PDA

View Full Version : Housecalls with "The House"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The House
08-10-07, 6:18 pm
Ask away my Animal brothers..... If you got some questions, the Dr. House is here to give you a straight up answer. No beatin around the bush.... just straight shootin here...

Remember "You are your maker"

Ricky P
08-10-07, 6:20 pm
Awesome. I got a question.

I've been stuck around the same weight on my squats for a while now.. What do you suggest doing to increase my numbers on the squat? I see people squatting small Volkswagen's on here, and I know I can get there at some point.... But maybe you got some pointers that could benefit me.

Appreciate it, House.

TufffGuY
08-10-07, 6:35 pm

I've been stuck around the same weight on my squats for a while now.. What do you suggest doing to increase my numbers on the squat? I see people squatting small Volkswagen's on here, and I know I can get there at some point.... But maybe you got some pointers that could benefit me.

Appreciate it, House.

same here bro and my back cramps up real bad where the pain is overwhemling, bu tmy form is reall good

The House
08-10-07, 6:35 pm

Appreciate it, House.

Bro I always find that if i am stuck at a weight on an exercise, it is time to change the exercise, for squats i would do a cycle of front squats and heavy leg presses... for 4-6 weeks then jump back into the squats and see what you got..

Giant Killer
08-10-07, 6:43 pm
House, what rep range do you feel Deadlifts should be done in for a bodybuilder?

brandonA
08-10-07, 6:50 pm
How you doing bro? How's the prep treating ya?

-B

The House
08-10-07, 6:52 pm
Bro for a bodybuilder In Season 10-20 reps with total contraction at the top.. in the offseason i go as low as 6 no lower for me.... i do about 4-6 working sets inseason or offseason....

The House
08-10-07, 6:54 pm
How you doing bro? How's the prep treating ya?

-B

the prep is preped and ready... i can not wait to step on stage.. i am three weeks out and i wish i was on stage today...

Spikes079
08-10-07, 7:05 pm
OK I gotta ask whats your calf routine House cause yours are sick

SDR
08-10-07, 7:18 pm
House, not a particular question as such, but I'd like to hear some pointers from you about thickening up the tricep, I have long arms and its taking longer than i thought to fill them out but im stickin to the course and getting stronger by the week...

Whats a routine for arms that you'd reccomend? while I know everyone responds to different things I always look for diff routines to change shit up.

Thanks!

ProteinJunkie
08-10-07, 7:34 pm
Just in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=311&section=

The House
08-10-07, 8:41 pm

Bro my calves keep getting bigger LOL... they were small in that picture you should see them now... I do high reps bro i am talking all the way to failure reps of 100 till they burn off.... High reps no matter what exercise for the calves... my exercise that gives me the best burn is the leg press calf raise.. feet In, out and straight...

The House
08-10-07, 8:46 pm
House, not a particular question as such, but I'd like to hear some pointers from you about thickening up the tricep, I have long arms and its taking longer than i thought to fill them out but im stickin to the course and getting stronger by the week...

Whats a routine for arms that you'd reccomend? while I know everyone responds to different things I always look for diff routines to change shit up.

Thanks!

mass on the tris.. the exercise that gives me mass is the skull crusher... but dont just do them on a flat bench change it up.. i rotate them one week flat bench skulls next week decline bench skulls, next week incline bench skulls... It works for me.. also any exercise with a rope, make sure you spread the rope all the way out at the end of the exercise... i get 9-12 sets for tris to failure... also some weeks train tris with bis and then train them with chest the next coulpe weeks, then train them with shoulders, just keep moving them around...

Ricky P
08-10-07, 8:46 pm
Bro I always find that if i am stuck at a weight on an exercise, it is time to change the exercise, for squats i would do a cycle of front squats and heavy leg presses... for 4-6 weeks then jump back into the squats and see what you got..

Good point. Thanks for the advice, House. Appreciate it my man.

hjayss
08-11-07, 6:26 am
I got a lot just reading your answers my question are answered..lol...

Feel The Power
08-11-07, 10:21 am
mass on the tris.. the exercise that gives me mass is the skull crusher... but dont just do them on a flat bench change it up.. i rotate them one week flat bench skulls next week decline bench skulls, next week incline bench skulls... It works for me.. also any exercise with a rope, make sure you spread the rope all the way out at the end of the exercise... i get 9-12 sets for tris to failure... also some weeks train tris with bis and then train them with chest the next coulpe weeks, then train them with shoulders, just keep moving them around...

good advice with the different angles of skull crushers.. can't wait to try that out

HOLLYWOOD2
08-11-07, 10:30 am
ya ive never even thought to do skull crushers on an incline or decline....ill def have to try that

bobbymart
08-11-07, 1:34 pm
I have a verry good trainer/workout partner he is well built and seem to knwo what he is talking about but he has a lower back injury and we never do deadlifts or squats he insists if we work harder at other exercises i can still grow big and i have made great gains since i have been working out with him what do you think? thanks in advance

Crusher
08-11-07, 7:38 pm
House, I have 3 different routines for each bodypart, how long should I stay with each routine before changing to the next one? Thanks in advance

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 7:44 pm
Good stuff House,

My questions, how do you split bodyparts off season? And if you could only hit the gym 5 days a week in the off season, how would you split bodyparts?

Good luck with the final 3 weeks of prep, we are all rooting for you.

The House
08-11-07, 9:21 pm
I have a verry good trainer/workout partner he is well built and seem to knwo what he is talking about but he has a lower back injury and we never do deadlifts or squats he insists if we work harder at other exercises i can still grow big and i have made great gains since i have been working out with him what do you think? thanks in advance

bro you can get gains with other exercises, but i would never skip the core exercises. you start to do the core exercises and you will get a better base in your training. if he does the leg press you squat... them do the second exercise together...

The House
08-11-07, 9:23 pm
House, I have 3 different routines for each bodypart, how long should I stay with each routine before changing to the next one? Thanks in advance

bro i have three different ones also, i rotate them each week... change is good keeps the body on edge..

The House
08-11-07, 9:27 pm
Good stuff House,

My questions, how do you split bodyparts off season? And if you could only hit the gym 5 days a week in the off season, how would you split bodyparts?

Good luck with the final 3 weeks of prep, we are all rooting for you.

i do many different splits, but i am going to do my split like this when i start this offseason...
day1 chest and tri
day2 back and bi
day3 rest
day4 shoulders
day5 legs
day6 rest then repeat on day seven so bodyparts will fall on different days each week..

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 9:29 pm
i do many different splits, but i am going to do my split like this when i start this offseason...
day1 chest and tri
day2 back and bi
day3 rest
day4 shoulders
day5 legs
day6 rest then repeat on day seven so bodyparts will fall on different days each week..

Thanks House, appreciate you taking the time to answer.

bobbymart
08-11-07, 10:11 pm
bro you can get gains with other exercises, but i would never skip the core exercises. you start to do the core exercises and you will get a better base in your training. if he does the leg press you squat... them do the second exercise together...

Ok so should i skip the leg press and just do squats or just incorporate squats in with my leg routine and is it the same for dead lifts also? i figure i could just get to the gym early and do them thanks for all the help

Crusher
08-12-07, 11:47 am
Do you change your reps like you change your routines each week?

Could you give one of your routines for each bodypart that you do? Thanks in advance

The House
08-12-07, 10:08 pm
Ok so should i skip the leg press and just do squats or just incorporate squats in with my leg routine and is it the same for dead lifts also? i figure i could just get to the gym early and do them thanks for all the help

just put the squats in your workout,, but do them before the leg press. remember the squat is the core so you want to be strong on it.. same with deads. nothing wrong with doing them at the end of a workout but keep them first most of the time bro..

The House
08-12-07, 10:11 pm
Do you change your reps like you change your routines each week?

Could you give one of your routines for each bodypart that you do? Thanks in advance

In season i do i rotate 12-15 reps one week, then 8 reps next week, then giant sets next week. then start over....... but in the offseason i keep it the same for a few weeks in a row so i can get stronger... like i will do 4x8's for a month then change it and so on...

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 10:11 pm
House, a question Bro. How is your family doing man? Wife and the little man doing OK? You have a great family Bro, they are competing right along with you Bro, thay are the most important members of Team House.

The House
08-12-07, 10:17 pm
House, a question Bro. How is your family doing man? Wife and the little man doing OK? You have a great family Bro, they are competing right along with you Bro, thay are the most important members of Team House.

you got that right bro.. i dont know what i would do with out the wife.. and my kid keeps me grounded.. so i dont get lost in this game.. he pulls me back into the right mind frame.. they are doing great and so team House is doing great.. thanks for asking

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 10:20 pm
you got that right bro.. i dont know what i would do with out the wife.. and my kid keeps me grounded.. so i dont get lost in this game.. he pulls me back into the right mind frame.. they are doing great and so team House is doing great.. thanks for asking

Family is #1 House, mine is more important than anything. Your family is the thing that defines you, they love you regardless of where you place in any show. Your little guy is lucky to have the Dad he does, a great role model and a good man.

jac71
08-12-07, 10:24 pm
House,
How does your pre-contest diet look like?
Thanks in advance

The House
08-12-07, 10:38 pm
House,
How does your pre-contest diet look like?
Thanks in advance

i eat 8 times a day 8oz of fish each meal... right now
i rotate my carbs zero for 5 days then one high day of 60 carbs, thats it right now very simple..

bobbymart
08-13-07, 12:23 am
just put the squats in your workout,, but do them before the leg press. remember the squat is the core so you want to be strong on it.. same with deads. nothing wrong with doing them at the end of a workout but keep them first most of the time bro..

thanks alot for the info i will definetly start throwing both of those in im sure you'll hear from me again much appreciated bro

The House
08-13-07, 6:37 am
thanks alot for the info i will definetly start throwing both of those in im sure you'll hear from me again much appreciated bro

bro anytime, remember you have a good back so dont skip the core exercises just because your trainer does not do them because of his back... get big time bro

violator
08-13-07, 8:31 am
yo house,

glad 2 hear ur gonna kick ass at the nationals!!
my question is this;
have you ever had a rotator cuff injury? & if so what kind of rehab work did u do? & what kinda warmups do u do nowadays for them?

thanks in advance bro...

peace

G Diesel
08-13-07, 9:07 am

House has a great support system and is the definition of a family man... Like I said before, he represents what is right about bodybuilding. Peace, G

krazyassmexican
08-13-07, 9:10 am
hey house
are you currently selling that black tee with a house with arms that says something like #1 house on the market?
i would love to get one

i will be proud to represent team fankhouser

G Diesel
08-13-07, 1:43 pm
hey house
are you currently selling that black tee with a house with arms that says something like #1 house on the market?
i would love to get one

That is a sweet shirt bro... I've been known to rock it with pride. Peace, G

The House
08-13-07, 9:26 pm
yo house,

glad 2 hear ur gonna kick ass at the nationals!!
my question is this;
have you ever had a rotator cuff injury? & if so what kind of rehab work did u do? & what kinda warmups do u do nowadays for them?

thanks in advance bro...

peace

bro never had that injury... but internal and external rotation exercises are good for that.... just take it easy if you got a shoulder problem, you dont want it to hurt you in the long run..

Lowdown5
08-13-07, 9:28 pm
Hey House,

In my opinion your calves are the best in the sport. Can you recommend a good routine for calves for someone in need of some serious growth. Thanks.

The House
08-13-07, 9:29 pm
That is a sweet shirt bro... I've been known to rock it with pride. Peace, G

hey house
i would love to get one

bro i wish i had more of them shirts, but that was last years shirt.. there is a new one for this season... they are on my website if you want one.. www.erikfankhouser.net i can always use some good team members... keep it real bro thanks..

The House
08-13-07, 9:33 pm
Hey House,

In my opinion your calves are the best in the sport. Can you recommend a good routine for calves for someone in need of some serious growth. Thanks.

I wrote a good article on calves if you want to read it... but all i can say is i train them to tatal failure bro.... here is the link bro read up http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=311&section=training

Lowdown5
08-13-07, 9:34 pm
I wrote a good article on calves if you want to read it... but all i can say is i train them to tatal failure bro.... here is the link bro read up http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=311&section=training

Thanks Brother, much appreciated.

BigAnt
08-13-07, 9:36 pm
Almost time Bro!

Keep doing what you do, again, re-read the brim of your hat...you put in over 100%---give it all!

And tell your baby boy to keep out of your Torrent--LOL
He is a great kid!

STAY STONG-MIND-BODY!!!

Punisher told me about your leg pictures, one word!

F R E A K Y !

Crusher
08-14-07, 1:33 pm
House, having a hard time getting my arms and legs to grow, could you give a routine for each one that you use if you dont mine? Thanks in advance

The House
08-15-07, 4:47 am
bro for arm just make sure you are overkillin them. remember you use them on most other days also.. for bi's and tri's which i am doing on the sameday right now, i pick three to four exercises each and do 4 sets on each exercise. so that is on 12-16 sets.. which is way less than all my other bodyparts.. start with mass building exercises then get into more iso exercises at the end of your workout.. as for the rep range anywhere from 8-12 works best for me...

Testpolska
08-15-07, 12:50 pm
Hey House. I got a question more pertaining to diet than training. If you don't mind spilling the beans on it, How far out from a competition do you start your prep? And leading up to the show what style of dieting approach do you take? Drop carbs by 'X' amount every 2 weeks? Carb cycle up to the show? ect.

Also I'm curious what your diet looks like when you first start your prep (Ie 12-16 weeks out).

Crusher
08-15-07, 5:17 pm
House, Is N1-T a good product to take to increase your own natural testerone?

TunaBreath
08-15-07, 10:13 pm
House I'm curious as to what your pre-bed meal is. Cottage cheese???

The House
08-16-07, 2:58 am
Hey House. I got a question more pertaining to diet than training. If you don't mind spilling the beans on it, How far out from a competition do you start your prep? And leading up to the show what style of dieting approach do you take? Drop carbs by 'X' amount every 2 weeks? Carb cycle up to the show? ect.

Also I'm curious what your diet looks like when you first start your prep (Ie 12-16 weeks out).

bro i will write it down for ya.. this weekend i will post it. it is very long and detailed.. thanks bro

The House
08-16-07, 2:59 am
House, Is N1-T a good product to take to increase your own natural testerone?

i take it and i feel a big difference, i also like ZMA stacked with it..

The House
08-16-07, 3:00 am
House I'm curious as to what your pre-bed meal is. Cottage cheese???

right now i eat 10 oz of fish for each meal, so fish.. LOL but to tell you the truth in the offseason i eat eggs before bed and in the morn....

The House
08-16-07, 8:24 pm
a thread i started.. i need some help give me some info... thanks animal brothers...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=154599#post154599

colossul
08-18-07, 6:56 pm
Hey House, I was wondering if you could post a workout for me, I'm trying to gain alot of muscle mass right now. I've pretty much tried everything. I know all the exercises, what to do etc. etc. but I want a routine set in stone I'm in the gym 2 hours a day 6 days a week and I'm getting some results but I think I might be overtraining. But if you think I'm not just tell me cause I'll do whatever it takes to get to the physique I want. I'll sweat blood. So could you post me a split that will help me put on some monster size quickly? Remember I don't care how hardcore it is, I'll do it. Whatever it takes....whatever it takes.

Testpolska
08-18-07, 9:17 pm
Hey Bro, not sure if you forgot but I'd just like to ask once more...

How far out of a show do you start your prep?

What style of dieting approach do you use? Carb cycling, drop X amount every 2 weeks ect.

Basically if you could just give me a lowdown on what a contest prep looks like for ya I'd apperciate it.

I'm not asking you to get really detailed like the weight or quanity of food, just like how many meals a day, what is your protein source and what is your carb source.

Thanks buddy I hope I'm not steppin on your toes askin this.

Oh and good luck in 2 weeks buddy. Knock em dead.

The House
08-19-07, 12:03 pm
Hey House, I was wondering if you could post a workout for me, I'm trying to gain alot of muscle mass right now. I've pretty much tried everything. I know all the exercises, what to do etc. etc. but I want a routine set in stone I'm in the gym 2 hours a day 6 days a week and I'm getting some results but I think I might be overtraining. But if you think I'm not just tell me cause I'll do whatever it takes to get to the physique I want. I'll sweat blood. So could you post me a split that will help me put on some monster size quickly? Remember I don't care how hardcore it is, I'll do it. Whatever it takes....whatever it takes.

bro, here is a split i like to use in the offseason.
day1 chest tri
day2 back bi
day3 off
day4 shoulders delts
day5 legs abs
day6 off
start over on day seven

also i only train for 60-75 min.. two hours is too long...
keep the sets pre bodypart around 12-16 big muscles 9-12 small muscles......

The House
08-19-07, 12:10 pm
Hey Bro, not sure if you forgot but I'd just like to ask once more...

What style of dieting approach do you use? Carb cycling, drop X amount every 2 weeks ect.

Basically if you could just give me a lowdown on what a contest prep looks like for ya I'd apperciate it.

I'm not asking you to get really detailed like the weight or quanity of food, just like how many meals a day, what is your protein source and what is your carb source.

Thanks buddy I hope I'm not steppin on your toes askin this.

Oh and good luck in 2 weeks buddy. Knock em dead.

"for this show i went 30 weeks contest diet....."

"i start out eating carbs with each meal and drop them as i get close.. about a 1/2 cup of rice or oats per meal at 8 meals a day. I drop them by the way i look."

" my proteins come from eggs, beef and fish.. but at the end with about 8 weeks left i am at all fish... also i go zero carb for 21 days then add some by doing hi lows... one day high five low... hi day around 150grams low day 30 grams..."

Testpolska
08-19-07, 9:25 pm
Would you say that eating 8 meals a day vs eating 6 a day would have a significant impact on fat loss? Obviously eating more frequently is a good thing, but would you say it contributes to success in losing more than eating 8vs eating 6?

Also, what does your cardio look like throughout your prep?

I appologize for the amount of questions I'm asking, but you have a hell of a physique and if possible I'd like to learn from the best.

If you don't want to answer any questions I ask just say so and I'll stop asking them.

The House
08-20-07, 7:59 am
Would you say that eating 8 meals a day vs eating 6 a day would have a significant impact on fat loss? Obviously eating more frequently is a good thing, but would you say it contributes to success in losing more than eating 8vs eating 6?

Also, what does your cardio look like throughout your prep?

I appologize for the amount of questions I'm asking, but you have a hell of a physique and if possible I'd like to learn from the best.

If you don't want to answer any questions I ask just say so and I'll stop asking them.

Meals it is a matter of time.. I have long days and i can get in eight meals but i have done 6 meals in the past. i do not see a big difference. If i was eating 6 or 8 meals it would be the same cal intake just less each meal with 8.

As for cardio, i did not do cardio this offseason.. so when i was 30 weeks out i started cardio at 30min a day 7 days a week.. then increased it slowly where i peaked out at 150min a day around 10 weeks out and then stayed at that until 4 weeks out, and started to slow it down because my condition was good, but if i was not in the condition that i wanted to be in i would have kept it up.. i slowed it down to 60 a day and that is what i am at right now at 2 weeks out. at one week out i am only going to do 30min a day.. all the way up to the show..

any time bro keep them rollin in.. In Iron The House

Testpolska
08-20-07, 10:35 am
Thanks for the info. One more question you say at 8 weeks out you use all fish meals? What type(s) of fish do you use?

Thanks for answering all these. I really apperciate it.

Crusher
08-21-07, 2:40 pm
House, I do rack pulls starting right below my knees every week when I work my back. Is it alright to do this or not? Thanks in advance

The House
08-22-07, 1:17 am
Thanks for the info. One more question you say at 8 weeks out you use all fish meals? What type(s) of fish do you use?

Thanks for answering all these. I really apperciate it.

I eat any white fish,, for the last 6 weeks i have been eating tilapia it's my fav... last year i did lots of tunna but this time around i have not even did one can of it..

The House
08-22-07, 1:22 am
House, I do rack pulls starting right below my knees every week when I work my back. Is it alright to do this or not? Thanks in advance

bro i am a big fan of the rack pulls, but it is never ok to do the same thing every week change is good... remember your body will only change if you make it change.. i do a cycle of rack pulls for a few weeks, I keep moving the pins down a few inches each week. so you are starting lower and lower each week.. and going from the floor with the deadlift on the last phase...

norrim1
08-22-07, 1:28 am
Hey House, I'm doing some bicep work tomorrow and I was wondering if you have any routines that can really add some thickness especially to the outer portion of your bicep.

Crusher
08-22-07, 4:53 pm
Routine#1 Routine#2 Routine#3

Wide-grip chins Pulldown close-grip Rack pulls
Rack pulls Reverse-grip rows DB Rows
Barbell rows H/S pulldown Close-grip pull-ups
T-bar rows Rack pulls DB pullover

This is my 3 different routines I do for back. Since its not a good idea to do rack pulls everyweek what can I do in its place, and how often should I do them? The power racks at my gym dont go any lower than two inches below the knee, so I cant put it any lower each week. Thanks in advance

Crusher
08-22-07, 4:59 pm
Routine#1
Wide grip chins
Rack pulls
barbell rows
T-bar rows

Routine#2
pulldown close-grip
reverse grip rows
H/S pulldown
Rack pulls

Routine#3
Rack pulls
DB rows
close grip pull-ups
DB pullovers

House, here is my routines again since it all raned together on my last post.

The House
08-23-07, 1:58 am
Hey House, I'm doing some bicep work tomorrow and I was wondering if you have any routines that can really add some thickness especially to the outer portion of your bicep.

i think you can not go wrong with the straight bar standing curl for overall mass. and if you want to hit the outside i would do hammers and hammers crossing your body, and rev curls on a preacher bench. that should do the trick. and finish it up with your fav iso exercise mine is the one arm spider curl..

The House
08-23-07, 2:03 am
Routine#1 Routine#2 Routine#3

Wide-grip chins Pulldown close-grip Rack pulls
Rack pulls Reverse-grip rows DB Rows
Barbell rows H/S pulldown Close-grip pull-ups
T-bar rows Rack pulls DB pullover

This is my 3 different routines I do for back. Since its not a good idea to do rack pulls everyweek what can I do in its place, and how often should I do them? The power racks at my gym dont go any lower than two inches below the knee, so I cant put it any lower each week. Thanks in advance
I would do deads alt deads with rack pulls each time. workout one deads, workout two rack pulls, workout three deads, back to workout one but do rack pulls, ect. so it cahnges each week with the different exercises you do.. change is good.. i would throw in some good morns and some back ext. some where in there to...

Feel The Power
08-23-07, 12:51 pm
Hey house.. quick question. i know in the offseason we pound water, but when your cutting for a show how much water do you take in?? just curious since i know you try to dry up a good bit. thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Crusher
08-23-07, 7:55 pm
I would do deads alt deads with rack pulls each time. workout one deads, workout two rack pulls, workout three deads, back to workout one but do rack pulls, ect. so it cahnges each week with the different exercises you do.. change is good.. i would throw in some good morns and some back ext. some where in there to...

House, Not able to do deads from the floor. Would it be alright to do rack pulls two inches below the knee workout one, then workout two raise the bar a few notches, then go back to pulls below the knee workout three, etc. Thanks in advance

The House
08-24-07, 1:31 am
Hey house.. quick question. i know in the offseason we pound water, but when your cutting for a show how much water do you take in?? just curious since i know you try to dry up a good bit. thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

in the offseason i only take in around 1-1.5 gallons of water... when i am cutting i drink more water the closer i get to a show more. at two weeks out my water intake is 2-2.5 gallons mybe 3 if i need to push more out but three is a lot i can handle 3 i have work my way up to it at this point. dont go drinking 3 gals because it will only back fire and i dont know how much you weigh... but when cuttin i tell some one that does not have or hold tons of water to drink 1.5-2 gallons of water is good enough..

The House
08-24-07, 1:34 am
House, Not able to do deads from the floor. Would it be alright to do rack pulls two inches below the knee workout one, then workout two raise the bar a few notches, then go back to pulls below the knee workout three, etc. Thanks in advance

did not know that bro... yes it will do the same as long as you are changing the postion of the bar from time to time so you can move more weight, it can only make you stronger.. also try different hand postions.. i like to go with a wide grip from time to time it pulls on the lats and traps real good.

Feel The Power
08-25-07, 10:55 am
in the offseason i only take in around 1-1.5 gallons of water... when i am cutting i drink more water the closer i get to a show more. at two weeks out my water intake is 2-2.5 gallons mybe 3 if i need to push more out but three is a lot i can handle 3 i have work my way up to it at this point. dont go drinking 3 gals because it will only back fire and i dont know how much you weigh... but when cuttin i tell some one that does not have or hold tons of water to drink 1.5-2 gallons of water is good enough..

thanks for the tips. i appreciate it. i usually bulk up to around 230... and cut down to 200lb. right now i am around 210.

The House
08-26-07, 5:27 am
thanks for the tips. i appreciate it. i usually bulk up to around 230... and cut down to 200lb. right now i am around 210.

anytime bro We are all together in this game.. anything i can do just ask... that goes for all the brothers of iron out there.

The House
08-28-07, 12:53 am
Just wanted to let you guys know they intreviewed me on bb.com. look at it am tell me what you think... the show is very soon, i am ready and will do all of us proud here at Animal.. we are all brothers in Iron in the best sport ever... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik63.htm

Testpolska
08-28-07, 11:57 am
Good read bro. I like how you were honest with the interview. You see alot of guys spittin bullshit, you tell it like it is, your one hell of a bodybuilder and one hell of a family man it seems. Mad respect for that brotha.

Lowdown5
08-28-07, 1:47 pm
Good read bro. I like how you were honest with the interview. You see alot of guys spittin bullshit, you tell it like it is, your one hell of a bodybuilder and one hell of a family man it seems. Mad respect for that brotha.

Truth spoken right there.

Crusher
08-28-07, 9:28 pm
Awesome interview Bro

prowrestler
08-29-07, 1:28 pm
hey man, i was wondering if you could help me out on a few things.
first is my chest does not seem to grow. it gets stronger but i cant seem to get a deeper/thicker look.i think its my upper pecs that are lagging so i swithched to doing 4 sets of 30 degree incline bb press,4 sets db press and flies on a 60 degree bench. then dips for 4 sets for lower pecs, weighted pushup or pec deck for mid chest, 4 sets, then just last weak i started supersetting cable crossovers with standing db flies for 4 sets.

my next question is calves. i think my quads make them look worse because my quads are a strong bodypart for me, where my calves are shit. they simply dont grow. im not sure if you ever had small calves in your life time because yours are simply the biggest ive ever seen, ( probably bigger then ronnies). i think its consistency thats my calve problem. i cant ever go more then a month without missing a calve work out. only in the past year a realized low reps dont do so well for calves, my calves are strong now, dense but lack any real mass to em. ive been missing calve work outs since january because of 4 knee inguries from pro wrestling, no im back and hope i can get my calves to start growing. what do you recomend, i have read your articles on calves too.

Testpolska
08-29-07, 1:55 pm
You better be posting those shots from the show up bro. I'm really excited to see how this one turns out. Espically those legs of yours. Reguardless of how it goes down, mad respect here brotha.

RoadPigJohn
08-29-07, 5:24 pm
Your diet looks extreme House... I read all the post here and wow, 8 times a day fish, 5 days with no carbs and the carb up days just 60 grs, DEMN....

Since you are in that kind of diet during the last month before contest, what supplements do you use during that month?

And also must important what supplements do you use during the last week before contest...

I´m hitting the squad exercice in the smith machine going lower with my hams touching my calves at every rep, And I notice lot of improvements in my hamstrings area, do you squad like that?

Best luck at the NPC North American this saturday House.

Crusher
08-29-07, 10:31 pm
House, how long should you stay on N1-T & ZMA before cycling off, an for how long on each one? Thanks in advance

Ox
09-02-07, 1:58 am
Eric-

I just checked the results from the show and saw that you took your class, the show, and the pro-card. That's such a huge accomplishment and I offer you my most sincere congratulations. I couldn't be happier than to see it go to you as you are a genuine guy and a hard worker. That and your with Universal! Hahaha. But seriously, that's something so fucking huge and something that you must be so proud of you must be blown away. You looked insane and to know that you were properly rewarded is great. Congratulations again. That's big! Enjoy.

Evan

Feel The Power
09-02-07, 12:05 pm
Your diet looks extreme House... I read all the post here and wow, 8 times a day fish, 5 days with no carbs and the carb up days just 60 grs, DEMN....

Since you are in that kind of diet during the last month before contest, what supplements do you use during that month?

And also must important what supplements do you use during the last week before contest...

I´m hitting the squad exercice in the smith machine going lower with my hams touching my calves at every rep, And I notice lot of improvements in my hamstrings area, do you squad like that?

Best luck at the NPC North American this saturday House.
-----------------------------------

All I want to say real quick is congrats and thanks for being open with all the questions we throw at you. You seem like a down to earth guy and a hard ass worker.. It shows that if you want it bad enough you can do it. Thats some good dedication and I agree with john here... a extreme diet, but you gotta do what you gotta do.. and your proof that it pays off!! Now enjoy that big ass pizza. lol.

Crusher
09-02-07, 1:10 pm
House, congratulations on winning the show and the pro card. You looked incredible Bro.

Lowdown5
09-02-07, 1:16 pm
House, my question is simple. How fuckin excited are you following your win?

Congrats Bro, you deserved it for all the hard work and dedication.

brandonA
09-02-07, 1:36 pm
Fuck yea HOUSE..way to be bro...huge fucking congrats...

-B

prowrestler
09-02-07, 6:47 pm
way to get that pro card house. your livin a dream. lets show these pros how its done ANIMAL style! good job HOUSE!

Redman
09-04-07, 9:34 am
Awesome that you got your Pro Card and won 1st Overall. I just saw the results this morning and I think it's awesome that all your work paid off. Can't wait for your next contest to come around.

Brutus_515
09-04-07, 9:56 am
Hey congrats on your win man....looks like "you are you maker"...couldnt go to a better person...watched both your interviews on MD...after your win you looked like you were on cloud nine!!!.....cant wait to see you at your guest pose in at the Mid Atlantic in a few weeks.....is your trainer the promoter for the show?...any how congrats again and live it up you deserved it...

Flash419
09-04-07, 10:57 am
Great job Saturday! The IFBB has it's newest PRO!

I've seen the pics from the show and you looked incredible. You had it won when you showed up. Everyone else was competeing for second place.

Show everyone how an Animal does it!

Again Congradulations!

TunaBreath
09-04-07, 12:24 pm
Congratulations Erik. Saw the posters Sunday morning at TBS they had put up congratulating you.

There are plenty of pics/vids over on MD.

naturalguy
09-04-07, 3:25 pm
Congrats House, I am very happy for you. It's a great accomplishment, well deserved!

JUGGERNAUT
09-04-07, 4:19 pm
Congrats, can't imagine anyone was a close second to you... Uniquely huge and cut...

antish
09-05-07, 1:27 am
damn. that back double b would make even dorian and ronnie look at it twice.

hjayss
09-05-07, 1:33 am
Congrats bro..

The House
09-05-07, 8:59 pm
Just wanted to let everyone know the House is back home and glad to see all of the brothers of Iron giving all the support.. I have been on cloud nine for a few days and still dont know what has happen to me.. thanks for everything and i could not have done it without my corrner men... that is everyone on here.. you guys helped the house rock the house and turn pro.. just remember you are your maker..

jac71
09-05-07, 9:09 pm
Welcome back bro and CONGRAT's on the pro card and the show!!
You are truly a role model and an inspiration!!

violator
09-06-07, 6:29 am
Yo House,
U r ur maker, & u fuckin made it to the big time brother, congrats, u deserve every bit of it, lead the way....

peace

Nightshift
09-06-07, 6:39 am
In the interveiw afterwards, it shows your son witha stranglehold on your trophy. Has he let you hold it since? LOL

teethoflions
09-08-07, 2:42 pm
Off season cardio...Good or bad?

I eat frequently and big portions... Its the only way i like to do things...

Ive tried smaller portion sizes and different frequency but ive come to the conclusion that my body is just flat out pissed if i dont give a nice meal to munch on every 2 hours...

that being said i also dont want to get too heavy in the off season.. and i actually enjoy a little bit a cardio sometimes...

im still eating clean just alot of it and i do cardio about 3 -4 days a week right now. Low to medium intensity on a stationary bike or stepmill.

in my off season quest to add improvements, do you think 30 minutes of cardio 6 - 7 days a week would be a stupid idea?

thanks for your time, and congratulations on your pro card!

The House
09-09-07, 2:00 pm
In the interveiw afterwards, it shows your son witha stranglehold on your trophy. Has he let you hold it since? LOL

No i told him he could have it.. i just wanted the card LOL....

The House
09-09-07, 2:02 pm
Off season cardio...Good or bad?

I eat frequently and big portions... Its the only way i like to do things...

Ive tried smaller portion sizes and different frequency but ive come to the conclusion that my body is just flat out pissed if i dont give a nice meal to munch on every 2 hours...

that being said i also dont want to get too heavy in the off season.. and i actually enjoy a little bit a cardio sometimes...

im still eating clean just alot of it and i do cardio about 3 -4 days a week right now. Low to medium intensity on a stationary bike or stepmill.

in my off season quest to add improvements, do you think 30 minutes of cardio 6 - 7 days a week would be a stupid idea?

thanks for your time, and congratulations on your pro card!

Bro i never did a ton of cardio in the off season in the past, but as i learn my body more i know i need to. this offseason i am going to do cardio so i stay tighter... i will do 30 min sessions when i feel i am spilling over of feel slugish.. you got to feel your body...

The House
09-09-07, 2:03 pm
Is anyone going to the O... Just wanted to know.. also i am doing a guest posing in WV on the 22nd of september it is going to kick some ass i am going to rock the stage as the newest Pro.. let me know if anyone is going to go i will get you some Universal goodies.... hope to see you guys there.. In Iron the House

Renegade223
09-09-07, 3:40 pm
House.

First and foremost congrats once again on the pro card, you deserve it man.

My question is about your off season.
Your rebound into growth is one of my favorite articles on the site.
So I was wondering, now with the pro card and all, is it another off season and time to take advantage of that rebound, or do you have to stay in contest shape for appearances?

Renegade.

TunaBreath
09-09-07, 9:00 pm
Is anyone going to the O... Just wanted to know.. also i am doing a guest posing in WV on the 22nd of september it is going to kick some ass i am going to rock the stage as the newest Pro.. let me know if anyone is going to go i will get you some Universal goodies.... hope to see you guys there.. In Iron the House

That'd be awesome if you could hook me up with some stuff. I'm planning on going.

born0withno0soul
09-09-07, 10:15 pm
congrats bud, as everyone stated you truely earned your card. just make sure you get your ass to denver sometime soon

Crusher
09-09-07, 10:26 pm
House, is it alright to make egg whites the night before, then just reheat them in the morning for breakfast?

Nightshift
09-10-07, 6:57 am
What show are you eyeing for your Pro debut?

Feel The Power
09-10-07, 1:08 pm
House,

Can't make the O, but i'm saving my time off work for the Arnold Classic so make sure you save some animal goodies for us then. Just a quick question while i'm on here. Do you ever use those sugar free energy drinks?? I have been hooked on them lately and wonder if you think its ok to use before the gym to get you ready. I haven't used them until recently again. I did take animal cuts last year and I know that has alot of caffiene in it so have been laying low on the caffiene since then. Let me know what you think. They have no sugar or carbs and loaded with B vitamins. By the way.. still looking great!!

Feel The Power!

Reacher34
09-10-07, 4:42 pm
House,

Can't make the O, but i'm saving my time off work for the Arnold Classic so make sure you save some animal goodies for us then.
Feel The Power!

Same here. I'm from Ohio and have gone to the classic the past two years. I'm in Atlanta now, but I'm saving up for a plane ticket. They always have plenty goodies for us and the Cage is the best setup in the whole place. Looking forward to seeing you there House.

flamey40
09-10-07, 4:53 pm
congrats on the win House, well deserved.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to the Cage and I'm prolly not gunna be able to go anytime soon because of work, school, etc. Plus I live too far away. I know this isn't really important in bodybuilding because I know your conditioning is first and foremost. But what do your arms measure, and how are the measurements for your quads? I've always wondered and would like to meet some Animal Reps in person to see how big you really are but since I can't, this would give me a general idea. Thanks.

BigDaddy21
09-10-07, 6:08 pm
i never really took a bulk seriously because i use to be a fat kid...so i always was trying to put on lean mass, and size did come but i know its not my potential and in order to see what my body is made of i knew the answer is a good bulk. i was planning on starting now till the end of november-december. i wanted to ask you what your off season diet is going to look like...are you going to substitute meals with shakes, how often do ya cheat, and etc. thanks man, and cant wait to see more of ya on the stage and in magazines bro.

p.s. its pumpkin pie season :) perfect time for a bulk

mikeveli
09-10-07, 6:40 pm

I live in Vegas, so I'll be at the O.

ShaqFu
09-10-07, 6:57 pm
House you are the fucking man. And while your physique is superior, I'm talking more about your mental state than your physical one. Your attitude is not only talior made for body-building, but also for life. When you say, 'you are your maker', you place everything in your hands. Your actions, words, everything that you find meaning in, is SOLEY derived from yourself. By stating that you are your own maker, not only do you deny the role of a higher power (which I applaud), but you place all responsibility and possible blame on yourself. That is true accountability, and more importantly, true authenticity. An authentic life is one is which you reject the notion that your values and meanings are grounded in higher powers or socially acceptable ideas, and substitute your own individual values as the guiding light in your life. I know he's been dead for a very long time, but Friederich Nietzsche would be very proud of you since you have been so successful in living an authentic life, especially in this day and age. Keep it up man, your future is in your, and only your, hands.

bigbull52
09-10-07, 9:33 pm
House, I am 6"4" (tall for an animal) and about 250.. I feel I have a solid foundation for my chest and can throw up some serious dumbbells...but whenever I get on the barbell I can hardly put 3 plates on there without it crushing me...I feel like it is really holding my chest back from some serious mass.... What can I do to balance this out??

TufffGuY
09-10-07, 9:39 pm
House, I am 6"4" (tall for an animal) and about 250.. I feel I have a solid foundation for my chest and can throw up some serious dumbbells...but whenever I get on the barbell I can hardly put 3 plates on there without it crushing me...I feel like it is really holding my chest back from some serious mass.... What can I do to balance this out??

I fell ya man, im better on incline db then flat bb lol

live2lift
09-11-07, 1:06 pm
No question from me brotha...I actually just wanted to say thanks for the great article on the site about winning your procard. Congrats on winning that card, you deserve it. Reading an article like that, especially when I am getting ready for my next show in Nov is really inspriring. That article really hit home and kinda cleared my head up on what I am working so hard for. Damn you can't help but love this sport and this forum for being able to ask guys like you and Vinny questions about anything is absolutely priceless. Much respect brotha and thank you for all you do. Peace.

Roland
09-11-07, 9:52 pm
Brother....Just wanted to congratulate you on signing with MD and having your own column and also ONCE AGAIN for your pro card. You are a solid ass fucking dude man, work hard, dedicated, I look up to you bro, thanks for all the motivation and keep up the awesome fucking work HOUSE, hopefully we can meet one day, Peace brotha.

violator
09-12-07, 2:48 am
Yo House,
You are your maker bro, & uve fuckin made it big time, congrats on the overall & the card, loved ur new article on the main site, ur a true representation of what it means to have a goal & work to achieving it....
Keep living ur dreams bro, we'll all be watching as they come true...

Big ups & mad respect....

peace

bharatoza
09-12-07, 8:35 am
Hey House! Congrats on the big win. It's well-deserved for sure.

I have a question. I was watching your video here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalvideos12.htm

You are doing lunges across the room. But I noticed at every rep, your knees go way beyond your toes. I know for a fact that it puts a lot of stress on the knees. To me, that is bad form.

Is that intentional? What's the reason behind that?

Thank you.

StockRock
09-12-07, 11:15 am
So house.. how long till you're up there with Jay and Ronnie? Im counting the days when I can say I saw him grow from the start.

warrior_89
09-12-07, 12:11 pm
House,
Since you do have the experience of being both a football player and a bodybuilder, whats something you've learned while training to be a pro that you wished you knew while still playing football?

CofRed14
09-12-07, 2:02 pm
Sup House? A couple things . . . first congratulations on the pro card. To reach that level in only 3 years took shows how dedicated you really are. Best of luck in your future contests.

And second is my question. I saw earlier in this thread you advised another member of the forum to do squats before leg press on leg day because it is a core exercise. However, I've also read an article by Machine where he says to do leg extensions and leg press before squats. I wanted to ask what your placement of exercises is on leg day. Squats first always or do you switch it up from week to week?

This summer my most frequent rotation was leg extension - hack squat - leg press - squat - hams. My current rotation is leg extensions - squat - leg press/hack squat superset - hams. What's your opinion on these?

alex!!
09-12-07, 2:46 pm
hows it going man! listen im only training a year but im so into my training its ridiculous! everywhere seems to be growing at a great rate except my arms..mainly my bicep i train my arms once a week and i bout 3-4 exercises for my bicep and my tricep any pointers on how to get em t grow...?

darkstyle
09-12-07, 4:28 pm
Hey bro, how ya doing. Congrats on the Procard. I just need some advice on what your cutting diet looks like and how you manipulate calories and carbs and such. If you don't mind could you post it or a sample up so I could take notes. I have a show in 6 weeks and need all the advice I can get, still got alot of bodyfat to get off. I plan on doing alot more competitions in the future this is just my first.

cagedmonster
09-12-07, 9:36 pm
hey house where did you play your ball at?

cviewmike851
09-12-07, 11:37 pm
House I saw your new pics and congrats on the pro status. Im going to be at your guest shoot outside of Wheeling. My question is your a monster how long have you been lifting?

The House
09-13-07, 7:15 pm
House.

First and foremost congrats once again on the pro card, you deserve it man.

My question is about your off season.
Your rebound into growth is one of my favorite articles on the site.
So I was wondering, now with the pro card and all, is it another off season and time to take advantage of that rebound, or do you have to stay in contest shape for appearances?

Renegade.

i am going to rebound.. in october bro.. after photo shoots

The House
09-13-07, 7:17 pm
House, is it alright to make egg whites the night before, then just reheat them in the morning for breakfast?

i do but i use, lana's egg whites

The House
09-13-07, 7:17 pm
What show are you eyeing for your Pro debut?

taking some time... off

The House
09-13-07, 7:19 pm
House,

Can't make the O, but i'm saving my time off work for the Arnold Classic so make sure you save some animal goodies for us then. Just a quick question while i'm on here. Do you ever use those sugar free energy drinks?? I have been hooked on them lately and wonder if you think its ok to use before the gym to get you ready. I haven't used them until recently again. I did take animal cuts last year and I know that has alot of caffiene in it so have been laying low on the caffiene since then. Let me know what you think. They have no sugar or carbs and loaded with B vitamins. By the way.. still looking great!!

Feel The Power!

i take pump... or shock

The House
09-13-07, 7:20 pm
congrats on the win House, well deserved.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to the Cage and I'm prolly not gunna be able to go anytime soon because of work, school, etc. Plus I live too far away. I know this isn't really important in bodybuilding because I know your conditioning is first and foremost. But what do your arms measure, and how are the measurements for your quads? I've always wondered and would like to meet some Animal Reps in person to see how big you really are but since I can't, this would give me a general idea. Thanks.

Just depends... but arm 22 in the offseason, and quads 32 in off season

The House
09-13-07, 7:22 pm
i never really took a bulk seriously because i use to be a fat kid...so i always was trying to put on lean mass, and size did come but i know its not my potential and in order to see what my body is made of i knew the answer is a good bulk. i was planning on starting now till the end of november-december. i wanted to ask you what your off season diet is going to look like...are you going to substitute meals with shakes, how often do ya cheat, and etc. thanks man, and cant wait to see more of ya on the stage and in magazines bro.

p.s. its pumpkin pie season :) perfect time for a bulk

i dont know yet i want to keep it clean this offseason, but have a cheat day once a week,, pumpkin pie is my fav.. lol

The House
09-13-07, 7:27 pm
I fell ya man, im better on incline db then flat bb lol

thats what i do... i do most incline work.. dont worry about the weight you push,, worry about the pump and recovery and you will grow

The House
09-13-07, 7:31 pm
Hey House! Congrats on the big win. It's well-deserved for sure.

I have a question. I was watching your video here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalvideos12.htm

You are doing lunges across the room. But I noticed at every rep, your knees go way beyond your toes. I know for a fact that it puts a lot of stress on the knees. To me, that is bad form.

Is that intentional? What's the reason behind that?

Thank you.
to each his own.. i feel i get a good contraction doing it this way.. when i do them in place i dont let it go past..

The House
09-13-07, 7:33 pm
So house.. how long till you're up there with Jay and Ronnie? Im counting the days when I can say I saw him grow from the start.

bro whats up.. you never know i might be hitting shots with them soon.. LOL but no for real they are on a level of thier own.. i will be there soon it just takes time...

The House
09-13-07, 7:36 pm
House,
Since you do have the experience of being both a football player and a bodybuilder, whats something you've learned while training to be a pro that you wished you knew while still playing football?

i wish that when i was training for football i would have let my ego go, of how much weight i was pushing.. because i got much stronger and bigger training with less weight and better form as a bodybuilder...

The House
09-13-07, 7:38 pm
Sup House? A couple things . . . first congratulations on the pro card. To reach that level in only 3 years took shows how dedicated you really are. Best of luck in your future contests.

And second is my question. I saw earlier in this thread you advised another member of the forum to do squats before leg press on leg day because it is a core exercise. However, I've also read an article by Machine where he says to do leg extensions and leg press before squats. I wanted to ask what your placement of exercises is on leg day. Squats first always or do you switch it up from week to week?

This summer my most frequent rotation was leg extension - hack squat - leg press - squat - hams. My current rotation is leg extensions - squat - leg press/hack squat superset - hams. What's your opinion on these?

i change it all the time... some days i will do squats at the end of the workout... somedays at the start.. i just keep my body guessin

The House
09-13-07, 7:40 pm
hows it going man! listen im only training a year but im so into my training its ridiculous! everywhere seems to be growing at a great rate except my arms..mainly my bicep i train my arms once a week and i bout 3-4 exercises for my bicep and my tricep any pointers on how to get em t grow...?

i found that if i need a change i split my arms up, do bis on a different day than tris.. for awhile then change it back to just an arm day to shock the body..

The House
09-13-07, 7:42 pm
Hey bro, how ya doing. Congrats on the Procard. I just need some advice on what your cutting diet looks like and how you manipulate calories and carbs and such. If you don't mind could you post it or a sample up so I could take notes. I have a show in 6 weeks and need all the advice I can get, still got alot of bodyfat to get off. I plan on doing alot more competitions in the future this is just my first.

i do different carb rotations a t six weeks out,, a high day then a med day then a low day then a zero day.. and repeat.. also at the end i go zero carbs fro teh last 21 days... of prep

The House
09-13-07, 7:43 pm
hey house where did you play your ball at?

WLSC in WV

The House
09-13-07, 7:44 pm
House I saw your new pics and congrats on the pro status. Im going to be at your guest shoot outside of Wheeling. My question is your a monster how long have you been lifting?

i started in the 6th grade... but for bodybuilding 3 years..

StockRock
09-13-07, 8:25 pm
bro you are my inspiration, my favorite Pro is Gunter... Im starting investing my intrests in you. Take it to the next level house. Ill be watching.

cviewmike851
09-13-07, 10:14 pm
Only 3 years. I woulda thought with your physique it would take longer. Do you think all people with proper nutrition and dedication to training can be as big as you or do you think you and people like wrath are genetically gifted?

zer0her0
09-14-07, 12:06 am
hello all .. just a few questions House if you would .. My original routine for the last 8 weeks has been hitting 1 muscle group once per week ... well just recently I thought why not change things up so I'm in my first week of this new split I started. I've been pounding each muscle twice a week now .. I've been sure to keep dead lifts to a max of once a week, and all my muscles feel good to go and pumped.. sometimes I am soar but nothing fixes that like a good nights rest and when I wake up I'm good to go.. What I was wondering is am I "over training" ??? I do roughly 9-12 sets per muscle group twice a week . I train everyday also and my workouts are roughly an hour and a half long including warmup/stretching.. I just want to make sure I'm not putting my muscles in a state where they basically "eat themselves" .. also do you think you could please suggest a routine that would suit a young animal for mass building its time to bulk up for me..that is if you dont think my split is going to benefit me..

any feedback would be appreciated . thanx bro

Squat_Heavy
09-14-07, 10:21 am
Is your last name Fankhouser?

The House
09-17-07, 7:35 am
Only 3 years. I woulda thought with your physique it would take longer. Do you think all people with proper nutrition and dedication to training can be as big as you or do you think you and people like wrath are genetically gifted?

I think with diet and training if you can get the best you can get.. then you have won.. genes only tell you what you will look like when you have the right diet and nutition.. you can not controll that so jsut do what you can do.. it makes it easier for some people, but that is life suck it up and worry about what you can control...

The House
09-17-07, 7:45 am
hello all .. just a few questions House if you would .. My original routine for the last 8 weeks has been hitting 1 muscle group once per week ... well just recently I thought why not change things up so I'm in my first week of this new split I started. I've been pounding each muscle twice a week now .. I've been sure to keep dead lifts to a max of once a week, and all my muscles feel good to go and pumped.. sometimes I am soar but nothing fixes that like a good nights rest and when I wake up I'm good to go.. What I was wondering is am I "over training" ??? I do roughly 9-12 sets per muscle group twice a week . I train everyday also and my workouts are roughly an hour and a half long including warmup/stretching.. I just want to make sure I'm not putting my muscles in a state where they basically "eat themselves" .. also do you think you could please suggest a routine that would suit a young animal for mass building its time to bulk up for me..that is if you dont think my split is going to benefit me..

any feedback would be appreciated . thanx bro
make sure you are eating good solid foods bro, when you are training hard like this you need fuel.. your body will tell you when you need a break, listen to it. time and sets seem good to me

The House
09-17-07, 7:46 am
Is your last name Fankhouser?

My name is The House.. LOL just kiddin bro, yes Erik Fankhouser...

MickMars
09-17-07, 7:57 am
Hey House,

I find it hard to put on mass+width on my lats. I have been training for slightly more than a year. Currently, on back day, I would do 3 sets of close grip chin-ups, 3 sets of wide grip chinups, 3 sets of chinup to the back, barbell rows, t-bar rows/cable rows and deadlifts. Occasionally I will do some lat pull downs. I have been told by some senior members at my gym to do 3 sets of chinup everytime before I start working out regardless whether I'm exercising back or not, it seems that by doing so I can add width+mass to my lats.

What would you recommend me do? I'm kinda 'disgusted' by the look of my lats. HELP!!!

Squat_Heavy
09-17-07, 10:32 am
My name is The House.. LOL just kiddin bro, yes Erik Fankhouser...

I was right then! Somebody opened a thread about a new ifbb pro in a Norwegian fitnessboard i post on, and i saw a pic of a guy named fankhouser and an animalpak beanie. So i was like, waaaait. Fankhouser --> The House. Gotta ask the man.

Great pysique you have bro, insane legs and calves. Are you one of those who never train calves?

Crusher
09-17-07, 4:32 pm
House, I have been taking N1-T and ZMA for awhile now. When Im done with the bottles do I need to cycle off, and if so for how long? And do you need to take anything while taking a break from N1-T if needed? Thanks in advance.

Redman
09-18-07, 1:02 pm
Would you recommend using white potatos as a normal carb source during the off-season or just keep them PWO? I get tired of sweet potatos real quick and I've heard mixed things about regular potatos as carb sources. Also, during the off-season or during a cut, is white rice OK or should I go straight brown rice?

The House
09-18-07, 8:44 pm
Hey House,

I find it hard to put on mass+width on my lats. I have been training for slightly more than a year. Currently, on back day, I would do 3 sets of close grip chin-ups, 3 sets of wide grip chinups, 3 sets of chinup to the back, barbell rows, t-bar rows/cable rows and deadlifts. Occasionally I will do some lat pull downs. I have been told by some senior members at my gym to do 3 sets of chinup everytime before I start working out regardless whether I'm exercising back or not, it seems that by doing so I can add width+mass to my lats.

What would you recommend me do? I'm kinda 'disgusted' by the look of my lats. HELP!!!
it takes time bro... wide pull downs for width and bent row and deads for thickness. also try my new fav barbell pull-overs..

The House
09-18-07, 8:48 pm
I was right then! Somebody opened a thread about a new ifbb pro in a Norwegian fitnessboard i post on, and i saw a pic of a guy named fankhouser and an animalpak beanie. So i was like, waaaait. Fankhouser --> The House. Gotta ask the man.

Great pysique you have bro, insane legs and calves. Are you one of those who never train calves?

thats me i always got my Animal gear on.... i won the North Americans and turned Pro a few weeks back... training legs and calves.. LOL i train my calves from time to time.. when they start to get under 23 inches i train them LOL... no for real i stimulate them on leg day.. but i have trained them hard in the past no joke,,,

The House
09-18-07, 8:49 pm
House, I have been taking N1-T and ZMA for awhile now. When Im done with the bottles do I need to cycle off, and if so for how long? And do you need to take anything while taking a break from N1-T if needed? Thanks in advance.

I take both of them also bro.. i cycle them off for a few weeks because when i get back on them it hits me harded and i see better gains that way..

The House
09-18-07, 8:51 pm
Would you recommend using white potatos as a normal carb source during the off-season or just keep them PWO? I get tired of sweet potatos real quick and I've heard mixed things about regular potatos as carb sources. Also, during the off-season or during a cut, is white rice OK or should I go straight brown rice?

most people use the white potato or rice after the workout, but i like to keep my solid carbs to oats no matter what time of the day.. oats just work better for me than anything... to each his own... i carsh when i take in white carbs,,

Yasir
09-18-07, 11:24 pm
Hey House! hou doin bro? well i have a coupla questions for u...

The first 1 is training related...i can perform every exercise there is in the book except for 1...Db pullovers...i cant do it...whenever i do it...in the beginning of my chest workout or at the end...the problem is when ever i do it i feel this shootong pain in my shoulder..all the time..only this 1 exercide..

The 2nd question..well i have been on a cut for a 3 weeks now...lost a alotta weight...i see my body gettin in to shape...i look skinny as fuck...but the thing is..i still dun have tt hardness im lookin for...i dunno y..its pretty frustrationg...im shrinkin....i dun think im losin alotta muscle..but i jus feel like i need to diet a lil more to get the deep cuts im lookin for....but then again ill look skinny as fuck if i keep on cutting...i really need ur opinion on this..
Thnks!

Redman
09-19-07, 8:46 am
Thanks bro. You got a schedule somewhere of where you'll be making guest posing appearances? If not, gonna be making any stops close to say...Oklahoma lol. I know, way out of the way, but there is a chance.

abefroman35
09-20-07, 8:14 am
yo house read some of your articles, very interesting - but right now I am doing a strength/bulk routine, each muscle group gets 5x5 - 3x8 - 3x12 - I am going to change my routine next month and I was wondering if I should just keep the reps per muscle group around 8 to 12? and Should I add weight on every set, where the last set I am pushing as hard as I can to get it? or do you think I should just keep doing 5x5? and just change the exercises and stuff? thanks man

The House
09-20-07, 8:32 pm
Hey House! hou doin bro? well i have a coupla questions for u...

The first 1 is training related...i can perform every exercise there is in the book except for 1...Db pullovers...i cant do it...whenever i do it...in the beginning of my chest workout or at the end...the problem is when ever i do it i feel this shootong pain in my shoulder..all the time..only this 1 exercide..

The 2nd question..well i have been on a cut for a 3 weeks now...lost a alotta weight...i see my body gettin in to shape...i look skinny as fuck...but the thing is..i still dun have tt hardness im lookin for...i dunno y..its pretty frustrationg...im shrinkin....i dun think im losin alotta muscle..but i jus feel like i need to diet a lil more to get the deep cuts im lookin for....but then again ill look skinny as fuck if i keep on cutting...i really need ur opinion on this..
Thnks!

try the barbell pullover or did you ever do it with a cable or lat push downs work good. bro about the cuts it could be water or time bro. sometime you need to cut down then gain some back, then cut down again. and each time you will look better.

The House
09-20-07, 8:33 pm
Thanks bro. You got a schedule somewhere of where you'll be making guest posing appearances? If not, gonna be making any stops close to say...Oklahoma lol. I know, way out of the way, but there is a chance.

on my website.
www.erikfankhouser.net

The House
09-20-07, 8:35 pm
yo house read some of your articles, very interesting - but right now I am doing a strength/bulk routine, each muscle group gets 5x5 - 3x8 - 3x12 - I am going to change my routine next month and I was wondering if I should just keep the reps per muscle group around 8 to 12? and Should I add weight on every set, where the last set I am pushing as hard as I can to get it? or do you think I should just keep doing 5x5? and just change the exercises and stuff? thanks man
I like 4sets of 8 on each core exercise , and 3sets of 10 on the other exercises. get around 16 sets on major muscles and 12 on smaller..

Feel The Power
09-24-07, 9:17 am
House,

I've read all your diet posts and just wondered this.. you said last 21 days no carbs.. so even none before and after your workouts?? just wanted to check on that so I can add it to my memory bank for when I do my cut. lol. What kind of diet are you on these days? still staying lean or bulking? just curious. Take care and Thanks!

Feel The Power

The House
09-24-07, 8:31 pm
House,

I've read all your diet posts and just wondered this.. you said last 21 days no carbs.. so even none before and after your workouts?? just wanted to check on that so I can add it to my memory bank for when I do my cut. lol. What kind of diet are you on these days? still staying lean or bulking? just curious. Take care and Thanks!

Feel The Power

true bro no carbs is no carbs for me... all day

The House
09-24-07, 8:31 pm
here are some pictures of me guest posing this weekend... three weeks after i turned pro.. 35 more pounds on my frame bro. LOL tell me how you like them...

here is the link ...

http://www.erikfankhouser.net/galleryDetail.cfm?galleryID=1190602583

atripes
09-24-07, 10:11 pm
bro- i just had to register to let you know your articles are the best on animal. i hope you find more time in the future to post! thank you for opening up this thread and letting us know more about your life(style.)

violator
09-25-07, 4:41 am
here are some pictures of me guest posing this weekend... three weeks after i turned pro.. 35 more pounds on my frame bro. LOL tell me how you like them...

here is the link ...

http://www.erikfankhouser.net/galleryDetail.cfm?galleryID=1190602583

Damn house!!, u a monster bro!!, 35 more pounds!!, that rear lat spread looks thick bro!!
Respect!

sully
09-25-07, 1:51 pm
hey House just check out the pics on the website, that back pic is insane. Just wondering, that shirt your wearing in the pic, the #1 house on the market, is there anywhere i can buy that. Thanks and once again the pics look awesome

G Diesel
09-25-07, 1:52 pm
hey House just check out the pics on the website, that back pic is insane. Just wondering, that shirt your wearing in the pic, the #1 house on the market, is there anywhere i can buy that. Thanks and once again the pics look awesome

I've been known to rock that shirt from time to time... Most notably on leg day. Peace, G

The House
09-25-07, 7:22 pm
http://a360.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_7723d0f950953f4b20063f3426f7394f.jpg

TufffGuY
09-25-07, 7:32 pm
http://a360.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_7723d0f950953f4b20063f3426f7394f.jpg

That vein in your shoulder is SICK bro, totally jealous!

loiacanoa
09-25-07, 7:56 pm
whats up house?

wonderin when you think would be a good time to add real gains to a bulk? I'm tryin to break the 200 lbs barrier and currently on a bulk. Thanks for the help!

The House
09-26-07, 12:14 am
whats up house?

wonderin when you think would be a good time to add real gains to a bulk? I'm tryin to break the 200 lbs barrier and currently on a bulk. Thanks for the help!

real gain, there is never a bad time to add real gains on a diet to gain i am a big real gains fan.. what i do is i put it place of my two shakes that i have during the day. right now i take the Ios whey by universal when i want to pak some mass on i will add the real gins in place of that..

Angst
09-26-07, 12:34 am
What's up House, I know some people thinks squats and deads will thicken the waist. Yet you go heavy on both exercises, how were you able to maintain a tight waist line? Does it have more to do with diet than training?

atripes
09-27-07, 2:18 pm
hey house, couple random questions:

what's the significance of the jersey you are often seen wearing in AP photos?
what's your work schedule like? do you work out in the AM or PM?

TunaBreath
09-27-07, 3:12 pm

Looks like House loves repping Buckeye Local Panthers, I think that's where he went to highschool.

Make it out to any BL football games this year House???

Crusher
09-27-07, 4:37 pm
when I cycle off of the N1-T and ZMA, do I need to take anything for post cycle before I get back on them? Thanks in advance.

bobbymart
09-29-07, 5:28 pm
Hey house quick question what do you consider low intensity cardio I am starting a new program and I need to do low intensity cardio I have been advised to set an eliptical or precore to the fat burn program and go any input you could give would be much appreciated thanks!

Feel The Power
09-30-07, 6:17 pm

awesome pic house! your putting on good mass. As someone said before I also am jealous of the vein in your shoulder. lol. keep up the good work!!!

Testpolska
10-01-07, 8:34 pm
Yo, Quick question for ya big guy. During the off-season I tend to have alot of pain in my lower back making movements like squats, deads and rows very painful and hindering my advancement due to lower back stress. The pump is so intense, it hurts. I have to lay down between sets its so bad sometimes.

Whats your reccomendation?

The House
10-01-07, 9:34 pm
What's up House, I know some people thinks squats and deads will thicken the waist. Yet you go heavy on both exercises, how were you able to maintain a tight waist line? Does it have more to do with diet than training?

i think diet and training can make your waist grow. as long as you watch. i lift big weights but i keep the reps high.

The House
10-01-07, 9:37 pm

Looks like House loves repping Buckeye Local Panthers, I think that's where he went to highschool.

Make it out to any BL football games this year House???

when I cycle off of the N1-T and ZMA, do I need to take anything for post cycle before I get back on them? Thanks in advance.

the jersey is nice it mean war on the iron to me. i workout in the mid after noon.
go BL sorry bro not yet but i might you never know.
no post cycle needed with that supp.

The House
10-01-07, 9:41 pm
Hey house quick question what do you consider low intensity cardio I am starting a new program and I need to do low intensity cardio I have been advised to set an eliptical or precore to the fat burn program and go any input you could give would be much appreciated thanks!

awesome pic house! your putting on good mass. As someone said before I also am jealous of the vein in your shoulder. lol. keep up the good work!!!

Yo, Quick question for ya big guy. During the off-season I tend to have alot of pain in my lower back making movements like squats, deads and rows very painful and hindering my advancement due to lower back stress. The pump is so intense, it hurts. I have to lay down between sets its so bad sometimes.

Whats your reccomendation?
i dont know low intensity... lol no that means longer time slower pace..

thats not a vein that is a pipe line.. thanks bro

make sure your form stays good,, when people lift big weights they seem to use to much lower back. good form should fix this and use a belt..

bwatte
10-02-07, 12:31 am
House, I am 23 years old, 6'2", 210 lbs. and about 14% BF. I know I need to work on my obliques and abs because they are not really visible, and I have been slacking in that area. I was wondering what would be a good weight for me to start cutting. I would like to eventually be 230 lean, that would be my ideal weight. Thanks

naturalguy
10-02-07, 2:16 am
It was great to meet you at the O. You missed Lana's party, it was pretty crazy.

The House
10-08-07, 4:55 am
House, I am 23 years old, 6'2", 210 lbs. and about 14% BF. I know I need to work on my obliques and abs because they are not really visible, and I have been slacking in that area. I was wondering what would be a good weight for me to start cutting. I would like to eventually be 230 lean, that would be my ideal weight. Thanks
abs dont start to come in until u get around 8 % bf.. that is a riule of thumb some people are different but that is most... if you want to see your abs i would cut down now. and then add weight that is quality weight. you got around 30 lbs of fat on ya if you are 210 at 14%bf so for you to see abs you will need to get down around 195- 190... then add quality weight... or dont go over 10% bf when you gsin again..

The House
10-08-07, 4:58 am
It was great to meet you at the O. You missed Lana's party, it was pretty crazy.

same with u bro. i ended up running into flex lewis and peter putnam and we all had dinner with our better halves.. and talked about bodybuilding stuff. it was a great time. two great guys they are... i always like talking to them when i get the chance..

Elite
10-08-07, 6:43 am
abs dont start to come in until u get around 8 % bf.. that is a riule of thumb some people are different but that is most... if you want to see your abs i would cut down now. and then add weight that is quality weight. you got around 30 lbs of fat on ya if you are 210 at 14%bf so for you to see abs you will need to get down around 195- 190... then add quality weight... or dont go over 10% bf when you gsin again..

Great info & advice...

Aaron_Cole
10-12-07, 8:32 pm
Yo House,

What's the best way to lose body fat while on a bulking diet, without losing mass or size?

And how long should I expect to go from a bf of 10-14 to about 8-9ish?

Peace.

prowrestler
10-13-07, 11:48 am
i read your article about calves. i liked but im not sure if my calves are considered high or low? from the floor to the bottom of my knee my calve is 18 inches tall and my gastroc's belly makes up 10 inches (give or take ) of it.
is that average, high or low? i feel my calves have a bonyish look to them. they are strong due to the training i use to do for them with low reps and heavy weights but that didnt work for size. they can not seem to grow. what do i do?
thank you house

Lunatic001
10-16-07, 12:23 pm
House,

Congrats on your pro card and I am looking forward to follow up on your pro career. I just have a couple of questions that I hope you could give your input. I am 5’9”, 238 lbs and my body fat is not something I am proud of. I lift as a hobby but lately I have this idea of actually doing a show to see if I can really transform my body. I have a 445 bench, squat and dead, but my body doesn’t show it. I am asking if you have any suggestions on a good supplement stack, a workout plan and maybe just some words of motivation. Thanks in advance.

ChandlerXJ
10-16-07, 4:22 pm
House, awesome to meet you...

Me and House, pose down...
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc11/ChandlerXJ/Philly362.jpg

Are ya' kidding????? Adam, House, and Me
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc11/ChandlerXJ/Philly360.jpg

Punisher
10-16-07, 4:36 pm
nice bro i took that second pic lol

atripes
10-17-07, 8:26 pm
hey chandler, i don't mean to hijack the post, but when and where did house come to the philly area?

The House
10-18-07, 2:32 am
Yo House,

What's the best way to lose body fat while on a bulking diet, without losing mass or size?

And how long should I expect to go from a bf of 10-14 to about 8-9ish?

Peace.

do it slow or you tap into muscle. i would say cardio and a clean diet is the best way.
depends on your diet and cardio, dont go more than 2 lbs per week..

The House
10-18-07, 2:34 am
i read your article about calves. i liked but im not sure if my calves are considered high or low? from the floor to the bottom of my knee my calve is 18 inches tall and my gastroc's belly makes up 10 inches (give or take ) of it.
is that average, high or low? i feel my calves have a bonyish look to them. they are strong due to the training i use to do for them with low reps and heavy weights but that didnt work for size. they can not seem to grow. what do i do?
thank you house

train your calves with high reps till failure

The House
10-18-07, 2:36 am
House,

Congrats on your pro card and I am looking forward to follow up on your pro career. I just have a couple of questions that I hope you could give your input. I am 5’9”, 238 lbs and my body fat is not something I am proud of. I lift as a hobby but lately I have this idea of actually doing a show to see if I can really transform my body. I have a 445 bench, squat and dead, but my body doesn’t show it. I am asking if you have any suggestions on a good supplement stack, a workout plan and maybe just some words of motivation. Thanks in advance.
supplements when training for a show use pak, cuts and nitro. i like to go low acrb when dieting for a show...

The House
10-18-07, 2:37 am
House, awesome to meet you...

Me and House, pose down...
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc11/ChandlerXJ/Philly362.jpg

Are ya' kidding????? Adam, House, and Me
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc11/ChandlerXJ/Philly360.jpg

nice pictures bro and it was nice to meet you guys. keep training hard

Toni69
10-18-07, 2:55 am
That's such a great pcture ^^^^ the 3 of you! House..once again..you rock and Im so happy for you and your win. You sooooo deserved it! You have a beautiful family too. I wish you the most success and loads of happiness..you worked hard for this...enjoy it!

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”....

Respect

mathiash
10-18-07, 5:39 pm
First, Late congrats to your Pro card, Love your work and dedication.

I would like an opinion on my schedule as it is today:

Thu: Chest
Wen: Back
Thur: Rest
Fri: Shoulders, Calves
Sat: Biceps,Triceps, Abs
Sun: Legs
Mon: Rest

Normally do about 16-20 sets on the big muscles, 10-12 for smaller.
Also I do high intense cardio cycling right after my workout, for about 15-20mins.

My goal as it is now, is to increase musclemass, and still try to keep my BF pretty low as it is.
U think I should change anything, working for that goal?
Take Care!
//mathiash

Feel The Power
10-18-07, 5:48 pm
i checked out your pics on myspace house. I didn't notice any cake. did you have fish at your party? lol. lookin big and strong. how is the diet these days? how much you weighing in it.

The House
10-18-07, 9:05 pm
http://www.youtube.com/v/Mas0Zer10EU

Titan
10-18-07, 9:22 pm
Great video House. Kill those front delts!

Pizzalamp
10-20-07, 12:34 am
just saw u on in the trenches doing legs-awesome job! u looked great
very inspirational

BeastFromMiddleEast
10-20-07, 2:33 pm
Great progress, very crazy.

Calves are always insane, hard works pay off. Your genetics really help you out.

True inspiration.

Maybe one day I can achieve that level of insanity.

Awesome development.

Stabiliser
10-21-07, 5:19 pm
I saw your picture.. you are great !!anyways G diesel told me about ur bulking super recipes!! can you post some :) thank you in advance..REspect

Reacher34
10-21-07, 6:23 pm
Hey House, just saw you on In The Trenches.... damn impressive legs, bro. I found it very interesting to hear your thoughts on different aspects of your workout. Now that we have two ways to follow your progress (Animal and MD), I look forward to seeing just how much damage you're gonna do.

KENKONG
10-22-07, 8:39 am
do we NEED to change up the routine every 6-8 weeks if we're still making gains and feeling good? What I mean is I have a full body routine I do but I vary the exercises not the sets/reps done. Anyone else have thoughts on full body routines?

The House
10-22-07, 5:27 pm
I saw your picture.. you are great !!anyways G diesel told me about ur bulking super recipes!! can you post some :) thank you in advance..REspect
my fav is 6 whole eggs 2 scoops of real gains 1/2 cups of oats cooked in the waffle maker and spread some pb on the top. it is a good breakfast...

The House
10-22-07, 5:29 pm
do we NEED to change up the routine every 6-8 weeks if we're still making gains and feeling good? What I mean is I have a full body routine I do but I vary the exercises not the sets/reps done. Anyone else have thoughts on full body routines?

"if it aint broke dont fix it" LOL i like that slang..

The House
10-22-07, 5:31 pm
just saw u on in the trenches doing legs-awesome job! u looked great
very inspirational

Great progress, very crazy.

Calves are always insane, hard works pay off. Your genetics really help you out.

True inspiration.

Maybe one day I can achieve that level of insanity.

Awesome development.

Hey House, just saw you on In The Trenches.... damn impressive legs, bro. I found it very interesting to hear your thoughts on different aspects of your workout. Now that we have two ways to follow your progress (Animal and MD), I look forward to seeing just how much damage you're gonna do.

thanks more to come...

The House
10-23-07, 10:26 pm
Just want to let my Animal brothers know that my pro debut will be the '08 Europa. Hope you all come to support me as I tear up the pro ranks.

Giant Killer
10-23-07, 10:29 pm
my fav is 6 whole eggs 2 scoops of real gains 1/2 cups of oats cooked in the waffle maker and spread some pb on the top. it is a good breakfast...

Oh damn, I need a waffle maker now...

MASS
10-24-07, 2:45 pm
damn house, you look awesome. in all the pics I've seen you in. 2 questions:

!. where did you get that yellow animal shirt? Is it custom made?

2. what is it like being sponsored by universal? Like, what do they do for you?

I know that's like 4 questions, but you get the point.

Reacher34
10-24-07, 4:25 pm
Just want to let my Animal brothers know that my pro debut will be the '08 Europa. Hope you all come to support me as I tear up the pro ranks.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the pro table! Work hard, bro, and climb that ladder one step at a time!

ILL
10-25-07, 3:34 pm
Hey House...I would really appreciate it if I had you assess my phsyique(Also, anyone else for that matter...). Your physique shows you know what your doin. Critisism is always taken constructively, no need to be nice.

I'm 17, 5'9"...bulking at 6,000calories a day (yes 6,000 I have a very fast metabolism)
My plan is to compete in Northern Kentucky March 22nd...

This picture is about a week old....I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2days prior to this pic which is why my face was looking so puffy...
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7709/p4070061ssmlq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And then took abunch of pictures today, but only one came out.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7122/p4130062sha9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I know that is not alot to go off of, so I will get some more poses and pics taken asap, I planned on having abunch to show you today but all the rest of the pics came out very blurry.

Reacher34
10-25-07, 3:56 pm
Hey House...I would really appreciate it if I had you assess my phsyique(Also, anyone else for that matter...). Your physique shows you know what your doin. Critisism is always taken constructively, no need to be nice.

I'm 17, 5'9"...bulking at 6,000calories a day (yes 6,000 I have a very fast metabolism)

I know that is not alot to go off of, so I will get some more poses and pics taken asap, I planned on having abunch to show you today but all the rest of the pics came out very blurry.

I'm no pro and I'm no judge...but my first thoughts we're:
- You've got a tight waste, work on bringing your lats down to make it flow more.
- Blast those calves two or three times a week.

That being said, at 17yrs old, you've got a great head start. Not to mention a level of dedication not typically found in someone that young. Keep working hard and listen to whatever advice the House throws your way.

ILL
10-25-07, 4:24 pm
thanks bro I'm workin hard!...I'll take all the advice i can get....
when I took pics today I was told I need more Overall size, lower lats need work, calves, and bis. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else things... esp. House.

mathiash
10-25-07, 5:28 pm
thanks bro I'm workin hard!...I'll take all the advice i can get....
when I took pics today I was told I need more Overall size, lower lats need work, calves, and bis. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else things... esp. House.

Wzup!

Yeah, Overall mass, ( not an surprising answer huh?).

Anyway, u 17 ? Thats Very good work then! And prey to god u get to keep that slim waist, Then u will get that "old skool , but hardcore look"

Just keep doin what u doin and dont look back! U sound like u got the mind for it , that, and some common sense is all u need. Keep it up!

Train hard, and smart!

//mathiash

violator
10-26-07, 5:17 am
Yo house!,
Saw the MD videos, uve got a sick leg routine bro, different the way u train high reps...interesting.....what kinda tunes u listning to for ur workouts bro?
Im sure ur gonna tear up the europa'08....when u win(im sure u will) r u thinkin of trying out for the olympia?, or is that too far away to contemplate now?......ican see the house as the future mr. O....

peace

Feel The Power
10-27-07, 12:49 pm
House,

I work at a hospital so I split workouts up between the gym and sometimes I do them at work since I have access to the gym there too. Anyhow, I did legs today and at the end of my workout I supersetted leg extension with concentration lunges (the ones you did in the trenches video where you do all the reps and don't step back) I did two sets till failure at the end of my workout and damn!! I almost had to steal a walker to make it out to my car. lol. Never thought about doing lunges this way. Good tips. Gonna try those smith machine squats next week since I neglect the smith alot.

Feel The Power

GatorMP_69
10-27-07, 1:08 pm
OK Doc...

I have been dealing with this catch I have in my lower back that has prevented me from hittin the gym from time to time. I have had this catch for some time now and it has yet to go away completely. I have had Docs manipulate my back and all kinds of crazy stuff. The latest is to take muscle relaxers and crash for several hours. I can't keep doin this. It is hurtin my gym time, and I can't go heavy for fear of hurtin it more. I know part of it is from wearin all this gear all the time and riding for long hours in a truck all over Baghdad. I have made it a priority to go and see a specialist when we get back to CO, but in the mean time, I need to figure something out so I can continue to push myself but not to the point that I injure my back any further. I keep myself moving to keep it stretched out, but that stops when I lay down to catch some sleep. Is there anything you can advise that may help with this? I am poppin Ibuprofin and Tylenol like tic-tacs, and I can't afford to keep takin the Flexeral. Our mission set just aint too friendly with me stayin doped up and camped out all day. Besides, its not doin anything for the long term; it is more of a quick fix for a few hours and back to teh pain when I wake up.

ILL
10-28-07, 12:17 am
mathiash- Thanks man, yep 17 here.

The House
10-30-07, 6:36 pm
hey the house is back.. i have been out for awhile, i have been down from training.. shit is tough but i am getting it back now.. i need a vacation i am off work tomorrow. i worked 7 days straight now i get two off and i am going to sleep in.. i need it i need my rest to grow..

Rhetoric
10-30-07, 6:38 pm
hey the house is back.. i have been out for awhile, i have been down from training.. shit is tough but i am getting it back now.. i need a vacation i am off work tomorrow. i worked 7 days straight now i get two off and i am going to sleep in.. i need it i need my rest to grow..

Do what you gotta do House. Hope all is well.

BAD ASS MARTIN
10-30-07, 6:40 pm
YO House!

How many times a week do you train calves? I thought I had a wicked set of my own until I saw you at the Cage last Spring @ the Arnold. Freakish is all I have to say!
Mike Materazzo used to have the best calves...

Tank159
11-04-07, 2:09 pm
Ask away my Animal brothers..... If you got some questions, the Dr. House is here to give you a straight up answer. No beatin around the bush.... just straight shootin here...

Remember "You are your maker"

hey whats up bro....whats a good supplement to get really really huge.i train my ass off.im 5'10
and 200 pounds but i wana be a pro..what should i do bro.
thanx

The House
11-04-07, 5:43 pm

This picture is about a week old....I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2days prior to this pic which is why my face was looking so puffy...
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7709/p4070061ssmlq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And then took abunch of pictures today, but only one came out.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7122/p4130062sha9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

you are young.. i would say bring up the legs and arms , keep your waist small, and work on thickness. how many shows have you done. gain the weight slow this is not a sprint it is a long distance race.

TunaBreath
11-04-07, 8:46 pm
House, I have a question you may not be able to answer.

How the hell can I get the new copy of MD with you on the front cover??? I've been everywhere in the valley, all sold out and from what I hear, the Landlord bought a lot of them!

Wish I could have made it to the gym this morning to see you pose. I was looking forward to meeting you, but my sister decided to drive all the way from Pittsburgh on a flat tire.

Brutus_515
11-06-07, 11:25 am
Hey HOUSE!!!,

Quick question about doing the NA over the USA's...what is you opinion of Ben White he won the USA's the dude is a beast....Also in your MD with a sick back article...after waiting to do the NA's did you think at that time of the USA's you could of betten what Ben brought out on stage?...They are also mentioning him as the "ALI" of bodybuilding from being confident that he was going to win the overall 2 weeks out....just wondering what you think of the newer guys (yourself, Flex Lewis we know you are good friends with, Ben White and Peter Putnum, Evan and Trey Brewer) I belive you all you guys will be on the Olympia Stage soon enough and be the Big dogs in the Ifbb in the future.

Thanks man!

Oh to maybe help out tuna check out any sheets they are good with putting out more MD's when they sell out...of go to a book store they usually have them as well...Pittsburgh was sold out aswell for the first couple of days...I got lucky the Pharmacy my wife works out got them on the 29th I was surprised I thought it would be out on the tuesday but lucky me she snagged them up!

The House
11-06-07, 6:07 pm
House, I have a question you may not be able to answer.

How the hell can I get the new copy of MD with you on the front cover??? I've been everywhere in the valley, all sold out and from what I hear, the Landlord bought a lot of them!

Wish I could have made it to the gym this morning to see you pose. I was looking forward to meeting you, but my sister decided to drive all the way from Pittsburgh on a flat tire.

i know bro, all sold out that is awesome.. the only place that i know that still has them is books a million BAM. it was fun at the gym you missed the 267 lbs of The HOUSE.. it was fun

The House
11-06-07, 6:09 pm
Hey HOUSE!!!,

Quick question about doing the NA over the USA's...what is you opinion of Ben White he won the USA's the dude is a beast....Also in your MD with a sick back article...after waiting to do the NA's did you think at that time of the USA's you could of betten what Ben brought out on stage?...They are also mentioning him as the "ALI" of bodybuilding from being confident that he was going to win the overall 2 weeks out....just wondering what you think of the newer guys (yourself, Flex Lewis we know you are good friends with, Ben White and Peter Putnum, Evan and Trey Brewer) I belive you all you guys will be on the Olympia Stage soon enough and be the Big dogs in the Ifbb in the future.

Thanks man!

Oh to maybe help out tuna check out any sheets they are good with putting out more MD's when they sell out...of go to a book store they usually have them as well...Pittsburgh was sold out aswell for the first couple of days...I got lucky the Pharmacy my wife works out got them on the 29th I was surprised I thought it would be out on the tuesday but lucky me she snagged them up!
i think if i was in the same condition at the usa as i was at the na i would have won point blank..... all the young guys are lookin good only time will tell...

ShaqFu
11-06-07, 6:12 pm
Yo House,
Just read your article and you got me mad excited to see how your growing season works out for you. It looks like you put a shitload of thought and effort and I like how you rounded off every aspect of your plan, training, diet, supplementation, and especially sleep. Also, I'm curious to see how you like your training split b/c I was intrigued when you wrote that you would only train legs once every ten days or so. Now I know your going for symmetry and proportion when you make a split like that. I'm eager to see how it turns out for you and good luck brotha. Let us know how shit goes. Peace
ShaqFu

Fury317
11-07-07, 10:28 am
Whats up House. Read that new article and I theres no doubt in my mind youll put on the mass you want. I like the new split too, something different Ive never seen that before. Good luck wiht everything man. and the picture with the article is badass

live2lift
11-07-07, 4:09 pm
Hey House I just want to say thanks for another great read on the AP site. Steppin up My Game was an awesome article and it was good to know what your plans are for 08. I look forward to seeing you on the pro stage. Any plans on what your first show will be? Peace.

The House
11-07-07, 7:56 pm
Yo House,
Just read your article and you got me mad excited to see how your growing season works out for you. It looks like you put a shitload of thought and effort and I like how you rounded off every aspect of your plan, training, diet, supplementation, and especially sleep. Also, I'm curious to see how you like your training split b/c I was intrigued when you wrote that you would only train legs once every ten days or so. Now I know your going for symmetry and proportion when you make a split like that. I'm eager to see how it turns out for you and good luck brotha. Let us know how shit goes. Peace
ShaqFu

nice to hear you liked the article.. we will see how it turns out, we have to try new things to get different results.

The House
11-07-07, 7:58 pm
Whats up House. Read that new article and I theres no doubt in my mind youll put on the mass you want. I like the new split too, something different Ive never seen that before. Good luck wiht everything man. and the picture with the article is badass

the split is different, i think all the time how to split it up. i find myself writing workout splits down all the time....

The House
11-07-07, 8:00 pm
Hey House I just want to say thanks for another great read on the AP site. Steppin up My Game was an awesome article and it was good to know what your plans are for 08. I look forward to seeing you on the pro stage. Any plans on what your first show will be? Peace.

thanks the plans are set now i just got to take action. a good plan is only a plan unless you make it happen.. the pro stage in 08 i am gettin ready bro , europa is what i am going to do.. i will be ready..but will they LOL...

live2lift
11-08-07, 3:01 pm
Kick ass and take names bro...that is the only way to do it. I plan on making a little noise in 08 as well, granted not as much as you, but I will be taking stage in at least one amatuer contest again...it has been too long (almost 4 years) and I am getting that itch to compete again. Good luck next year brotha and just know that you will have the support of the entire legion behind you. With a force that strong you cannot be stopped. Peace.

The House
11-08-07, 8:01 pm
Kick ass and take names bro...that is the only way to do it. I plan on making a little noise in 08 as well, granted not as much as you, but I will be taking stage in at least one amatuer contest again...it has been too long (almost 4 years) and I am getting that itch to compete again. Good luck next year brotha and just know that you will have the support of the entire legion behind you. With a force that strong you cannot be stopped. Peace.
bro hit the stage hard, if you got any questions hit me up.... make some noise

Fury317
11-11-07, 2:27 pm
Picked up the new MD. Great article and the pictures looked great. Legs looked awesome as usual. My one question...why a beach? LOL Are we going to see a House calendar for the ladies soon? haha......

Feel The Power
11-11-07, 3:54 pm
going to be my first time at the arnold this year as you know and i'm really pumped!!! My question is.. for the expo part of it.. are you able to buy tickets the day of at the door or is it something you need to do in advance?? Also, finally got my hands on your new mag. It kicks ass!! strong work!!

live2lift
11-12-07, 11:25 am
bro hit the stage hard, if you got any questions hit me up.... make some noise

You know this really means a lot bro. Thanks for your support, and I will keep you in mind when I start getting ready. Thanks again brotha. Peace.

G Diesel
11-12-07, 11:30 am
Picked up the new MD. Great article and the pictures looked great. Legs looked awesome as usual. My one question...why a beach? LOL Are we going to see a House calendar for the ladies soon? haha......

I'm sure that was MD's choice, not House's... They did the same thing with Ox. Taking it back to the days of Arnold and Draper in Venice. Peace, G

Upstatebuilder07
11-12-07, 11:31 am
Just want to say Props on the cover of MD, usually I don't pick this one up but had to with you on the cover man, read your article too, good shit! Keep up the hard work and when You hit the pro stage in 08 I know were gunna see great things!

bigdog
11-12-07, 2:05 pm
hello house, i am new to the iron game, and was wondering if their is a specific book that contains all the different exercises, and how to do them in proper form? i know most of the basics, there are a few that i dont know what they are. congrats on the pro card and the md cover, looking solid as fuck in all your pics!!! thanks, bigdog

simpleguy
11-12-07, 2:18 pm
I got a question for you House... I read your article ''steppin' up my game'' which seems very recent to me...
hope you don't mind I'm so curious, but, are you restricting carbs during your bulk? it seems to me that except the real gains shake (and maybe torrent) there are no big amounts of carbs in any of your meals; I always thought carbs are very important on a bulk