PDA

View Full Version : Housecalls with "The House"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

The House
01-06-09, 7:49 pm
I love to squat however while reading the latest Flex magazine I saw many accomplished bodybuilders say not to squat. They say that the squat is the best butt building exercise there is. I agree that I have a bigger butt from squating but should I avoid squating just because of a larger butt?

flex mag is wrong squat till you puke and get ripped glutes..

The House
01-06-09, 7:51 pm
Mr. House, above you said to get 16 sets for big muscles and 12 for smaller ones. What qualifies as a big muscle? Do you mean largest on your body or largest per body part? For example the tricepts muscle isn't as big as your chest but it is your largest arm muscle, just wondering how you categorize large versus small, thanks...

large leg chest back shoulders because all three heads all rest small

The House
01-06-09, 7:53 pm
Hey House,

First off, Happy New Year to you and your family. Just wanted to say how awesome the MD article was of you with your leg training. By far the best article published from MD. The pictures were hardcore looking as well. Animal should use the leg press one in ads. Keep up the great work and see you at the Arnold.

yeah buddy... thanks bro wish it would come true.... start a thread power of the people and it might come true.... you do it bro i will back ya...lol thanks

dannynb
01-06-09, 7:56 pm
Hey Erik, hope '09 is treating ya better than myself, got laid off. Not what I was going for...what I meant to ask is any ideas what shows ya might be doing or attending in '09?? Curious, so I know which ones to try and make to show some Texas support for my funky brother. Nervous myself, if I'm able to do a show this year I'm finally hitting the open class. As always best of luck and look forward to seeing ya on stage again.

Feel The Power
01-06-09, 8:17 pm
how often do you cheat in the offseason?? and have you tried any new supplements lately?? just curious. Hope things are going well your way!

Firefist
01-06-09, 10:31 pm
hey house, read your article in MD. You looked absolutely possesed, man. Its a dream of mine to go to Metroflex one day, haha and possibly catch mr. dobson cleaning one of his boars.

i about shit myself when i read the centuries sets. not that i am in anywhere near the point where i can even consider going through it, i will make a very honest attempt to hopefully pyramid down from 50 or 40 reps with 5 or 4 plates. and maybe i may lengthen the rest periods just a tad bit....

oh yeah, thanks for signing my hat at Ohio Valley, I honestly wear that hat everywhere. It was an honor to meet you.

newbreed
01-07-09, 7:15 am
yeah buddy... thanks bro wish it would come true.... start a thread power of the people and it might come true.... you do it bro i will back ya...lol thanks

Here's the link bro
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=605681#post605681

Any chance you could post a link to those pictures to it? Couldn't find them online and don't have a scanner.

GJN5002
01-08-09, 10:57 pm
Hey House, just read the new muscular development article. Looking nasty as usual. You mentioned always wearing a belt and it keeping your waste small. My abs are getting more distended for some reason. Im starting to look rounded in my midsection but its not fat. Like a semi pregnant bodybuilder but not from hgh. Any recommendation on flattening it out? Vaccums maybe, wearing a belt, or just stuck with my genetics?
thanks

hawaiiboy
01-10-09, 6:37 am
hey house I gotta quick question. What is an ab routine to get solid abs but still be on a weight gain diet?

castilo
01-11-09, 5:31 pm
Hey erik what is that fish you eat at work? In that MD interview you ate the microwaved fish? WHat did you eat?

Also I am in school and it is hard for me to get meals in because we aren't allowed to eat in class. You know teachers are bitches but I need th education no matter how much I love bodybuilding? What can I do without spending tons oof money on MRP? I eat at 8 am and I don't eat again until 12 pm which is lunch.

newbreed
01-12-09, 3:59 pm
Hey House,

How's the family doing? How's the training going? Enjoying the offseason I hope. I was wondering where you got your wrist wraps that have The House on them? Any special place to order from? Take care and congrats on a new child coming.

The House
01-12-09, 6:01 pm
Hey Erik, hope '09 is treating ya better than myself, got laid off. Not what I was going for...what I meant to ask is any ideas what shows ya might be doing or attending in '09?? Curious, so I know which ones to try and make to show some Texas support for my funky brother. Nervous myself, if I'm able to do a show this year I'm finally hitting the open class. As always best of luck and look forward to seeing ya on stage again.

that sucks bro.... but shit happens for a reason u might fine a better job and u will get to spend more time with the fam... as far as i know i will be at the arnold and the mr.o and well the best show ever the erik fankhouser classic a npc show... other than that bro dont know.. keep me posted

The House
01-12-09, 6:02 pm
how often do you cheat in the offseason?? and have you tried any new supplements lately?? just curious. Hope things are going well your way!

right now i am givng me two meals a week to eat what every i want. i just go out and eat with my fam on the cheat meals.. good times

The House
01-12-09, 6:04 pm
hey house, read your article in MD. You looked absolutely possesed, man. Its a dream of mine to go to Metroflex one day, haha and possibly catch mr. dobson cleaning one of his boars.

i about shit myself when i read the centuries sets. not that i am in anywhere near the point where i can even consider going through it, i will make a very honest attempt to hopefully pyramid down from 50 or 40 reps with 5 or 4 plates. and maybe i may lengthen the rest periods just a tad bit....

oh yeah, thanks for signing my hat at Ohio Valley, I honestly wear that hat everywhere. It was an honor to meet you.

thanks bro it was awesome meetin ya too. maybe i will see ya at the arnold bro... the shoot at metroflex was awesome true gym there bro...

The House
01-12-09, 6:05 pm
Here's the link bro
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=605681#post605681

Any chance you could post a link to those pictures to it? Couldn't find them online and don't have a scanner.

yeah buddy thanks bro that was kick ass

The House
01-12-09, 6:06 pm
Hey House, just read the new muscular development article. Looking nasty as usual. You mentioned always wearing a belt and it keeping your waste small. My abs are getting more distended for some reason. Im starting to look rounded in my midsection but its not fat. Like a semi pregnant bodybuilder but not from hgh. Any recommendation on flattening it out? Vaccums maybe, wearing a belt, or just stuck with my genetics?
thanks

bro the belt is workin for me... keep it goin and give it a try

The House
01-12-09, 6:08 pm
hey house I gotta quick question. What is an ab routine to get solid abs but still be on a weight gain diet?

i like to do weighted abs twice a week to keep them out when i am on the bulk... but diet is the best way to see your abs hard to get best of both worlds bro... i say abs are for the stage dont worry about seein them in the bulk season

The House
01-12-09, 6:11 pm
Hey erik what is that fish you eat at work? In that MD interview you ate the microwaved fish? WHat did you eat?

Also I am in school and it is hard for me to get meals in because we aren't allowed to eat in class. You know teachers are bitches but I need th education no matter how much I love bodybuilding? What can I do without spending tons oof money on MRP? I eat at 8 am and I don't eat again until 12 pm which is lunch.

any type of white fish is what i eat when dieting... as for school bro stuff the food in your pockets or drink shakes or eat when you are switching classes thats what i did in college bro... and at work i just stuff my pockets sometimes i have beef or chicken or fish eating it when i get a second... do what ya got to do to do what ya want

The House
01-12-09, 6:13 pm
Hey House,

How's the family doing? How's the training going? Enjoying the offseason I hope. I was wondering where you got your wrist wraps that have The House on them? Any special place to order from? Take care and congrats on a new child coming.

thanks bro... fam is doing grerat and we are so pumped for the new child... as for the straps i got them online i will find a link for ya bro.. i just dont know right now thanks...

newbreed
01-12-09, 8:14 pm
yeah buddy thanks bro that was kick ass

No problem. Those pictures had the words Hardcore Bodybuilder written all over them bro. You are The Man.

newbreed
01-12-09, 8:18 pm
thanks bro... fam is doing grerat and we are so pumped for the new child... as for the straps i got them online i will find a link for ya bro.. i just dont know right now thanks...

Good to hear. One of the reasons I look up to you more than any other bodybuilder is the fact that you are a true family guy as well as an awesome bodybuilder. Great inspiration. Good luck with everything. Thanks.

Flash419
01-12-09, 10:09 pm
Congrats on the new addition to the family. You pick out a name yet? House, Landlord, Tennent, .... ???????? How about Sub-Lease?

dannynb
01-12-09, 11:33 pm
that sucks bro.... but shit happens for a reason u might fine a better job and u will get to spend more time with the fam... as far as i know i will be at the arnold and the mr.o and well the best show ever the erik fankhouser classic a npc show... other than that bro dont know.. keep me posted

Def brother....that's why you are inspiring to me. Bodybuilding is the lifestyle I have chosen and I hope to keep competing. It takes alot of ones focus and time. Being a father and a soon to be husband once again I like how you have shown that a competing and being a family man can go hand in hand...thank you for showing me that. I will keep you updated and look forward to seeing you compete. IF all goes well I'll see ya at the Arnold. Keep doing what your doing bro....thanks.

MRM159
01-13-09, 10:12 pm
Hey house i was curious whether or not you train with a partner? I have been for the last while and like to do so but he is unreliable and cant really compare to me in strength so he doesn't really challenge me too much... which is probably the biggest benefit of a training partner in my opinion. Whats your (or anyone elses) opinion on the subject??

sifusteve
01-13-09, 10:14 pm
I challenge OX or HOUSE to either a back workout from hell or maybe a nice leg thrashing.......Any takers fellas? Or shit, I will leave it up to you!

IN IRON,
BB

Have you seen this?

BamBam
01-14-09, 10:35 pm
Have you seen this?

I hope he does see this...but I think my bro Erik knows I am always down for a challenge and up for pushing him in the gym! Only time will tell :)

Hope all is well HOUSE and you were looking SICK in the new MD. Great MetroFlex pics and I took your advice, lowered my reps, focused more on the muscle working instead of just "moving weight"- and those "Centuries Sets"....damn...I made it to 5 for 50, threw up, and then worked back down...Needless to say I haven't been this sore since I stepped into a squat cage! Thank you for your help and any other insane stuff you wanna throw my way feel free lol...

IN IRON,
BB-

Flash419
01-15-09, 11:07 am
House you are one sadistic , masocistic S.O.B!

I tried your leg workout out of the new MD... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got up to 24 reps at 5p.... and then worked my way down.

That shit is rough! But, on the good side.. I didn't have to load up the leg press with all those plates for my normal workout.. LOL I usually do 24 plates for 3 sets of 10.. That shit was MUCH harder!

For those of you who haven't tried it.... LOL... bring your 'A game'.. and a puke bucket!

No doubts as to why House wins the Best Wheels award. Killer workout bro!

In Flames
01-15-09, 2:08 pm
House, what does your current Back routine look like? Sets/reps etc.

Thanks bro!

Lunatic001
01-15-09, 2:14 pm
House,

Just checking in and seeing how you guys are doing? Congrats on the new addition!!! Say hi to the family!

Lunatic

BB
01-18-09, 1:00 pm
im back at school now and my workout schedule is going to have to change as the school gym in always packed...i was planning on going

thurs-chest/tris
fri-back/bis
sat -legs
sun-shoulders

and i would be doing carido and abs on sat and sun. i would be taking the other 3 days off. Do you think it will work as my goals are for strength and mass.....i am currently 215 aiming for 225/230

Thanks.

Feel The Power
01-18-09, 2:21 pm
that walmart talipia is the shit!! you should see if you can get some kind of endorsement deals since its on your contest menu. lol. Its one of the best deals I have found and I have shopped around.

castilo
01-18-09, 5:24 pm
that walmart talipia is the shit!! you should see if you can get some kind of endorsement deals since its on your contest menu. lol. Its one of the best deals I have found and I have shopped around.

any type of white fish is what i eat when dieting... as for school bro stuff the food in your pockets or drink shakes or eat when you are switching classes thats what i did in college bro... and at work i just stuff my pockets sometimes i have beef or chicken or fish eating it when i get a second... do what ya got to do to do what ya want

Thanks Erik you're the best.

sorry I got here late. what about the talipa's at walmart?

geneticfreak
01-19-09, 2:49 pm
Hey House.

I have but of a slow metabolism, when dieting should I have carbs with my post workout shake if im training late (round 7pm) I normal go to bed around 10-11.

I know carbs keep you full and kick start recovery but I dont want to hinder fat loss

Thanx for helping us achieve our goals

The House
01-19-09, 8:40 pm
everything is going good guys... this offseason is treatin me good, i cant wait till the arnold. each year the arnold gets me motivated to train harder and do better. i cant wait to train with all the animals and just chill out with everyone. as for people callin me out it is ok, just remember this house is gettin huge and dont play around in the offseason. i am strong and tons of carbs in me lol... yeah buddy

BamBam
01-20-09, 12:45 am
everything is going good guys... this offseason is treatin me good, i cant wait till the arnold. each year the arnold gets me motivated to train harder and do better. i cant wait to train with all the animals and just chill out with everyone. as for people callin me out it is ok, just remember this house is gettin huge and dont play around in the offseason. i am strong and tons of carbs in me lol... yeah buddy

Hehehe...I am glad to hear you are getting big and strong brother...but so am I. I am hungry and I am biting at your heels! I just wanna see how I stack up against you and see how my wheels (something I pride myself on being so tall) stack up to the best in the business IMHO! But it's up to you brother, if not, I still would love the honor to sling iron with you some evening. I will leave it up to you!

Glad to hear things are also going well for you and yours man! Good people like yourself deserve nothnig but the best! Just goes to show you truly do get what you put in! God Bless!

IN IRON,
BB-

atripes
01-20-09, 4:49 pm
Hehehe...I am glad to hear you are getting big and strong brother...but so am I. I am hungry and I am biting at your heels! I just wanna see how I stack up against you and see how my wheels (something I pride myself on being so tall) stack up to the best in the business IMHO! But it's up to you brother, if not, I still would love the honor to sling iron with you some evening. I will leave it up to you!

Glad to hear things are also going well for you and yours man! Good people like yourself deserve nothnig but the best! Just goes to show you truly do get what you put in! God Bless!

IN IRON,
BB-

stop calling out pro's like they have time or desire to train w others. they're pro for a reason and all have different lifting practices, which is but a small part of the job.

The House
01-20-09, 9:21 pm

IN IRON,
BB-

bro i like to see that you are motivated and are gettin stronger, but you cant just walk up to the champ and ask for a title shot bro. you got to work your way up the ladder....

B Con
01-20-09, 9:26 pm
House:

Hope the off season is treating you well-- I know it is though. Just wanted to say really enjoyed MD finally getting you covered to the fullest in the latest issue. I put that Century Leg press to try as well... I feel it will help me since I am still recovering from a strained TFL.

Looking forward to seeing ya again at the Arnold. Be good.

Burt

PS: I will also see you again at your show this year in OH/WV as my buddy Broc is going to be competing in it. Making his debut.

dannynb
01-20-09, 9:43 pm
stop calling out pro's like they have time or desire to train w others. they're pro for a reason and all have different lifting practices, which is but a small part of the job.

Easy now.....House isn't like most pro's. When given the chance to meet or train with his fans he does so when time permits. Most of if not all the pro's from Animal are the same way.

House...glad to see your off season is going well. Have to admit mine is as well. Gonna start a power routine to add some thickness on over the next few months. Looking forward to seeing ya again at the Arnold. So any nicknames for the little one yet?

BamBam
01-20-09, 9:58 pm
bro i like to see that you are motivated and are gettin stronger, but you cant just walk up to the champ and ask for a title shot bro. you got to work your way up the ladder....

This is true bro...I understand your point of view...I just wanted to see if you would pull an Apollo Creed and give me my shot like he did Rocky...lol.

How about this...if not a leg challenge...why don't we workout after the Expo or something one evening? That way maybe I can see what it takes to be the Champ.

IN IRON,
BB-

The House
01-25-09, 8:07 pm
House:

Hope the off season is treating you well-- I know it is though. Just wanted to say really enjoyed MD finally getting you covered to the fullest in the latest issue. I put that Century Leg press to try as well... I feel it will help me since I am still recovering from a strained TFL.

Looking forward to seeing ya again at the Arnold. Be good.

Burt

PS: I will also see you again at your show this year in OH/WV as my buddy Broc is going to be competing in it. Making his debut.

Easy now.....House isn't like most pro's. When given the chance to meet or train with his fans he does so when time permits. Most of if not all the pro's from Animal are the same way.

House...glad to see your off season is going well. Have to admit mine is as well. Gonna start a power routine to add some thickness on over the next few months. Looking forward to seeing ya again at the Arnold. So any nicknames for the little one yet?
thanks guys the offseason is going great... i am pumped that i am gaining weight again, it is good to be growing... i started my official offseason at the start of this month. started training hard and eatting to gain weight... i cant wait to see how big everyone is gettin at the arnold..

dannynb
01-25-09, 11:15 pm
thanks guys the offseason is going great... i am pumped that i am gaining weight again, it is good to be growing... i started my official offseason at the start of this month. started training hard and eatting to gain weight... i cant wait to see how big everyone is gettin at the arnold..
Good god....I don't think i can imagine ya any bigger than the last time i saw ya...damn monster. Glad things are on course bro....2009 will be another good on for you and the family.

Maiden69
01-26-09, 12:30 pm
House, I got to read your MD leg training workout, and I read about you using the belt almost all the time and the reason for it. I must say that I thought that I was the only one thinking that I was keeping my waist size down by using it. I use to use it all the time, and in 2006 I stopped. My waist went from 32 to above 36 at about the same weight. I just thought that I was hindering my lowerback/abs development by using it, but I started again a few months back and my waist is shrinking slowly again. Good job on them wheels my the way!

LittleMan55
01-26-09, 12:50 pm

Huger you mean!!! Just like I told you in September. Yeah I'm fully aware its more huge haha.

Seems like all is well on the training front. Hope the home life is going well too and Heather is doing well.

Ok down to business. I need some advice on getting my shoulders to really fill out. I go hard on them, but they seem to be a lagging part from my stand point. Currently my routine looks like this:

Some variation of Press 4 x 8-12
Upright Rows 4 x 8-12
Side Raises (seated or standing) 3 x 8-12
Bent Raises 3 x 8-12

Hard work is fun to me so throw me some ideas out there if you could. Need me some boulder shoulders!

Thanks and see you in a few weeks,
Broc

Firefist
01-26-09, 6:21 pm
I need some advice on getting my shoulders to really fill out. I go hard on them, but they seem to be a lagging part from my stand point.

good call, ill be lookin for this answer....

ATLMusclBro5
01-27-09, 1:56 am
House, in almost every training pic I've seen of you, you're wearing some bad ass Adidas shoes!! Where do you get em bro?!? One pair looks like the Adidas "Goodyear" style that was pretty popular a while back. If ANIMAL ever decides to have an offical shoe, I'd vote for the ones you rep bro!

thehawk
01-27-09, 4:31 pm
House, my left biceps is smaller than the right one, and generally they both aren't that good.. can you suggest me a workout program just for biceps?

Cheers mate.

BB
01-28-09, 9:38 pm
hey guys
im back at school now and my workout schedule is going to have to change as the school gym in always packed...i was planning on going

thurs-chest/tris
fri-back/bis
sat -legs
sun-shoulders

and i would be doing a little carido and abs on sat and sun. i would be taking the other 3 days off. Do you think it will work as my goals are for strength and mass.....i am currently 215 aiming for 230/240

Thanks

atripes
01-29-09, 9:12 am

are you eating whatever is in sight or do you have a diet?

The House
01-31-09, 2:45 pm
Good god....I don't think i can imagine ya any bigger than the last time i saw ya...damn monster. Glad things are on course bro....2009 will be another good on for you and the family.

i hope it is a great year for u to bro...

The House
01-31-09, 2:47 pm
House, I got to read your MD leg training workout, and I read about you using the belt almost all the time and the reason for it. I must say that I thought that I was the only one thinking that I was keeping my waist size down by using it. I use to use it all the time, and in 2006 I stopped. My waist went from 32 to above 36 at about the same weight. I just thought that I was hindering my lowerback/abs development by using it, but I started again a few months back and my waist is shrinking slowly again. Good job on them wheels my the way!

i know i feel the same way bro... i think it works most people say no but hell i have seen good results so thats all that matters, and it is workin for u so i say keep doing it...

The House
01-31-09, 2:52 pm
Huger you mean!!! Just like I told you in September. Yeah I'm fully aware its more huge haha.

Seems like all is well on the training front. Hope the home life is going well too and Heather is doing well.

Ok down to business. I need some advice on getting my shoulders to really fill out. I go hard on them, but they seem to be a lagging part from my stand point. Currently my routine looks like this:

Some variation of Press 4 x 8-12
Upright Rows 4 x 8-12
Side Raises (seated or standing) 3 x 8-12
Bent Raises 3 x 8-12

Hard work is fun to me so throw me some ideas out there if you could. Need me some boulder shoulders!

Thanks and see you in a few weeks,
Broc

bro..here is my basic shoulder workout
side raises db 4 sets 8-12
front raises bar 4 sets 8-12
rear delts db 4 sets 8-12
press 4 sets 8-12
shrugs 4 sets 8-12
side raises again 4 sets till failure

i keep it basic but i feel it the next day

The House
01-31-09, 2:56 pm
House, in almost every training pic I've seen of you, you're wearing some bad ass Adidas shoes!! Where do you get em bro?!? One pair looks like the Adidas "Goodyear" style that was pretty popular a while back. If ANIMAL ever decides to have an offical shoe, I'd vote for the ones you rep bro!

thanks bro i have a ton of adidas shoes... i like the way they feel.. i was a big nike guy till i started bodybuilding then i switched over... i just like them because they dont weigh much...

The House
01-31-09, 2:58 pm
House, my left biceps is smaller than the right one, and generally they both aren't that good.. can you suggest me a workout program just for biceps?

Cheers mate.

here is my current workout.. i just did it today..
straight bar curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
rev curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
hammer curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
db iso curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
then i do tris

The House
01-31-09, 3:03 pm
hey guys

thurs-chest/tris
fri-back/bis
sat -legs
sun-shoulders

and i would be doing a little carido and abs on sat and sun. i would be taking the other 3 days off. Do you think it will work as my goals are for strength and mass.....i am currently 215 aiming for 230/240

Thanks
if u want mass make sure u are eatin bro and training hard.. as long as you are hitting eachpart once a week u will make gains... the split can change up i dont like to take three days straight off but is thats what u got to do them u got to..

The House
01-31-09, 3:05 pm
are you eating whatever is in sight or do you have a diet?

i have a diet bro that i am doing for teh offseason... it is not antthing like a contest diet but it is to gain weight.. i eat clean just more and eat way more carbs and have a few cheat meals here and there

deanna7272
01-31-09, 3:11 pm
Great seeing ya this morning....

Looking L A R G E Brother.... Looking E X T R A L A R G E !!!!

dannynb
01-31-09, 5:12 pm

See now I can't wait for the Arnold, just to see the changes. House, I'm gonna give the weight belt trick a go and see if it helps with my already thick waist...cursed with a big obliques from heavy years of power lifting. Also gonna steal your arm routine for a month just for the change.

P.S. How's momma doing with the little one on the way? Your boy getting excited about being a big brother??

The House
01-31-09, 8:36 pm

thanks dee.. hope you had a great boot camp.. i know you will do great at your next show. you know how to set your mind and get the job done.. so you get a yeah buddy lol

The House
01-31-09, 8:38 pm
See now I can't wait for the Arnold, just to see the changes. House, I'm gonna give the weight belt trick a go and see if it helps with my already thick waist...cursed with a big obliques from heavy years of power lifting. Also gonna steal your arm routine for a month just for the change.

P.S. How's momma doing with the little one on the way? Your boy getting excited about being a big brother??

she is dong good bro the normal stuff... lol .... lol.... try the belt bro i feel it works... and i am tryin to get huge in due time..

deanna7272
01-31-09, 9:38 pm
thanks dee.. hope you had a great boot camp.. i know you will do great at your next show. you know how to set your mind and get the job done.. so you get a yeah buddy lol

That's all I need...

Bains8
02-01-09, 3:51 am
Hey House how you doing bro? Uhh kind of a odd or possibly a question that has been asked before but I have to ask. A lot of people wear boots when they train some wear steel toe shoes. Why is that? If so what kind of shoes do you wear and why?

LittleMan55
02-01-09, 2:06 pm
bro..here is my basic shoulder workout
side raises db 4 sets 8-12
front raises bar 4 sets 8-12
rear delts db 4 sets 8-12
press 4 sets 8-12
shrugs 4 sets 8-12
side raises again 4 sets till failure

i keep it basic but i feel it the next day

thanks.. Will give this one a go next shoulder day and let you know how it goes.

BB
02-01-09, 10:45 pm
if u want mass make sure u are eatin bro and training hard.. as long as you are hitting eachpart once a week u will make gains... the split can change up i dont like to take three days straight off but is thats what u got to do them u got to..

yeah im eating like a horse right now im pounding back about 3500 cals a day...im up to 222. but i just wasnt sure if it was a problem training all my body parts together, in case i was weak from my workout before. and i totally agree with the time off i hate it it feels so wasted so i changed it up a little and now i am in on tuesday evenings doing legs and sunday has become a sort of catch up day for any body parts i feel are lacking.

Lunatic001
02-02-09, 2:48 pm
Just checking how you are doing bro......congrats for the new baby! How large do you plan to get this offseason?

Lunatic001

newbreed
02-02-09, 4:57 pm
You enjoy that Superbowl bro? You are a Steelers fan right? How's the Landlord? Keep up the great work man.

The House
02-02-09, 8:16 pm
Hey House how you doing bro? Uhh kind of a odd or possibly a question that has been asked before but I have to ask. A lot of people wear boots when they train some wear steel toe shoes. Why is that? If so what kind of shoes do you wear and why?

i know some gyms make ya wear them but i dont wear them at the gym i lift at.... i would say that it is so if u drop weights on your feet you will not get hurt.

The House
02-02-09, 8:17 pm
thanks.. Will give this one a go next shoulder day and let you know how it goes.

sounds good crush them.....

The House
02-02-09, 8:18 pm
yeah im eating like a horse right now im pounding back about 3500 cals a day...im up to 222. but i just wasnt sure if it was a problem training all my body parts together, in case i was weak from my workout before. and i totally agree with the time off i hate it it feels so wasted so i changed it up a little and now i am in on tuesday evenings doing legs and sunday has become a sort of catch up day for any body parts i feel are lacking.

that sounds better... all the days off in a row would make me crazy

The House
02-02-09, 8:19 pm
Just checking how you are doing bro......congrats for the new baby! How large do you plan to get this offseason?

Lunatic001

i just want to get bigger than before....

The House
02-02-09, 8:21 pm
You enjoy that Superbowl bro? You are a Steelers fan right? How's the Landlord? Keep up the great work man.

it was a great game bro... it was down to the last drive thats excitin and the steelers won lol.. family life is goin good could not ask for more...

bodybabe10
02-03-09, 12:26 pm
That's all I need...

Thanks Eric!

See Dee! As I said before block out the tone and listen to the words from our favorite person. He only wants the best for you and believes in you. Now you need to believe in you! Go get 'em girl!

Love ya!

dannynb
02-06-09, 3:31 am
......all I can say is thank you for this oppurtunity. This has def made my day.

jjhoffard
02-08-09, 10:06 am
Hey Eric,
How do you deal with being hungry on Andy's crazy ass diet. I could eat the ass out of a skunk right now.

Feel The Power
02-08-09, 11:02 am
I read in one of your articles you keep a jar of peanut butter next to your bed incase you get hungry in the middle of the night.. thats been a big problem for me lately. I will try to eat something before bed (usually cottage cheese or peanut butter), but alot of times I wake up in the middle of the night starving and raid the pantry of junk food.
My question is are there any other foods I could eat before bed to keep me from waking up starving? or what do you recommend I do when I wake up in the middle of the night? I am eating fairly clean right now, but am not on a cut. Let me know and thanks for your time.

Feel The Power!

dannynb
02-08-09, 12:52 pm
I read in one of your articles you keep a jar of peanut butter next to your bed incase you get hungry in the middle of the night.. thats been a big problem for me lately. I will try to eat something before bed (usually cottage cheese or peanut butter), but alot of times I wake up in the middle of the night starving and raid the pantry of junk food.
My question is are there any other foods I could eat before bed to keep me from waking up starving? or what do you recommend I do when I wake up in the middle of the night? I am eating fairly clean right now, but am not on a cut. Let me know and thanks for your time.

Feel The Power!
Well not sure what House does but I like an egg white omelet or chicken breast with some steamed veggies before bed. I always keep a casein shake by the bed in case I wake up...chug it down and back to sleep...but I'm interested to see what House says.

dannynb
02-08-09, 1:04 pm
Erik...feel lucky ya just got a boy for now...last night was the Daddy Daughter Sweetheart Dance...I took my 7 year old...holy crap the money spent on a new dress (not to mention trying on 17 dresses till we found the right one), and I had to go buy a suit....only for her or you'd never catch me in a suit...not to mention a pink tie to match her dress. Hell of a time though...actually got her on the dance floor and she got to see her old man get his groove on. IT was fun and I already look forward to next year. All worth with it though to see the smile on her face when we walked into the ballroom she just glowed. Off subject but I had to share that with ya in case the one on the way turns out to be a girl....later brother.

The House
02-08-09, 6:50 pm
Thanks Eric!

See Dee! As I said before block out the tone and listen to the words from our favorite person. He only wants the best for you and believes in you. Now you need to believe in you! Go get 'em girl!

Love ya!

get huge eat some reeses lol

The House
02-08-09, 6:51 pm
......all I can say is thank you for this oppurtunity. This has def made my day.

bro i am glad i get to train with you.. keep up the good work....

The House
02-08-09, 6:53 pm
Hey Eric,
How do you deal with being hungry on Andy's crazy ass diet. I could eat the ass out of a skunk right now.

last time i looked zero carbs in a skunks ass so have at it lol..... well it makes me ripped so i deal with it... being hungry is a feeling and i control my feelings..

The House
02-08-09, 6:55 pm

Feel The Power!

i say drink a whey shake with some fruit or maybe watch some old home movies they all ways make me fall back a sleep... lol

The House
02-08-09, 6:57 pm
Well not sure what House does but I like an egg white omelet or chicken breast with some steamed veggies before bed. I always keep a casein shake by the bed in case I wake up...chug it down and back to sleep...but I'm interested to see what House says.

i say that is a good answer, but i still think the movie idea is good..lol

The House
02-08-09, 7:01 pm
Erik...feel lucky ya just got a boy for now...last night was the Daddy Daughter Sweetheart Dance...I took my 7 year old...holy crap the money spent on a new dress (not to mention trying on 17 dresses till we found the right one), and I had to go buy a suit....only for her or you'd never catch me in a suit...not to mention a pink tie to match her dress. Hell of a time though...actually got her on the dance floor and she got to see her old man get his groove on. IT was fun and I already look forward to next year. All worth with it though to see the smile on her face when we walked into the ballroom she just glowed. Off subject but I had to share that with ya in case the one on the way turns out to be a girl....later brother.

i think we are going to have a girl... lol i dont know a girl would be good.... but that means i got to be the enforcer when she starts to date... lol that is goin to be tough... all i can say is.. i will meet the kid at the gym and make him hurt so bad that he can not even move his hands before they go out... lol the fun times lol

dannynb
02-08-09, 7:12 pm
i think we are going to have a girl... lol i dont know a girl would be good.... but that means i got to be the enforcer when she starts to date... lol that is goin to be tough... all i can say is.. i will meet the kid at the gym and make him hurt so bad that he can not even move his hands before they go out... lol the fun times lol

You really think I lift and train for bodybuilding...hell no, it's all about the intimidation factor when junior comes to pick her up for their first date.

thehawk
02-09-09, 6:00 am
here is my current workout.. i just did it today..
straight bar curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
rev curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
hammer curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
db iso curl 4 sets 8-12 reps
then i do tris

Thank you and congratulations for the new baby!

MojoMike36
02-09-09, 8:44 am
Yo House,

HUGE fan. You're build is pretty much my dream. If not the size then the proportion man.

Circuit training while cutting. Yay or nay brotha?

The House
02-11-09, 7:54 pm
You really think I lift and train for bodybuilding...hell no, it's all about the intimidation factor when junior comes to pick her up for their first date.

glad to see i am not the only one lol

The House
02-11-09, 7:56 pm
Yo House,

HUGE fan. You're build is pretty much my dream. If not the size then the proportion man.

Circuit training while cutting. Yay or nay brotha?

i hell yes, for a change of pace.... i dont do like a total body or anything but i like to pick like 4 or 5 exercise and do them in a row of the same bodypart then rest and do it again..

joe-yamma
02-11-09, 9:54 pm
what's up big homie?
when you coming up to "Six-burgh" to train? haha

MojoMike36
02-12-09, 12:39 am
i hell yes, for a change of pace.... i dont do like a total body or anything but i like to pick like 4 or 5 exercise and do them in a row of the same bodypart then rest and do it again..

Glad to hear it bro cause I've been doing it and loving it.

Let me see if I'm pickin up what you're putting down.

For example, I trained chest tonight and did this:
BB Incline BP->DB Flat BP->Incline Flies 2 minute rest at the end (x3)

then

Dips->Incline Flies->Incline HS Chest Press 1 minute rest at the end (x2)

Is this what you are advocating? I believe you are. On a side note, do you dig the combos I've thrown together for both circuits?

Also just to add: You have the best legs out there. All your ball busting training really is visible in them.

dannynb
02-12-09, 1:10 am
Hey house...any looks as to what your off season meal layout looks like?? Curios as to your split as well. I'm following a power routine to try and add some thickness and density to my tall frame. SO far so good...9 pounds in 3 weeks and strength is going up each week as well.

Anyways keep growing bro...counting down the days. Be keeping your family in my prayers till that little one arrives with all 10 toes and 10 fingers. Lord help ya if it's a girl...for some reason having a daughter just changes life as you know it. LOL

sawwedoff
02-13-09, 10:52 am
what you think of bison meat? im think about ordering sum off High Plains Bison its pricey as hell, just wondering if its worth all the money... i like my red meats and whole eggs u know... soo much better than dry chicken and egg whites.. HAHA and how much aminos acids is too much??? im taking animal nittro like 3 to 4 times a day, plus with all that meats i eat. am i doing too much?

fatbackgoal
02-14-09, 7:27 pm
Hey bro..just getting on the House bandwagon but like what you are doing. I have a question about rehab. I have a slight tear in my patella tendon as well as cartilage loss and tear. My PT has said no leg work for at least two weeks but I can do cardio like the elliptical or treadmill. I would like to get your thoughts on what would be the best cardio that will allow me to heal. I really need the cardio as I am 6'5" 330 at 35% bf. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you at the Cage.

The House
02-14-09, 8:13 pm
what's up big homie?
when you coming up to "Six-burgh" to train? haha

hell bro no idea.... maybe when the sun starts to shine again lol damn snow....

The House
02-14-09, 8:14 pm
Glad to hear it bro cause I've been doing it and loving it.

Let me see if I'm pickin up what you're putting down.

For example, I trained chest tonight and did this:
BB Incline BP->DB Flat BP->Incline Flies 2 minute rest at the end (x3)

then

Dips->Incline Flies->Incline HS Chest Press 1 minute rest at the end (x2)

Is this what you are advocating? I believe you are. On a side note, do you dig the combos I've thrown together for both circuits?

Also just to add: You have the best legs out there. All your ball busting training really is visible in them.

spot on bro... thats what we talkn about...

The House
02-14-09, 8:18 pm
Hey house...any looks as to what your off season meal layout looks like?? Curios as to your split as well. I'm following a power routine to try and add some thickness and density to my tall frame. SO far so good...9 pounds in 3 weeks and strength is going up each week as well.

Anyways keep growing bro...counting down the days. Be keeping your family in my prayers till that little one arrives with all 10 toes and 10 fingers. Lord help ya if it's a girl...for some reason having a daughter just changes life as you know it. LOL

offseason looks like... what every goes goes.... three - four shakes and three to four solid meals ..... 9 pounds bro that is awesome keep that up and u will be 300 soon lol.... we will know in a few months what the baby is....lol

Elite
02-14-09, 8:18 pm
Where dya get that 'Panther pride' sleeveless shirt, you wear in one of your photo shoots, looks badass, i want one.

The House
02-14-09, 8:21 pm
what you think of bison meat? im think about ordering sum off High Plains Bison its pricey as hell, just wondering if its worth all the money... i like my red meats and whole eggs u know... soo much better than dry chicken and egg whites.. HAHA and how much aminos acids is too much??? im taking animal nittro like 3 to 4 times a day, plus with all that meats i eat. am i doing too much?
never had that shit bro... lol if it dont moo i dont eat it... aminos are great i take nitro twice a day and liquid aminos twice a day...

The House
02-14-09, 8:26 pm
Hey bro..just getting on the House bandwagon but like what you are doing. I have a question about rehab. I have a slight tear in my patella tendon as well as cartilage loss and tear. My PT has said no leg work for at least two weeks but I can do cardio like the elliptical or treadmill. I would like to get your thoughts on what would be the best cardio that will allow me to heal. I really need the cardio as I am 6'5" 330 at 35% bf. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you at the Cage.

bro i would say elliptaical if thats what pt said.. it is low impact and you gat a good workout if that hurts then the bike is good if you can bend your knee around good enough to pedal bro.... i just dont like the tread but if u got to let i guess it is better than sittin around... hope it gets better bro..

The House
02-14-09, 8:28 pm
Where dya get that 'Panther pride' sleeveless shirt, you wear in one of your photo shoots, looks badass, i want one.

it was a old school football t-shirt, bro there is no other like it because it is that old lol...one of a kind...

dannynb
02-15-09, 6:31 pm
offseason looks like... what every goes goes.... three - four shakes and three to four solid meals ..... 9 pounds bro that is awesome keep that up and u will be 300 soon lol.... we will know in a few months what the baby is....lol

I hear ya...I dunno about 300...sounds nice but hell at 240 right now I have a hard time with things like getting dressed, fitting into cars and crap. I'd be happy with down the road hitting about 260ish. Happy growing to ya....speaking of growing i got some spaghetti waiting for me.

In Flames
02-15-09, 10:11 pm
Hey House, what's your current Back routine looking like? Thanks bro.

WeeMan
02-16-09, 10:06 am
hey erik, iv got a problem making my shoulders grow.
for every body part i experiment with different routines and excercises untill i find what works and i keep doing it till it stops working, but iv not found anything that makes my shoulders stronger or bigger.
recently id been doing every heavy compound excercise that i could think of but it wasnt working so i started doing everything strict.
heres what im doing now...
Behind the neck presses 4x8-10
Seated lateral raises 4x10
Single arm lateral raises 4x10
Cybex rear delt rows 4x10

any advice you oculd give would be great! cheers

Fricano
02-16-09, 9:42 pm
In training videos with pro bodybuilders I often see them, say if they are doing four set, do the first two sets with lighter weight, the third with heavier weight but not all out and then finish with one all out set. I know there is no "right" way to train you kinda have to figure it out for yourself but why do pros do this? Is this a better way to train than just four straight sets at the same weight? Just wondering what your thoughts were on this. Thanks in advance

Big J
02-16-09, 11:53 pm
Hey house, I just saw your training article section in MD over here in Iraq you totally rock bro. Ok here is my question I've been really getting low on the squats and I see some good improvements. How do i work in the glute ham tie in's? I did my first amateur hard body show in dec here in iraq and I noticed that the tie'ins on my side pose needed to be more defined. Thanks man Keep up the good work i get home i may i can't wait

The Epidemic
02-17-09, 11:24 am
HOW DOES THIS LOOK CARB WISE?
m1-6whole eggs and 6 WHITES
m2-8oz of lean meat 1.5 cups of rice with a few veggies
m3-8oz of lean meat 1.5 cups of rice a few veggies
m4-60G WHEY and PB and 1/4 of oats PREWORKOUT
m6-8oz of lean meat with some veggies and PB

its around 300g of carbs and 400g of proteins
5'11
etco
cardio= 60mins for 4-5x a week

Brutus_515
02-17-09, 11:46 am
House,

Hotdogs good or bad in the offseason....

The House
02-19-09, 5:40 pm
I hear ya...I dunno about 300...sounds nice but hell at 240 right now I have a hard time with things like getting dressed, fitting into cars and crap. I'd be happy with down the road hitting about 260ish. Happy growing to ya....speaking of growing i got some spaghetti waiting for me.

eat up....

The House
02-19-09, 5:41 pm
Hey House, what's your current Back routine looking like? Thanks bro.

deads
lat pulls
bent rows
lat pushdowns
db rows

then puke

The House
02-19-09, 5:44 pm
hey erik, iv got a problem making my shoulders grow.
for every body part i experiment with different routines and excercises untill i find what works and i keep doing it till it stops working, but iv not found anything that makes my shoulders stronger or bigger.
recently id been doing every heavy compound excercise that i could think of but it wasnt working so i started doing everything strict.
heres what im doing now...
Behind the neck presses 4x8-10
Seated lateral raises 4x10
Single arm lateral raises 4x10
Cybex rear delt rows 4x10

any advice you oculd give would be great! cheers
try this bro then call me in the morn lol
side raises db
front raises bar
rear delts bent over db
side raises cable
arnold presses
shrugs

4 sets each 15 12 10 8
and go balls to the walls lol to grow get blood in the muscle no longer than one min rest after each set

LittleMan55
02-19-09, 5:45 pm
side raises db
front raises bar
rear delts bent over db
side raises cable
arnold presses
shrugs

4 sets each 15 12 10 8
and go balls to the walls lol to grow get blood in the muscle no longer than one min rest after each set

Read title for results!!! This one brings the pain...

The House
02-19-09, 5:48 pm
In training videos with pro bodybuilders I often see them, say if they are doing four set, do the first two sets with lighter weight, the third with heavier weight but not all out and then finish with one all out set. I know there is no "right" way to train you kinda have to figure it out for yourself but why do pros do this? Is this a better way to train than just four straight sets at the same weight? Just wondering what your thoughts were on this. Thanks in advance

i say change the weight thats how i do it bro... if you do four straight sets at the same weight then u are not going to failure each set bro... i know if i do a weight 8 times the next set i will not be able to do 8 because i get weaker each set... because "i dont hold out i sell out"

The House
02-19-09, 5:51 pm
Hey house, I just saw your training article section in MD over here in Iraq you totally rock bro. Ok here is my question I've been really getting low on the squats and I see some good improvements. How do i work in the glute ham tie in's? I did my first amateur hard body show in dec here in iraq and I noticed that the tie'ins on my side pose needed to be more defined. Thanks man Keep up the good work i get home i may i can't wait

one of my fav exercise to do bro is lunges deep.... but the detail just comes with diet diet diet each time you diet down you get better bro.... i hope may comes quick bro... keep training hard and keep me posted

JUGGERNAUT
02-19-09, 5:53 pm
See you and the family soon!!!!

The House
02-19-09, 5:54 pm
HOW DOES THIS LOOK CARB WISE?
m1-6whole eggs and 6 WHITES
m2-8oz of lean meat 1.5 cups of rice with a few veggies
m3-8oz of lean meat 1.5 cups of rice a few veggies
m6-8oz of lean meat with some veggies and PB

its around 300g of carbs and 400g of proteins
5'11
etco
cardio= 60mins for 4-5x a week

go by feel bro... but i know for me thats to many carbs i would walk around with swolen feet lol carbs are great but i dont like to go over 150 when dieting... to each his own see how you are responding then adjust

The House
02-19-09, 5:55 pm
House,

Hotdogs good or bad in the offseason....

hot dogs are for babies...

The House
02-19-09, 5:56 pm
Read title for results!!! This one brings the pain...

i welcome pain with a smile...

The House
02-19-09, 5:57 pm
See you and the family soon!!!!

cant wait bro yeah buddy... soon the sun will shine over me again

Big C
02-19-09, 6:28 pm
LMAO. Take the bun off then Shaffer and just eat the dog.

dannynb
02-19-09, 6:47 pm
Be seeing ya soon bro....any heads up on what we might be hitting? Really looking forward to this. Recently every time I step foot in the gym all I can think about is that day...and I suddenly pump out a few more, lift a little heavier....thank you for the motivation.

Brutus_515
02-19-09, 6:56 pm

Figured that would be your responce haha.....you gunna be huge for SRU?

steelwrecker
02-20-09, 8:48 am
I have problems with the difference of my triceps size.
Right Triceps: stronger, less volume
Left Triceps: weaker, more volume
what shall i do?

sawwedoff
02-20-09, 11:11 am
just to let you know when i get on the animal pak forum i just mainly got to ur HOUSE CALLS HAHA just to let you know... i cant get my abs showing what more do i need to do!!! besides dieting? (which is the hardest part) how u get ur abs poping out?

WeeMan
02-20-09, 12:55 pm
side raises db
front raises bar
rear delts bent over db
side raises cable
arnold presses
shrugs

4 sets each 15 12 10 8

thanks man il give it a go!

BigFeitz
02-20-09, 12:56 pm
hey what kind of exercise hit your glute ham tie in area best? i have some pretty goo hamstrings but right below my bu there's nothing. like a void.

Jay_de
02-20-09, 1:07 pm
I'm seeing massive improvement in my quads but no matter what I do I just can't get my hams to respond. I've been squatting in the smith rack with concentration on the hams (feet a bit more forward, rising on my heels), The various leg press machines with a high foot placement, and deads when I can get away with it (They tend to frown upon that at my gym for some reason...go figure). Not to mention the usual leg curl machines...

Recommend anything I may be overlooking?

Gambit
02-20-09, 7:24 pm
Hey big man, I saw from some pics and vids that you wear your straps pretty a lot. What kind of dedicated forearm work do you do? Do you split it away from bi's and tri's?

ptewarie
02-21-09, 8:31 am
hey house i just wanted to let you know that you have one of the best physiques ever..
you have it all : size, conditioning, vascularity... wow
you are an inspiration to me!!!

i just had a quick question:
is it better to hit big muscles groups twice a week as supposed to 1 major muscle each day in a regular 5 day split? and do you need a seperate day just for arms??

thanks man this will really help me..
i really dont know what the best split is like..im really overwhelmed!!

The House
02-22-09, 6:04 pm
LMAO. Take the bun off then Shaffer and just eat the dog.
shaffer likes the buns... lol

The House
02-22-09, 6:06 pm
Be seeing ya soon bro....any heads up on what we might be hitting? Really looking forward to this. Recently every time I step foot in the gym all I can think about is that day...and I suddenly pump out a few more, lift a little heavier....thank you for the motivation.

dont know yet bro.... lol i will let ya know when we are closer

The House
02-22-09, 6:14 pm
Figured that would be your responce haha.....you gunna be huge for SRU?

might be around 210 by then bro lol

The House
02-22-09, 6:18 pm
I have problems with the difference of my triceps size.
Right Triceps: stronger, less volume
Left Triceps: weaker, more volume
what shall i do?

size is not stronger or weaker. we all have a difference in each arm a little ... i say if there is a big difference then use more free weights and not machines... the free weights will make you use each arm equal. if you use a bar or dbs then each arm must equal out. if it is size and a big difference then you got to look at if you have had injuries or something wrong with that side of your body..

The House
02-22-09, 6:20 pm
just to let you know when i get on the animal pak forum i just mainly got to ur HOUSE CALLS HAHA just to let you know... i cant get my abs showing what more do i need to do!!! besides dieting? (which is the hardest part) how u get ur abs poping out?

i do abs with some weight like cables or holding plates... but biggest part is like you said diet... well and cardio... keep it goin bro... they will show and when they do it will be worth it...

The House
02-22-09, 6:21 pm
hey what kind of exercise hit your glute ham tie in area best? i have some pretty goo hamstrings but right below my bu there's nothing. like a void.

i like lunges bro and deep squats..... maybe diet down more and you will be able to see more detail

The House
02-22-09, 6:23 pm
I'm seeing massive improvement in my quads but no matter what I do I just can't get my hams to respond. I've been squatting in the smith rack with concentration on the hams (feet a bit more forward, rising on my heels), The various leg press machines with a high foot placement, and deads when I can get away with it (They tend to frown upon that at my gym for some reason...go figure). Not to mention the usual leg curl machines...

Recommend anything I may be overlooking?

stiff leg deadsd are good.... and body weight rev leg curls are great to....

The House
02-22-09, 6:25 pm
Hey big man, I saw from some pics and vids that you wear your straps pretty a lot. What kind of dedicated forearm work do you do? Do you split it away from bi's and tri's?

i dont do any forearm day bro i just work them from lifting without straps on my warm up sets...

The House
02-22-09, 6:27 pm
hey house i just wanted to let you know that you have one of the best physiques ever..
you have it all : size, conditioning, vascularity... wow
you are an inspiration to me!!!

i just had a quick question:
is it better to hit big muscles groups twice a week as supposed to 1 major muscle each day in a regular 5 day split? and do you need a seperate day just for arms??

thanks man this will really help me..
i really dont know what the best split is like..im really overwhelmed!!

i say if you been training for awhile then a 5 day split is good... i like to have a arm day where i do bi and tris... i tried doin them on days with other bodyparts but did not have enough energy to get anything out of it.... i say eachday a diff part....

dannynb
02-22-09, 7:03 pm
dont know yet bro.... lol i will let ya know when we are closer

No worries bro....looking forward to this.

Brutus_515
02-23-09, 12:51 pm
might be around 210 by then bro lol

haha lookin big son! LOL do you know if it is at the same hall this year or if they moved it to a bigger area...will be there with lunchbox and the little one...joe should be there too.

steelwrecker
02-23-09, 1:27 pm
Thanks for your help House.
Did you really play football at high school?
Do you alway had such big legs and calves?
I really like your big tris. How did you get your tris so big?
And what age did you first began to train?

Lunatic001
02-23-09, 2:26 pm
House,

Just checking how you and the fam are doing....Don't make your fellow Animals look too bad at the cage (curling wt challenge)....hope all is great...I tried sending a pm but I guess it didn't go through, but I was trying to get your leg routine from the MD article (sorry I missed that month)......good luck in everything (lifting, family) and I will keep tabs as always from the west!!!

Lunatic

BigFeitz
02-27-09, 2:16 pm
hey house i just saw one of your video feeds on MD. and i was wondering are you still doing the exercise physiology/ and if so how is that going? i am trying to be in a similar field. im going to school for this right now and am actually looking for some ideas of jobs. do you enjoy your job?

Reacher34
02-27-09, 3:29 pm
Can I have your thoughts on my cutting diet? I'm 230 and can't train upper body due to breaking my arm. I'm taking this opportunity to cut up and see just how much I can transform. I now hit legs twice a week and hit calves, forearms, abs, and 30 min cardio the other 5 days.

Meal 1:
Shake - 20g protein from liquid egg whites, 2 scoops whey powder, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 2:
6 whole egglands best eggs
2 slices whole wheat toast
1 tbsp low sugar jelly

Meal 3:
8oz chicken
1 sweet potato

Meal 4:
2 scoops protein
5 grams bcaa
5 grams glutamine

Meal 5:
8 oz chicken
6 oz broccoli

Meal 6:
Shake - 20g protein from liquid egg whites, 2 scoops whey powder, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

***sometimes I'll chase a chicken meal or egg meal with two scoops whey and xtra bcaas***

Total Macros: (sometimes fluctuate depending on portion sizes)
Protein = 380-450 grams (depending on ounces of meat and extra shakes)
Carbs = 100-150 grams (no carbs after 6pm)
Fats = 70-85 grams

I'm aware protein is high, but I'm terrified of catabolism. I've been following this plan flawlessly for 8 days. I'm seeing very subtle changes already, I think because it's so different from my previous bulking protocol.

Anyone's opinion is appreciated. I've never really cut before.

DDeLay
02-27-09, 6:28 pm
As far as training goes, for the major bodyparts, which is more important? Volume(Such as 6x6) or Intensity(Or Rest-Pause)?

The Landlord
03-02-09, 5:15 pm
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/5/l_8d40db684e7e4b15ab1b6143a4e14d43.jpg

MrMuscles22
03-02-09, 5:18 pm
Sept 12 is right around the corner!!! 28 weeks out!

Speedgtr92
03-08-09, 9:38 pm
Hey house, scott here, just wanted to thank you for being so cool at the arnold expo ( I'm the guy that took pictures of your calves). Your an inspirational figure too me, and it was awesome that you are so down to earth and easy to talk too. Thanks bro, I wish you the best in your career and future

Scott

dannynb
03-09-09, 12:36 pm
Erik....all I can say is thanks for this weekend....just talking with you was worth the trip let alone training with you. I look forward to hanging with ya again sometime. Meeting Landlord and X was great and an experience I will always remember. Again...thank you and it's an honor to call you friend.

B Con
03-09-09, 12:40 pm
House:

It was great to see you and your family again. Looking large and in charge and you kicked some ass with the curls. I'll be seeing you again for your show as well. Always a pleasure and thanks for the compliments. I feel like I'm doing something right.

I saw your interviews as well. That is what makes you always a fan favorite is being able to take the time out to talk to everyone. Always a class act.

Keep pounding and enjoy the off season.

Burt

Flash419
03-09-09, 12:53 pm
Got to workout Triceps with House at the National ABC on Saturday night. Fucking arms are still sore. LOL

Just wanted to say ... THANKS AGAIN! You made my weekend!

Lunatic001
03-09-09, 3:06 pm
Saw the pics and the interview from the Arnold....looking large bro! Can't wait to see (hopefully train again) at the 2010 Arnold!!!!!

OoFaP
03-09-09, 5:25 pm
Hey I was just wondering your opinion on cardio. Do you think it would be beneficial to do HIIT cardio on my off days when trying to gain weight assuming I am still gaining around half a pound a week? This what I've been doing but I can't help but feel that being in a catabolic state the day after training is hurting my recovery. I'd like to keep my heart healthy and I do feel it helps me minimize fat gain since I can get fat easily but I would drop it if it's hurting me.

The House
03-10-09, 8:10 pm
Thanks Guys for all the support. MD is doing a pod cast where anyone can ask me questions and i answer them in a live audio interview... please hit me up with some questions to be answered all you have to do is type them in the md thread here is the link thanks... if you want to ask me questions about animal products or universal products or anything about training or life please do.. thanks for the support lets make it fun... just type in the md thread you guys are the best..

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?p=1383807#post1383807

The House
03-10-09, 8:13 pm
Thanks for your help House.
Did you really play football at high school?
Do you alway had such big legs and calves?
I really like your big tris. How did you get your tris so big?
And what age did you first began to train?

all true bro football my whole life and legs were big but now jacked because of years of squats and leg pres... i started to train when i was lucky number 13 lol

The House
03-10-09, 8:14 pm
hey house i just saw one of your video feeds on MD. and i was wondering are you still doing the exercise physiology/ and if so how is that going? i am trying to be in a similar field. im going to school for this right now and am actually looking for some ideas of jobs. do you enjoy your job?

i enjoy the job it pays the bills but work is work bro... i have a love hate relationship with it lol

The House
03-10-09, 8:15 pm
Sept 12 is right around the corner!!! 28 weeks out!

lol diet diet diet o the good days

The House
03-10-09, 8:16 pm
Hey house, scott here, just wanted to thank you for being so cool at the arnold expo ( I'm the guy that took pictures of your calves). Your an inspirational figure too me, and it was awesome that you are so down to earth and easy to talk too. Thanks bro, I wish you the best in your career and future

Scott

thanks bro just keepin it real

The House
03-10-09, 8:18 pm
Erik....all I can say is thanks for this weekend....just talking with you was worth the trip let alone training with you. I look forward to hanging with ya again sometime. Meeting Landlord and X was great and an experience I will always remember. Again...thank you and it's an honor to call you friend.

u are a good friend... great meetin ya again hope we meet up again soon

The House
03-10-09, 8:20 pm
House:

It was great to see you and your family again. Looking large and in charge and you kicked some ass with the curls. I'll be seeing you again for your show as well. Always a pleasure and thanks for the compliments. I feel like I'm doing something right.

I saw your interviews as well. That is what makes you always a fan favorite is being able to take the time out to talk to everyone. Always a class act.

Keep pounding and enjoy the off season.

Burt

Got to workout Triceps with House at the National ABC on Saturday night. Fucking arms are still sore. LOL

Just wanted to say ... THANKS AGAIN! You made my weekend!

thanks guys..... i always got time we are all one big fam in my book... good tri work bro now keep it rollin

The House
03-10-09, 8:21 pm
Saw the pics and the interview from the Arnold....looking large bro! Can't wait to see (hopefully train again) at the 2010 Arnold!!!!!

lol bro thanks... hope we get to train again it would be awesome....

The House
03-10-09, 8:22 pm
Hey I was just wondering your opinion on cardio. Do you think it would be beneficial to do HIIT cardio on my off days when trying to gain weight assuming I am still gaining around half a pound a week? This what I've been doing but I can't help but feel that being in a catabolic state the day after training is hurting my recovery. I'd like to keep my heart healthy and I do feel it helps me minimize fat gain since I can get fat easily but I would drop it if it's hurting me.
if you feel you are gettin fat then do some cardio.... lol just dont do to much

The House
03-10-09, 8:23 pm
Thanks Guys for all the support. MD is doing a pod cast where anyone can ask me questions and i answer them in a live audio interview... please hit me up with some questions to be answered all you have to do is type them in the md thread here is the link thanks... if you want to ask me questions about animal products or universal products or anything about training or life please do.. thanks for the support lets make it fun... just type in the md thread you guys are the best..

dannynb
03-10-09, 8:28 pm
u are a good friend... great meetin ya again hope we meet up again soon

I hope so to...until than I'll just keep bugging ya on here.

BigFeitz
03-10-09, 9:32 pm
i dont want to sound dumb or anything, but you guys dont have prohormones do you? i think your company could make some seriously good ones.

Madcat
03-10-09, 10:01 pm
House,
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me in the Cage and also letting me talk with The Landlord and Xaiver. After meeting you at your ABC a few months ago, I've been waiting to get a T forever and finally was able to at the expo. I appreciate you going behind the curtains to grab one and def. repped it today to the gym.

Your family and yourself are always so down to earth and really show me that anything is possible if you truly love it and want it.

Thank you and can not wait til train with you again.

dannynb
03-10-09, 10:48 pm

Hmmmm well I'm gonna got start writing down all my questions. This time though when ya start talking about your diet is Landlord gonna be there snickering at ya...LOL

Bains8
03-11-09, 3:42 am
Hey House how you doing bro? I jus watched a video on musculardevelopment.com it said you got your pro card congradulations man. I might be a litte late with this wasn't to sure about the timing. I jus had a question firstly can you take EAA stack year round and would it be a suitable choice to sip on some of this while working out or would it jus be better to take after workout. My schedule is packed and every meal has to be eaten at that time so I thought maybe I could add something in during workout. Plus I'm dying to try the watermelon flavour. Thankss Peace...

belladiabla13
03-11-09, 9:51 am
House,

What back exercises would you recommend for a female who is 4 weeks into this? My goals are to cut the chubs and build muscle. I know to lift like a big girl I need to build my core so help me to get a strong back?

Thanks,

Bella

www.myspace.com/luckybella13

Lunatic001
03-11-09, 11:29 am
lol bro thanks... hope we get to train again it would be awesome....

It been over a year that you haven't stopped in Cali....let us know when you head out here....I'll be picking your brain from time to time.....how's the family?

Lunatic

Phil800101
03-12-09, 3:34 am
Hey House, just wanted to say that it was awesome seeing you and your family (congrats again on the little Fankhouser that is on the way) again at the Cage bro. Enjoy the off-season!

dmac1850
03-12-09, 10:12 am
Mr. House, I just had one quick question, other than Deadlifts, what would you recommend as far as eexercises for getting a bigger back?

dmac1850
03-12-09, 12:15 pm
not to sound ridiculous with that question, but I only ask because my football training focused on Benching and Squatting and we didn't do much back work so I'm trying to figure out how to bring my lats up to my chest in terms of developement. Thanks again.

Big C
03-12-09, 10:20 pm
Yo House just wanted to say it was good talking to you this past weekend. Lookin' thick bro you are definately on the right path for more huge-ness.

So I gotta ask....who is the real curl champ then ....me or You??? I'm hearing conflicting reports hahaha.

BigFeitz
03-12-09, 11:59 pm
hey house, i need some help!

i have 14 weeks till my show and i have been bouncing around with fiets for my first 2 weeks than one of my work assocites who is competing sid i was eting to much and told me how to switch it up and he looks good so i did so. i started my diet at 230 and about 13% bf. i am down to 215 now i dont know my bf but i have lost a half an in in my arms and almost 2 inches in my chest. am i buring more muscle than fat do to the drastic drop in cals? i was taking in about 3600 now im taking in bout 2500.

BamBam
03-13-09, 1:24 am
Yo Heezy, I need some help with my hams. I have some good strength, but I need to work on my ham "hang" and maybe some additional glute/ham tie in? Any suggestions from the leg master would be very helpful brotha! Thank you!

IN IRON,
BB-

sanga
03-13-09, 8:05 am
Hey Eric, it was good to meet you mate, The Cage was excellent, those calfs of yours are freaky, lol.

Many thanks for the T-Shirt, I`ll get some pics up soon.

Madcat
03-13-09, 4:22 pm
House,
Saturday night at the ABC I saw you and your training partner hitting reverse grip skull crushers on the straight bar, I was wondering what the change in grip benefited? I am asuming grip strength and forearms, but wanted to know if it affected different aspect of the triceps as well.

Im going to give it a try tonight, but was just looking to mix it up.

Also, I've never been able to really get my Biceps to grow, Ive been hitting them twice every 7 days for about 2 months and have seen some results from that. However I was wondering if you could toss out an off season bicep workout, possibly to pair with Back. If you have time, maybe a tri/bi workout too.

Thank you for your time.

nordik
03-16-09, 2:05 am
House,
Saturday night at the ABC I saw you and your training partner hitting reverse grip skull crushers on the straight bar, I was wondering what the change in grip benefited? I am asuming grip strength and forearms, but wanted to know if it affected different aspect of the triceps as well.

Im going to give it a try tonight, but was just looking to mix it up.

Also, I've never been able to really get my Biceps to grow, Ive been hitting them twice every 7 days for about 2 months and have seen some results from that. However I was wondering if you could toss out an off season bicep workout, possibly to pair with Back. If you have time, maybe a tri/bi workout too.

Thank you for your time.

I'm obviously not House, but from what I know, the reverse grip skulls (and any other reverse grip tricep exercise) hits more of the long head of the tricep.

Madcat
03-17-09, 12:17 pm
BamBam,
Hey not to step on Houses toes, but Stoltz showed me a new hammy exercise that is unreal. Its a bodyweight reverse leg curl type lift on either the hyper machine or the lat/trap pull down machine.

If you wanna hear more PM me, but the basics are lower the legpad down on the lat pull machine, lock the rear of your heals under that and knees on the seat, and lower your bodyweight but use your hammys/glutes not your back. So you will be keeping your upper body straight but bending at the knees. Use the lat bar as support and an assist. I did 6,4,3 of these and still feel it today and that was saturday.

BamBam
03-17-09, 2:29 pm
BamBam,
Hey not to step on Houses toes, but Stoltz showed me a new hammy exercise that is unreal. Its a bodyweight reverse leg curl type lift on either the hyper machine or the lat/trap pull down machine.

If you wanna hear more PM me, but the basics are lower the legpad down on the lat pull machine, lock the rear of your heals under that and knees on the seat, and lower your bodyweight but use your hammys/glutes not your back. So you will be keeping your upper body straight but bending at the knees. Use the lat bar as support and an assist. I did 6,4,3 of these and still feel it today and that was saturday.

I believe I saw The FREAK do thse at the ABC Saturday of the Arnold. They look pretty nasty and yeah dude I will def. hit these up. Beware the PM lol...

SKOH09
03-17-09, 11:58 pm
House!! just joined up on the forvm and I just wanted to say thanks for being so cool at the arnold. It was awesome meeting you and getting a picture with you, keep it hardcore bro.

barbender18
03-18-09, 10:41 am
hey house! i need a little help, im getting ready for a show and i seem to be losing a decent amount of fat from my body except for my lower lat area and the love handles from my hips to my butt> any suggestions on how to specifically target those areas?

dannynb
03-18-09, 3:20 pm
Damn brother, they got ya working over time?? Haven't been on in awhile....ya better be getting that time with momma and little man....hope all is well with you guys.

dyskee
03-18-09, 6:26 pm
hey bro, i looked throught the thread till i got ur bi's workout, ur back and delts workout , what do you do for tri's , chest, legs and calves?? i am really interested if you don't mind.

BigFeitz
03-18-09, 9:48 pm
im curious when dieting down as your body weight gets lower do you constantly adjust the calories and macronutrients to that weight or keep it where you started?

steelwrecker
03-19-09, 9:51 am
Hey House, i want to ask you at what age you started training.
I'm just a beginner, I am training for two months, but i liked this sport since i was 8 years old, but i couldn't practice it, 'cause my parents didn't allow me. Since I was a kid, i had significant bigger legs than the others. But everyone asked me if I'm playing soccer,' cause my calves where so big.As I got older, at the age of 14, i just loved to see others training. At that time I was in the summer holidays at my grandparents and I did some exercises at the gym but only a few times, even my parents didn't know. As we went back home, I couldn't visit any gym, without to get caught by my parents. Now I am 16 and I got the permission of my parents to train in a gym as they saw how much I was burning to go in a gym and move some steel. I trained only 2 months and I'm not big at all, if you compare me to all the other beginners, but I have a strong will and won't give up 'till I reach my target. I'm also a big fan of you. Hope you'll accept me also as a brother like the others, who has a burning wish to get bigger and stronger.

cmtz429
03-22-09, 5:45 pm
What is up, House. Man saw you on MD and you looked great. You have a nice family. I love my family morethan anything, but pushing iron is up there. I have to say you are on e of my favs along with Ox. I hope to be in the Cage someday. I am 33 and have legs that don't grow well. I am going to try some of your excercises and techniques. My question is: If I want to get bigger should I still try natural or go another route to get the size I need to compete? I have been on supps for a long time Yeah I notice some changes, but I would like to compete before I am 40 and need alot of work. Man I can't believe I did not know of this forum. You and Ox and Wrath, Vinny, and the Brotherhood. I am so excited that I can actually ask you questions and have no fear of being neglected or pushed away. Man House you are awesome I lik the website, too. Well gotta go see ya. I will keep posting.ANIMAL for life.

JUGGERNAUT
03-23-09, 9:58 am
What is up, House. Man saw you on MD and you looked great. You have a nice family. I love my family morethan anything, but pushing iron is up there. I have to say you are on e of my favs along with Ox. I hope to be in the Cage someday. I am 33 and have legs that don't grow well. I am going to try some of your excercises and techniques. My question is: If I want to get bigger should I still try natural or go another route to get the size I need to compete? I have been on supps for a long time Yeah I notice some changes, but I would like to compete before I am 40 and need alot of work. Man I can't believe I did not know of this forum. You and Ox and Wrath, Vinny, and the Brotherhood. I am so excited that I can actually ask you questions and have no fear of being neglected or pushed away. Man House you are awesome I lik the website, too. Well gotta go see ya. I will keep posting.ANIMAL for life.

Please note that asking questions like this goes against the rules here, thanks.
***If I want to get bigger should I still try natural or go another route to get the size I need to compete?***

cmtz429
03-23-09, 10:52 am
My bad. I don't want to jeoperdize my brotherhood. I'm sorry. Will keep legit.

LittleMan55
03-23-09, 11:07 am
Cardio... Cardio... Cardio... Yeah that shit runs my life now! LOL

I just wanted to see how everything was going on the home front. Hope the training, family, and everything in general is kicking ass.

The House
03-24-09, 6:18 am
Mr. House, I just had one quick question, other than Deadlifts, what would you recommend as far as eexercises for getting a bigger back?
Bent rows, t bar rows and pull ups bro and not the pull ups kids wear. Lol

The House
03-24-09, 6:23 am
Yo House just wanted to say it was good talking to you this past weekend. Lookin' thick bro you are definately on the right path for more huge-ness.

So I gotta ask....who is the real curl champ then ....me or You??? I'm hearing conflicting reports hahaha.
We both won our contest right.. we both champs lol maybe we will find out someday..

The House
03-24-09, 6:39 am
hey house, i need some help!

i have 14 weeks till my show and i have been bouncing around with fiets for my first 2 weeks than one of my work assocites who is competing sid i was eting to much and told me how to switch it up and he looks good so i did so. i started my diet at 230 and about 13% bf. i am down to 215 now i dont know my bf but i have lost a half an in in my arms and almost 2 inches in my chest. am i buring more muscle than fat do to the drastic drop in cals? i was taking in about 3600 now im taking in bout 2500.
Its hard to tell.. When dietin you all was feel smaller.. Best way to see is keepin track of bf or lookin in mirror or having someone good look at u on the regular.. The amount of cals depends on how much cardio also..also u got to eat protien not all just fat cals or carbs the protien helps keep the muscle...

The House
03-24-09, 6:43 am
Brb lol at work on blackberry
typin... Boss is on the walk around... Got patients comin in at 8am.. Lol

B Con
03-24-09, 7:28 am
We both won our contest right.. we both champs lol maybe we will find out someday..

There is something in that WV water up there...

haha on the Forvm at work? Very nice.

LittleMan55
03-24-09, 7:49 am

You sound like me in class on my Treo

Pizzalamp
03-24-09, 10:25 am
Hello Mr. House
Hope you and the family are well.

I remember a video of you doing side laterals with the plams outward.
I've been hearing they are less stressful on the rotator cuffs.
Ive been doing them for the past few weeks and I really like them a lot.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Lunatic001
03-24-09, 12:34 pm

Those Blackberries are trouble I tell you.....hope everything is good at your camp (trng, family, life).....

Lunatic

Jay_de
03-24-09, 2:14 pm
... pull ups bro and not the pull ups kids wear. Lol

Aaaaahhhhh...must be pottytraining time around the Fankhouser home...lol

dmac1850
03-24-09, 3:34 pm
Thanks, greatly appreciate the help eventhough it makes me sound like an idiot, I figured no one better to ask the the best.

The Landlord
03-24-09, 5:48 pm
Hey everyone please check out Erik's personal Podcast interview with Muscular Development Magazine!

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1488/184/

dannynb
03-24-09, 7:03 pm
Hey thanks momma!!! How's little man doing?? Tell Erik to watch that Crackberry at work...its done almost gotten me in trouble a few times.

The House
03-25-09, 6:48 am
Hello Mr. House
Hope you and the family are well.

I remember a video of you doing side laterals with the plams outward.
I've been hearing they are less stressful on the rotator cuffs.
Ive been doing them for the past few weeks and I really like them a lot.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

I was doining them in the past because my shoulder and elbow were hurting and doin them that way let me still train them while they recovered.. Less strain on the joint.. I like them but only do them when I have to.. I stick to regular ones for the most part.

The House
03-25-09, 7:08 am
Those Blackberries are trouble I tell you.....hope everything is good at your camp (trng, family, life).....

Lunatic
What's up bro have not heard from u in a while.. How is everything goin... How is training goin.. I have been gettin huge can't wait to diet down...let me know what's up with your training

The House
03-25-09, 7:17 am
Hey thanks momma!!! How's little man doing?? Tell Erik to watch that Crackberry at work...its done almost gotten me in trouble a few times.
Lol on the crackberry again and ya know where I am... Just another way I balance my life out... Gettin two things done at once typin on forums checkin emails and takin bp's bf's and paper work on new members lol...

theharjmann
03-25-09, 10:10 am
House,

Just thought i'd let you know;

this article you wrote: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=321

its the fuckin shit!
i've read it over 100 times in the past year just to make sure im eating enough when gaining.

when i have kids...instead of reading them story books im gonna read that article to them LOL

keep training hard

Peace

cmtz429
03-25-09, 10:25 am
House,

Just thought i'd let you know;

this article you wrote: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=321

its the fuckin shit!
i've read it over 100 times in the past year just to make sure im eating enough when gaining.

when i have kids...instead of reading them story books im gonna read that article to them LOL

keep training hard

Peace

I agree totally. Learning from my Idols about their rituals in diets, training, and even thier daily lives is motivating. House, how long are your training sessions off season? do you put more than 1 hr? I really want to learn from you. I hope to see you on the Olympia stage someday.

Lunatic001
03-25-09, 11:17 am
What's up bro have not heard from u in a while.. How is everything goin... How is training goin.. I have been gettin huge can't wait to diet down...let me know what's up with your training

I have sent a couple of PMs.......life is good, daughter is a bit sick but getting better (damn Croup cough)...training is there, just grinding it out......I heard on your Arnold interview that you planning on doing NY Pro in 2010? Can't wait to see you on stage again.....right now I am in full cutting mode (just lower my wt and BF, it got out of line big time) so I am tired all the time, but then I think about your work ethic and some how I get energy......so how hugh is the House this off season and how heavy to you want to get? 135 lbs curls for 35 reps is insane!! I can only do 10.... :)

West Coast Supperter,
Lunatic

dannynb
03-25-09, 2:17 pm
Lol on the crackberry again and ya know where I am... Just another way I balance my life out... Gettin two things done at once typin on forums checkin emails and takin bp's bf's and paper work on new members lol...

I understand all too well my friend. Here i sit posting here, texting on the crackberry all while scheduling my trainers for next week and looking over client folders and eating some steak and rice....gotta love multi tasking. How's training and life in general going? Trying to find time to listen to your Podcast...tonite hopefully. Oh thanks again for the shoulder routine...did it again last week and I couldn't even brush my teeth afterwards I had such a pump. Weight is up to 250...did like ya said and keep upping my cals. Tell the family I said hi, and still have y'all in our prayers down here until that little one comes out with all 10 fingers and toes.

cully
03-26-09, 6:57 am
i see u have briliant legs what is the best way to bulk the legs front and back of the quad

B Con
03-26-09, 7:47 am
Hey everyone please check out Erik's personal Podcast interview with Muscular Development Magazine!

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1488/184/

I listened to this the other morning. Great interview and very insightful. I'm waiting to see the calf showdown b/t you and your sister now haha

BigFeitz
03-27-09, 12:21 pm
hey house i was thinking of getting universal BCAA STACK AAC and universal EAA STACK. but if i get both how should i split them up? it says take both after workout, but is that too much aminos?

The Landlord
03-28-09, 3:45 pm
Hey everyone Erik is guest posing tomorrow at Slippery Rock University. The evening show starts at 2pm! Here is the address for the show...we hope to see you there!
Slippery Rock University, 1 Morrow Way, Slippery Rock PA, 16057
Aebersold Recreation Center

dannynb
03-28-09, 4:19 pm
Hey everyone Erik is guest posing tomorrow at Slippery Rock University. The evening show starts at 2pm! Here is the address for the show...we hope to see you there!
Slippery Rock University, 1 Morrow Way, Slippery Rock PA, 16057
Aebersold Recreation Center

Hmmm only a 28 hour car ride away...LOL. Wished it was closer and we'd be there. Hope all is good on the home front.

cmtz429
03-29-09, 1:12 am
Hey House, Heard the podcast, Awesome stuff. You are very talented. What are the aminos (Band and Name) that you take in the mornings? THank you for you response.

BamBam
03-30-09, 9:19 am
What's up bro!? Just dropping by man to see how everything was in your neck of the woods.

IN IRON,
BB-

dannynb
03-31-09, 8:09 am
Still AWOL...staying busy, nothing but a good thing.

The House
03-31-09, 6:59 pm
i see u have briliant legs what is the best way to bulk the legs front and back of the quad

front squats and reg sqauts.... best mass builder for the legs in my book....

The House
03-31-09, 7:00 pm
I listened to this the other morning. Great interview and very insightful. I'm waiting to see the calf showdown b/t you and your sister now haha

lol thanks i got a pic i just got to find it.. i think it is on my myspace i will look

The House
03-31-09, 7:01 pm
hey house i was thinking of getting universal BCAA STACK AAC and universal EAA STACK. but if i get both how should i split them up? it says take both after workout, but is that too much aminos?

i take my eaa with my intra aid during my workout and my bcaas after with my torrent and it works great for me...

The House
03-31-09, 7:02 pm
Hmmm only a 28 hour car ride away...LOL. Wished it was closer and we'd be there. Hope all is good on the home front.

to the bat cave robbin...

The House
03-31-09, 7:03 pm
Hey House, Heard the podcast, Awesome stuff. You are very talented. What are the aminos (Band and Name) that you take in the mornings? THank you for you response.

i take animal nitro or bcaas and eaa stack from universal... good stuff bro and they keep making new flavors lol

The House
03-31-09, 7:04 pm
What's up bro!? Just dropping by man to see how everything was in your neck of the woods.

IN IRON,
BB-

cold still and wet.... but good weather to grow for me...

The House
03-31-09, 7:06 pm
Still AWOL...staying busy, nothing but a good thing.

you better eat and get above 250 bro... u get to 275 and i will get to 3 bills ok then we both will be huge.... thats big .....

dannynb
03-31-09, 7:48 pm
to the bat cave robbin...

you better eat and get above 250 bro... u get to 275 and i will get to 3 bills ok then we both will be huge.... thats big .....

Let's get on to the bat cave than.....I'm sitting at 250..I got another year to go before my show prep starts...25 more pounds to go.....I can do it, how about you? LOL

*getting big*

cully
04-01-09, 12:08 pm
front squats and reg sqauts.... best mass builder for the legs in my book....

cheers bro thanks hows training coming along

LittleMan55
04-01-09, 12:22 pm
Dear lord Danny at 275 and you at 300, that is monsterous huge on both counts!

Whats the deal with AB always laughing maniacly and sounding like he is enjoying taking food away so much? lol He loves some cardio too!

Looking great in the pics!

dannynb
04-01-09, 3:46 pm

Whats the deal with AB always laughing maniacly and sounding like he is enjoying taking food away so much? lol He loves some cardio too!

Hell yeah...better get ready...gonna have some freaky size going on in here.

LittleMan55
04-01-09, 5:00 pm

Hell yeah... I like the sounds of that!

BigFeitz
04-02-09, 4:34 pm
hey house sorry to bother you again but i have a couple questions. 1st. i was wondering what kind of diet do you use pre contest. i tried evan's ketone diet but i lost 20lbs, with only a 2% bf loss. i dont think that diet works for me so i was just wondering how you do it.
2nd was i notice you seem to use the olyptical most for cardio. i was wondering do you think that the olyptical helps more with getting those striations in your legs. like the stair climber works more quads and calves and the treadmil works more quads. but i feel like the olyptical works the legs all the way around.

Speedgtr92
04-03-09, 10:34 pm
Erik, what would you recommend on the macros for a pre-contest diet bro? How do you usually determine your caloric intake?

The House
04-06-09, 7:15 pm
cheers bro thanks hows training coming along

feeling great getting big and strong

The House
04-06-09, 7:16 pm

cardio will be your best friend...

The House
04-06-09, 7:17 pm

mount up....

The House
04-06-09, 7:17 pm
Hell yeah... I like the sounds of that!

you only like cardio bro think cardio... eat sleep shit cardio

The House
04-06-09, 7:21 pm
hey house sorry to bother you again but i have a couple questions. 1st. i was wondering what kind of diet do you use pre contest. i tried evan's ketone diet but i lost 20lbs, with only a 2% bf loss. i dont think that diet works for me so i was just wondering how you do it.
2nd was i notice you seem to use the olyptical most for cardio. i was wondering do you think that the olyptical helps more with getting those striations in your legs. like the stair climber works more quads and calves and the treadmil works more quads. but i feel like the olyptical works the legs all the way around.

i also do a low carb diet bro... it is what works best for me.... as for cardio i like the stair steppers the best then the ellipticals.. i think both work great and will burn fat to see detail as long as you are moving good and just not goin on a sunday stroll....

The House
04-06-09, 7:23 pm
Erik, what would you recommend on the macros for a pre-contest diet bro? How do you usually determine your caloric intake?

i dont determine my cal intake the mirror does... if i am fat and not changing i eat less if i am changing i eat the same and if i am to flat and run down i eat more.....

LittleMan55
04-06-09, 8:03 pm
cardio will be your best friend...

you only like cardio bro think cardio... eat sleep shit cardio

Got ya! Just got done doing more of it actaully.

Speedgtr92
04-06-09, 8:50 pm
i dont determine my cal intake the mirror does... if i am fat and not changing i eat less if i am changing i eat the same and if i am to flat and run down i eat more.....

The mirror certainly doesn't lie bro!!! I noticed from your lifestyle video, and your recent interview on MD.com, that you go pretty low carb or zero carb come contest time. Did you always take this approach or did you come to that through trial and error?

dannynb
04-06-09, 9:18 pm

Cardio....show prep...gotta love it. I used to spend my 2 hours of cardio on the stair climber while watching the Food Network...I love punishment.

dannynb
04-06-09, 9:32 pm
mount up....

Lead the way boss..I'm right behind ya...well ok...25 pounds behind ya...LOL

BigFeitz
04-07-09, 1:44 pm
hey i want to first thank you for all your help so far. i was wondering though. when your diteing down i know your carbs are lowered and your calories go down aswell. but do you keep the protein up to where it was when you started the diet?

xMATT182x
04-08-09, 7:11 am
hey House I hope all is well. Got one quick question. My energy level has been junk for the last month. I've been trying to get better carbs with some progress. Do you you think caffiene can play a big role in energy levels and performance. I think my intake may be too high. Thanks bro, take it easy.

Feel The Power
04-08-09, 8:18 pm
I know I saw a video with you eating it, but do you ever drink it?? If so how much per day?? We got into a discussion at work today about how much coffee we drink in a given day and was just curious.

atripes
04-09-09, 11:08 am
erik what time do you go to bed if you have to wake up at 330? what time do you usually go to bed/wake up in the off season?

The House
04-11-09, 9:26 pm

more cardio is good for the heart lol

The House
04-11-09, 9:28 pm
The mirror certainly doesn't lie bro!!! I noticed from your lifestyle video, and your recent interview on MD.com, that you go pretty low carb or zero carb come contest time. Did you always take this approach or did you come to that through trial and error?

trial and error bro and i am still on trial and error. always looking for the best way

The House
04-11-09, 9:29 pm
Cardio....show prep...gotta love it. I used to spend my 2 hours of cardio on the stair climber while watching the Food Network...I love punishment.

will power bro and i think it makes you burn more when you think of food.. good old food porn when you are on a diet lol

The House
04-11-09, 9:30 pm
Lead the way boss..I'm right behind ya...well ok...25 pounds behind ya...LOL

in may i start a new run at my mass phase... you better hold on

The House
04-11-09, 9:32 pm
hey i want to first thank you for all your help so far. i was wondering though. when your diteing down i know your carbs are lowered and your calories go down aswell. but do you keep the protein up to where it was when you started the diet?

my protien stay the same bro i lower my fat and carbs which changes my cals and takes the fat off...