would be beneficial because i dont want this to affect my sessions anymore than neccesary!

Cheers man any advice you can give is very much appreciated. Oh any idea on what shows you plan to do this year bro i cant wait to see what improvements you have made on stage!

Peace

JD

JasonG
11-09-09, 3:52 am

Hell yeah looked like a cool variation to change things up. Those pushdowns with the v handle made my wrists scream just watching it. Guess I better try it before I knock it though!

Gregzs
11-09-09, 10:49 pm
Hell yeah looked like a cool variation to change things up. Those pushdowns with the v handle made my wrists scream just watching it. Guess I better try it before I knock it though!

I gave the v handle pushdowns a try during the weekend. I used my regular handle first and realized the knurling was one of the reasons my wrists were coming into the movement more. It felt like dragging skin against asphalt. I bought a thick grip v handle on ebay a while back that has a smooth painted surface and let my hands slide over it as I pushed down. It spared my wrists a little.

JasonG
11-10-09, 2:20 am
I gave the v handle pushdowns a try during the weekend. I used my regular handle first and realized the knurling was one of the reasons my wrists were coming into the movement more. It felt like dragging skin against asphalt. I bought a thick grip v handle on ebay a while back that has a smooth painted surface and let my hands slide over it as I pushed down. It spared my wrists a little.

I could see how that would help that movement. One of my gyms back home have that rubber stuff over them. That might it work well but I hate those for heavy rowing because it slips around.

B Con
11-10-09, 7:51 am
Just wanted to say a quick what's up and that I saw your Arm training from MD the other day. I've used that tricep attachment (the crazy mini pyramid one) before that you were using and it definitely brings out the horse shoes... Nice improvised preacher curl too

The House
11-13-09, 5:27 pm
Hey House, I know you've been getting alot of compliments regarding your calves but I still can't wrap my head around the thought of 24" Basketballs... I mean Arnold had 20" in his prime! You must be wearing short pants wherever you go? Well a couple of months back I decided that I'm not going to let my genetics stop me from having my own pair of respectable calves, so I started training calves 2-3 times a week. Check out the routine I've set up...

7 x Seated Calve Raises (20.18,16,14,12,10,20)
4 x Standing Calve Raises superset with Legpress calve raise (16,12,12,10)

I've just recently started to mix it up weekly, doing slow focused sets one day and fast explosive sets the other

are you getting good results

The House
11-13-09, 5:28 pm
Whats up House? Met you at the ABC after the Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix. Chase, young guy, thick southern WV accent in a yellow Animal cut-off. haha Anyways, just letting you know that those standing pulldowns from your last MD vid are legit. I gave them a shot on Wednesday. Standing gives you a nice angle for a real good contraction and stretch. Thanks for sharing man, hope all is well at home.

i like them bro glad you gave them a shot

The House
11-13-09, 5:29 pm
House what's up? I just wanted to take the time to let you know how bad ass of an actual dude you seem to be. Aside from being an amazing and accomplished bodybuilder, with arguably the sickest set of wheels in the game, I always look forward to your articles MD for your life messages.

One of your most recent columns, Against the Flow and To Train or Not to Train is up on my fridge. I have read it many times for some great motivation and help putting things in perspective. It means a lot to know that their are regular working joes and family guys out there that still are able to make it happen. Thanks.

Do you and the Landlord still have any shirts for sale?

thats awesome i try to tell it how it is... i was stuck in the flow but got out now i am happier

The House
11-13-09, 5:32 pm
House,

I have a question for you regarding fruits and veggies. What is your personal consumption? How much and how often? Pre contest and/or off season.

Do you make up for any lack of with supplementation other than Animal pak, and Omega?

Thanks buddy,
Lightnin'

i eat all i can in the offseason when it comes to them... in season i dont eat them unless they are greens but no fruit in season for me

The House
11-13-09, 5:36 pm
Hey House,

I hope you can give me some ideas to help my legs get growing again. I ask because you are a leg BEAST and also a very knowledgable trainer and top guy! This also is regarding knee pain.

My usual routine goes as follows but does vary every couple of weeks, but the basics like BB squats, Leg presses and leg curls are always in there.

Sample routine- BB back squats - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Hack squats front or reverse - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Leg press varied angles or lying - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Lying leg curls and seated leg curls - 3/4 working sets 6-8 reps
Calves get done 2 times a week on seperate days.

I have been getting knee pain especially on my right knee when i do BB back squats for the past 4 weeks with no particular reason why, but it doesnt seem to be getting better and just worse. I love squats and usually have a shoulder width stance with toes pointing forward and i squat below parralel, none of that load the bar up and 2 inch squats bullshit.
Legs is my favourite session and i would like to know what you have done in the past or would recommend so i can keep punishing my legs and get them to grow and have that awesome feeling of not being able to walk properly for days after!
Also i need to start getting more inner thigh thickness do you have any special house workouts or tricks that i can use?? I have just started doing my squats and presses with a wider stance with my toes pointed outwards, is this a good place to start? I have also started taking Flex, Pak and Omega is there anything else that you think would be beneficial because i dont want this to affect my sessions anymore than neccesary!

Cheers man any advice you can give is very much appreciated. Oh any idea on what shows you plan to do this year bro i cant wait to see what improvements you have made on stage!

Peace

JD

for inner thighs i like to do wide squats on smith or free weight... i also do the inner thigh machine i am man enough to do them...

The House
11-13-09, 5:37 pm
lol, use lite weight and u will be fine

The House
11-13-09, 5:39 pm
Just wanted to say a quick what's up and that I saw your Arm training from MD the other day. I've used that tricep attachment (the crazy mini pyramid one) before that you were using and it definitely brings out the horse shoes... Nice improvised preacher curl too

thanks glad you liked it... i say they rock lol

dannynb
11-14-09, 10:33 am
Nice new video bro....been taking some time off and now back to it. How's the little one and momma doing?? Seems like off-season is going well for ya, looking pretty damn big. Instead of House gonna have to start calling ya Mansion.

al77
11-16-09, 2:33 am
Hey House,

I'm trying to pick up your "You are your maker" shirt but your site is down, anyway I can get it off this forum?

thanks brah

Bushbear86
11-16-09, 2:50 am
are you getting good results

Not as much as I would've hoped for, but it's definately getting more vascular and I can see more veins appearing on the surface of the skin... Would You say that's a start or should I rather concentrate on going heavier with slow reps? Thanks in advance

Kon_Rock
11-18-09, 11:30 am
Hey House,

I'm trying to pick up your "You are your maker" shirt but your site is down, anyway I can get it off this forum?

thanks brah

Yeah I was looking into this too. Wanna rep Team Fankhouser!

JasonG
11-18-09, 6:03 pm
lol, use lite weight and u will be fine

Tried it this week and it felt really good, kind of like a decline close grip bench press but with your hands different of course.

mcarlson
11-24-09, 1:09 pm
Hey house. i was wondering cause ive heard much mixed advice. what is the best way to train your bicep's and tricep's? together or on seperate days?
thanks bro. i appreciate it

cap527
11-26-09, 11:24 pm
i am 17 6'1 211lbs and about 10% bf. a few days ago i was incline benching 265 and my dumbass spotter wasnt paying attention and my elbow gave out. the weight was on my chest for about 5 seconds and i had to be taken to the hospital. they said my sternum may be cracked but ive been feeling better. when/if youve ever had any type of injury like that how long did you stay out?

also i have training/diet questions for just gaining mass. my diet goes as so: breakfast is 5 egg whites, 2 slices of bread, a glass of skim milk, and usually a satsuma. next meal is 2 hours later which is a huge turkey sandwhich with about 4-6 slices of turkey, mustard and swiss cheese. lunch is tuna, 2 satsumas, fiber bar, peanut butter sandwhich. next meal is another turkey sandwhich and two slices of wheat bread. next meal is just a protein bar with 11g protein and my tribulus. next meal is postworkout with a weight gainer. next meal is whatever my mom has cooked if i like it. then chicken breast with 60g protein. then maybe snacking until bed. then tribulus. How does this look for mass gaining?

my training goes as follows: chest/bis (3 sets of 8 for 4 different excersizes for chest, then 3 sets of 8 for 3 excersizes on biceps.) then back/triceps (same) then legs/shoulders/traps (i do 4 leg excersizes (2 quads, 2 hams)) (3 sets of 8 for 3 shoulder excersizes) then (barbell or dumbell shrugs for 3 sets of 8)

i go heavy on everything. what do you think would help me gain as much as possible? im just getting frustrated but i know its a matter of time. any help would be great. Thank you and good luck.

The House
12-01-09, 8:07 pm
Nice new video bro....been taking some time off and now back to it. How's the little one and momma doing?? Seems like off-season is going well for ya, looking pretty damn big. Instead of House gonna have to start calling ya Mansion.

danny my man whats up glad to see you back at it.. so when you going to hit 275 bro....lol i know in due time

The House
12-01-09, 8:09 pm
Hey House,

thanks brah

Yeah I was looking into this too. Wanna rep Team Fankhouser!

hit me up with a email and i will let ya know how to get one. efankhoouser@hotmail.com

The House
12-01-09, 8:10 pm
Not as much as I would've hoped for, but it's definately getting more vascular and I can see more veins appearing on the surface of the skin... Would You say that's a start or should I rather concentrate on going heavier with slow reps? Thanks in advance

slow reps have a time and place bro i say just use a two count to lift and a 4 count to lower. seems to work the best...

The House
12-01-09, 8:11 pm
Tried it this week and it felt really good, kind of like a decline close grip bench press but with your hands different of course.

nice good stuff

The House
12-01-09, 8:13 pm
Hey house. i was wondering cause ive heard much mixed advice. what is the best way to train your bicep's and tricep's? together or on seperate days?
thanks bro. i appreciate it

i like to do them together... i think it just comes down to what feels right to you.

The House
12-01-09, 8:17 pm
i am 17 6'1 211lbs and about 10% bf. a few days ago i was incline benching 265 and my dumbass spotter wasnt paying attention and my elbow gave out. the weight was on my chest for about 5 seconds and i had to be taken to the hospital. they said my sternum may be cracked but ive been feeling better. when/if youve ever had any type of injury like that how long did you stay out?

also i have training/diet questions for just gaining mass. my diet goes as so: breakfast is 5 egg whites, 2 slices of bread, a glass of skim milk, and usually a satsuma. next meal is 2 hours later which is a huge turkey sandwhich with about 4-6 slices of turkey, mustard and swiss cheese. lunch is tuna, 2 satsumas, fiber bar, peanut butter sandwhich. next meal is another turkey sandwhich and two slices of wheat bread. next meal is just a protein bar with 11g protein and my tribulus. next meal is postworkout with a weight gainer. next meal is whatever my mom has cooked if i like it. then chicken breast with 60g protein. then maybe snacking until bed. then tribulus. How does this look for mass gaining?

my training goes as follows: chest/bis (3 sets of 8 for 4 different excersizes for chest, then 3 sets of 8 for 3 excersizes on biceps.) then back/triceps (same) then legs/shoulders/traps (i do 4 leg excersizes (2 quads, 2 hams)) (3 sets of 8 for 3 shoulder excersizes) then (barbell or dumbell shrugs for 3 sets of 8)

i go heavy on everything. what do you think would help me gain as much as possible? im just getting frustrated but i know its a matter of time. any help would be great. Thank you and good luck.
dont get frustrated but dont settle. it will come but you still got to make it come. so keep pushing bro.. as for the chest sorry to hear that. if you cracked it that takes some time bro but if just sore and no cracks you should be good in a few weeks... good luck with that... as for your diet and split you are on the right path just make sure you stick to it and you will reach your goal..

dannynb
12-02-09, 3:24 pm
danny my man whats up glad to see you back at it.. so when you going to hit 275 bro....lol i know in due time

Not as soon as I had hoped. I got to 261 than some personal matters hit home and I haven't been lifting or eating like I should be. I'm getting back into it though. You have put some damn size on my funky brother.....

BionicMasterPiece
12-04-09, 11:30 pm
hey house what have you been doing this offseason to bring up your chest? like what do you usually do for your chest every week?

thanks

dannynb
12-09-09, 11:59 pm
Well getting my workouts lined up, supps lined up, and diet lined up....
Like I said before, I'm following the K.I.S.S. theory.

basic heavy lifts combined with 4 other secondary lifts, hitting abs one day and calves the next. Going to be following a 4 day split for 30 days than switching over to a 5 day split.

Supps, pockets are shallow these days so sticking with the basics, Pak, Storm, Torrent, Omega, Nitro...might mix 'em up as I go.

Food...let's just say, lots of 1 lb of chicken, 1 lb of beef, 12 eggs, oats, ww pasta, and brown rice....all adding up to 6000 cals a day and 5500 on non-training days.

So I'll be getting to 275 in do time, already back up to 240 and it's only been 2 weeks.

How's life treating you? Baby is beautiful, thank god she takes after her momma! LOL Michelle is still looking into attending grad school up ya'lls way this coming year. If she does, I'll def give ya shout, once we get settled.

dannynb
12-10-09, 12:07 am
Hey Erik, not sure if you recently answered this but I know many are curious....

what's your current split look like?
what's the grocery list look like now-a-days?
supps?

LittleMan55
12-10-09, 8:50 am
Erik has AB taken your food yet? If not it has to be getting close because I know you were planning on starting prep this month.

OH man I'm excited to watch the madness! I know you are going to take care of business and I can't wait to read about people's reactions to all of the improvements you have made.

dannynb
12-10-09, 9:02 am
OH man I'm excited to watch the madness! I know you are going to take care of business and I can't wait to read about people's reactions to all of the improvements you have made.

x2!!!

atripes
12-10-09, 4:32 pm
Erik has AB taken your food yet? If not it has to be getting close because I know you were planning on starting prep this month.

i'm sure house has the end date of "off season" (w/e that means) marked with a red pen. we can only expect to see a couple rooms added to the frame!

this is where house kills the competition. the "don't-bitch" attitude is what we all like in house and conditioning is where he will take #1

GO HOUSE!

ps: make a "day in the life" for ur growth phase.

The House
12-13-09, 7:32 pm
Not as soon as I had hoped. I got to 261 than some personal matters hit home and I haven't been lifting or eating like I should be. I'm getting back into it though. You have put some damn size on my funky brother.....

i have been trying bro.. i get no respect anymore..

The House
12-13-09, 7:33 pm
hey house what have you been doing this offseason to bring up your chest? like what do you usually do for your chest every week?

thanks

i have been lifting heavy weight with low reps one main thing i added was the good old bench press again

The House
12-13-09, 7:35 pm
Well getting my workouts lined up, supps lined up, and diet lined up....
Like I said before, I'm following the K.I.S.S. theory.

basic heavy lifts combined with 4 other secondary lifts, hitting abs one day and calves the next. Going to be following a 4 day split for 30 days than switching over to a 5 day split.

Supps, pockets are shallow these days so sticking with the basics, Pak, Storm, Torrent, Omega, Nitro...might mix 'em up as I go.

Food...let's just say, lots of 1 lb of chicken, 1 lb of beef, 12 eggs, oats, ww pasta, and brown rice....all adding up to 6000 cals a day and 5500 on non-training days.

So I'll be getting to 275 in do time, already back up to 240 and it's only been 2 weeks.

How's life treating you? Baby is beautiful, thank god she takes after her momma! LOL Michelle is still looking into attending grad school up ya'lls way this coming year. If she does, I'll def give ya shout, once we get settled.
looks like someone got a good plan.. keep at it bro... thats some cals there

The House
12-13-09, 7:37 pm
Hey Erik, not sure if you recently answered this but I know many are curious....

what's your current split look like?
what's the grocery list look like now-a-days?
supps?

my split is
shoulders
back
off
chest
arms
legs
off

supps and food anything i can get my hands on

The House
12-13-09, 7:39 pm

thanks my man i better be getting huge i been training in this awesome shirt i got last september... i still got all my food till the week after christmas

The House
12-13-09, 7:39 pm
x2!!!

x3

The House
12-13-09, 7:41 pm
i'm sure house has the end date of "off season" (w/e that means) marked with a red pen. we can only expect to see a couple rooms added to the frame!

this is where house kills the competition. the "don't-bitch" attitude is what we all like in house and conditioning is where he will take #1

GO HOUSE!

ps: make a "day in the life" for ur growth phase.

thanks its marked yes and i can wait.....

D-NUTZ
12-13-09, 9:09 pm
Yo House! Just wanted to say i am a BIG fan. You are a huge inspiration to me. Its great people like you that keep me drivin' every workout. Hopefully i can be half of great as you have been, not only in body building, but in life in general. Keep it up. Take some names and kick some ass!

dannynb
12-14-09, 4:38 pm
my split is
shoulders
back
off
chest
arms
legs
off

supps and food anything i can get my hands on

I understand the whatever you can snag part....

andrewT
12-16-09, 10:43 pm
i have been trying bro.. i get no respect anymore..

what you mean by that Erik?

anyways bro I was just checking some old pictures of you out again on MD. Your really are a guy's guy! You may not have the flash and popularity of the other guys, but the fact that you hold it down day after day and keep your priorities straight at the same time is 100% honour! hope the little ones are good and the wifey is relaxed!

keep on keeping it real man!
I can't wait to see you prepped for your next show!!! you have been bulkernatin for while I think..

Big C
12-20-09, 10:45 am
Yo House what's up dude...we were having a discussion on Facebook about us having a hard time finding jeans to fit us....

But you got the biggest legs of all bro, so where in the hell do you find jeans that fit, lol?

Don't know if that has been asked before but would be interesting to find out. Have a good holidays man.

The House
12-26-09, 9:31 pm
i dont wear jeans i just wear mcHammer pants...

dannynb
12-27-09, 1:02 pm
i dont wear jeans i just wear mcHammer pants...

To Legit To Quit!

N. Motta
12-28-09, 4:39 pm
House, could you please check your PM inbox and/or your email when you get a chance?

dannynb
12-29-09, 1:08 am
Hey brother, good luck with the diet. Day 1 and counting...can't wait to see the renovation when it's all said and done. Looking forward to seeing ya at the Arnold again. LEt me know if ya'll are gonna bring X and the baby, I'll bring my monkeys so he'll have someone to play with. Curious, house is the family doing? Momma doing better?

Joseph V
12-30-09, 12:49 am
im a real big fan erik..its pretty cool how on your MD videos you do cardio and play xbox at the same time lol ( idk if that was an xbox for a fact , but it seemed like one)..

quick question, i wasnt born with big calves or anything..but what was your foundation from day#1 to make your calves grow dude=)

Feel The Power
01-01-10, 12:45 pm
What is a good exercise or way to get more defination in your hamstrings? I have been able to see a decent tear drop in my quads after cardio and dieting, but my hams seem to not be as defined. I have good size from doing deadlifts, ham curls, etc.. but just wondering mainly on defination. Do I just need to diet harder or do more cardio? Let me know when you get time and hope you guys had a great holiday!!

Kon_Rock
01-06-10, 1:21 pm
Hey Erik, Just got your package today. Thanks so much, didn't expect all the extras but man its awesome! Thanks Again!!!

Biggie973
01-06-10, 1:24 pm
Why do you think most people don't use Jefferson Squats to build better hams & glute tie-in?

N. Motta
01-06-10, 3:04 pm
Yo House. Thank you kindly for the package. The extra stuff was a great surprise. Respect.

belladiabla13
01-06-10, 3:31 pm
Erik,

Question for ya?? I have the calves that I want. They measure 16.5 and I have great def. in them. How do I get my quads to match? What would you say is the best exercise for making them big?

~Bella~

dannynb
01-07-10, 7:29 am
Hey Erik, hope the new year is treating your family and yourself good. Just curious how the dieting is going so far. You doing anything different this year with the diet and show prep than what you've done in the past??

Also in the off-season click, what do you think of this: I stick with complex carbs, as in ww breads, ww pasta's, brown rice, sweet potatoes....but what about every 3rd day I switch to say white rice and red skin potatoes for my meals instead of more complex carbs, just to give my body something different?

The House
01-07-10, 6:41 pm
im a real big fan erik..its pretty cool how on your MD videos you do cardio and play xbox at the same time lol ( idk if that was an xbox for a fact , but it seemed like one)..

quick question, i wasnt born with big calves or anything..but what was your foundation from day#1 to make your calves grow dude=)

i would attribute it to the hills of WV running hills for football...

The House
01-07-10, 6:42 pm
What is a good exercise or way to get more defination in your hamstrings? I have been able to see a decent tear drop in my quads after cardio and dieting, but my hams seem to not be as defined. I have good size from doing deadlifts, ham curls, etc.. but just wondering mainly on defination. Do I just need to diet harder or do more cardio? Let me know when you get time and hope you guys had a great holiday!!

harder longer diet will bring that out bro

The House
01-07-10, 6:43 pm
Hey Erik, Just got your package today. Thanks so much, didn't expect all the extras but man its awesome! Thanks Again!!!

your welcome thanks for the support

The House
01-07-10, 6:44 pm
Why do you think most people don't use Jefferson Squats to build better hams & glute tie-in?

good question i would say because most people dont know how to do them correct

The House
01-07-10, 6:45 pm
Yo House. Thank you kindly for the package. The extra stuff was a great surprise. Respect.

well thanks for the support just sharing the love...

The House
01-07-10, 6:46 pm
Erik,

Question for ya?? I have the calves that I want. They measure 16.5 and I have great def. in them. How do I get my quads to match? What would you say is the best exercise for making them big?

~Bella~
your got to squat squat squat....

The House
01-07-10, 6:48 pm
Hey Erik, hope the new year is treating your family and yourself good. Just curious how the dieting is going so far. You doing anything different this year with the diet and show prep than what you've done in the past??

Also in the off-season click, what do you think of this: I stick with complex carbs, as in ww breads, ww pasta's, brown rice, sweet potatoes....but what about every 3rd day I switch to say white rice and red skin potatoes for my meals instead of more complex carbs, just to give my body something different?

yes switch it up... and my training is going well just getting over being under the weather...

Shadyside
01-07-10, 6:48 pm
i would attribute it to the hills of WV running hills for football...

hell yes....We aren't the Hilltoppers for no reason!

dannynb
01-08-10, 9:21 am
yes switch it up... and my training is going well just getting over being under the weather...

Oh damn, I heard you were down and out. Glad your feeling better big man.

felipelpr
01-10-10, 10:33 pm
Hey, Erik!
I'm brazilian, from Rio, pretty new to the forum..
You have one of the sickest proggress I've ever seen!
You bulked up so fast and with a very high quality.

Keep doing your job nicely!

and of course, a question:
what do you know about fibers? White and red.
Do you have a target fiber on your workout routine?

BeastTom
01-13-10, 11:17 pm
Question. My elbow pops out of place every rep of skull crushers. Ive tried ez bars, dumbells, but it always pops out, and i press upwards and it will pop back in and hurt a little. I checked with my personal trainer and she said that theres nothing to fix the problem, i will just have to work around it. What else is a good mass builder for thick tri's.

The House
01-17-10, 11:45 am
Hey, Erik!
I'm brazilian, from Rio, pretty new to the forum..
You have one of the sickest proggress I've ever seen!
You bulked up so fast and with a very high quality.

Keep doing your job nicely!

and of course, a question:
what do you know about fibers? White and red.
Do you have a target fiber on your workout routine?

i just train with big weight right now. i train both fast and slow muscle fibers... i do some endurance training with my legs which seems to work great and i also do some explosive movements to hit the fast muscle fibers...

The House
01-17-10, 11:47 am
Question. My elbow pops out of place every rep of skull crushers. Ive tried ez bars, dumbells, but it always pops out, and i press upwards and it will pop back in and hurt a little. I checked with my personal trainer and she said that theres nothing to fix the problem, i will just have to work around it. What else is a good mass builder for thick tri's.

close grip bench press works good for mass.. have you ever tried doing skulls on the incline bench or decline bench sometimes that can take some off the elbow...

NaturalTrainee
01-18-10, 7:45 am
To give you my opinion, the decline seems to extend the ROM and helps stabilize the shoulders... Skulls this way work great for me...

etank
01-20-10, 6:23 pm
Hey Erik,
First let me say I love you videos and columns with MD....great work, Its good to read about the philosophical and mental challenges of bodybuilding.

The body of this post is though to ask about building up some massive traps. Any exercises or suggestions that have worked well for you?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Joseph V
01-20-10, 9:39 pm
i believe for those who already have solid mass and thickness on the lower pec should try to avoid anything that decline for the chest..i personally would say that incline bench press or db press will bring out a nice upper shelf on the upper pec .

The House
01-25-10, 7:35 pm
Hey Erik,
First let me say I love you videos and columns with MD....great work, Its good to read about the philosophical and mental challenges of bodybuilding.

The body of this post is though to ask about building up some massive traps. Any exercises or suggestions that have worked well for you?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

my fav is the upright row. and to tell you the truth my traps get sore as hell after deads so they must help my traps because i dont do shrugs to much. i just dont like them

The House
01-25-10, 7:36 pm
i believe for those who already have solid mass and thickness on the lower pec should try to avoid anything that decline for the chest..i personally would say that incline bench press or db press will bring out a nice upper shelf on the upper pec .

upper chest is what i am focusing on and i do tons of incline movements....

The House
01-25-10, 7:41 pm
i been changing my contest diet around and i am eating 8 times a day now. it seems to be working great.
-12 egg whites 1cup oats
-80 gram protein shake
-12 oz beef 1 potato
-80 gram shake
-12oz chicken 1 potato
-12oz fish 1 sweet potato
-12oz fish 1cup oats
-12oz fish and greens

15 mins cardio right now per day

N. Motta
01-25-10, 8:29 pm
House do you measure your foods before or after you cook them?

dannynb
01-25-10, 9:45 pm
i been changing my contest diet around and i am eating 8 times a day now. it seems to be working great.
-12 egg whites 1cup oats
-80 gram protein shake
-12 oz beef 1 potato
-80 gram shake
-12oz chicken 1 potato
-12oz fish 1cup oats
-12oz fish and greens

Now that's the way to do it....simple as can be. Brother I can't wait to see what awaits after you shed off the extra poundage and show off the added beef on your frame. I'm back full swing, and look forward to seeing ya at the Cage again this year. Bringing the familia this year?? Let me ask ya....how's show prep differing now compared to before especially with a little one?

The House
02-06-10, 6:11 pm
shit is going good guy i am so excited about the show. i am going to start and do some training videos.. what do you guys want to see what body parts... i cant wait till may shit is going good....

N. Motta
02-06-10, 8:43 pm
I'd really like to see you train some chest, as I think I recall you siting that you wanted to bring that up. As do I, with my chest.

dannynb
02-07-10, 1:22 pm
shit is going good guy i am so excited about the show. i am going to start and do some training videos.. what do you guys want to see what body parts... i cant wait till may shit is going good....

Glad to hear. Can't wait to see ya up on stage again! As for the video's I'd like to see chest and back.

widdlewade44
02-07-10, 1:45 pm
Great to hear that the training is going well, I'm wishing you all the best and would like to see back and leg training videos, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

NaturalTrainee
02-08-10, 10:58 am
Well, you are a house after all. Any bodypart would be appreciated man.

Marcus Leong
02-10-10, 10:15 am
Hiya House, you and Wrath inspire me man. Sometimes when i'm down i look at my posters in my room and it keeps me going on. Need some pointers on my workout regime, I'm currently on day 17 of M-Stak but i've only gained 200g so far..

I'm eating 300g of carbs a day, 400g of solid protein and taking other supplements as well.. Please take a look at my journey and give some opinion on how i should train and what to improve on. Cheers buddy, keep the pump going!

LittleMan55
02-10-10, 11:16 am
-12 egg whites 1cup oats
-80 gram protein shake
-12 oz beef 1 potato
-80 gram shake
-12oz chicken 1 potato
-12oz fish 1cup oats
-12oz fish and greens

That is over 6 times what I got to eat in prep, I think lol. Like AB said when you're an IFBB Pro you get to eat more fish. Everything looks dead on and this should keep you very full looking. I'm ready to see this all unfold!

Is it bad if reading that makes me want to start prep again? Shit I'm about ready to rock, but the year long off season will do me well I'm sure.

I know everyone is going to want to see a leg day in the training vids. I want to see Chest and Delts though, because for me I could tell the biggest difference in those two areas almost every time I see you.

Mr.Hardcore98
02-10-10, 11:48 am
Hey house im about to do my first show what is the best tanner and how should i use it

The House
02-10-10, 7:14 pm

chest would be good i never did a chest video yet.. i like training chest..

The House
02-10-10, 7:16 pm
Glad to hear. Can't wait to see ya up on stage again! As for the video's I'd like to see chest and back.

chest and back videos... two votes chest one vote back

The House
02-10-10, 7:18 pm
Great to hear that the training is going well, I'm wishing you all the best and would like to see back and leg training videos, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

back and legs... back is my fav body part to train and legs are always good because the just hurt lol. i wish i could have taped my last back workout i smashed some weight..

The House
02-10-10, 7:18 pm
Well, you are a house after all. Any bodypart would be appreciated man.

thanks bro...

The House
02-10-10, 7:25 pm
Hiya House, you and Wrath inspire me man. Sometimes when i'm down i look at my posters in my room and it keeps me going on. Need some pointers on my workout regime, I'm currently on day 17 of M-Stak but i've only gained 200g so far..

I'm eating 300g of carbs a day, 400g of solid protein and taking other supplements as well.. Please take a look at my journey and give some opinion on how i should train and what to improve on. Cheers buddy, keep the pump going!

bro just keep on pushing.. the weight will come on. keep your stuff simple if your not gaining you need to eat more try to add healthy fats in your diet. keep training hard and u will reach your goals.... u got to think u will grow to grow. positive thinking leads to positive results

dannynb
02-10-10, 7:26 pm
Hell man, I'll watch any video you make brother. I pray life has been good to you and the family. I look forward to seeing you in Columbus and I really look forward to seeing ya on stage again.

The House
02-10-10, 7:29 pm
That is over 6 times what I got to eat in prep, I think lol. Like AB said when you're an IFBB Pro you get to eat more fish. Everything looks dead on and this should keep you very full looking. I'm ready to see this all unfold!

Is it bad if reading that makes me want to start prep again? Shit I'm about ready to rock, but the year long off season will do me well I'm sure.

I know everyone is going to want to see a leg day in the training vids. I want to see Chest and Delts though, because for me I could tell the biggest difference in those two areas almost every time I see you.

thats awesome my man.. thanks i am eatting tons so i can stay full you are right... u want to diet from reading that.. all i want to do is eat candy lol... chest day vote again and delts after back my delts are number two fav to train...

The House
02-10-10, 7:32 pm
Hey house im about to do my first show what is the best tanner and how should i use it

my fav show tan in jan tanna... i use there stuff it works great for me... i always use at least three coats of it.. exfoliate, shave, exfoliate, then start to paint... i get sprayed now days if the show offers it. but still with jan tanna...

The House
02-10-10, 7:35 pm
Hell man, I'll watch any video you make brother. I pray life has been good to you and the family. I look forward to seeing you in Columbus and I really look forward to seeing ya on stage again.

thanks bro i can not wait to see you in cbus also we got to catch up. it was great meeting you last year and working out with you.. hope your training is going good u reach 275 yet bro.. i did not reach three bill but i am on my way down now so u are going to pass me up now lol.. i will call ya big bro now..

dannynb
02-11-10, 7:25 am
thanks bro i can not wait to see you in cbus also we got to catch up. it was great meeting you last year and working out with you.. hope your training is going good u reach 275 yet bro.. i did not reach three bill but i am on my way down now so u are going to pass me up now lol.. i will call ya big bro now..

I seriously doubt that LOL. Was a hell of a time training with you and a pleasure meeting you and the family. My training got off course for awhile do to some personal issues but it's back on track again. I'm up to 250ish, had gotten back down to 225 from getting sick and stress. Michelle is actually in contest prep, doing the Texas Shredder in April. As for the 3 bills....maybe we'll both hit it next year.

OPSNORM
02-11-10, 7:47 am
I would like to see a full body series, kinda like a part 2 to the original animal videos. Theres nothing like watching these before a workout to get you in the right mindset. I also like how on some of the videos Frank explained the method to the madness of the movement he was doing i.e. not worried about weight, more concentration on full range and the squeeze. this helps alot

Marcus Leong
02-11-10, 12:35 pm
bro just keep on pushing.. the weight will come on. keep your stuff simple if your not gaining you need to eat more try to add healthy fats in your diet. keep training hard and u will reach your goals.... u got to think u will grow to grow. positive thinking leads to positive results

Thanks for your time House, looks like i've got to up the carbs and the peanut butter. Sometimes i just feel so down working so hard but not gaining. Hope i can gain at a faster pace now.

dannynb
02-11-10, 12:38 pm

Preach on brother...

He's right, I've been fighting for over a year now to hit 275...gain a few here and a few there...now it looks as though my goal will be reached soon.

Mr.Hardcore98
02-11-10, 4:49 pm
thanks house hope all is going good with your prep

grigiux
02-12-10, 6:45 am
Hello house, just a few questions..
I'm trainig about 2 years now, and from begining till now i trained one bodypart per day 5days/week(chest,back,off,legs shoulders,arms,off), sure i changed exercises time to time, and sometimes chest with tris back with bic ect.. i read that when you just beginer it may be beter train full body 3times/week is it true?
And if you remember, what your rutine looked like when you started training?
I can bench 300lbx1 squat 350bx1 dead lift 390lbx1 but my biceps looks like small shit, what ever i do its just not growing.. My arms is 46cm, thei look wide from side, but from front they look skiny, i think my genetic on arms is crap. poor me. lol
How you think, should i just do what i'm dooing or change my routine to completely diferent one, coz my strenght going up quite fast, but just that look in the mirror does not changes?
Thanks for any input, and sorry for my language i'm lithuanian..

Mr.Hardcore98
02-12-10, 3:47 pm
Yo house how far out do you think ishould take a diuretic?

Feel The Power
02-13-10, 10:33 pm
just curious how the diet and training are going.. looking for an update. Best of luck in your next show, I heard it is going to be the NY pro. I was glued to the animal and MD threads when you competed in the Europa. Are you going to track your progress the same way?? We are all pulling for you!!

The House
02-15-10, 5:58 pm
I would like to see a full body series, kinda like a part 2 to the original animal videos. Theres nothing like watching these before a workout to get you in the right mindset. I also like how on some of the videos Frank explained the method to the madness of the movement he was doing i.e. not worried about weight, more concentration on full range and the squeeze. this helps alot

i would be up for that for sure... but i think only frank does the animal one i could do my own i guess..

The House
02-15-10, 5:59 pm
Thanks for your time House, looks like i've got to up the carbs and the peanut butter. Sometimes i just feel so down working so hard but not gaining. Hope i can gain at a faster pace now.

you will eating is the biggest part of gaining and cutting

The House
02-15-10, 6:00 pm
Preach on brother...

He's right, I've been fighting for over a year now to hit 275...gain a few here and a few there...now it looks as though my goal will be reached soon.

it will big bro.. soon you will hit 275 and then new doors will open after that

The House
02-15-10, 6:01 pm
thanks house hope all is going good with your prep

prep is going great 12 weeks now so things are starting to turn up... i cant wait..

The House
02-15-10, 6:03 pm
Hello house, just a few questions..
I'm trainig about 2 years now, and from begining till now i trained one bodypart per day 5days/week(chest,back,off,legs shoulders,arms,off), sure i changed exercises time to time, and sometimes chest with tris back with bic ect.. i read that when you just beginer it may be beter train full body 3times/week is it true?
And if you remember, what your rutine looked like when you started training?
I can bench 300lbx1 squat 350bx1 dead lift 390lbx1 but my biceps looks like small shit, what ever i do its just not growing.. My arms is 46cm, thei look wide from side, but from front they look skiny, i think my genetic on arms is crap. poor me. lol
How you think, should i just do what i'm dooing or change my routine to completely diferent one, coz my strenght going up quite fast, but just that look in the mirror does not changes?
Thanks for any input, and sorry for my language i'm lithuanian..

i say you are past the total body training method.. stick to the split you got going bro.. total body training will not get u bigger if thats what u want...

The House
02-15-10, 6:04 pm
Yo house how far out do you think ishould take a diuretic?

if you cut your water right you dont have to take them bro..

The House
02-15-10, 6:05 pm
just curious how the diet and training are going.. looking for an update. Best of luck in your next show, I heard it is going to be the NY pro. I was glued to the animal and MD threads when you competed in the Europa. Are you going to track your progress the same way?? We are all pulling for you!!

i am going to keep ya guys posted for sure... i can wait till the shows this year..

OPSNORM
02-15-10, 6:16 pm
i would be up for that for sure... but i think only frank does the animal one i could do my own i guess..

Go for it! I know we are all glued to your MD videos. doesnt have to be anything fancy, Just The House Raw.

dannynb
02-15-10, 6:40 pm
it will big bro.. soon you will hit 275 and then new doors will open after that

Thanks Erik....look forward to seeing ya again in a few weeks.

The House
02-16-10, 8:32 pm
yep the arnold is going to be great this year...

B Con
02-17-10, 10:26 am
yep the arnold is going to be great this year...

Agreed. Look forward to representing Yellow with you big man. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Reacher34
02-17-10, 6:27 pm
Is it weird that of all the freakish stuff to do/see at the Arnold, seeing House's cows are at the top of my list? Haha!

The House
02-17-10, 8:57 pm
Agreed. Look forward to representing Yellow with you big man. Hope you and the family are doing well.

doing great i cant wait to smash some weight in the cage

The House
02-17-10, 8:58 pm
Is it weird that of all the freakish stuff to do/see at the Arnold, seeing House's cows are at the top of my list? Haha!awesome the cows are doing good lol

GILSTRAPJA
02-17-10, 11:14 pm
Want to start by saying your awesome. I really look up to you and i read anything and watch anything that has to do with you. You seem like a very hard worker and a great family man.

I was using pak, nitro and cuts. I didnt loose alot of weight ( probably from just trying to figure out my diet plan) but my strength is up and my muscles seem harder so im really stoked.now my question. What unversial/animal products do to think are best for gaining and cutting and just wondering what your gaining and cutting supplements are. Thanks

The House
02-18-10, 9:27 pm
Want to start by saying your awesome. I really look up to you and i read anything and watch anything that has to do with you. You seem like a very hard worker and a great family man.

I was using pak, nitro and cuts. I didnt loose alot of weight ( probably from just trying to figure out my diet plan) but my strength is up and my muscles seem harder so im really stoked.now my question. What unversial/animal products do to think are best for gaining and cutting and just wondering what your gaining and cutting supplements are. Thanks

if i am cutting or gaining i always take pak and nitro no matter what... but to get better fat lose then i like cuts with that and omega for good fats... the omega helps because if u are dieting it is very critical to get good fats in. if i am tryin to gain i like stak and realgains with the pak and nitro... also pump is great to take pre workout to boost energy and to get blood in the muscle..

GILSTRAPJA
02-18-10, 10:03 pm
I know its a stupid question bc i know you cant have the best of both worlds but , im not an over weight guy but im kinda stocky so i dont like gaining alot of weight and i was wondering if its possible to make gains in size and strength while not being shredded or anything but just staying leaner while bulking

dannynb
02-19-10, 12:13 am
Erik, congrats....I saw that MD re-signed you, it's good to hear.

In Flames
02-19-10, 12:21 am
Erik, how long do you typically rest between sets?

The House
02-19-10, 9:52 pm
I know its a stupid question bc i know you cant have the best of both worlds but , im not an over weight guy but im kinda stocky so i dont like gaining alot of weight and i was wondering if its possible to make gains in size and strength while not being shredded or anything but just staying leaner while bulking

yes you can make gains without getting fat.... that all comes down to diet.. u got to eat lots of clean food and train hard.

The House
02-19-10, 9:52 pm
Erik, congrats....I saw that MD re-signed you, it's good to hear.

thanks

The House
02-19-10, 9:53 pm
Erik, how long do you typically rest between sets?

one core lifts 1 -2 mins on regular stuff 30sec to 1 min...

Marcus Leong
02-20-10, 7:19 am
House, i stepped on the scales yesterday and guess what, i'm finally gaining! Put on about 3.5kg in total now, thanks for the motivation man! Hope my gains will continue in my second cycle of M-Stak

Reacher34
02-20-10, 12:36 pm
one core lifts 1 -2 mins on regular stuff 30sec to 1 min...

Is this year round? Or does it change in the offseason vs. pre-contest?

D-NUTZ
02-20-10, 2:54 pm
Thanks for picking me man. I can't wait, this is going to be a great time.

Quick question though:

I had to change my split to deal with life and now it looks like this:

M-Legs
T-Chest
W-Back
TH-Delts
F-Arms

The question is, when i do legs, should i do majority of my quad movements first, then my hamstring movements? Or so i alternate back and fourth?

Same with with Arms. Should i do all my Bis first then tris? or switch it up or what?

Thanks bro.

LittleMan55
02-20-10, 4:18 pm
Congrats on resigning with MD bro!

dedsqtbnch
02-20-10, 8:55 pm
ok so i have had a poped blood vessile in my eye befor. but today i had a bloody nose after squats and leg extentions wile doing lying leg curls and thats never happend. what might you think it is and would you like me to post every supp im taking if it has to do with that. and should i go to the dr

pattybilt
02-21-10, 8:46 pm
I have been doing routines where one group of muscles are all trained on one day such as, mon-chest, tues-legs, wed-off, thurs-back and shoulders, fri-arms, while using techniques to "shock" these muscle groups. I have had good results with this, but I recently tried a new routine where all muscle groups are worked but using different variations each session, while still doing legs on one day. I noticed that I was able to lift a much higher weight, in some cases thirty or more lbs, with each exercise, keeping proper form. I actually tried this for a couple of weeks, now going back to my normal routine, I am less than pleased, I noticed that as I go through my normal session, each exercise is decreasing in weight from the new workout.

The House
02-22-10, 6:31 pm
House, i stepped on the scales yesterday and guess what, i'm finally gaining! Put on about 3.5kg in total now, thanks for the motivation man! Hope my gains will continue in my second cycle of M-Stak

that is awesome bro i hope you keep packing them on.. just dont pass me up ok.. keep me posted

The House
02-22-10, 6:32 pm
Is this year round? Or does it change in the offseason vs. pre-contest?

more contest like for me.. ,but i still keep a good pace off season to... no loner than a min to 2 min

The House
02-22-10, 6:34 pm
Thanks for picking me man. I can't wait, this is going to be a great time.

Quick question though:

I had to change my split to deal with life and now it looks like this:

M-Legs
T-Chest
W-Back
TH-Delts
F-Arms

The question is, when i do legs, should i do majority of my quad movements first, then my hamstring movements? Or so i alternate back and fourth?

Same with with Arms. Should i do all my Bis first then tris? or switch it up or what?

Thanks bro.
i like to change all the time but for the most part i hit quads first then ham... for arms i do bi first because i am focusing on them and dont need as much work on my tris....

The House
02-22-10, 6:35 pm
Congrats on resigning with MD bro!

yeah buddy...

The House
02-22-10, 6:38 pm
ok so i have had a poped blood vessile in my eye befor. but today i had a bloody nose after squats and leg extentions wile doing lying leg curls and thats never happend. what might you think it is and would you like me to post every supp im taking if it has to do with that. and should i go to the dr

is your blood pressure high bro.. get it checked... and make sure you are breathing while you lift.. or could just be a cold could cause it... if it keeps up get it looked at by your doctor..

B Con
02-22-10, 6:42 pm
yeah buddy...

MORE HOUSE BUILDERS!!!

FYI-- Chris has already been texting me in regards to the curling... he's ready.

The House
02-22-10, 6:44 pm
I have been doing routines where one group of muscles are all trained on one day such as, mon-chest, tues-legs, wed-off, thurs-back and shoulders, fri-arms, while using techniques to "shock" these muscle groups. I have had good results with this, but I recently tried a new routine where all muscle groups are worked but using different variations each session, while still doing legs on one day. I noticed that I was able to lift a much higher weight, in some cases thirty or more lbs, with each exercise, keeping proper form. I actually tried this for a couple of weeks, now going back to my normal routine, I am less than pleased, I noticed that as I go through my normal session, each exercise is decreasing in weight from the new workout.

glad you got stronger bro, but sounds like you did not hold it long.. keep changing it till you find what works best for u..

dannynb
02-22-10, 7:48 pm
10 days brudda!!! c u there!

bigkahuna08
02-22-10, 11:58 pm
Right now i am sample dieting for a future contest..i dont know when this will be maybe in the fall or next year. I am dieting for 8 weeks hardcore and have been on a ketosis diet for 3 weeks so far. When should i introduce carbs on a daily basis and how much should i consume/day. I have had 2 carb load days (sundays) consisting of around 100 carbs each time.

Weight: 187 lbs
BF : down to around 9 or 10%

Diet : Meal 1: 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg
Meal 2: 2 scoops eas with 1 tbs natural pb
Meal 3 : 4 oz fish and asparagus
Meal 4: 4 oz fish and asparagus
Meal 5: 2 scoops eas with 1 tbs natural pb
Meal 6: 4 oz fish with 8 oz. milk
all of my fish has about 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil for some extra fatty acids

what are some tweaks i can add to this diet for the best look

im currently doing 45 min to an hour of cardio a day and hitting the weights like there is no tomorrow

Birdman
02-23-10, 12:10 am
whats up house, gotta quick question for ya. Whats the best way to perform front squats? i usually rest the bar on my delts and upper chest with my arms parallel to the floor and crossed in front, but this style kills my shoulders and limits the weight/reps i can do. Any other good styles?
thanks bro

The House
02-23-10, 2:01 pm
Right now i am sample dieting for a future contest..i dont know when this will be maybe in the fall or next year. I am dieting for 8 weeks hardcore and have been on a ketosis diet for 3 weeks so far. When should i introduce carbs on a daily basis and how much should i consume/day. I have had 2 carb load days (sundays) consisting of around 100 carbs each time.

Weight: 187 lbs
BF : down to around 9 or 10%

Diet : Meal 1: 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg
Meal 2: 2 scoops eas with 1 tbs natural pb
Meal 3 : 4 oz fish and asparagus
Meal 4: 4 oz fish and asparagus
Meal 5: 2 scoops eas with 1 tbs natural pb
Meal 6: 4 oz fish with 8 oz. milk
all of my fish has about 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil for some extra fatty acids

what are some tweaks i can add to this diet for the best look

im currently doing 45 min to an hour of cardio a day and hitting the weights like there is no tomorrow
if u still want to stay on the low carb diet it sounds good i just think you should be eat more cals... i say add some carbs in the first meal if you are feeling u want to add some.

The House
02-23-10, 2:03 pm
whats up house, gotta quick question for ya. Whats the best way to perform front squats? i usually rest the bar on my delts and upper chest with my arms parallel to the floor and crossed in front, but this style kills my shoulders and limits the weight/reps i can do. Any other good styles?
thanks bro

i like to squat with my arms extended and around the bar and the bar on my rear delts.. it feels best for me..

bigkahuna08
02-23-10, 7:31 pm
thanks bro for the advice i appreciate it...after i get to my goal im gonna maintain for a while and then go back to a clean bulk to bring up my back and rear delts for a show next year.

Bushbear86
02-24-10, 4:30 am
Hey House, I hope the new year has been treating you well?
I've injured my back last year doing deads so I went to the Biokonetist for some help, he suggested that I follow his 6 weeks program which had me doing one legged squats, lunges and a lot of free body weight types of leg exercises on leg day, I've finished his program at the end of last year and since then my right knee wont stop clicking so I've stopped training legs completely for 2 months now for the knee to recover and it's still not recovering.

What do you suggest I do- Is there any exercises I can do which can lead to recovery?

The House
02-24-10, 4:02 pm
thanks bro for the advice i appreciate it...after i get to my goal im gonna maintain for a while and then go back to a clean bulk to bring up my back and rear delts for a show next year.

awesome keep me posted bro and good luck on your journey...

The House
02-24-10, 4:04 pm
Hey House, I hope the new year has been treating you well?
I've injured my back last year doing deads so I went to the Biokonetist for some help, he suggested that I follow his 6 weeks program which had me doing one legged squats, lunges and a lot of free body weight types of leg exercises on leg day, I've finished his program at the end of last year and since then my right knee wont stop clicking so I've stopped training legs completely for 2 months now for the knee to recover and it's still not recovering.

What do you suggest I do- Is there any exercises I can do which can lead to recovery?

i say if its been two months u might want to see the dr bro.. u might have some damage in the knee cartilage. but u should train them bro... dont just stop training them get it looked at and start back up...

dedsqtbnch
02-24-10, 5:49 pm
ill be going to the dr next week about my bloody nose i asked you about the other day. but i also wanted to know can i have this as a cut due to the fact that i dont eat fish or salad none of it

1st 6 to 7 eggs hole, scram
2nd protein shake
3rd 8oz chicken brown rice
4th protien shake
5th 8oz chicken
6th protien shake

and do you think i will get any good results

Hengman
02-25-10, 2:00 am
Hey Mr. Fankhouser!

I was curious about this problem I have with my symmetry. I've been through a hell-hole last year and I missed the gym for 8 months until last week.

However, the problem is my right lat. When I'm relaxed, my back looks even and wide, but when I flex, my left one pops up fully, and my right is like...retracted and it just looks flat.

What do you recommend I do to fix this issue and what would you do if you had this issue?

workhard2121
02-25-10, 7:01 pm
Hey House,
Nice to see you on here and helping all of us out. I was wondering if you were still selling the "You are your maker" shirts that are on your site. I wanted to send you the cash for one, but wanted to make sure you still had some before I did that.

I also was wondering how your "offseason" diet looks. I am doing 5 solid meals of chicken, rice, veggie (all the basics, tried and true), along with a few shakes. I add in a cheat meal about twice a week because I am lean year around at 208lbs and 10% to 12% BF depending on the time of the year when I get tested. I also am only 21 years old so my metabolism is still going strong and burning the cals like crazy with my workout.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

~Neal Kirby

Speedgtr92
02-25-10, 8:19 pm
House, are you still with MD?

The House
02-25-10, 8:33 pm
ill be going to the dr next week about my bloody nose i asked you about the other day. but i also wanted to know can i have this as a cut due to the fact that i dont eat fish or salad none of it

1st 6 to 7 eggs hole, scram
2nd protein shake
3rd 8oz chicken brown rice
4th protien shake
5th 8oz chicken
6th protien shake

and do you think i will get any good results

i say take in more real food less shakes bro... and still some carbs bro u dont want to go zero all the time..

The House
02-25-10, 8:36 pm
Hey Mr. Fankhouser!

I was curious about this problem I have with my symmetry. I've been through a hell-hole last year and I missed the gym for 8 months until last week.

However, the problem is my right lat. When I'm relaxed, my back looks even and wide, but when I flex, my left one pops up fully, and my right is like...retracted and it just looks flat.

What do you recommend I do to fix this issue and what would you do if you had this issue?
have u ever had any injuries in that area... if so thats why.. but stretching can help to get your lats out better and practice posing i have seen that some people just dont know how to flex them and that could be it to..

The House
02-25-10, 8:40 pm
Hey House,
Nice to see you on here and helping all of us out. I was wondering if you were still selling the "You are your maker" shirts that are on your site. I wanted to send you the cash for one, but wanted to make sure you still had some before I did that.

I also was wondering how your "offseason" diet looks. I am doing 5 solid meals of chicken, rice, veggie (all the basics, tried and true), along with a few shakes. I add in a cheat meal about twice a week because I am lean year around at 208lbs and 10% to 12% BF depending on the time of the year when I get tested. I also am only 21 years old so my metabolism is still going strong and burning the cals like crazy with my workout.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

~Neal Kirby
yep still got them just give me a email so i can see if i got your size efankhouser@hotmail.com... the diet looks good for the offseason and i always do the cheat meals in the offseason to. it makes it something to look forward to.. plus like you said you are lean and young so enjoy them...

The House
02-25-10, 8:41 pm
House, are you still with MD?

yep just got re-signed with them...

Hengman
02-25-10, 9:10 pm
have u ever had any injuries in that area... if so thats why.. but stretching can help to get your lats out better and practice posing i have seen that some people just dont know how to flex them and that could be it to..

Thanks, big man!

I only had a couple of sprains in the area, but it was like nothing. I had therapeutic work done on my right lat and rear delts, but I only notice that it is still flat compared to my left side.

Do you think it could be how I deadlifted? I did an over/under grip for my deadlifts, and I'm not sure if that's the problem. I can do the same weight on both sides with dumbbells evenly, and my form on the exercises that uses both arms (like bent-over rows) is really good and both sides are pulled evenly.

It's just when I flex that I notice the flaw and I really don't know where to head to. It's been bugging me.

Thanks for all the help!

workhard2121
02-25-10, 10:35 pm
Thanks for the quick answer and I sent you that email! Excited to see that you resigned with MD. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Razor
02-25-10, 10:39 pm

That's great news House! I look forward to hanging with ya in a few days!

dedsqtbnch
02-25-10, 11:37 pm
That's great news House! I look forward to hanging with ya in a few days!

i wish man yall have fun

dannynb
02-26-10, 1:27 pm
Erik....damn brother you didn't mess around this off-season. Looking thick as hell and 11 weeks to go...

So I hope the family is doing well, London growing fast??? I'm glad to see you're still able to balance it all out even with a newborn....good to know you can always join the circus as a juggler. LOL

Speedgtr92
02-26-10, 3:59 pm

Been lookin for your column for two issues now...glad to hear your gonna be back!!!!

workhard2121
02-27-10, 2:51 pm
Headed to the Arnold so I hope I catch you there House.

Flash419
02-27-10, 2:55 pm

Glad to hear it. Love the MD videos.

See you at the Arnold!

steelwrecker
02-28-10, 8:08 am
I see you have a damn huge triceps.
What exercises do you actually do?

Can you give me any advice how to get huge triceps?

The House
02-28-10, 6:48 pm
Thanks, big man!

I only had a couple of sprains in the area, but it was like nothing. I had therapeutic work done on my right lat and rear delts, but I only notice that it is still flat compared to my left side.

Do you think it could be how I deadlifted? I did an over/under grip for my deadlifts, and I'm not sure if that's the problem. I can do the same weight on both sides with dumbbells evenly, and my form on the exercises that uses both arms (like bent-over rows) is really good and both sides are pulled evenly.

It's just when I flex that I notice the flaw and I really don't know where to head to. It's been bugging me.

Thanks for all the help!
could be the deads maybe, i always use two over hand grip on deads for fear of different development....

The House
02-28-10, 6:51 pm
Thanks for the quick answer and I sent you that email! Excited to see that you resigned with MD. Hope all is well with you and your family!

awesome bro everything is going well.... md is the best mag and i am glad i could stay with them

The House
02-28-10, 6:52 pm
Erik....damn brother you didn't mess around this off-season. Looking thick as hell and 11 weeks to go...

So I hope the family is doing well, London growing fast??? I'm glad to see you're still able to balance it all out even with a newborn....good to know you can always join the circus as a juggler. LOL

lol thats funny

The House
02-28-10, 6:53 pm
Headed to the Arnold so I hope I catch you there House.

i will be there i am pumped.. make sure you stop by and say hi..

The House
02-28-10, 6:54 pm
Glad to hear it. Love the MD videos.

See you at the Arnold!

always good to see ya bro.. last year we trained arms remember..

The House
02-28-10, 6:55 pm
I see you have a damn huge triceps.
What exercises do you actually do?

Can you give me any advice how to get huge triceps?

i do dips, skulls, and over head extensions... and finish with rope push downs for the basic workout..

workhard2121
03-01-10, 12:00 pm
I'll defiantly stop in. Ill also be at metro so hopefully I'll catch you there too.

steelwrecker
03-01-10, 12:25 pm
Hey Fankhouser!

How many sets of each exercise do you do?
I hope i'm not mistaking, but doing more than 9 reps isn't going to get your triceps bigger, or am i wrong?

Btw thanks for the reply

jitin
03-02-10, 2:48 pm
hey .. new to the forum and i started reading this thread .. i learned a lot just by goin through the posts but its so long .. so i dont knw if this question has been asked already but here goes

i am 6'1 and weigh 95 kgs and squat 100 kgs (not a lot but its my max) .. my lifts have gone up but i dont see a lot of change in size and shape- my question is .. could this be because of my stance?? (i keep my feet a little more than shoulder width - it gives me more balance)

is there anything wrong with this stance and how could i improve it with a view to getting more size and/or shape

btw i am seeing changes in the rest of my body so my diet although far form perfect has been enough to bring about changes in my body

The House
03-03-10, 4:34 pm
hey .. new to the forum and i started reading this thread .. i learned a lot just by goin through the posts but its so long .. so i dont knw if this question has been asked already but here goes

i am 6'1 and weigh 95 kgs and squat 100 kgs (not a lot but its my max) .. my lifts have gone up but i dont see a lot of change in size and shape- my question is .. could this be because of my stance?? (i keep my feet a little more than shoulder width - it gives me more balance)

is there anything wrong with this stance and how could i improve it with a view to getting more size and/or shape

btw i am seeing changes in the rest of my body so my diet although far form perfect has been enough to bring about changes in my body
thanks for the post bro good question... i say keep switching it up.. your strength will go up if you do the same exercises yes but changing the position of your feet you will get better growth and will be able to focus on different parts of your body parts to help shape them how you want... say if you want more sweep then feet close on leg press if u want more inner thigh then legs wide on leg press.. more hams then higher foot placement on leg press.. same goes with any exercise change it up to grow and add more muscle to different parts of your parts....

jitin
03-04-10, 5:44 pm
thanks a lot house .. i think i need to switch my stance and my workouts as well .. seein wht u had to say also made me realise that my workouts are getting very one dimensional .. need to search teh forum for soem good leg workout plans.. thanks again !

workhard2121
03-07-10, 11:39 pm
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to talk with me and let me get a picture with you House. I really appreciate it. I also sent you that email with the info for the "You are your maker" shirt so get back to me when you have a minute in your busy precontest schedule.

Thanks!

Big C
03-07-10, 11:54 pm
Yo bro.....again congrats on the 50 reps, you are a true warrior....I was clearly outmatched!

Also....we were lookin at old pics from the Metro ABC last year compared to this ...you definately brought your upper body up big time - 10 weeks get peeled brother.

Razor
03-08-10, 10:35 am
House i tried sending you a PM but your inbox is completely full.

dannynb
03-08-10, 1:53 pm
My funky brother....was great seeing you again as well as the family. Your daughter is beautiful and X is growing...

All I can say is you will make a presence on the stage at the NYPro. You have def put some size on this off season onto what was already a monster of a frame. Can't wait to see you on stage Erik....until next year brother...I'll be popping in here to make sure you're on your game.

LittleMan55
03-08-10, 2:01 pm
Looking good already and still have a ways to go. No doubts here that you are going to bring your best package ever to the NY Pro stage. I think everyone is in for some serious shock!

It was great seeing Heather, X, and the baby too. They all seem to be doing so well!

D-NUTZ
03-09-10, 6:47 pm
It was great meeting and training with you bro. A quick question that slipped my mind this past weekend:

I do 18-20 sets per major bodypart, for legs, i would split up my sets between quads and hams correct? Like 8-10 quads and 8-10 hammies?

Thanks bro. Looking forward to seeing you again. Good luck in May!

Speedgtr92
03-09-10, 7:06 pm
Great meetin you again House, always a pleasure!!

The House
03-09-10, 8:59 pm
here are my pics that people sent me from the 2010 arnold classic weekend enjoy.... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10476&id=100000343135141&l=183d21b0cd

NaturalTrainee
03-10-10, 3:06 am
Nice pics Eric, you've really improved your upper body and look great.

BK
03-10-10, 7:51 pm
Hi House, my name is Brandon, I've been in the Air Force for about 7 months now and I've been wanting to get into body building for a long time. I figured now is about as good a time to start as any and I was hoping you could help me out. I read through the forum in the training section and I believe the single muscle group per day is where I would like to start, my problem is getting a good routine to start with. I was hoping you could give me a good solid one to start out with. I read your article on being your own maker and it's motivated me to do the same, my goal is to make it into the AF Body Building Team and take it from there. our gym is open Mon - Sat I believe, I think it may be closed on Sundays, and I have about an hour and a half to two hours a day to hit it, if that would help out getting an idea of what kind of routine I could handle. I know you've got a lot on you're plate with training and other members so whenever you can get back to me I appreciate it.

BamBam
03-12-10, 12:07 pm
Good seeing you again bro at THE CAGE! Im back... just lemme know when it'd be good to come train with ya and Ill drive down!

dannynb
03-12-10, 12:57 pm
Good seeing you again bro at THE CAGE! Im back... just lemme know when it'd be good to come train with ya and Ill drive down!

It's about damn time!!! Great seeing ya and meeting your lady.

BamBam
03-12-10, 4:01 pm
It's about damn time!!! Great seeing ya and meeting your lady.

Thanks Big D

Littlefry
03-12-10, 7:16 pm
Quick question House. I realize you are cutting and currently so am I. I was wondering when cutting what supplements do you use? I remeber seeing your video on MD "A day in the life of House" and you where cutting and showed some of the supplements you where on at that time. But, what are you currently taking now?

boyer77
03-13-10, 1:37 pm
It was good seeing you at the Cage last saturday. I noticed your chest and upper body getting bigger. I had a quick question about bringing up my chest. I usually do a shoulder width grip (like a push-up). Should I go wider? My chest is strong but it just doesn't grow at the same speed as the rest of me. Any insight would be appreciated...

Aggression
03-13-10, 2:32 pm
Had a blast with ya at the Cage this year. I'm glad I got to see you 'curl' 405 for 2 reps, haha. Good luck in the rest of your prep big man.

The House
03-15-10, 7:29 pm
Quick question House. I realize you are cutting and currently so am I. I was wondering when cutting what supplements do you use? I remeber seeing your video on MD "A day in the life of House" and you where cutting and showed some of the supplements you where on at that time. But, what are you currently taking now?

animal cuts, nirto, pak, pump and storm right now on my cut..

The House
03-15-10, 7:30 pm
Had a blast with ya at the Cage this year. I'm glad I got to see you 'curl' 405 for 2 reps, haha. Good luck in the rest of your prep big man.

thats funny i dont know what that guy was thinking lol... great seeing u again..

Feel The Power
03-17-10, 9:45 pm
I saw the pic of your abs on face book and you look great!! just curious if you changed your diet around much since that last "day in the life of the house" video. Whatever you are eating it is working.

The House
03-19-10, 7:13 pm
yes diet has changed.. right now i am eating way more and this year i am not doing a low carb diet. trying something different... so eating more and getting better results....

dannynb
03-19-10, 7:35 pm
yes diet has changed.. right now i am eating way more and this year i am not doing a low carb diet. trying something different... so eating more and getting better results....

Well it's working...you're looking great!

workhard2121
03-20-10, 9:10 pm
Hey House what flavor storm is your favorite? Im about to get some and add that into my supplement regimen for this offseason. Also I was wondering if you got a chance to check and see if you had anymore "you are your maker" shirts?

Thanks

felipelpr
03-21-10, 3:23 pm
Hey, Erik!
1 - You have made one of the sickest progress that I've ever seen!
I wonder where you will be in 1, 2 years.

2 - I wanna know what's in ur mind about arms split.
Cause sometimes I feel like I'd rather put triceps on chest day, and biceps on back day. But I believe that vascularity improves when you work your veins 2x a week (i.e, back day and arms day).

What do you feel about it? If you have a day to train arms, do you feel they recovered from chest and back training day?

The House
03-22-10, 6:05 pm
Well it's working...you're looking great!

only time will tell but thanks bro...

The House
03-22-10, 6:06 pm
Hey House what flavor storm is your favorite? Im about to get some and add that into my supplement regimen for this offseason. Also I was wondering if you got a chance to check and see if you had anymore "you are your maker" shirts?

Thanks

i like the blue storm mixed with the green bcaa stack it taste great..... i have shirts bro email me from my website www.erikfankhouser.net

The House
03-22-10, 6:08 pm
Hey, Erik!
1 - You have made one of the sickest progress that I've ever seen!
I wonder where you will be in 1, 2 years.

2 - I wanna know what's in ur mind about arms split.
Cause sometimes I feel like I'd rather put triceps on chest day, and biceps on back day. But I believe that vascularity improves when you work your veins 2x a week (i.e, back day and arms day).

What do you feel about it? If you have a day to train arms, do you feel they recovered from chest and back training day?

i tried both bro.. i like to train arms on there own day.. it seems after chest or back i never have enough in my tank to do arms like i want to...

Reacher34
03-22-10, 7:19 pm
Hey House,

I'm interested in a shirt too. I went ahead and emailed you per the instructions a couple posts up.

salcemx
03-24-10, 11:10 am
ok my first post, obviously it will be for Dr. House

isnt a question really.. is more like a feedback or recommendation for you.. ;D

well only to tell you as i am a big fan of your progress... i was seeing your website, and just find out your 3 best songs to train...

well let me tell you that u need to listen to the best song available on the earth to train... believe me.. i listen do a LOT of music as a part of my job so.. best song to train recommendation for you bro:

Lil Jon - What you gonna do

hope u like the song..

dannynb
03-24-10, 11:23 am
My funky brother.....getting closer, getting leaner....how is the show prep coming along?? Need some pics man or are you gonna keep it all hush hush and reveal the package on stage.

The House
03-24-10, 1:38 pm
Hey House,

I'm interested in a shirt too. I went ahead and emailed you per the instructions a couple posts up.

awesome will get back to ya soon thanks

The House
03-24-10, 1:40 pm
ok my first post, obviously it will be for Dr. House

isnt a question really.. is more like a feedback or recommendation for you.. ;D

well only to tell you as i am a big fan of your progress... i was seeing your website, and just find out your 3 best songs to train...

well let me tell you that u need to listen to the best song available on the earth to train... believe me.. i listen do a LOT of music as a part of my job so.. best song to train recommendation for you bro:

Lil Jon - What you gonna do

hope u like the song..
i will hit it up and tell ya what i think going to itunes after i post lol

The House
03-24-10, 1:41 pm
My funky brother.....getting closer, getting leaner....how is the show prep coming along?? Need some pics man or are you gonna keep it all hush hush and reveal the package on stage.

things are coming along good.. seven weeks out still so no pics yet wait till the product gets polished first...

dannynb
03-24-10, 2:01 pm
things are coming along good.. seven weeks out still so no pics yet wait till the product gets polished first...

I got ya...looking forward to seeing the improvements.

Reacher34
03-26-10, 11:31 am
This question is for House, and for anyone else that wants to chime in.

I had bulked up to and maintained a weight between 225-228lbs. I then worked hard on a diet that would allow me to slowly diet down (about 1 pound a week was the goal). It consisted of 365g protein, 102g fat, and 260g carbs for just under 3500kcals a day.

Most of my carbs are either in breakfast and surrounding my workout. The only meals that don't include fat are pre and post wo.

I thought this out and was hopeful....but here I am 2 weeks later at a bodyweight of 217. 11lbs lost in 2 weeks is MUCH more than I wanted. I know much of it is probably water and the fact that I simply don't have as much food in my belly at one time. Regardless, isn't the weight coming off too fast? I obviously don't want to lose muscle, what do you think?

Old No.7
03-26-10, 11:39 am
I by no means am an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt. However, from what I have read from a lot of guys is to reduce about 500 cal from your bulk diet to see how that works. If you are not loosing then you reduce more, if you are loosing too much you add a little back in. Obviously this method is for those that count their calories, I know a lot of guys are not quite that specific. I see you didn't post what number of calories you were taking during your bulk, so your 3500 a day may be too much of a reduction, thus causing you to loose more weight then you want.