PDA

View Full Version : Housecalls with "The House"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

Solid Dreams
07-06-12, 11:54 pm
Good luck House! Saw the calves, holy shit! Think we need to start calling them just flat out bulls...

Flash419
07-07-12, 4:54 pm
Just looked at pics on Flexonline, House looks awesome. And made first 2 callouts. Going to be a good night!

mritter3
07-07-12, 8:19 pm
Just looked at pics on Flexonline, House looks awesome. And made first 2 callouts. Going to be a good night!

Ya I saw em...looked real good...tear em up house!

dannynb
07-08-12, 3:50 pm
Congrats Erik. Placed well, and looked great! Many improvements have been made. Each time you hit the stage you look better and better.

Solid Dreams
07-08-12, 4:02 pm
Feel like you got robbed, you looked amazing!

kcburrows
07-13-12, 9:53 am
you looked great brother...hard work has def paid off and shown

kcburrows
07-18-12, 12:48 pm
had a quick question mate, i'm getting ready to start on my bulk diet, i think i got everything down for now, i am going to be using one of your mass shakes that you've wrote about in the past. using whey, milk, pb and banana. I noticed in your diet due to constraints you used it as your second meal. If i drink it as my first meal do you feel that'd be too much. only reason for this is my wife and i work together so we ride share and were out the door by 430am and its much easier to fix a shake to drink on the way than make a meal and try and eat it while driving. I was only planning on using a whey shake first thing and a real gains shake pre bedtime. Can i get your thoughts on this?

Joe J
07-18-12, 12:59 pm
FUCK ME MATE, just saw the pictures on FlexOnline. You look great mate, better than I've ever seen you before! Great work brother.

Mr. Dead
07-21-12, 10:36 pm
Sent a facebook message to the Landlord, regarding your upcoming trip to the great state of Washington... Let me know...

The House
07-23-12, 9:05 pm
Will do! Your going to kill it bro!

Following along brother. CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Good luck Saturday in Chicago! You are going to kill it!

Good-luck this weekend Erik!!

bring home that 1st place hardware brotha!

Good luck man, make some waves!!

Good luck House, give em hell!

Good luck House! Saw the calves, holy shit! Think we need to start calling them just flat out bulls...

thanks everyone show went ok just did not turn out the way i wanted it to but will do better next show.

The House
07-23-12, 9:07 pm
thanks first call out was awesome as soon as i got called out with second group i knew it was not good

The House
07-23-12, 9:08 pm
Ya I saw em...looked real good...tear em up house!

thanks made some improvements but still not 100%

The House
07-23-12, 9:08 pm
Congrats Erik. Placed well, and looked great! Many improvements have been made. Each time you hit the stage you look better and better.

very true mate thanks

The House
07-23-12, 9:09 pm
Feel like you got robbed, you looked amazing!

i feel like i got well i cant say that lol

The House
07-23-12, 9:10 pm
you looked great brother...hard work has def paid off and shown

need more time and sunshine to grow.

The House
07-23-12, 9:12 pm
had a quick question mate, i'm getting ready to start on my bulk diet, i think i got everything down for now, i am going to be using one of your mass shakes that you've wrote about in the past. using whey, milk, pb and banana. I noticed in your diet due to constraints you used it as your second meal. If i drink it as my first meal do you feel that'd be too much. only reason for this is my wife and i work together so we ride share and were out the door by 430am and its much easier to fix a shake to drink on the way than make a meal and try and eat it while driving. I was only planning on using a whey shake first thing and a real gains shake pre bedtime. Can i get your thoughts on this?

yes you can do a shake first meal mate. bed time u can also but just make sure doing two plus all ur meals you dont gain to much to fast were it is fat make sure its clean weight

The House
07-23-12, 9:13 pm
FUCK ME MATE, just saw the pictures on FlexOnline. You look great mate, better than I've ever seen you before! Great work brother.

thanks i feel i was much bigger just not as ripped as past

The House
07-23-12, 9:14 pm
Sent a facebook message to the Landlord, regarding your upcoming trip to the great state of Washington... Let me know...

awesome cant wait for show should be fun u ever been to this show before...

The House
07-23-12, 9:28 pm
starting the prep now

The House
07-23-12, 9:28 pm
anyone got any guess on which show i am doing .....

kcburrows
07-24-12, 8:36 am
anyone got any guess on which show i am doing .....

Dallas Europa??? whichever one it is i just gotta say its awesome to see you back on the stage!

Gr8_JoeyK
07-27-12, 3:43 pm
what up fella. i usually talk with the guys at the Supplement Central booth about my animal and universal products, what new products would you suggest to try out? thanks!!

Ozzy27
08-02-12, 4:12 pm
Hi Erik,

just read the latest article. Looking at the photos of your last show you improved a lot,as you said you need a slightly better condition and I add a better color. As a matter of fact,I will always stick with the Animal family. Those roadblocks are just bullshit, we as man must overcome them not just for us but for our fellow.
Damn you're the one who inspires me!
About the show,there's Dallas or Phoenix,with Phoenix being a little bit closer to the Mr.O, if you do fine there, you can enter the O with a solid base.
Whetever you do,go there and kick some ass, as you always do. Peace.

The House
08-05-12, 6:28 pm
Dallas Europa??? whichever one it is i just gotta say its awesome to see you back on the stage!

no not that one

The House
08-05-12, 6:30 pm
what up fella. i usually talk with the guys at the Supplement Central booth about my animal and universal products, what new products would you suggest to try out? thanks!!

rage is newest animal product its awesome. i also like all the new flavors of atomic 7 and shock.. and the new mint real gains if you are wanting to add some size

The House
08-05-12, 6:31 pm
Hi Erik,

just read the latest article. Looking at the photos of your last show you improved a lot,as you said you need a slightly better condition and I add a better color. As a matter of fact,I will always stick with the Animal family. Those roadblocks are just bullshit, we as man must overcome them not just for us but for our fellow.
Damn you're the one who inspires me!
About the show,there's Dallas or Phoenix,with Phoenix being a little bit closer to the Mr.O, if you do fine there, you can enter the O with a solid base.
Whetever you do,go there and kick some ass, as you always do. Peace.

thanks mate cant wait to hit the stage again

The House
08-12-12, 7:14 pm
diet is going great only a hand full of weeks left till the big dance again i cant wait

The House
08-12-12, 7:15 pm
my refocus and rebuild is going great i cant wait to hit it again

The House
08-19-12, 8:12 pm
had a great week training i am 9 weeks out and feeling good i cant wait to hit the stage again

The House
08-19-12, 8:13 pm
how many people are going to go to the olympia

Bard of Rage
08-20-12, 10:09 am
how many people are going to go to the olympia

Would love to but I'm going to opt to go to the Arnold next year instead.

dkbwar
08-24-12, 1:19 pm
hi mr Fankhouser, cant wait to see you again on stage, you are so far my fav bb of Animal family, so FKING NICE GENES! IMO the best of the best , I think you diserved a better place at the Chigaco, the guy who won has almost no calves nor forearms, didnt like his back, anyhow past is past, so where are you going to compete at???? wherever it is, we wish you the BEST! go and destroy them!

The House
08-26-12, 6:49 pm
Would love to but I'm going to opt to go to the Arnold next year instead.

awesome the arnold is better in my book anyway...

The House
08-26-12, 6:51 pm
hi mr Fankhouser, cant wait to see you again on stage, you are so far my fav bb of Animal family, so FKING NICE GENES! IMO the best of the best , I think you diserved a better place at the Chigaco, the guy who won has almost no calves nor forearms, didnt like his back, anyhow past is past, so where are you going to compete at???? wherever it is, we wish you the BEST! go and destroy them!

thank you i am deep into contest prep again cant wait to step on stage again... soon it will be soon

The House
09-02-12, 9:43 am
Another good week down of dieting and another ahead time is flying by got to stay on my game and bring it in October

The House
09-02-12, 9:44 am
I am learning my body so well this time around and I am getting stronger mentally this is a great combination

HIGA MONSTER
09-02-12, 10:53 am
Another good week down of dieting and another ahead time is flying by got to stay on my game and bring it in October
Looking forward to seeing you in Washington at the "IronMan" bro.

I hope your training is well and we will definitely hook up while you are in the Seattle area and shoot the shit.
HIGA MONSTER

dkbwar
09-09-12, 2:43 am
still learning yourself, OMG, if you are still learning then we havent been born yet, lol...

IMO your body is the desired one, the dreamed one, what a freaking perfect form you have, and the size is perfect, I think you wanna grow more right? I would stay in the way you look like today, staying as healthy as I could, leaner or some fat whatever but to my eyes, you cant be better, nobody can be better than you lmao, maybe am exagerating but i never seen a BB with your forms man, congrats... are you planning to grow more?

Ive seen a lot of videos of you on youtube, you are a trully inspiration, your spiritual life, you family time, your full time job, your training guts, your organization to rest, sup, plan, eat, etc, etc, etc It is a honor to see people like u walking among us, the mortals, lol, like I said bf, cant wait to c u on stage again, I heard that Evan Centopani is going to the Olympia, I dont really like the sizes they are expecting in the top 10 man of there man, nasty, but if Evan is going to the O, it is so so cool that Animal Family is going so far beyond the limits and if we can support we'll be there

The House
09-09-12, 7:13 pm
Looking forward to seeing you in Washington at the "IronMan" bro.

I hope your training is well and we will definitely hook up while you are in the Seattle area and shoot the shit.
HIGA MONSTER

awesome cant wait bro hope all is well cant wait to catch up

The House
09-09-12, 7:17 pm
still learning yourself, OMG, if you are still learning then we havent been born yet, lol...

IMO your body is the desired one, the dreamed one, what a freaking perfect form you have, and the size is perfect, I think you wanna grow more right? I would stay in the way you look like today, staying as healthy as I could, leaner or some fat whatever but to my eyes, you cant be better, nobody can be better than you lmao, maybe am exagerating but i never seen a BB with your forms man, congrats... are you planning to grow more?

Ive seen a lot of videos of you on youtube, you are a trully inspiration, your spiritual life, you family time, your full time job, your training guts, your organization to rest, sup, plan, eat, etc, etc, etc It is a honor to see people like u walking among us, the mortals, lol, like I said bf, cant wait to c u on stage again, I heard that Evan Centopani is going to the Olympia, I dont really like the sizes they are expecting in the top 10 man of there man, nasty, but if Evan is going to the O, it is so so cool that Animal Family is going so far beyond the limits and if we can support we'll be there

i am just trying to get better all around, bigger in some areas and not in some and just have better condition on stage next time i compete. thanks for the support and kind words

The House
09-09-12, 7:18 pm
6 weeks out till show almost there now time is flying by most people might want it to go fast but i value my time so i hope it dont go by to fast..

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 8:53 pm
Looking forward to seeing you at the NPC Washington Iron Man...

Bard of Rage
09-11-12, 11:30 am
6 weeks out till show almost there now time is flying by most people might want it to go fast but i value my time so i hope it dont go by to fast..

I would say good luck but fuck it, tear them all a new one! How do you like the Vibram's so far House?

The House
09-16-12, 8:40 pm
Looking forward to seeing you at the NPC Washington Iron Man...

i cant wait to guest pose and see everyone also.. it will be a good show, have u been there before

The House
09-16-12, 8:41 pm
I would say good luck but fuck it, tear them all a new one! How do you like the Vibram's so far House?

thanks and i love them i have not taken them off since my first cardio session in them. they feel great

Bard of Rage
09-17-12, 10:14 am
thanks and i love them i have not taken them off since my first cardio session in them. they feel great

Nice man, I've been using them for a few years now and love em.

Mr. Dead
09-17-12, 10:57 am
i cant wait to guest pose and see everyone also.. it will be a good show, have u been there before

Yep... Have almost competed in it... Injuries prevented it... Brad and Elaine, the Promoters are good people, too...

dannynb
09-19-12, 1:10 pm
Loving the updated pics. You have made some hellacious changes since I first met you brother. Overall size, thickness and recently some good conditioning especially with 6 weeks to go still. Looking forward to seeing you on stage again as always and I'll see you in Vegas or Columbus, maybe both. Tell the family we said hi and send our love.

The House
09-23-12, 8:24 pm

thats cool man i dont know if i will ever not use them lol

The House
09-23-12, 8:25 pm

u ever try the fila ones i saw some they looked similar but not same any info on them

The House
09-23-12, 8:25 pm
Yep... Have almost competed in it... Injuries prevented it... Brad and Elaine, the Promoters are good people, too...

cool, hope u are ok mate

The House
09-23-12, 8:26 pm
Loving the updated pics. You have made some hellacious changes since I first met you brother. Overall size, thickness and recently some good conditioning especially with 6 weeks to go still. Looking forward to seeing you on stage again as always and I'll see you in Vegas or Columbus, maybe both. Tell the family we said hi and send our love.

thanks mate a month out wish me luck

The House
09-23-12, 8:27 pm
things are going great cant wait to compete over seas.. doiong it all up right now

Bard of Rage
09-24-12, 8:23 am
u ever try the fila ones i saw some they looked similar but not same any info on them

No sir I have not but those along with the Nike Free's are all along the same concept. I've been using the KSO's and slipper Vibrams for a bit now, though I have to say the ones you have look comfortable man.

The House
09-30-12, 2:56 pm
No sir I have not but those along with the Nike Free's are all along the same concept. I've been using the KSO's and slipper Vibrams for a bit now, though I have to say the ones you have look comfortable man.

They are mate I like them a lot .. Might try others also just to see how they feel.

The House
09-30-12, 2:57 pm
Three weeks out time is coming to a end I am ready time is flying which is awesome

The House
09-30-12, 2:58 pm
Here is a pic three weeks out
http://instagr.am/p/QM3ZA3S8hg/

Thunder Chicken
10-05-12, 12:45 pm
Hey House, I need help with something, Ive been working with Little Z in the past on my bench, it went from 215lbs max to a 315lbs max in a matter of 2-3 months. now i am getting strong but not gaining size, i eat the right stuff and take universal ultra Whay pro and carb pro but not getting the size i would like to see, any ideas or any advice would be awesome!

thanks TC

Bard of Rage
10-10-12, 2:28 pm
Haha I loved the gangnam style you did House, good times man.

TotalxWar
10-25-12, 2:19 pm
Hey House,
I've 2 questions on your training split 19.
When it says 6-12 reps, do you increase the weight each set until its heavy enough to get just like 12,10,8,6 or whatever.
Or do you use a set weight for each set?
Also, how do you reccomend eating on this program?
Thanks!

The House
10-27-12, 8:18 am
Hey House, I need help with something, Ive been working with Little Z in the past on my bench, it went from 215lbs max to a 315lbs max in a matter of 2-3 months. now i am getting strong but not gaining size, i eat the right stuff and take universal ultra Whay pro and carb pro but not getting the size i would like to see, any ideas or any advice would be awesome!

thanks TC

Mate are u training for size or strength because its two different types of training. Yes there are cross overs between the two but two different types of training

The House
10-27-12, 8:20 am
Haha I loved the gangnam style you did House, good times man.

Thanks it was fun had to do something different

The House
10-27-12, 8:21 am
Hey House,
I've 2 questions on your training split 19.
When it says 6-12 reps, do you increase the weight each set until its heavy enough to get just like 12,10,8,6 or whatever.
Or do you use a set weight for each set?
Also, how do you reccomend eating on this program?
Thanks!

No I change the weight to hit the desired reps mate

solomon_caine
10-27-12, 8:51 am
House!

I'd like to ask a few questions on exercises concerning chest and shoulders.

1. About the chest: Do reverse grip front dumbbell raises hit the upper pecs? Everyone's doing it in my gym apart from the usual bench and cables. I'd like to know if it's effective and where exactly does it hit.

2. On shoulders: I'm having a hard time with my rear delts and would like to find out if there are other exercises for them. Can you suggest any?

thanks for the time, 'bro.

Thunder Chicken
11-05-12, 9:59 am
Mate are u training for size or strength because its two different types of training. Yes there are cross overs between the two but two different types of training

i kinda thought they worked with each other as in the more i push the bigger i will get, i guess i have been doing strength but i would like to gain some size.

Mr. Dead
11-08-12, 2:39 pm
Thanks it was fun had to do something different

It was really great to see you, again, when you were up here... That posing routine killed me... *LOL*

The House
11-11-12, 8:36 pm
House!

1. About the chest: Do reverse grip front dumbbell raises hit the upper pecs? Everyone's doing it in my gym apart from the usual bench and cables. I'd like to know if it's effective and where exactly does it hit.

2. On shoulders: I'm having a hard time with my rear delts and would like to find out if there are other exercises for them. Can you suggest any?

it is a ok exercise for chest but it does hit the shoulders to. if u focus on the vhest you can make it work the chest more....

The House
11-11-12, 8:38 pm
House!

reverse flies, bent over db raises, and cable overhead reardelts

The House
11-11-12, 8:38 pm
i kinda thought they worked with each other as in the more i push the bigger i will get, i guess i have been doing strength but i would like to gain some size.

size is awesome

The House
11-11-12, 8:40 pm
It was really great to see you, again, when you were up here... That posing routine killed me... *LOL*

thanks buddy you to.. sorry we did not get to tlak much i was running late and had to go with my ride..

The House
11-11-12, 8:41 pm
offseason is rigth around the bend

MikeNice
11-12-12, 7:49 am
I read your articles "Refocus and Rebuild" and "On The Mend." I'm not competing or planning on competing, but they were both helpful in getting me to refocus my efforts. I've been having a hard time sticking with the gym because of life situations. I've had trouble keeping up my diet and getting my routine optimized for my goals. When I wasn't seeing my 1.5 mile time drop, or bloat from excess carbs, it was hard. Your articles remind me that I have come too far to stop and too many people depend on me accomplishing my goals.

My question is semi-related. How do you stay focused when you start missing your kids? I work 12.5 hour shifts and my kid is in preschool. So, gym time often means not seeing her awake for 36 or 48 hours at a time. How do you push through your workouts when thinking about your kids?

dannynb
11-15-12, 11:03 pm
Well I follow ya more on FB then here, just checking in and seeing how the family is doing. I hope you're getting some well deserved rest and time with them. Awesome job at the show, you looked the best I have ever seen you yet brother.

The House
11-18-12, 9:12 am
I read your articles "Refocus and Rebuild" and "On The Mend." I'm not competing or planning on competing, but they were both helpful in getting me to refocus my efforts. I've been having a hard time sticking with the gym because of life situations. I've had trouble keeping up my diet and getting my routine optimized for my goals. When I wasn't seeing my 1.5 mile time drop, or bloat from excess carbs, it was hard. Your articles remind me that I have come too far to stop and too many people depend on me accomplishing my goals.

My question is semi-related. How do you stay focused when you start missing your kids? I work 12.5 hour shifts and my kid is in preschool. So, gym time often means not seeing her awake for 36 or 48 hours at a time. How do you push through your workouts when thinking about your kids?
Ever situation is different I also work long hrs but I always find time to see them I wake up early and goto bed late. So I can see my fam. There are many days I did cardio at 3am then trained at 6 am just so I could see my kids. On days I am off I still wake early and get most of my training done before anyone is even awake at my house. But to answer your question I stay motivated because I do it to help support them. So if I don't do it I am taking away from them more than if I do it. One of the things that motivates me the most is I can't wait to place well at at show just so I can give my kids my medals. My son thinks its awesome because I give them to him and the last few shows I come home empty handed I feel bad telling him I did not get any.. This last show was in UK and he did not go he stayed home and when we got home he said dad is ok I know u got 7th next time u will get a big check lol

The House
11-18-12, 9:28 am
Well I follow ya more on FB then here, just checking in and seeing how the family is doing. I hope you're getting some well deserved rest and time with them. Awesome job at the show, you looked the best I have ever seen you yet brother.

Everything is going great bro thanks for asking .. What's up with u next any shows or events ..

steveflex
12-03-12, 11:09 pm
whats your post workout routine for offseason? shake,eaa, quick insulin spike? seems to me their is so many different ways ... what do u find the best?

The House
12-09-12, 3:24 pm
whats your post workout routine for offseason? shake,eaa, quick insulin spike? seems to me their is so many different ways ... what do u find the best?

shake and fast acting carb

dannynb
12-13-12, 8:55 pm
Everything is going great bro thanks for asking .. What's up with u next any shows or events ..

Hoping to make it to the Arnold this year, but skeptical as money is still an issue. As for shows, I'm hoping to do the Branch Warren in July but we will see. I'm stuck at 270 trying to fill out more on my chest and arms. If given the green light I'll compete, if we feel like I need to grow more I will sit one more year out. So any ideas on what show will be next for you or just enjoying some much deserved down time?

The House
12-16-12, 12:37 pm
Hoping to make it to the Arnold this year, but skeptical as money is still an issue. As for shows, I'm hoping to do the Branch Warren in July but we will see. I'm stuck at 270 trying to fill out more on my chest and arms. If given the green light I'll compete, if we feel like I need to grow more I will sit one more year out. So any ideas on what show will be next for you or just enjoying some much deserved down time?

No ideas yet, but yes I will compete next season just don't know which one.... Hope to see u at Arnold if all goes as planned mate.

The House
12-16-12, 12:38 pm
Offseason starts in about 2 weeks can't wait to get it started good things this year good things

The House
12-16-12, 12:39 pm
Is anyone planning on competing in Arnold armature this year that's on the forum

The House
01-06-13, 6:22 pm
i guess no one is planning on doing it lol

The House
01-06-13, 6:22 pm
the bigg real offseason has started cant wait till i see some gains

The House
01-06-13, 6:23 pm
still waiting to see what show to do this year cant wait...

The House
01-06-13, 6:48 pm
230-235 is goign tot be my goal contest weight this season

Andy De Anda
01-06-13, 11:15 pm
hey man hows it going? i wanted to know if it was better to train arms together or triceps with shoulders and chest with bis?

The House
01-20-13, 8:23 pm
hey man hows it going? i wanted to know if it was better to train arms together or triceps with shoulders and chest with bis?

i do it diferent ways but my arm respond best to training tri and bi together

The House
01-20-13, 8:24 pm
how many of ya going to the arnold

MikeNice
01-24-13, 12:15 pm
We're building a new house. So, the Arnold is not financially possible this year. I was hoping to hit the cage and see some cool power lifting demos. Like they say in football, there is always next year.

Have you decided which shows you're shooting for this year?

RedlegDbell
01-29-13, 12:27 am
how many of ya going to the arnold

All weekend Erik! As always, it feels like Christmas in March!

The House
02-03-13, 7:39 pm
We're building a new house. So, the Arnold is not financially possible this year. I was hoping to hit the cage and see some cool power lifting demos. Like they say in football, there is always next year.

Have you decided which shows you're shooting for this year?

no i have no idea yet this year on what i am going to do... yep always next year when it comes to the arnold see ya then

The House
02-03-13, 7:39 pm
All weekend Erik! As always, it feels like Christmas in March!

christmas in march cant beat that.....

The House
02-03-13, 7:40 pm
i have been doing the arnold for many years hope to enjoy it for many more...

The House
02-03-13, 7:41 pm
trying to figure many things out this year in life it will all work out it always does...

MikeNice
02-05-13, 2:28 pm
That is what life is all about man. We must constantly seek growth and believe our knowledge can lead to wisdom and guidance. I hope you find the answers you need this year.

The House
02-10-13, 8:18 pm
That is what life is all about man. We must constantly seek growth and believe our knowledge can lead to wisdom and guidance. I hope you find the answers you need this year.

thanks i hope i will or the answer will find me...

kcburrows
02-12-13, 12:50 pm
Hey house...hope all is well brother...cant wait to see you in Akron, and at the Arnold! I had a question about back and shoulders. Im trying to get a lot wider and reallt accentuate my v-taper. my first question is it possible to do too many DB side laterals. I usually start my shoulder day with them, then do presses, then 1 arm side raises then finish off with 2 sets of sides raises after some front and rear delt work. would that be too much? my second question is my school is really old school and its pretty much all free weights dbs, and bb's. only machine we use that we have really for back is pulldown machine. I've really been foucsing on squeezing and my lifts have gone up in weight but i dont see the growth and width in my back...any suggestions? thanks a bunch house!

Lunatic001
02-13-13, 3:04 pm
House,

Just dropping a line hoping all is well.....

The House
02-17-13, 8:29 pm
Hey house...hope all is well brother...cant wait to see you in Akron, and at the Arnold! I had a question about back and shoulders. Im trying to get a lot wider and reallt accentuate my v-taper. my first question is it possible to do too many DB side laterals. I usually start my shoulder day with them, then do presses, then 1 arm side raises then finish off with 2 sets of sides raises after some front and rear delt work. would that be too much? my second question is my school is really old school and its pretty much all free weights dbs, and bb's. only machine we use that we have really for back is pulldown machine. I've really been foucsing on squeezing and my lifts have gone up in weight but i dont see the growth and width in my back...any suggestions? thanks a bunch house!

no its great to do the side raises mate i do about 9 sets of side raises on shoulder day.... do you do deadlifts if not add them it will help the back grow also make sure your diet is good if not you will not grow

The House
02-17-13, 8:31 pm
House,

Just dropping a line hoping all is well.....

its all good mate.. i was thinking about you last week with all that crazy stuff going down in cal

The House
02-17-13, 8:49 pm
cant wait to see everyone at the arnold

The House
02-17-13, 8:50 pm
so who is going to the cage and the abc

Lunatic001
02-18-13, 3:12 am
its all good mate.. i was thinking about you last week with all that crazy stuff going down in cal

Thanks man....it got a bit crazy but if you only knew....take care big man....

Vilko
02-22-13, 11:50 pm
Hey House, I live in the Wheeling area and was wondering where you do most of your grocery shopping. It seems like prices for meat around here keep on getting higher, just wondering where I can find some good, cheap meat.

dannynb
02-27-13, 10:42 am
Not making it to the Arnold, the gym and clients are just running me ragged. I am however getting ready for the Ronnie Coleman classic...we'll see how it goes. Safe travels this weekend my friend.

Flash419
02-27-13, 2:24 pm
so who is going to the cage and the abc

I'm in!

rebelpoet
02-28-13, 3:43 am
Hey House,

I was curious would you be willing to critique my routine? I'm currently bulking (I'm in your "Get Housed" stack promo), and I designed a 4 day split (chest/tris, back/traps, legs, shoulders/bi, abs twice a week, cardio limited mostly to warm-up cardio and swimming or sex a few times per week) that centers around hypertrophy. I have noticed some good gains, I've gained close to 4lbs in the four weeks since I started.

So, would you be willing to give me thoughts, recommendations, etc.?

Blondie Weapon X
03-14-13, 9:33 am
Hey House,

I was curious would you be willing to critique my routine? I'm currently bulking (I'm in your "Get Housed" stack promo), and I designed a 4 day split (chest/tris, back/traps, legs, shoulders/bi, abs twice a week, cardio limited mostly to warm-up cardio and swimming or sex a few times per week) that centers around hypertrophy. I have noticed some good gains, I've gained close to 4lbs in the four weeks since I started.

My 2 cents..you've gained 4#'s appears that you are doing something right !! If its working Why change it?

rebelpoet
03-14-13, 1:57 pm
My 2 cents..you've gained 4#'s appears that you are doing something right !! If its working Why change it?

Thanks, and now I'm on my seventh week and was 156 as of the other day (so up 8 lbs!) and I was 159 in my workout! (due to glycogen retention/water).

rebelpoet
03-14-13, 1:57 pm
Thanks, and now I'm on my seventh week and was 156 as of the other day (so up 8 lbs!) and I was 159 in my workout! (due to glycogen retention/water).

I have tweaked some moves and changed the order of some stuff. I just always like new ideas.

T.Espo88
03-15-13, 9:28 am
Ask away my Animal brothers..... If you got some questions, the Dr. House is here to give you a straight up answer. No beatin around the bush.... just straight shootin here...

Remember "You are your maker"

Remember "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
Aristotle

kcburrows
03-19-13, 12:29 pm
Hey house, had a question about pre bedtime supps. I know you used to do n1-t and ZMA pro together, i'm not sure if u still do or not, but my question is which would you recommend more n1-t or GH stack with the ZMA's?

Chivalry
04-20-13, 4:21 pm
Don't have a question, just wanted to say congrats on the cover of Flex Magazine. Sick picture. Loved the article that they had in there of you. Much respect.

MikeNice
04-21-13, 11:16 pm
It was cool to see you on Flex. I know you had an article the month before (my first issue) but the cover is huge. Nice to see you getting the spotlight. Motivation for the rest of us working stiffs.

You deserve it man.

The House
04-22-13, 6:47 am
Thanks man....it got a bit crazy but if you only knew....take care big man....

Seems to be getting crazy everywhere

The House
04-22-13, 6:49 am
Hey House, I live in the Wheeling area and was wondering where you do most of your grocery shopping. It seems like prices for meat around here keep on getting higher, just wondering where I can find some good, cheap meat.

I go to sams club, Kroger, Walmart, sometimes fish market

The House
04-22-13, 6:51 am
Not making it to the Arnold, the gym and clients are just running me ragged. I am however getting ready for the Ronnie Coleman classic...we'll see how it goes. Safe travels this weekend my friend.

How's it going now mate

The House
04-22-13, 6:52 am
Hey House,

How is everything going with the bulk

The House
04-22-13, 6:53 am

I always like the way u think :)

The House
04-22-13, 6:54 am
I have tweaked some moves and changed the order of some stuff. I just always like new ideas.

Yes change is always good

The House
04-22-13, 6:55 am
Remember "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
Aristotle

I agree

The House
04-22-13, 6:56 am
Hey house, had a question about pre bedtime supps. I know you used to do n1-t and ZMA pro together, i'm not sure if u still do or not, but my question is which would you recommend more n1-t or GH stack with the ZMA's?

I do animal pm now but yes zma and the stack works great

The House
04-22-13, 6:57 am
Don't have a question, just wanted to say congrats on the cover of Flex Magazine. Sick picture. Loved the article that they had in there of you. Much respect.

Thanks I was very excite to get a cover

The House
04-22-13, 6:59 am
It was cool to see you on Flex. I know you had an article the month before (my first issue) but the cover is huge. Nice to see you getting the spotlight. Motivation for the rest of us working stiffs.

You deserve it man.

Thanks we all need some motivation. It was a goal of mine to get a cover of flex so I am proud .

BB-FLEXPRO
04-22-13, 7:05 am
Hey House!

How are things going for you? Are you still a proponent of the big heavy Bulk for Intermidiates who want to build some serious mass? I wanna do a Bulk soon and i have written so much from people who advised to do a surplus of "500 clean calories" and other shit like that...I´m 5´7/170 lbs.
What´s your opinion?

Thanks big man!

Peace FLEX

dannynb
04-22-13, 9:28 pm
How's it going now mate

A lot has changed brother. I was gonna do the Ronnie, everything coming together nicely.......and we discovered we're pregnant!!! So I decided to opt out of the show and focus on momma... we are so excited, 4th kid total but our first one together. Also excited for your Flex cover!!! Huge congrats!!! Always happy to see you get the recognition you deserve. As always an inspiration for me seeing you balance it all out and achieve success in it all. Gives me hope still.... I now have my eyes set on stepping foot on stage early next year, but with the baby coming we will see.

The House
05-13-13, 6:51 am
Hey House!

How are things going for you? Are you still a proponent of the big heavy Bulk for Intermidiates who want to build some serious mass? I wanna do a Bulk soon and i have written so much from people who advised to do a surplus of "500 clean calories" and other shit like that...I´m 5´7/170 lbs.
What´s your opinion?

Thanks big man!

Peace FLEX

Back in the day I would eat whatever I wanted to bulk and it worked great but now I do a clean bulk just because it makes it easier to diet down for contests.

The House
05-13-13, 6:53 am
A lot has changed brother. I was gonna do the Ronnie, everything coming together nicely.......and we discovered we're pregnant!!! So I decided to opt out of the show and focus on momma... we are so excited, 4th kid total but our first one together. Also excited for your Flex cover!!! Huge congrats!!! Always happy to see you get the recognition you deserve. As always an inspiration for me seeing you balance it all out and achieve success in it all. Gives me hope still.... I now have my eyes set on stepping foot on stage early next year, but with the baby coming we will see.

I agree the stage can wait. Congrats on the news that's awesome. Kids are great I love being a dad.

Lone Wolf
05-13-13, 8:44 pm
Just Pm'd you House; hoping you can help me out.

SammyG
05-19-13, 5:17 pm
I am 5'9 124 lbs. and am trying to put on some lean muscle. I played varsity football in highschool so I have been lifting for four years. I had a quick training question and diet question. When lifting is it better to superset your excersices with out any rest or take like a 40-60 second break? My diet question is how many calories above maintenance should you eat? Currently I am averaging 250 carb, 220 protein, and 60 fat.
Thanks

The House
05-27-13, 7:29 am
Just Pm'd you House; hoping you can help me out.

What's up buddy hit me up

The House
05-27-13, 7:32 am
I am 5'9 124 lbs. and am trying to put on some lean muscle. I played varsity football in highschool so I have been lifting for four years. I had a quick training question and diet question. When lifting is it better to superset your excersices with out any rest or take like a 40-60 second break? My diet question is how many calories above maintenance should you eat? Currently I am averaging 250 carb, 220 protein, and 60 fat.
Thanks

Take it up 500 and go from there. I say rest if u are going for size. Super sets are good but don't do them all the time

The House
05-27-13, 7:34 am
Does anyone here do any functional training

B.C.
05-27-13, 8:33 am
What exactly do you mean by functional training House? I love to do weighted carries, both balanced and unbalanced, but the unbalanced ones are much harder. Waiter's carries, suitcase carries, farmer's carries. Put a heavy ass KB in one hand (either overhead or to the side) and walk, trying to keep your torso perfectly straight. You will be huffing, puffing, and sweating your ass off in no time. Works great for strengthening stabilizers, increasing muscular endurance, and if you start earlier they will make you much less prone to injury. I wish I would have started doing them a long time ago.

iamthemacattack
06-07-13, 6:00 am
House,

Not sure if there is any place on this forum to dicuss PEDs?

However you are a family man and therefore you might be the best person to ask.

I am contemplating starting at some point next year and you hear all the stories about the rage etc, and how you can totally change as a person when you are taking them bla bla

Just wondering what you take on it all is. The thing I care about more than anything is my family and don't want to jeopodise that for anything. Can PEDs really change you that much?

Is there any way to cope, or is it just a case of if you are changing personality wise then stop taking them? Before I start I want to know everything I can.

Thanks for your time bro

Ian

Calfman
06-07-13, 3:11 pm
Does anyone here do any functional training

Sir prior to having a colectomy/J-Pouch created I would do weighted rucksack runs with 1 45 or 2 45 plates in the backpack for several miles. I had bodies do gas mask on treadmill sprints really helps your body build its oxygen intake better. We would do weighted pushups (puts plates on your back) etc. Not sure if that is what you meant but thats what we did at austere locations when a gym wasnt available. I know we used to do a lot of that in military fitness training....now its more of the run and sit up type of stuff....its sorta sad these days.

The House
06-24-13, 8:07 am
What exactly do you mean by functional training House? I love to do weighted carries, both balanced and unbalanced, but the unbalanced ones are much harder. Waiter's carries, suitcase carries, farmer's carries. Put a heavy ass KB in one hand (either overhead or to the side) and walk, trying to keep your torso perfectly straight. You will be huffing, puffing, and sweating your ass off in no time. Works great for strengthening stabilizers, increasing muscular endurance, and if you start earlier they will make you much less prone to injury. I wish I would have started doing them a long time ago.

Sounds good I am looking to adding some to my training thanks

The House
06-24-13, 8:15 am
Sir prior to having a colectomy/J-Pouch created I would do weighted rucksack runs with 1 45 or 2 45 plates in the backpack for several miles. I had bodies do gas mask on treadmill sprints really helps your body build its oxygen intake better. We would do weighted pushups (puts plates on your back) etc. Not sure if that is what you meant but thats what we did at austere locations when a gym wasnt available. I know we used to do a lot of that in military fitness training....now its more of the run and sit up type of stuff....its sorta sad these days.

The military training is tough I got some friends that have took me on some military training it was fun

The House
06-24-13, 8:16 am
Started doing hit cardio never really did it before but I like it.

The House
06-24-13, 8:19 am
Also started doing k bell training that stuff is no joke

Madcat
06-24-13, 10:15 am
Started doing hit cardio never really did it before but I like it.

Honestly, this has been the best results for dropping fat for me. I wish I had tried it earlier and stuck to it more often. I like to do HIIT on non weight days or seperate from weights, and just straight cardio if Im doing weights/cardio together.

Definitely a good way to mix it up.

jalez
06-25-13, 1:40 pm
House,

Background:
I've mostly done low-rep sets across up until now. I've had lackluster gains in strength, even worse gains in hypertrophy, and end up having to spend about as much time cutting as I did bulking with nothing to show for it. Hoping to fix that next bulk.

I've spent a few hours reading through this thread, and have a couple questions. Hopefully they haven't been asked too many times before, I'm still less than halfway through the thread...

Questions:
You mention 15, 12, 10, 8 and 4x8-12 a lot.

1) Are the weights increasing every set? Staying the same? Decreasing?

2) Are all/any of these sets taken to failure?

Thank you,
Jalez

Joe J
07-11-13, 5:19 am
Also started doing k bell training that stuff is no joke

What movements do you do for your kettlebell training and how do you include it into your weekly split?

Mr_Apollo
07-16-13, 4:54 am
Me and a mate used heavey KB swings as assitance work when doing a westside templet. We did them on max dead and squat days if memory serves me right. Can recommend it!

Now to mr Diesel, got any good tips on beard growing and grooming?

Mr_Apollo
07-16-13, 5:00 am
Sorry house I forgot that I switched rooms before going to the gym!

I do have a question for you aswell. What do you feel is the best way to add mass to the hamstrings on a tall legg?

solomon_caine
09-12-13, 2:27 pm
House,

Caine here..

Was cutting more of a task when you were trying to get in-season shape? I kind of imagine how hard it is for pro's like you and Ox to be cutting down and yet, maintaining that thick amount of muscle.

Also, is cardio as effective as taking Animal Cuts?

Thanks!

Dukemineralz
01-01-14, 3:05 pm
Can't wait to see some new stuff from you this year. Keep that fire alive for another strong year.

Rex
01-15-14, 7:34 pm
House,

I´ve always been a die hard believer in barbell squatting for leg development. I do at least 10 working sets of squats in each of my 2 weekly leg training sessions...

Here´s the problem: I hurt my knee (stumbling down a flight of steps...) and now the squats are painful to execute.
I can do every other exercise without any problem whatsoever though.

Do you think I can still make improvements in my quads without free weight squats?

Might it even be beneficial for new gains to cycle them out for a while?

If yes, can you please give me a grueling-guaranteed-gains quad routine of yours that doesn´t involve squats?

Thank you very much!

Flash419
06-17-14, 3:26 pm
I'm guessing House is no longer with Animal????

His absence was noticeable at the Cage... :-(

N. Motta
06-17-14, 3:39 pm
I was told he's taking a bit of a hiatus from competition and workin in the coal mines of West Virginia

CammaRHINO
01-26-16, 12:59 pm
What was it about the Brand... The Brotherhood... That you just couldn't stay away? What made you want to be a part of it again?

C.Coronato
01-26-16, 1:01 pm
Whats it like being in the coal mines for so long? Much different than a PT, i'd image!

G Diesel
01-26-16, 2:11 pm
Good to have you back, my brother.

Peace, G

Kowboy
01-26-16, 4:17 pm
Welcome back House

The House
02-04-16, 12:16 pm
What was it about the Brand... The Brotherhood... That you just couldn't stay away? What made you want to be a part of it again?

Thanks I would say it was the lifestyle, and animal brotherhood. I have lived the animal lifestyle and Ever since I been gone it has been killing me not to live it. Also the brotherhood and bond I have had with so many other animal brothers over the years can't be replaced only reunited.

The House
02-04-16, 12:38 pm
Whats it like being in the coal mines for so long? Much different than a PT, i'd image!

The coal mine is very different compared to my older jobs as a trainer/ exercise physiologist. One of the biggest differences are the dangers. Being in a mine you must always be aware of everything around you. When you have 1000 feet of earth above your head pushing down on you its no joke. It's crazy if all the machines are off and and you are walking around you can hear the roof, ribs(walls), and ground making noises like they are going to crack and come in on you. One think I like about this job is getting to operate all the machines underground. Getting to run machines that are so powerful is something I never knew before. All in all I enjoy my job underground we are a brotherhood also a team and everyone has everyone back.

The House
02-04-16, 12:39 pm
Good to have you back, my brother.

Peace, G

Thanks is good to be back

The House
02-04-16, 12:39 pm
Welcome back House

Thanks

dannynb
02-04-16, 12:54 pm
Welcome home...

The House
02-04-16, 1:00 pm
Welcome home...

Thanks buddy.

RedlegDbell
02-04-16, 1:42 pm
Glad you're back House!

The House
02-04-16, 2:41 pm
Glad you're back House!

Thanks, it's been to long

Kowboy
02-04-16, 2:53 pm
Thanks

I will have to pop by the cage and chat for a minute man.

The House
02-08-16, 9:30 pm
I will have to pop by the cage and chat for a minute man.

You better be at the cage, but don't think I am making the trip this year bud. Let me know if u get any abc events anytime soon.

TheBeatProphet
02-10-16, 6:07 am
Erik, It's so good to see you back on the Animal team. Just this past month I went back and watched your video log series as I was having some issues with diet and could recall you overcoming similar challenges during your prep.

The House
02-10-16, 8:00 pm
Erik, It's so good to see you back on the Animal team. Just this past month I went back and watched your video log series as I was having some issues with diet and could recall you overcoming similar challenges during your prep.

Thanks bud, hope they helped out. What issues did you overcome bud if u don't mind me asking

TheBeatProphet
02-11-16, 5:50 am
Thanks bud, hope they helped out. What issues did you overcome bud if u don't mind me asking

I was having a hard time feeling very flat with the low carbs and as a result losing strength and I think some muscle during training, I recalled in your vlog how low you cycled carbs and that considering your size was impressive so I went back to the video log just to get insight into how you cycled carbs & fats , and how you brought things back when you felt your body was telling you, you need them.

It also helped motivate me as you were able to achieve what you did with your workload, like in your videos I also have to wake up really early to get meals and training done and work till late at night so I guys all in all it just helps inspire us to push on.

I am also prepping for this show with a new born baby in the house which makes it even more fun lol.

If you don't mind would you please give me some feedback on my diet.

I just added more carbs back in as I leaned out sooner than I thought, I am 10 weeks out, I plan to keep it like this and then start cutting back on them carbs again at 5 weeks out

I am in light weight division, doing 30 min cardio 5 days a week in the evening

meal time meal pro carb fat

1 05:00 pre workout + 1 srv whey + 30gr puffed rice 23 30 3
Training
2 07:20 post workout 40gr energade + 1,5 srv whey 35 47 3
3 08:30 2 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + 100gr oats 44 57 18
4 11:00 150 gr tuna + 1cup rice + green veggies 38 40 2
5 14:00 150gr chicken + cup rice + green veggies 35 40 4
6 16:00 6 egg whites + 70grm oats + 1tb peanut but 26 40 16
7 19:30 200 gr lean mince + salad or green veggies 45 15 20
8 22:00 1srv whey or 6 egg whites 23 2 3

Totals 269 274 69

Total cal 2793

The House
02-14-16, 7:43 pm
I was having a hard time feeling very flat with the low carbs and as a result losing strength and I think some muscle during training, I recalled in your vlog how low you cycled carbs and that considering your size was impressive so I went back to the video log just to get insight into how you cycled carbs & fats , and how you brought things back when you felt your body was telling you, you need them.

It also helped motivate me as you were able to achieve what you did with your workload, like in your videos I also have to wake up really early to get meals and training done and work till late at night so I guys all in all it just helps inspire us to push on.

I am also prepping for this show with a new born baby in the house which makes it even more fun lol.

If you don't mind would you please give me some feedback on my diet.

I just added more carbs back in as I leaned out sooner than I thought, I am 10 weeks out, I plan to keep it like this and then start cutting back on them carbs again at 5 weeks out

I am in light weight division, doing 30 min cardio 5 days a week in the evening

meal time meal pro carb fat

1 05:00 pre workout + 1 srv whey + 30gr puffed rice 23 30 3
Training
2 07:20 post workout 40gr energade + 1,5 srv whey 35 47 3
3 08:30 2 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + 100gr oats 44 57 18
4 11:00 150 gr tuna + 1cup rice + green veggies 38 40 2
5 14:00 150gr chicken + cup rice + green veggies 35 40 4
6 16:00 6 egg whites + 70grm oats + 1tb peanut but 26 40 16
7 19:30 200 gr lean mince + salad or green veggies 45 15 20
8 22:00 1srv whey or 6 egg whites 23 2 3

Totals 269 274 69

Total cal 2793
looks good bud i always liked to get my beef in earlier in the day. i always found it worked best for me second meal after training. but whatever works best for you schedule. do you take any bacc or eaa they always helped me feel fuller in size. another way is to eat all whole eggs if you are feeling flat. what is your weight.

TheBeatProphet
02-15-16, 1:29 am
looks good bud i always liked to get my beef in earlier in the day. i always found it worked best for me second meal after training. but whatever works best for you schedule. do you take any bacc or eaa they always helped me feel fuller in size. another way is to eat all whole eggs if you are feeling flat. what is your weight.

Thanks for the reply, the idea with having beef as last meal is as its a slower releasing protein it last me through the night, but will also try what you are saying as I am sure it could be really beneficial aiding in that post workout recovery.

My preworkout has 5gr bcaa, besides that I have not added any extra,

Weight is 70kg, I am doing the light weight lineup, but am happy with the overall package I am bringing. I just need to maintain my size & lean mass as I drop the last body fat.

since I added more carbs back into my diet I am feeling much better & fuller.

CammaRHINO
02-15-16, 10:27 am
Thanks I would say it was the lifestyle, and animal brotherhood. I have lived the animal lifestyle and Ever since I been gone it has been killing me not to live it. Also the brotherhood and bond I have had with so many other animal brothers over the years can't be replaced only reunited.

Bro when i first got stuck on the brand it was just as you were writing about the last prep you did through here. When you left i couldn't do anything but respect you more just as a Man because it was for the most honorable of all reasons. To make sure your family was good to go with no worries. A lot of guys i don't think would have made that call. At least at the point in your career you were at. And nevermind that you weren't exactly going to a cushy 9 to 5 in a cubicle. You were going in on some hard nosed blue collar hero stuff. That made it all the more stand up.

It's guys like you who helped make this brand what it is. Made it like nothing else one of those "if i had to explain it to you you wouldn't understand" type brotherhoods. I'm pumped as hell your back and happy that things are going well for you. I'm sure I'll get a chance to shake you hand soon bruh. Until then keep showing us that you really can have it all if you want it bad enough.

BigAnt
02-15-16, 7:44 pm
Glad to see you back...I was - still impresed how you balanced work-family life and bodybuilding. I am sure at times it can get difficult!

TheBeatProphet
02-17-16, 7:01 am
I remember during your logs on previous contest prep how limited your sleep was, especially as you get closer to the show, did you not find this impacted your recovery & training.

How did you deal with it? tons op Animal cuts, pump & rage ? lol

The House
02-17-16, 8:06 pm
Thanks for the reply, the idea with having beef as last meal is as its a slower releasing protein it last me through the night, but will also try what you are saying as I am sure it could be really beneficial aiding in that post workout recovery.

My preworkout has 5gr bcaa, besides that I have not added any extra,

Weight is 70kg, I am doing the light weight lineup, but am happy with the overall package I am bringing. I just need to maintain my size & lean mass as I drop the last body fat.

since I added more carbs back into my diet I am feeling much better & fuller.

Carbs can work wonders. Glad u are doing well. Everyday get better bud

The House
02-17-16, 8:12 pm
Bro when i first got stuck on the brand it was just as you were writing about the last prep you did through here. When you left i couldn't do anything but respect you more just as a Man because it was for the most honorable of all reasons. To make sure your family was good to go with no worries. A lot of guys i don't think would have made that call. At least at the point in your career you were at. And nevermind that you weren't exactly going to a cushy 9 to 5 in a cubicle. You were going in on some hard nosed blue collar hero stuff. That made it all the more stand up.

It's guys like you who helped make this brand what it is. Made it like nothing else one of those "if i had to explain it to you you wouldn't understand" type brotherhoods. I'm pumped as hell your back and happy that things are going well for you. I'm sure I'll get a chance to shake you hand soon bruh. Until then keep showing us that you really can have it all if you want it bad enough.

Thanks, I always believe in taking care of business first. I am glad that you understand y many don't understand. I never did it to selfish, I did it to provide. I have been doing my best at coming back.

The House
02-17-16, 8:13 pm
Glad to see you back...I was - still impresed how you balanced work-family life and bodybuilding. I am sure at times it can get difficult!

Yes buddy, balance is key in life. Glad to hear from you. It's been to long

The House
02-17-16, 8:17 pm
I remember during your logs on previous contest prep how limited your sleep was, especially as you get closer to the show, did you not find this impacted your recovery & training.

How did you deal with it? tons op Animal cuts, pump & rage ? lol

Yes sleep is needed in proper recovery. I my not have been at 100% of what I needed but I was at 100% of what I could get. It's all about making the best out of what u got

BamBam
02-18-16, 10:47 am
Love ya big man. Glad you're home again. Hope all is well with the fam!

BB-

The House
02-18-16, 9:33 pm
Love ya big man. Glad you're home again. Hope all is well with the fam!

BB-

Thanks, glad to be home. Everything is good how about yA.

BamBam
02-18-16, 10:44 pm
Thanks, glad to be home. Everything is good how about yA.

Life's going good. Being a dad 1st, working, and training. Glad all is well in House's house.

The House
02-19-16, 3:57 pm
Life's going good. Being a dad 1st, working, and training. Glad all is well in House's house.

Yes alway be home strong first. The weights will follow suit and so will life.

TheBeatProphet
02-22-16, 2:17 am
Hey Erik, hope you had a great weekend. Rest Family & lifting!

Would you mind giving me an example of how you approach carb cycle during contest prep

I am 8 weeks out, happy with my progress but now its time to grind and squeeze off the last fat.

just wondering

1. how far out from the show do you start carb cycling
2. how many low and high days do you have. like 2 low 1 high repeat?
3. I am currently thinking of doing low 5 days high 2 days-

The low days will cut 1 carb meal every 2 weeks

so (week 8 - 6) 5 carb meals
(week 6 -4 ) 4 carb meals
(Week 4 - 2) 3 carb meals
( week 2 - 1) 2 carb meals
Week 1 peak week

High carb days will go back to my standard carb intake of 6 carb meals this will be chest and leg day which are sat and sunday

Monday repeat 5 day low carb cycle.

Thanks Champ. would appreciate any feedback

The House
02-22-16, 8:24 pm
Hey Erik, hope you had a great weekend. Rest Family & lifting!

Would you mind giving me an example of how you approach carb cycle during contest prep

I am 8 weeks out, happy with my progress but now its time to grind and squeeze off the last fat.

just wondering

1. how far out from the show do you start carb cycling
2. how many low and high days do you have. like 2 low 1 high repeat?
3. I am currently thinking of doing low 5 days high 2 days-

The low days will cut 1 carb meal every 2 weeks

so (week 8 - 6) 5 carb meals
(week 6 -4 ) 4 carb meals
(Week 4 - 2) 3 carb meals
( week 2 - 1) 2 carb meals
Week 1 peak week

High carb days will go back to my standard carb intake of 6 carb meals this will be chest and leg day which are sat and sunday

Monday repeat 5 day low carb cycle.

Thanks Champ. would appreciate any feedback
I always started carb cycling around 8-10 weeks out just depending my the shape I was in. I cycled carbs many ways but the most common way I did it was 2 low 1 high 3 low 1 high. I always started out by eliminating one carb meal on low days then depending how I looked the next week continue or cut another carb meal the next week. Lots of the times I was at 30g per day on low days towards the end just depending how lean I was.

BamBam
02-23-16, 8:44 am
Yes alway be home strong first. The weights will follow suit and so will life.

Amen man thank you

The House
02-29-16, 9:16 pm
Amen man thank you

How it going bud

The House
02-29-16, 9:17 pm
Got a word for the weights they better Watch out I am coming for them in the morning

TheBeatProphet
03-01-16, 4:45 am
House? how is the journey coming along? how are you enjoying the process and whats your strategy?

I know when I came back to the gym to make a comeback after a few years off the way I kept myself motivated was by enjoying the process, enjoying the way my body and muscle memory took charge and started developing at a rapid pace as it already knew what to do.

We gota love the journey and the process.

The House
03-11-16, 5:22 pm
House? how is the journey coming along? how are you enjoying the process and whats your strategy?

I know when I came back to the gym to make a comeback after a few years off the way I kept myself motivated was by enjoying the process, enjoying the way my body and muscle memory took charge and started developing at a rapid pace as it already knew what to do.

We gota love the journey and the process.

It's going slow and steady. I am not in a rush. Yes I enjoy the process of just being back at it. My muscles must be dumb they lost their memory haha

The House
03-11-16, 5:25 pm
New video thanks guys
http://youtu.be/EUkb9T3BxGA

TheBeatProphet
03-15-16, 7:00 am
Erik, was watching your video log during your olympia prep again and just had a question regarding pre & post carbs from around 4 to 5 weeks out

You were cycling carbs and your low carb days were like 27 carbs, dd you have any pre & post workout carbs?

If so what did you have

I train first thing in the morning, I feel I am a bit behind but I am worried if I have 0 pre or post workout carbs that I will go too flat & drop muscle

how did you handle this?

at the moment I have 25gr of carbs from rice before workout, 40 gr. of high GI carb drip dirently post and then 1/2 cup oats with my breakfast egg whites

The House
03-27-16, 7:58 pm
Erik, was watching your video log during your olympia prep again and just had a question regarding pre & post carbs from around 4 to 5 weeks out

You were cycling carbs and your low carb days were like 27 carbs, dd you have any pre & post workout carbs?

If so what did you have

I train first thing in the morning, I feel I am a bit behind but I am worried if I have 0 pre or post workout carbs that I will go too flat & drop muscle

how did you handle this?

at the moment I have 25gr of carbs from rice before workout, 40 gr. of high GI carb drip dirently post and then 1/2 cup oats with my breakfast egg whites
If I was not lean enough I did go zero before or and after bud. Just depending on how I looked.if I started to feel flat then I would add some back after a few days then take them back away

The House
05-31-16, 11:01 am
Someone hit me with a few questions I don't want to talk to myself

MRmichael.hooker
05-31-16, 11:03 am
What's been the hardest thing about getting back into the grind again? I know if I take some time off, getting up early to meal prep can be challenging

Kowboy
05-31-16, 12:20 pm
What do you feel are the best exercises to get shoulders bigger?

dannynb
06-11-16, 5:37 pm
With your crazy schedule, what steps are you taking to getting your meals in. I know there are times you can't just stop what you're doing and throw back a meal. Also, seeing as you are focusing on adding back on the mass, how relaxed is your diet? As for training and working long hours, anything you're doing to keep your energy up, joints from hurting etc?? I know when my hours are long and I begin pushing weight my joints flare up on me.

The House
06-28-16, 11:41 am
What's been the hardest thing about getting back into the grind again? I know if I take some time off, getting up early to meal prep can be challenging

The meal prep is the hardest for me hands down

The House
06-28-16, 11:41 am
What do you feel are the best exercises to get shoulders bigger?

I prefer seated shoulder press or side raises

The House
06-28-16, 11:43 am
With your crazy schedule, what steps are you taking to getting your meals in. I know there are times you can't just stop what you're doing and throw back a meal. Also, seeing as you are focusing on adding back on the mass, how relaxed is your diet? As for training and working long hours, anything you're doing to keep your energy up, joints from hurting etc?? I know when my hours are long and I begin pushing weight my joints flare up on me.

My diet is very relaxed I don't stress about it but I try to stick to it. The prep of the food gets to me sometimes but if I don't have food made I just eat as clean as I can. Biggest thing for me is to just make sure I am eating

The House
07-31-16, 7:56 pm
Hit my goal 280 that's right

The House
07-31-16, 7:57 pm
Going to cut down slow and see what I still got and if I still got it

The House
08-31-16, 12:06 pm
Down to 265 looking better

The House
08-31-16, 12:12 pm
Get it in there back today

John B
09-14-16, 6:52 pm
Glad to see you back House. Seeing and hearing from someone like you with family obligations and work, while maintaining good eating habits and working out regularly is a real inspiration for the everyday Joe. Any videos on the horizon? Enjoyed your previous ones.

The House
10-31-16, 4:24 pm
Glad to see you back House. Seeing and hearing from someone like you with family obligations and work, while maintaining good eating habits and working out regularly is a real inspiration for the everyday Joe. Any videos on the horizon? Enjoyed your previous ones.

yes i would like to get some videos out soon

Universal Rep
11-11-16, 10:04 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY8Nmpq2Mqs

The House
01-08-17, 10:00 pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY8Nmpq2Mqs

The supps are a big part of my bulk can't get enough nutrition without them to grow

npcdusty
01-09-17, 10:23 am
Always good to see some stuff from HOUSE! Hope you doing well....

Ali12345
01-10-17, 9:13 am
hello eric.its ali.i have a question.my calves are 14 inches.i want to ask you some questions.i train at home.so i have a block for calves.and i put a bag on my back and put plates inside.and put a chair in front of me for balance.i believe when i use the wall to balance myself i cant do reps as much as using chair infront of me.so i only do standing calf raises.i train them once a week.they have their own day.i made a workout of 15 sets of calf raises.after each set i do 30 bodyweight calf raises.the rep range of calf vary between 10-20 may decrease by sets.so after i finished this routine i was sore for couple of days.i want to know what you say about such a routine is 15 sets of standing calf raises enough once a week.and what rep range what is the best.and i only own 37 kg in my house.my goal is biuld my calves.if possible some tips that fits my situation.& Thanks

The House
01-23-17, 10:07 am
Always good to see some stuff from HOUSE! Hope you doing well....

Thanks I am doing well back at it hard getting big and strong again

The House
01-23-17, 10:12 am
hello eric.its ali.i have a question.my calves are 14 inches.i want to ask you some questions.i train at home.so i have a block for calves.and i put a bag on my back and put plates inside.and put a chair in front of me for balance.i believe when i use the wall to balance myself i cant do reps as much as using chair infront of me.so i only do standing calf raises.i train them once a week.they have their own day.i made a workout of 15 sets of calf raises.after each set i do 30 bodyweight calf raises.the rep range of calf vary between 10-20 may decrease by sets.so after i finished this routine i was sore for couple of days.i want to know what you say about such a routine is 15 sets of standing calf raises enough once a week.and what rep range what is the best.and i only own 37 kg in my house.my goal is biuld my calves.if possible some tips that fits my situation.& Thanks

I like high reps I say go to failure on each set don't set a limit of reps just go till u can't. Remember u should be changing the position of your feet on each set toes in, out, and straight. Also if u don't have tons of weight you can do static holds when u are at full range. Keep pushing

Ali12345
01-24-17, 11:01 am
I like high reps I say go to failure on each set don't set a limit of reps just go till u can't. Remember u should be changing the position of your feet on each set toes in, out, and straight. Also if u don't have tons of weight you can do static holds when u are at full range. Keep pushing. Thanks eric.and what about once a week is it enough?

nicklepore
01-24-17, 11:06 am
Good to see you hitting it hard, whats the current supp stack look like?

The House
01-29-17, 7:13 pm
. Thanks eric.and what about once a week is it enough?

I like once a week, but if u are focusing on it you can hit it twice a week just space it out

The House
01-29-17, 7:18 pm
Good to see you hitting it hard, whats the current supp stack look like?

Animal whey 3xday
Animal test
Animal flex
Animal omega
Animal juiced aminos
Animal pak powder
Animal fury
Animal pm

Ali12345
01-30-17, 3:56 pm
I like once a week, but if u are focusing on it you can hit it twice a week just space it out
Thanks eric.i train one muscle each day.like chest on monday.back on tuesday and so on.and this takes 6 days a week.is this ok.this might give more concentration on the muscle.what you think.should i rest more or one day is good?

Fe-MD
02-16-17, 8:14 am
Hey house,

Do you still prefer fats over carbs even in the offseason? Would you mind posting what a typical day of eating in the offseason would look like, supplements included?

BamBam
02-16-17, 9:10 am
Anxious to see ya again in a few weeks brother

JohnJewett
05-30-17, 10:41 pm
I'm interested to hear about the physique progress you have made since I met you at the Arnold. Lets hear it buddy!

mscuillo
10-30-17, 9:36 am
I'm interested to hear about the physique progress you have made since I met you at the Arnold. Lets hear it buddy!

Any update on what’s going on with “The House,” and his training!?

4nim4l
04-02-18, 12:02 am
any new updates?

npcdusty
04-02-18, 10:19 am
Not sure if you will see much From House on here now, last I heard back in Feb he was venturing out on his own thing now.

any new updates?

Ali12345
01-05-20, 10:58 am
Where Is Eric ? It's Been Almost 3 Years , What Happened ?

BigChrisF
01-06-20, 12:53 am

Seems he separated from Universal Nutrition in 2017.

Altered Beast
01-07-20, 1:37 pm

He started his own Supp company a few years ago.

Nmowery
01-09-20, 8:43 pm
Seems the ranks of the old school animal guys are thinning out as much as this forum

:(

Altered Beast
01-10-20, 10:34 am
Seems the ranks of the old school animal guys are thinning out as much as this forum

:(

Things do and must always change. Simply part of life! Guys move onto other things that is best for their situation. Nothing to be bummed about! Just part of it I'm afraid.

Change is both weird and hard to accept. Facing a bit of it myself now that I'm creeping closer to 40! Sounds weird as shit actually when I say that out loud.

Nmowery
01-10-20, 10:10 pm
Things do and must always change. Simply part of life! Guys move onto other things that is best for their situation. Nothing to be bummed about! Just part of it I'm afraid.

Change is both weird and hard to accept. Facing a bit of it myself now that I'm creeping closer to 40! Sounds weird as shit actually when I say that out loud.

Change is the only constant in the universe, so that in itself isn’t a bad thing.

But...we’ll just say the current changes aren’t too appealing to myself.

Altered Beast
01-13-20, 11:27 am
Change is the only constant in the universe, so that in itself isn’t a bad thing.

But...we’ll just say the current changes aren’t too appealing to myself.

LOL! Well it's something we all face.

What motivates me to continue to lift is like Joe Rogan said, "So I can still stay propped up as I age". LOL! Also I've got thoracic spine issues in my family. Precisely why I train my back so hard! Hoping to avoid those issues long term.

Nmowery
01-13-20, 5:07 pm
I could try to attribute all kinds of esoteric and even existential to why I lift - I just like it. Especially lifting as heavy of shit as possible. I’m ok with leaving it at that.

Altered Beast
01-14-20, 12:13 pm
I could try to attribute all kinds of esoteric and even existential to why I lift - I just like it. Especially lifting as heavy of shit as possible. I’m ok with leaving it at that.

Very nice! It is very similar for me as well, if I go too long without lifting I get wacky.

Can't push the super heavy weights anymore though, really jacks up my blood pressure to very dangerous levels. Have to watch the caffeine intake as well. It's hell growing older =) got fucking grey hairs popping out everywhere now too, LOL!

The House
02-06-21, 1:49 am
Wanted to read some old training notes on the forum. Great memories on this site so awesome to look back at old posts. Stay strong everyone it’s not over yet.

Nmowery
02-06-21, 11:23 pm
Wanted to read some old training notes on the forum. Great memories on this site so awesome to look back at old posts. Stay strong everyone it’s not over yet.

It’s never over :)

Stay jacked, sir...

Altered Beast
02-09-21, 10:01 am

Glad to see you're still around!

It’s never over :)

Stay jacked, sir...

NEVER!

spartan300
02-28-23, 4:21 pm
Glad to see you're still around!

NEVER!

Still full of piss and vinegar I see;)

spartan300
02-28-23, 4:25 pm
Are we allowed to use the House’s house? =)

Altered Beast
03-01-23, 10:47 am
Still full of piss and vinegar I see;)

Always! Full of fury, testosterone, passion and downright psychosis =)

Are we allowed to use the House’s house? =)

The athletes haven't been posting here in years. Corporate moved everything to social media.

spartan300
03-01-23, 2:40 pm
Always! Full of fury, testosterone, passion and downright psychosis =)

The athletes haven't been posting here in years. Corporate moved everything to social media.

Live the dream big man!

So its safe to this is an abandoned house? ;)

Altered Beast
03-02-23, 3:17 pm
Live the dream big man!

So its safe to this is an abandoned house? ;)

Yes sir to both! LOL!!!!

spartan300
03-07-23, 5:04 pm
Or we can create our own! Kinda reminds me of Lord of the flies. I definitely don’t want to be Piggy tho.