PDA

View Full Version : The State of the F O R V M

Universal Rep
08-15-07, 9:17 am
Fellas, the FORVM has been around only for a short time--7 months, and already this place is fast approaching 9,000 members. No doubt this place is bristling with activity and life. Doesn't mean life is perfects. So here's your chance to weigh in and tell the Watchmen what ya think works, and even more important, what doesn't. What can be done to improve this place? Share your thoughts here and be brutally honest fellas. If you would prefer to do it in private, feel free to PM one of the Watchmen. Ya can't grow if ya stand still...

krazyassmexican
08-15-07, 9:21 am
Fellas, the FORVM has been around only for a short time--7 months, and already this place is fast approaching 9,000 members. No doubt this place is bristling with activity and life. Doesn't mean life is perfects. So here's your chance to weigh in and tell the Watchmen what ya think works, and even more important, what doesn't. What can be done to improve this place? Share your thoughts here and be brutally honest fellas. If you would prefer to do it in private, feel free to PM one of the Watchmen. Ya can't grow if ya stand still...

forvm is perfect i wouldnt change shit
the only thing that would be nicer
would be a HTML friendly forvm

by the way

icons for the regular animals too

o2
08-15-07, 9:23 am
I think when someone sees something they don't want to hear it gets censored, usually in the form of closing a thread. Thats lame. Such as the recent Wrath thread. No explination, just locked. I think alot of people want to see and hear from Wrath.

Just cuz I leave out praise doesnt mean I dont like the forum.

Brutus_515
08-15-07, 9:28 am
Notify animals of potientially banned threads by throwing a warning out so put a image on the thread so that others know that it may or may not be to their likeing, and so other people can calm the situation down so that a quality thread isnt closed by a few bad posts....police our own...

I also belive that any negative or derogatory posters should be banned or infactions be given...If you have to attack someone go to anoter fourm and do so that shit isnt needed or wanted here..

ghost
08-15-07, 10:06 am
I also belive that any negative or derogatory posters should be banned or infactions be given...If you have to attack someone go to anoter fourm and do so that shit isnt needed or wanted here..

That already happens.

darkside64
08-15-07, 10:11 am
First off, I like the overall atmosphere. I have been here since the beginning, and Im glad to see that the respectful setting is still fresh. Very few times have I seen blatant insults thrown at somebody(which is almost the case in every thread on other boards). One thing that bothers me is when a thread gets closed, because a person is acting like an asshole. That person should get locked from that thread, but not the entire forum. It just doesnt seem right for one asshole to ruin it for all of us. Furthermore I like it when people post threads on their different opinions, however it pisses me off when those opinions are blatanly wrong. and the thread gets closed, because someone puts light on the matter. All in all you can find faults in every operation, the fact is this is the tightest group of people I have never known, and the fact is the iron binds us all, and that is why we are here in the first place. Thanks forvm

simpleguy
08-15-07, 10:24 am
I really like the forvm... for the moment, I can't think of something new in here but I'm sure that this will always be a great place..

Brutus_515
08-15-07, 10:53 am
That already happens.

I am not saying that it already isnt going on...My bad.... I should of reworded it...to just banned!! sorry didnt want to sound like you boys were not doing your jobs...

Macrobolic
08-15-07, 10:57 am

I love the forvm. It's a great place with great people that are here to help. Of course there's the occasional prick, but I've actually only seen one and he was already banned.

As for improvements, can't think of anything I would change, but I'll let ya know if I do.

billmd1334
08-15-07, 11:08 am
I honestly like things the way they are, it's laid back, the shit starters are usually phased out quickly and everyone is here with the same purpose I do believe.

live2lift
08-15-07, 11:32 am
So far, so good for the Forum. I racked my brain trying to think of some dislikes but couldn't think of any. Then again, I am pretty easy going and don't really complain too much. I love the fact that this feels like such a tight knit brotherhood going on here. I like that you can state your mind here and get some great responses. I like that things get handled accordingly here as far as negative or derogatory posts go. I also like that you get to know people here and then even if you never met the person before and you so happen to see them in person they are great people to be around. For example...Sgt Rock. I was introduced to him through rev8ball and then I saw him again at his meet last Sunday and reintroduced myself. He was awesome to be around, real down to earth. That says alot because you can be nice on the forum because nobody really knows you, but to be nice in person as well just lets you know that when you are talking to these people here they are being real. You know we have all seen the articles on this site, or seen an ad, or maybe seen these guys in the AOM (which by the way I still have yet to receive), but to actually see them in person, whether it be at the Cage or somewhere else is almost surreal. I respect every single member of the Legion and love that the respect is always reciprocated. So, after all of that rambling...I love the Forum, it is awesome. Peace.

bharatoza
08-15-07, 11:41 am
I think the website/Forvm are fantastic. Very different from all the others. I think this is the only website/Forvm that showcases that those into this lifestyle aren't 'meatheads'. We have an intellectual and emotional side, discipline, hunger, work ethic, etc.
A few suggestions, maybe we could have a separate section for 'injuries and rehabilitation'. Also, we have a lot of ladies on the forvm. Maybe we could have some of the ladies of the Animal team to post articles on the website. It would be interesting to see things from their perspective too.

That's all I can think of right now.

gnoll5
08-15-07, 11:44 am
its nice to be able to drop in here from time to time, check out whats going on. unfortunately i don't have the time i did at first to be on here, but when i can its cool to see all the new discussions, etc. i wouldn't change a thing, everyone from the pros to the joes are very informative, and down to earth good people; something very rare on discussion boards.

ghost
08-15-07, 1:57 pm
I am not saying that it already isnt going on...My bad.... I should of reworded it...to just banned!! sorry didnt want to sound like you boys were not doing your jobs...

i understand where you are coming from .....there is more to it than just Banning people....cant really go in to it much further.

brandonA
08-15-07, 2:05 pm
Also, we have a lot of ladies on the forvm. Maybe we could have some of the ladies of the Animal team to post articles on the website. It would be interesting to see things from their perspective too.

That is a great idea, we have Toni's recipies and NPC Chicka with some amazing words, but there are more ladies amongts yes....

-B

Universal Rep
08-15-07, 2:09 pm
So far, so good for the Forum. I racked my brain trying to think of some dislikes but couldn't think of any. Then again, I am pretty easy going and don't really complain too much. I love the fact that this feels like such a tight knit brotherhood going on here. I like that you can state your mind here and get some great responses. I like that things get handled accordingly here as far as negative or derogatory posts go. I also like that you get to know people here and then even if you never met the person before and you so happen to see them in person they are great people to be around. For example...Sgt Rock. I was introduced to him through rev8ball and then I saw him again at his meet last Sunday and reintroduced myself. He was awesome to be around, real down to earth. That says alot because you can be nice on the forum because nobody really knows you, but to be nice in person as well just lets you know that when you are talking to these people here they are being real. You know we have all seen the articles on this site, or seen an ad, or maybe seen these guys in the AOM (which by the way I still have yet to receive), but to actually see them in person, whether it be at the Cage or somewhere else is almost surreal. I respect every single member of the Legion and love that the respect is always reciprocated. So, after all of that rambling...I love the Forum, it is awesome. Peace.

Corporate doesn't select athletes by chance. It seeks out those who share the same values. Any of the athletes associated with Animal are down to earth, genuine guys and this reflect's Corporate's vision.

Beowulf
08-15-07, 2:16 pm
Like others have said, sometimes good threads are closed down by a problem member or two. Doesn't seem fair.

Ratch
08-15-07, 3:33 pm
I like that we don't have avatars...I like that threads get closed when they're pulled off topic or too far in a negative direction. No bullshit here...straight and to the point.

brandonA
08-15-07, 3:36 pm
Like others have said, sometimes good threads are closed down by a problem member or two. Doesn't seem fair.

We are testing a system of cleaning up threads so that this does not happen any more...You all know that you can flag a post right and the Watchmen get an email about it....under the person's name and info there is a triangle shaped icon, click on that, type in what you think and hit send...

Help us keep this place running smoothly, take ownership, this is OUR house...

-B

Far Beyond Driven
08-15-07, 6:45 pm
I can't think of anything to change, here. Everyone here is pretty tight and respectful, and the layout is comfortable. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

naturalguy
08-15-07, 8:32 pm
Good to hear the feedback.

Keep the suggestions coming, we want to make this the best board on the 'net. I know I have found a home here.

Lowdown5
08-15-07, 8:37 pm
I like the format, the people and the flow of the FORVM. Why change something that is so good?

Roland
08-15-07, 8:40 pm
I like the format, the people and the flow of the FORVM. Why change something that is so good?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

FeelthePain
08-16-07, 12:23 pm
This is a great forum... I don't think that you should change anything.

I like that we don't have avatars...
I like that we don't get bombarded with thousands of images...

The 'moderators' are very respectful and knowledgeable, and they participate in the forum - not just police it. Very Good group.

Great reflection of Universals overall philosophy.

ghost
08-16-07, 12:25 pm

The 'moderators' are very respectful and knowledgeable, and they participate in the forum - not just police it. Very Good group.

we do what we can....and the Pro's.....Unheard of on any other board. i dont know of any other board where you can log in, ask a question or shoot a PM to a PRO BODYBUILDER, and get a fast, honest, accurate and intelligent response.

Suleiman
08-16-07, 3:04 pm
pretty good so far but damn men lose the black and white men...chill put the pitch forks down am just playing.....in fact thats one of the many things i like about the forum its the black and white layout...to a sense i find it some what inspiring .....

MassMonster
08-16-07, 3:24 pm
i like this place the way it is... i agree with the setiment of not having the avatars... because when u do get 1 u earned it... not just having 1 for the sake of it... im glad there is finally a place where i can get a piece of mind in what i read and post... you got a good thing going.. simple is always the best...

Dead(Lift)
08-16-07, 3:28 pm
So far everything is working perfect I think. What I like best about the Forvm is it's a very friendly and helpful place. Maybe we could get the word out. I try repping animal every way I can.

Spikes079
08-16-07, 3:47 pm
The only think I can think is when a thread is closed, that who ever closes it should post why it was closed so it doesn't get repeated, I've noticed 3-4 thread closed lately with no explanation,

Lowdown5
08-16-07, 6:11 pm
The only think I can think is when a thread is closed, that who ever closes it should post why it was closed so it doesn't get repeated, I've noticed 3-4 thread closed lately with no explanation,

Threads get closed for a reason, no Watchman just says that they think they will close a thread for no reason. When a thread is closed, there is something that caused it, the Watchmen are very fair.

Spikes079
08-16-07, 6:13 pm
Threads get closed for a reason, no Watchman just says that they think they will close a thread for no reason. When a thread is closed, there is something that caused it, the Watchmen are very fair.

Never said they were doing it unjust. They just posted no reason to speficly why it was closed ilke that rule broken

ghost
08-16-07, 6:14 pm

Also, if you see a thread that was closed for no reason, or you would like further explanation as to WHY it was closed, feel free to PM any of the watchmen and we will try our best to assist you in any way possible.

Lowdown5
08-16-07, 6:15 pm
Also, if you see a thread that was closed for no reason, or you would like further explanation as to WHY it was closed, feel free to PM any of the watchmen and we will try our best to assist you in any way possible.

That is the beauty of this place, try to get an answer somewhere else on a board.

Rhetoric
08-16-07, 6:18 pm
we do what we can....and the Pro's.....Unheard of on any other board. i dont know of any other board where you can log in, ask a question or shoot a PM to a PRO BODYBUILDER, and get a fast, honest, accurate and intelligent response.

Bingo. Right on the money.

k1usa
08-16-07, 6:49 pm
I love this forum..its home for me...its a brotherhood of great folks....for me...its just perfect the way it is...its simple...workable and user friendly. I think we try our best to keep threads clean....and rolling in the right direction while being considerate to the users....its a ballance....

this old animal loves this forum...in respect to the pros...the UN family...this is a great place to stretch...learn and be heard....

MassMonster
08-16-07, 7:58 pm

very true and they are very nice about it too.. 1 of mine got closed due to certain things and i got an apology from 1 saying sorry they had to close it... things arent just done off the bat so to avoid problems this is what must be done...plain and simple...

Macrobolic
08-16-07, 11:32 pm
i like this place the way it is... i agree with the setiment of not having the avatars... because when u do get 1 u earned it... not just having 1 for the sake of it... im glad there is finally a place where i can get a piece of mind in what i read and post... you got a good thing going.. simple is always the best...

Exaclty (about the avatars). This also reduced the amount of idiots that come to this board. We've got only serious lifters in here.

dominate77
08-17-07, 3:07 pm
since there is so many knowledgeable people here, i think we should make a section where all the people that want to know about steroids and use of them can ask questions and get real honest answers, and all the people that hate hearing the word altogether can just not open the section. Its better to get real answers from people that won't bullshit you.

Just a suggestion

Erik
08-17-07, 4:42 pm
I love this forum!!!! This place is like home.

Far Beyond Driven
08-18-07, 6:06 pm

No avatars. Good idea. yeah, it might be pretty cool to have them, and I could even look really cool and neato by putting that snazzy little "A" as my pic, right? Wrong. That "A" is something that is earned here. It actually means something real. As a former member of the military, every single ribbon and medal on my chest meant that I did something. If every low rank kid could wear a medal of honor if he chose, it would denigrate the men who risked life, and in most cases, died for it. If you don't have a big, shiny "A" next to your name here, then dig in, get to researching and typing and EARN IT.

Tron
08-20-07, 9:12 pm
Henchmen,

I know we're always out looking for improvements, so I thought I'd throw this out. I posted it under this section because I believe this would be where it would eventually land.

Everybody remember how we built a journey section for all the journies out there? Well would it actually be beneficial for a whole new section just to lay out different exercises? I know we have the search function... And that is great... Keeps the BS down, but would what if you don't have something specific that you are looking for? What if you are just looking to expand your knowledge on possible back exercises?

As I said it's just a suggestion to try and get some things going. We can always use something new, and this could be a huge encyclopedia of information for Animals! If nobody likes it, so be it.

dIdDy
08-21-07, 9:10 pm

if a reason the thread was closed is posted, then others can learn and not make the same mistake.

"ghost" closings do no good...

ghost
08-23-07, 8:45 am
if a reason the thread was closed is posted, then others can learn and not make the same mistake.

most times, when a thread is closed....we put a reason up for it. more often than not there has been a direct violation of the rules and we will post a copy of what rule has been violated, then close it down.

Brutus_515
08-23-07, 8:59 am

most times, when a thread is closed....we put a reason up for it. more often than not there has been a direct violation of the rules and we will post a copy of what rule has been violated, then close it down.

Evidentally I missed this one as well I just thought that they POOF dissapeared

ghost
08-23-07, 8:59 am
Evidentally I missed this one as well I just thought that they POOF dissapeared

which thread are you referring to?

Brutus_515
08-23-07, 9:05 am
I cant recall the actual thread there has been a few I rember reading then go back a few hours latter and cannot find then Let me think... or try to look back to find them

Just a question....can the watchmen just take out posts or do they have to close the thread?

ghost
08-23-07, 9:14 am
I cant recall the actual thread there has been a few I rember reading then go back a few hours latter and cannot find then Let me think... or try to look back to find them

Just a question....can the watchmen just take out posts or do they have to close the thread?

it all really depends.

let me know what thread it was, and ill let you know what happened to it...if i can.

Brutus_515
08-23-07, 11:49 am
It isnt that big of a deal man...dont worry about it....thanks for the offer

Giant Killer
08-23-07, 12:49 pm

There has been times in the past when threads were deleted more often. The Watchmen realize that no one really learns anything when those threads just dissapear.

More often than not, problem threads are judged on a scale. Salvageable threads will be edited and provided with a statement as to warn future posters. "Non-Salvageable" threads will be locked prefferably, with a statement as to why it was to the point of no return. Only in EXTREME cases, will a thread be deleted.

As I said, these policies have changed with the evolution and feedback of the members, in PM's, and threads just like these.

Brutus_515
08-23-07, 9:03 pm
Like when that dude in the wwe/monster thread started about the benoit shit and a few of us (myself included) told that guy to use alittle more tact?...(the threads were deleted wich was great "that was not the directon the thread needed to go")you guys have this place on lock man...you guys do a great job......I am not bitching about you I am just sticking to the thread subject both rcrott and gk thanks for the professional feedback I ment no offence in what I have stated just questions thanks!

ghost
08-30-07, 12:44 pm
Like when that dude in the wwe/monster thread started about the benoit shit and a few of us (myself included) told that guy to use alittle more tact?...(the threads were deleted wich was great "that was not the directon the thread needed to go")you guys have this place on lock man...you guys do a great job......I am not bitching about you I am just sticking to the thread subject both rcrott and gk thanks for the professional feedback I ment no offence in what I have stated just questions thanks!

anytime we can help brother, that is what we are here for.

gsb239
08-30-07, 12:49 pm
Overall, I'm really happy with the forvm.

Sometimes however, I feel like there's too much censorship on here. I'm not talking about drug related threads, I understand those are off limit. I'm talking about a particular case over the weekend where someone disagreed with a watchman over a thread the watchman had started. I personally thought this guy was right. There was even proof that this watchman's thread was breaking one of the rules of the forvm. Yet it was the other guy who had his posts deleted from that thread. I hate to think that they were deleted simply cause he wasn't the watchman out of the two. I don't want to get into any names or nothin. I would just like to see things done fairly and equally.

ghost
08-30-07, 12:51 pm
things are done fairly and equally,.....more than one post from that thread was deleted.. from both the person who started it, and the other party involved. both parties involved were warned of their actions, no infractions were handed out. both parties agreed to stop fighting.

gsb239
08-30-07, 12:54 pm
things are done fairly and equally,.....more than one post from that thread was deleted.. from both the person who started it, and the other party involved. both parties involved were warned of their actions, no infractions were handed out. both parties agreed to stop fighting.

Well if thats the case then I guess I made a mistake. I didn't realize the watchman had posts deleted too.

ghost
08-30-07, 12:54 pm
i personally deleted them. fighting in ANY form whatsoever, no matter who it is between, is NOT tolerated on the forvm. and is dealt with swiftly and accordingly.

gsb239
08-30-07, 12:58 pm
i personally deleted them. fighting in ANY form whatsoever, no matter who it is between, is NOT tolerated on the forvm. and is dealt with swiftly and accordingly.

I personally thought it was more of an argument than a fight.

But if thats how you saw it, then I suppose you did what was right by you.

hjayss
08-31-07, 1:46 am
First I wanna say I need to go to forum annonymous...lol..I spend a lot of time here reading and helping whereever I can. I am greatly appreciative of the help from the [pros and the brothers here(the legion". My only probelem would be the search optionshould be more refined. you type one thing and a million things pop up and I think that would cut down on the threads here. I HAVE SEEN THE FORUMS WHERE THEY HAVE THE AVATARS I DO NOT LIKE THAT CRAP THIS ONE IS SLICK YOU GOTTA EARN IT.

Rhetoric
09-03-07, 7:51 pm
Just thought of soemthing: spellcheck would be dope... because I'm anal about details like that.

Brutus_515
09-04-07, 8:36 am
Just thought of soemthing: spellcheck would be dope... because I'm anal about details like that.\

I have probubly the worst spelling on here haha...but if anyone wants to try this...if they are going to make a long post and dont want to come off as a bad speller type that shit in Microsoft word then spell check it and paste it up...thought it might help

gsb239
09-05-07, 11:20 am
Just thought of soemthing: spellcheck would be dope... because I'm anal about details like that.

I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, it has spell check built right into it.

Aengus
09-06-07, 8:02 pm
1:When a thread is closed it would be good to know what was done incorrectly (IE which of the 11 rules was broken) so we can avoid similar mistakes

2: I really enjoy the lack of annoying fucking avatars I find on every damned forum.

3:I like the lack of file-uploading.

4:Hows about giving us more privileges based on our rank? Say newbies get nothing, plebeians get more message space, and maybe the legionaries get to rock an avatar.

5: There is too much color on this site. I mean shit, what is this, Fairy Land? Sarcasm aside, I enjoy the lack of color and all the frilly shit that is unnecessary to the discussion of iron.

Everything else is pretty cool. but we kinda need some more PM space as we progress in rank.

Northman
09-16-07, 9:07 pm
I like the aforementioned idea of a section specifically for injuries. Just like diet, injuries are a part of the lifestyle. Since there are so many kinds of injuries you could have a subsections like skeletal, muscular, or or injury to the tendons. Just my 2c.

hjayss
09-21-07, 4:50 am

\

I have probubly the worst spelling on here haha...but if anyone wants to try this...if they are going to make a long post and dont want to come off as a bad speller type that shit in Microsoft word then spell check it and paste it up...thought it might help
GOOD IDEA..I HAVE MY SHARE OF MISSPELLED WORDS AND I GO BACK AND LOOK AND I AM LIKE DAMN...

Lethal_Banana
10-21-07, 7:07 am
I second this, you guys should really take it into consideration.

I like the aforementioned idea of a section specifically for injuries. Just like diet, injuries are a part of the lifestyle. Since there are so many kinds of injuries you could have a subsections like skeletal, muscular, or or injury to the tendons. Just my 2c.

Northman
10-21-07, 1:25 pm
GOOD IDEA..I HAVE MY SHARE OF MISSPELLED WORDS AND I GO BACK AND LOOK AND I AM LIKE DAMN...

Use firefox as your browser, it comes with built-in spell check.

js71474
10-23-07, 11:22 am
The site and the forum are the best I have seen any where! This site/forum and the brothers here have helped me in every aspect of my journey and for that I give a huge thanks to all of you. So I would not change a thing.

B.C.
10-25-07, 6:37 pm
Love the idea of earning the Avatars.

Never had a thread closed, so I can't chime in on that.

The black and white is a direct representation of Animal, the Forvm couldn't be any other way.

I fully support and agree with the "No Steroid" policy. People who want to use them...there is info all over the 'net...just not here. This is a policy that should NEVER be downgraded from ZERO TOLERANCE. We just don't need that shit here.

I don't have any problems with the censorship here.

I do agree that the search function might need a little tweaking now that there are so many more threads. It worked great a few months ago, but there's just so much stuff on here now. I did a search a week or so ago about taking one Pak or two. I had to narrow the search down to just Paks before I got any hits...and you can imagine how many threads there are on this forvm about the Paks.

The triangular warning icon was news to me...can I use that thing if the poster just sounds like an idiot? We do a good job of keeping the morons out of here, but there are a few.

All that being said...I love this place. I wouldn't want it any other way.

daninarmy
10-27-07, 7:57 pm
I love this place!!!!!!!!! its just what you need to help get that edge
Dont chance a thing

Elite
10-27-07, 8:25 pm
You know, this is the 1st forum ive ever visited, the only one im joined to and it was such a shock venturing into a few other bodybuilding forums after being here. Some of the 'shite as waste of space' that goes on outside here is unreal.

This is the only forum of its kind that generates respect and bonds between strangers, has intelligent (mostly) discussion on specific topics, incorporates the ideas and wisdom of pro's who go outta there way to help even the newest member, has corporate LISTENING and talking one on one with its customers, running worthy promos, connecting lifters to train together in there states, the list could go on all nite.

This is the thinking male/female bodybuilders Forvm, dont ever change...

jonnydunz
11-14-07, 9:55 pm
I really have come to enjoy this site/forum. I came across this site when I was searching for supplements on bb.com and saw the web address for this site and I have not been dissappointed at all. The forum is very helpful to me as well as all the other Animals on here. I don't think anything has to be changed as it reflects the lifestyle that we live everyday. So much useful information on here compared to any site that I have been on the web. I use to go to bb.com, but have not been on there much at all lately. I really enjoy being able to post threads and read others as well. Like I have come to realize. This is the best site for those who are serious about this lifestyle. Peace.

Flash419
11-14-07, 10:06 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me. We've all had them, and usually something that alot of us have had. Would be nice to be able to get some rehab ideas.

Other then that... keep up the good work!

Renji007
12-07-07, 9:51 pm
I think there should be some Icons or at least photos in profiles so it's easier to tell who people are if you ever go to a session. Besides that this place is one of the best places on the net to go to in my opinion

simpleguy
12-08-07, 5:42 am
I like the forvm as it is, but sometimes it seems to me some threads are being closed pretty easy, so my suggestion is the watchmen who closes the thread should post the rule broken... I know most of them do so, but it doesn't happen everytime, it'd be cool if everytime a thread gets closed to see at the end of it the rule broken

other than that I love the forvm

D-Bomb
12-10-07, 8:43 pm
I enjoy the forVm as it is right now, hell a lot more has been added than i thought was necessary but i have come to enjoy it all...with regards to the injury sections & what not. the only problem i have with that is, even if the guy on the other monitor says he is a qualified doctor and knows this guy that has practiced rehabilitation of injuries for centuries in his family...you can't honestly know that for sure. Look I trust every person on here, just by how i feel animalpak draws in the right people. but i have also dealt with very very shady characters who are not here anymore...so certain things which discuss life changing situations and complications such as injury should be taken to a medical practice that is physical and real.

thats my opinion.

Northman
12-10-07, 10:34 pm
I enjoy the forVm as it is right now, hell a lot more has been added than i thought was necessary but i have come to enjoy it all...with regards to the injury sections & what not. the only problem i have with that is, even if the guy on the other monitor says he is a qualified doctor and knows this guy that has practiced rehabilitation of injuries for centuries in his family...you can't honestly know that for sure. Look I trust every person on here, just by how i feel animalpak draws in the right people. but i have also dealt with very very shady characters who are not here anymore...so certain things which discuss life changing situations and complications such as injury should be taken to a medical practice that is physical and real.

thats my opinion.

Maybe not a section then, but some FAQs would be nice for folks who are unused to injury and don't know the proper sequence to recover properly.

hjayss
12-11-07, 3:14 am
I think with the aaddition of the abc we have new life breathed into the forum..Just thought I would share that...

Nightshift
12-11-07, 4:47 am
I think with the aaddition of the abc we have new life breathed into the forum..Just thought I would share that...

I agree with my doughnut eating friend here! The ABC is a great edition to an already great Forum.

JMC
12-12-07, 11:38 am
Okay, I’ve debated on whether to bring this up, but I think it’s necessary. While I don’t have an answer as to a proper fix, all I can hope for is that people read this and maybe think twice about their posts and how they contribute to the betterment of the FORVM.

The problem I have is with the members who post for the sake of posting while not contributing any worthwhile info or an original thought. For instance, a member asks a question, answers follow. Then a Pro, Powerlifter, or other well respected member chimes in. There are a few members who consistently reply to those replies with an “I agree with this Pro”, or “Listen to Pro (name), he is the shit” and “You (name) are the man, I wanna be just like you”. While the Bodybuilders, Pros, Watchmen, Gladiators, etc. are, like I said well respected here, as they should be; I see these replies as nothing more than kissing ass. You see this every time Machine posts. I’m a fan, we all are, the guy is phenomenal, both physically and his writings, but you will never see me post some of the garbage, which surpasses showing respect, that follows his posts. That’s just a rare example.

I’ve seen a bunch of it as of late. Call me out if you want, as this is just my opinion to better the FORVM. But maybe in the future, we will all think twice before hitting that submit button.

D-Bomb
12-12-07, 2:51 pm
There is something said about that, it's up to the members to read up on the rules & regulations & guidelines to the betterment of the forVm, but we definitely look for intellectually based answers/questions etc...sure give the guy props, and what not but i agree with trying to keep the unnecessary posts out...

joe-yamma
12-12-07, 2:58 pm
First off, I really like the Forvm.

I saw some posts here about injuries, an injury section, etc. I have seen several posts recently by younger members regarding shoulder problems, shoulder injuries, etc. I would suggest a sticky (maybe in the training section) regarding the seriousness of shoulder injuries and perhaps some "common sense" advice (links) on proper warm-up, strengthening exercises, etc. I think one fo the most important messages in this sticky should be "if pain persists, see a dr"
BigAnt always seems to respond to these shoulder injury threads the best, perhaps he would write something up?

gripperm
01-02-08, 12:59 am
It would be cool if there were free email accounts for members who have been here for a set amount of time with a certain number of posts. I would love to have a email addy that was @animalpak.com so I could spread the word with every email I sent.

ghost
01-02-08, 3:13 pm
It would be cool if there were free email accounts for members who have been here for a set amount of time with a certain number of posts. I would love to have a email addy that was @animalpak.com so I could spread the word with every email I sent.

that is a really fucking Cool idea.!

Appollonian
02-12-08, 10:43 am
The Forvm is everything you need in a forum, and has nothing you don't. From asking people for their opinions, to asking a pro, what else could you ask for? I've had the same email address for 10 years but would start a new one if I could have @animalpak.com at the end of it, or just plain @animal.com.

The only thing I could think would be to include reviews for all of Universal's products, not just the Animal line. Maybe this allready exists, and if it does, I sincerely apologize.

Universal Rep
02-12-08, 10:50 am
The only thing I could think would be to include reviews for all of Universal's products, not just the Animal line. Maybe this allready exists, and if it does, I sincerely apologize.

Reviews should be going in here bro for all Universal (non-Animal) products: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

h 3 L L b 0 y
02-13-08, 5:20 pm
One major thing i can think of is (not sure if its been mentioned before) that we need an 'MSN style' big chat room. This would mean you could come on and join the (java?) based chat room, and talk to one another in real time. I know it would save about 50% of threads here by just being able to ask the pros/watchmen questions here or there. I suppose you could argue that theres PM on this, but half the time people have full inbox, of messages take too long to be delivered. A big chat room where everyone could come and talk, and also the ability to have one to one conversations privately would also be kool. What dyu guys think?

Jessff00
02-13-08, 6:42 pm
Tron I think it would be great for a section to be added just for different exercises. I would bet there would be alot of people benefit from this greatly. I have learned so much since I have joined and look forward toward a promising future. As far as The Forum, this is the best!!!

Brute
02-16-08, 4:00 pm
I'd like to see a goal tracking feature to track body weight, lift stats, size, with a calendar to mark the changes.

Sorry if this has been pushed before, I didn't read the hundreds of posts before me.

bobbymart
02-17-08, 3:12 pm

that is a really fucking Cool idea.!

this is the best idea so far that would be awsome!

Mickeylax311
02-22-08, 1:49 am
Some kind of break line between the post and people's sigs. Maybe it's just me but i find it hard to read with the post and sig jammed together

Iron 3
03-11-08, 7:17 pm
One major thing i can think of is (not sure if its been mentioned before) that we need an 'MSN style' big chat room. This would mean you could come on and join the (java?) based chat room, and talk to one another in real time. I know it would save about 50% of threads here by just being able to ask the pros/watchmen questions here or there. I suppose you could argue that theres PM on this, but half the time people have full inbox, of messages take too long to be delivered. A big chat room where everyone could come and talk, and also the ability to have one to one conversations privately would also be kool. What dyu guys think?

h3llboy beat me to it. I totally think we should have a chat room on here.
Also, the balck and white kicks ass. It's hardcore. And only having ceratain people with avatars is a good idea. A symbol of significance. The Forvm is doing geat!

BrotherInArms
03-14-08, 8:03 pm
Animal reporting for duty.

Everything looks good. I'm liking the posts put up on the forvm and get a Fight Club vibe from the ABCs that have been set up.

I also like the fact that at shows now, we're rolling deep in Animal yellow and Animal red.

How about an e-mailing list with printable coupons for members of the forvm good for the shop - or - a rewards system for those frequent shoppers?

BigTimCoats
03-31-08, 10:13 pm

only been in the forvm for a couple weeks so far and dont really know how these work but everything seems to work fine

Joe_clay
04-08-08, 12:12 pm
Its good as it is, found so many useful tips etc on here that i couldnt find just using search engines or other websites, infact i dont even use a search engine etc anymore i just come on here!

Couple of things however,

the PINS within each section, could they be put into there own page rather than appearing at the top of every page, would just make it quicker to scroll through the pages.
Maybe give the PINS there own section and combine PINS from all areas into one?

Also, maybe create a better user profile? i know you could basically write all you want in the space that is there, but if there were more headings for you to fill in your info under. I use The Journey to keep my training log, maybe this could be incorporated into the profile?

Hope my feedback is useful

ghost
04-08-08, 12:30 pm
Chat room has been discussed in the past, takes up too much bandwidth. and there are too many issues that go along with it.

I'd like to see a goal tracking feature to track body weight, lift stats, size, with a calendar to mark the changes.

Sorry if this has been pushed before, I didn't read the hundreds of posts before me.
This, to my knowledge, has not been pushed.... but I feel that our NOT having that, keeps us seperate from BB.com's forums.

Its good as it is, found so many useful tips etc on here that i couldnt find just using search engines or other websites, infact i dont even use a search engine etc anymore i just come on here!

Couple of things however,

the PINS within each section, could they be put into there own page rather than appearing at the top of every page, would just make it quicker to scroll through the pages.
Maybe give the PINS there own section and combine PINS from all areas into one?

Also, maybe create a better user profile? i know you could basically write all you want in the space that is there, but if there were more headings for you to fill in your info under. I use The Journey to keep my training log, maybe this could be incorporated into the profile?

Hope my feedback is useful

As far as the Pins go, creating their own section, would take away from the effectiveness of the Pinned topic. There is a specific reason for those threads being pinned.
as far as your Journal, are you talking about doing something like the bodyspace profiles at bb.com? because that wouldnt work here... it is what keeps us seperate from them.

tom10
04-23-08, 3:08 pm
the forum is great although i have one suggestion:

is there a way to keep track of threads you've recently posted on? by this i mean if you're frequently posting on several threads at once, you have to try and remember the names of the threads and search through each time you want to check up on them.
maybe having, say, 5 threads at a time that you can tag which then come up as a list so you can jump straight to where you want to go?

also, i like that we don't have emoticons or little pictures next to names and things like that....

keep up the good work!

WeeMan
04-23-08, 3:09 pm
the forum is great although i have one suggestion:

is there a way to keep track of threads you've recently posted on? by this i mean if you're frequently posting on several threads at once, you have to try and remember the names of the threads and search through each time you want to check up on them.
maybe having, say, 5 threads at a time that you can tag which then come up as a list so you can jump straight to where you want to go?

also, i like that we don't have emoticons or little pictures next to names and things like that....

keep up the good work!

its called 'My Settings' bro

tom10
04-23-08, 3:11 pm
forget my last post. i am an idiot.....

just clicked on 'my settings' and answered my own question.

10 push ups for being a dickhead!

houseofpain
05-01-08, 2:43 pm
I feel like a couple things could be changed. For instance, once something is under "my settings", every time you click on that topic, it brings you to the beginning. I think since it's in your settings and you've posted on it, it should shoot you right to the last post. This happens, but I've noticed only when you click on a topic you have not posted on yet. It gets a bit frustrating if I have to scroll up to see what the first original post actually was. I think these two should be reversed. So lets review:

Shoot to last post in a topic that you have already posted on when you click on it from "my settings"
DON'T go to the last post automatically in a topic if you haven't posted in it.

Thanks for reading.

Joe_clay
05-04-08, 11:17 am
How about RSS feeds?? could alert you when there is a new post in one of your subbed threads or alert you when there is a new thread in a particular category.

Not essential i guess just a nice feature to have :D

MassMan
05-04-08, 10:29 pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals, but the 15 second waiting period in between searches seem kinda pointless, unless I'm missing out on something....

Wasteland
06-02-08, 5:09 pm
Been away for a while, but it looks like none of the wheels have fallen off, lol. Good to see this place busier than ever.

brandonA
06-02-08, 5:51 pm
In light of KAM's last post, I have a few questions for the Legion. Are we (Watchmen, Henchman) doing the job that we have been tasked with? Do you (The Legion), feel that we are heavy handed in any way? Do any of you feel that we are picking on any one member? Do you feel that anyone member has been singled out by reciving excessive bans?

Please tell us how we are doing. I, for one, am very intersted in what you have to say...

-B

Elite
06-02-08, 5:56 pm
I light of KAM's last post, I have a few questions for the Legion. Are we (Watchmen, Henchman) doing the job that we have been tasked with? Do you (The Legion), feel that we are heavy handed in any way? Do any of you feel that we are picking on any one member? Do you feel that anyone member has been singled out by reciving excessive bans?

Please tell us how we are doing. I, for one, am very intersted in what you have to say...

-B

x2

I feel somehow i've come across in a bad way, here? at the Arnold? I dont know.
Also im never pm'd a fraction as much as fellow Watchmen, regarding issues or general Q's, so i need to know if im really in a position to still be a Watchman.

Thanks.

stumblin54
06-02-08, 6:09 pm
I have been quiet around here lately, reading much more than posting, and I've come to realize that much of what is written here is BS. Not all bad, but surely not all good. If the watchmen (and henchmen) feel as if something posted here does not belong then they should have every right to do what they feel is necessary. If a member cannot take it, such as KAM, then so be it. I have no time for pussies in my life. Grow some thicker skin, man up, and get the fuck over it. Life's not fair, never has been, never will be...and I am surely not saying that we are not being fair, because I see everything that goes on here, and although I am not as vocal as others, I always like what I see as a result for questionable behavior.

Stumblin

Mr. Dead
06-02-08, 6:13 pm
Any issues I've had on here have been dealt with promptly, and in a professional manner... Aside from the occasional personal conflicts, during a heated debate, things have been relatively smooth around here, just from my own observations... And, I've never had a problem with any of the Henchmen and Watchmen or the way that they handle business... Just my own 2 cents...

Hoffdogg
06-02-08, 6:20 pm
I have been quiet around here lately, reading much more than posting, and I've come to realize that much of what is written here is BS. Not all bad, but surely not all good. If the watchmen (and henchmen) feel as if something posted here does not belong then they should have every right to do what they feel is necessary. If a member cannot take it, such as KAM, then so be it. I have no time for pussies in my life. Grow some thicker skin, man up, and get the fuck over it. Life's not fair, never has been, never will be...and I am surely not saying that we are not being fair, because I see everything that goes on here, and although I am not as vocal as others, I always like what I see as a result for questionable behavior.

Stumblin
I agree completely with this, I don't post as much as some but I do read through a lot. I ignore the BS and take in the good, seems to me it's working out pretty good here. There are always going to be the 10% (I remember that phrase from the service) that try to fuck shit up...it's the Internet.

ghost
06-02-08, 6:27 pm
In light of KAM's last post, I have a few questions for the Legion. Are we (Watchmen, Henchman) doing the job that we have been tasked with? Do you (The Legion), feel that we are heavy handed in any way? Do any of you feel that we are picking on any one member? Do you feel that anyone member has been singled out by reciving excessive bans?

-B

ooooooh oooooooh yeah, i wanna hear how we are doing as well....

mikejones1
06-02-08, 6:47 pm
imo everything is going fine on the forum. i dont see anything wrong. i see a strong brotherhood.

what i see more than anything is new members, and a lot of these animals seem new to the game. I see them post up thread or questions without first reading the FAQ's or running a search for other threads on the question they have. But maybe things arent so easy for them to find.

so i guess i have a suggestion?
in the training section of the forum, in a certain section, have a section branch off where...
its lists each main body part, for newer guys to ask questions.
Shoulders -
Back -
Chest -
Arms -
Legs -

I dont know this post is a little out there but maybe someone gets what im trying to say.

I try and help the new guys out every now and then giving them knowledge or ideas on things ive learned from others, and some things ive learned the hard way.

The pros do a great job of helping. But I think the Legion needs to step up and assist these newer guys and help guide them in the right direction.

Dont get me wrong, I think the legion is doing a good job too, but we all can always do better.

JMC
06-02-08, 6:53 pm

Stumblin

100% agree. I've also been absent lately moreso for work purposes though. I get on any free time I have and read a lot of posts. If I notice legit questions or concerns not being answered be fellow Henchman/Watchmen, I put work aside to answer the best I can. That said, what I have noticed, which is the nature of the beast with 14K new members all in less than 2 years, is the same information being regurgitated over and over. The search function is there for our benefit. Sometimes its a pain because it will turn out 50 pages of crap to get to your answer. But questions like when to take a supp, c'mon, answered again and again. And guess what, a lot of answers are on the fuckin can!

This sometimes leads to questions not being answered, people getting frustrated, then more shitty posts.

pmug0000
06-02-08, 6:59 pm

-B

I think the forum is about as good as it can be. There's always gonna be bullshit posts, and bullshit threads, and people being dicks, but what can you do? It's an open forum, and I think the watchmen and henchmen are doing a great job making the forum the best it can be.

And what the fuck is up with everyone freaking out about KAM leaving? He's one member out of about 14,000. We don't all need to go rethink our lives because one dude didn't feel like he fit in. Get over it, and keep doing what you do.

pmug0000
06-02-08, 7:02 pm

Stumblin

Great post! It's too bad you've decided keep your thoughts to yourself lately.

Carpe Diem P.T
06-02-08, 8:09 pm
I obviously post a lot. A lot of abstract threads that are often close to verging on being 'off topic'. I appreciate that the majority are left as is and not thrown in to the offtopic thread. I think the watchmen deal with this very well.

stumblin54
06-02-08, 8:34 pm
Great post! It's too bad you've decided keep your thoughts to yourself lately.

Sometimes you say more by not saying anything at all.

Stumblin

Maccabee
06-03-08, 1:42 am
imo everything is going fine on the forum. i dont see anything wrong. i see a strong brotherhood.

what i see more than anything is new members, and a lot of these animals seem new to the game. I see them post up thread or questions without first reading the FAQ's or running a search for other threads on the question they have. But maybe things arent so easy for them to find.

in the training section of the forum, in a certain section, have a section branch off where...
Shoulders -
Back -
Chest -
Arms -
Legs -

I dont know this post is a little out there but maybe someone gets what im trying to say.

I try and help the new guys out every now and then giving them knowledge or ideas on things ive learned from others, and some things ive learned the hard way.

The pros do a great job of helping. But I think the Legion needs to step up and assist these newer guys and help guide them in the right direction.

Dont get me wrong, I think the legion is doing a good job too, but we all can always do better.

I think this is a great idea.

It will keep things more organized.

I think this is the best forum around now. Compare it to the other ones...It pissed me off to go to other forums all they talk about is bullshit and they just all fight the whole time. Shit here on the forum is great. Yeah disagreements happen here and there but you dont see anyone threating to kill some one else like other places. People here are great and you can see that every one respects each other.

simpleguy
06-03-08, 9:21 am
a lot of answers are on the fuckin can!

yeah, it's like there are these questions about when to take pump, almost daily, but they just have to look on the damn can

ghost
06-03-08, 9:23 am
yeah, it's like there are these questions about when to take pump, almost daily, but they just have to look on the damn can

While the answers may be on the can, people sometimes just need to be reassured of what was printed on the can.

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 9:25 am

Shoulders -
Back -
Chest -
Arms -
Legs -

THey have Article in the training section of the actual web site...so it seems like that is reinventing the wheel..but I agree totally with your opinion...everyone was new at sometime...

J-Dawg
06-03-08, 9:26 am

Stumblin

Stumblin great post bro. I think if we come across such threads were BS and untruths are being spoken, we all (myself included) have an obligation to correct it. This is what will help The Forvm grow stronger and will also keep people from posting more BS.

J-Dawg
06-03-08, 9:29 am
While the answers may be on the can, people sometimes just need to be reassured of what was printed on the can.

Without a doubt. And if someone doesn't understand how to use a supplement, how to properly set up their diet/training routine, we welcome them to post it here. We were all novices and unsure about something in our lives and if we can be the ones to help a brother out and give him the answer or reassurance needed to better himself, then let's guide him in the right direction.

J-Dawg
06-03-08, 9:36 am

Shoulders -
Back -
Chest -
Arms -
Legs -

You bring up a great point B. I think if these posts come up, it's a chance for us to remind these fellas that searching/reading is what they need to do first prior to asking questions. I think most people when starting out a new area in their life, often have way more questions than answers. As more seasoned vets here, we need to be the ones show them how to do it properly.

js71474
06-03-08, 9:48 am
I for one have found a home here. When someone needs help, help is there, if you need motivation it can easily be found, if you are in need of some tweaking to any aspect of a journey it will be there, if someone stumbles they will be picked up and dusted off, I could go on and on but basically this is the only place to be in my opinion. I have found everything I was looking for and a whole lot more, and also I have never seen a brotherhood this strong! The state of this forvm is great and it continues to be the best there is! My 2 cents thrown in.

kent20
06-03-08, 11:56 pm
I love the FORVM and think it is going great. A lot of posts lately have questioned the integrity of it but i don't see anything wrong with it. In my opinion KAM leaving was a good thing. He complained about being put down but i've read many of his posts that were mean and very condescending. I have learned a lot from the FORVM and i think that has created a great brotherhood.

simpleguy
06-04-08, 12:20 am
I love the FORVM and think it is going great. A lot of posts lately have questioned the integrity of it but i don't see anything wrong with it. In my opinion KAM leaving was a good thing. He complained about being put down but i've read many of his posts that were mean and very condescending. I have learned a lot from the FORVM and i think that has created a great brotherhood.

bro you've been on the forvm for a month and you're already happy about someone leaving? hmm

kent20
06-04-08, 10:22 pm
bro you've been on the forvm for a month and you're already happy about someone leaving? hmm

i said i was happy that he was leaving because of how he posted. I saw him ridicule a natural guy's workout and tell him that it wouldnt work no matter how many calories he ate. I disagree completely with that because there a lot of factors on how a person can grow. i.e. genetics, dedication, knowledge, diet etc. I've also seen him viciously put down a person's diet when the guy just wanted help. I am new here and if a member treated me that way when i asked for advice, i wouldn't stay here long.

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 10:24 pm
i said i was happy that he was leaving because of how he posted. I saw him ridicule a natural guy's workout and tell him that it wouldnt work no matter how many calories he ate. I disagree completely with that because there a lot of factors on how a person can grow. i.e. genetics, dedication, knowledge, diet etc. I've also seen him viciously put down a person's diet when the guy just wanted help. I am new here and if a member treated me that way when i asked for advice, i wouldn't stay here long.

the reason why i put down that guy's diet was explained to a watchman
if you need an explaination feel free to ask rcrott1

kent20
06-04-08, 10:31 pm
the reason why i put down that guy's diet was explained to a watchman
if you need an explaination feel free to ask rcrott1

i don't need an explanation, i'm just expressing my opinion

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 10:33 pm
i don't need an explanation, i'm just expressing my opinion

alright, would you give an opinion on why machine doesnt compete anymore even thought you dont know machine?

if the answer is no
i guess the same answer applies for my reason why i did what i did

kent20
06-04-08, 10:35 pm
no i wouldn't, that's why i said i didn't agree with the way you posted. I don't know you personally, but i do see the posts you put on here.

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 10:37 pm
no i wouldn't, that's why i said i didn't agree with the way you posted. I don't know you personally, but i do see the posts you put on here.

same thing bro
you said i bashed a guy's diet

but i guess you didnt know
that me, chandler, ox and tons of other guys explained him what and how to do
more than twice each of us, and the rest of my reasons i wont said them here

kent20
06-04-08, 10:39 pm
what about the natural guy's workout?

ghost
06-04-08, 10:40 pm
Guys, keep it civil.

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 10:41 pm
what about the natural guy's workout?

i didnt bash it, read between the lines, i said with that much volume, you could get injuries really quick and your recovery is not so great if you are natural

that was my opinion
there was no bashin there

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 10:41 pm
Guys, keep it civil.

i dont think i am doing wrong am i?
let me know and i leave this thread alone

kent20
06-04-08, 10:44 pm
hey KAM, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I don't have anything personal against you. I disagreed with some stuff you said, but i went about saying it wrongly, and i want to apologize. I'm glad you didn't leave, and i say we just put all this behind us.

mcbeast
06-04-08, 10:48 pm
Settle down children..

Were GROWN MEN here (and women).We need to lead by example,were all allowed our own opinions.They should never interfere with anothers opinion,if anyone feels like they need to get aggressive to "prove a point" they should not be here in the first place

rev8ball
06-04-08, 10:50 pm
Move along, gentlemen, or infractions will be handed out....

mikejones1
06-04-08, 11:21 pm
wow, some people really need to grow up

just leave this alone like rcott said

because its all bs

kent20
06-04-08, 11:40 pm
After reading my last posts i realize i do need to grow up. That was all bullshit and i'm ashamed i let it get to that. To get back to what the thread is supposed to be about, i want to say i love the forvm and i want to give a big thanks for the guys who run it. Thanks for doin what you do and puttin up with guys like me.

simpleguy
06-05-08, 12:29 am
Guys, keep it civil.

Settle down children..

Were GROWN MEN here (and women).We need to lead by example,were all allowed our own opinions.They should never interfere with anothers opinion,if anyone feels like they need to get aggressive to "prove a point" they should not be here in the first place

Move along, gentlemen, or infractions will be handed out....

wow, some people really need to grow up

just leave this alone like rcott said

because its all bs

huh? you guys... what in the world is going on in here? it's like the other day I was talking with chandler on the keto thread debating on cardio and diet - and I mean debating politely and all of a sudden we get them 'warnings' from watchmen and other stuff... no rules were broken but we still got warned about 5 or 10 times

am I missing something?

rev8ball
06-05-08, 12:42 am
huh? you guys... what in the world is going on in here? it's like the other day I was talking with chandler on the keto thread debating on cardio and diet - and I mean debating politely and all of a sudden we get them 'warnings' from watchmen and other stuff... no rules were broken but we still got warned about 5 or 10 times

am I missing something?

Our job is to maintain a certain civility in the Forvm amongst the members. When a thread starts to get a little out of control, we step in to remind people. We want to make sure things get things back on track before it gets to the point where infractions may be incurred.

12) Debating vs. Arguing
As many of you know from your time here, the Forvm is unlike any other. It's a supportive community of like-minded lifters who are serious about achieving their goals. But a community is not strong when dissenting opinions are stifled. We are individuals and we all bring a unique perspective to the table. We all want lively discussions as well as a passionate exchange of ideas. That said, we believe there's a right way and a wrong way to express opinions. You can present your ideas in a forceful, well-thought, and persuasive way, and back them up without insulting others. When done respectfully and rationally--like adults--it's "debating". This is what we encourage and like to see here. Arguing is when you start slinging insults and resort to name calling. When discussion devolves into schoolyard bickering. This is something that's best left for children. This is the F O R V M, not the playground. We want intelligent, rational debates. We don't want petty arguments or posts where members are in it just for the sake of winning. It ain't a pissing contest. Win, lose, who the fuck cares? It's all about furthering our knowledge and understanding, and not about ego. Realizing the difference between "debating" and "arguing" is what will set us apart from the rest and make the Forvm stronger. See also Rules #2 and #4.

simpleguy
06-05-08, 12:46 am
Our job is to maintain a certain civility in the Forvm amongst the members. When a thread starts to get a little out of control, we step in to remind people. We want to make sure things get things back on track before it gets to the point where infractions may be incurred.

true that bro... what I mean is, in my case, there was nothing but debating, no arguing at all... oh well, believe me I read that rule about 5 times or so

ghost
06-05-08, 7:41 am

12) Debating vs. Arguing
As many of you know from your time here, the Forvm is unlike any other. It's a supportive community of like-minded lifters who are serious about achieving their goals. But a community is not strong when dissenting opinions are stifled. We are individuals and we all bring a unique perspective to the table. We all want lively discussions as well as a passionate exchange of ideas. That said, we believe there's a right way and a wrong way to express opinions. You can present your ideas in a forceful, well-thought, and persuasive way, and back them up without insulting others. When done respectfully and rationally--like adults--it's "debating". This is what we encourage and like to see here. Arguing is when you start slinging insults and resort to name calling. When discussion devolves into schoolyard bickering. This is something that's best left for children. This is the F O R V M, not the playground. We want intelligent, rational debates. We don't want petty arguments or posts where members are in it just for the sake of winning. It ain't a pissing contest. Win, lose, who the fuck cares? It's all about furthering our knowledge and understanding, and not about ego. Realizing the difference between "debating" and "arguing" is what will set us apart from the rest and make the Forvm stronger. See also Rules #2 and #4.

well said Rev! and simpleguy, While simple debating between "friends" may be just that, to others it looks like arguing.

CMChristich
06-25-08, 8:17 am
I think you guys need your own TV channel.

GatorMP_69
06-27-08, 4:46 pm
Leave it as is, Brother! There is nothin wrong with it. If you're in here and see somethin that offends ya, stop lookin. The thoughts and words that make up the FORVM are from the heart and, for the most part, what's goin on right now. If ya had a bad day or shit didn't go your way in the gym, this is your venting area. If ya had a great day and you pushed yourself to a new high, this is the place to let everyone know how you're doing. This is your celebration zone. There are tons of information from the pros and others here that I know I use A LOT!!! The FORVM is perfect the way it is.

Gator

Amateur5365
07-15-08, 1:30 pm
Love the forvm - wouldn't change a thing.

Joshua F
09-23-08, 11:06 am
I Love this Forvm No need to chage anything!!!!!!

mhammer12
09-23-08, 12:50 pm
I'm still fairly new to the Forvm but everything I have seen so far is great. I've started a few threads with questions and within five minutes somebody responded with help and advice. There is nothing else out there like this and I'm proud to be part of this brotherhood!

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 7:20 am
Im new here as well. Seems like a great forum with a wealth of knowledge being shared. Glad to be a part of it.

AlphaBrass01
03-20-09, 1:34 pm
I am very glad to be here - great place!

IronWilson
03-24-09, 7:03 pm
I think you guys need your own TV channel.

Internet Channel maybe..... Or something like a weekly podcast.

People love the Animal videos a lot. Internet Television is really exploding lately. Animal TV with an RSS feed would be awesome. It would probably give MDTV a run for their money.

Elite
03-24-09, 9:19 pm
Good feedback B.C.
Im glad you took the time to lay out your observations. More people need to input there ideas/suggestions/grievances/opinions/appraisals on this site, to keep it on the straight & narrow and uphold its standing. Feedback and clearing the air or becoming clearer on issues that arise in this place can only help the forvm and its legion as a whole.

B.C.
03-24-09, 9:32 pm
Good feedback B.C.
Im glad you took the time to lay out your observations. More people need to input there ideas/suggestions/grievances/opinions/appraisals on this site, to keep it on the straight & narrow and uphold its standing. Feedback and clearing the air or becoming clearer on issues that arise in this place can only help the forvm and its legion as a whole.

No problemo.

B.C.
03-25-09, 5:54 am
I just got a PM from ThirdEye. It seems there may be some confusion now about the post he was referring to, because it accidentally got deleted. It'll be impossible to re-create it from memory, but here's the basics:

I've had a lot of time to cruise around the forvm the last couple days. I checked out a lot of threads I wouldn't normally have looked at. I peeked in on a few journeys, hit up some of the newer threads in the other sections, and caught the list of new Henchmen...BIG congrats to all of you by the way, from the ones I know, it was well deserved. Here are a few things I noticed:

- There are a lot LESS assholes around. The Henchmen/Watchmen have done an awesome job at getting rid of those that didn't play well with others.

- There are a lot MORE beginners around. When I first signed up, the forvm consisted of the original Watchmen/Henchmen/Pros, U-Rep, and a handful of members, who were mostly experienced in their chosen sport and dedicated to the Universal/Animal label. This place has grown a lot since then, and a lot of the newer members are pretty new to the iron game, and they're getting younger and younger too. It's a little more mainstream and a little less hardcore, but the idiots must be posting someplace else.

- Powerlifters are inspiring creatures, even to those of us not on the Dark Side.

- Machine and J-Rock seemed to have dropped off the face of the planet, and this makes me sad.

- As the number of threads continues to grow, I'm having a bit of trouble with the search function. I may be doing something wrong, but I can't get it to search for a specific set of words, like "best lifting belt". It gives me every thread, or post, that contains any of those words, and those are some pretty common words around here. Question: Can I use punctuation in my searches; meaning, can I use quotations, or plus signs between words, to narrow the search down to only those threads/posts that contain all of my keywords?

- The ABC is one of the coolest "organizations" I have ever seen, and it is a great deal responsible for the way the Forvm absolutely blew up last year.

- The way Universal/Animal takes care of it's fan base through promos is amazing. It seems like there's a new promo every week. No other company out there gives back to it's consumers like Universal. That's why Animals are the most loyal consumers around...and that's the truth.

There ya go Animals. That was the feedback ThirdEye was talking about. Sorry for any confusion.

ghost
03-25-09, 6:56 am
BC, those are some great points.

Machine will be back, this i promise you.

search feature, have you tried clicking on the "Maybe something more specific" feature?

powerlifting ftw. :)

we have tried our best to keep the "assholes" at bay, and keep the problems at a minimum. There are times when they slip by us, but we try our best.

a lot of the original mods are still around, just posting as regular members... look at Wasteland.

All of us were beginners at one time, and the ones that are coming around here do seem younger, or are we getting older? haha.... but thankfully they are smart enough to take advice and criticism.

Promos.... You guys are loyal to us, and we are loyal to you. the company shows that by giving back to you guys. There are not many companies in the world that do this, but Universal sure is one of the top.

The ABCs are amazing.... G did a phenomenal job getting this off the ground. but remember, without you guys, the abc would just be a good idea on paper.

hope those helped with some of the stuff BC.... great post by the way!

B.C.
03-25-09, 5:27 pm
I haven't tried that feature yet, I'll give it a shot.

belladiabla13
04-02-09, 12:01 am

I think it would be great if you have your picture by your name. It's always good to be able to place a face with a name. Especially in a place like this where you share so much of yourself. Just my 2 cents!!!

Angst
04-02-09, 12:12 am
I think it would be great if you have your picture by your name. It's always good to be able to place a face with a name. Especially in a place like this where you share so much of yourself. Just my 2 cents!!!

I know a lot of other message boards has it. One of the reasons we don't have customized avatars is because we have something better, the ABCs. It is a great way to meet like-minded individuals. I think the Ohio chapter is pretty active.

Wasteland
05-21-09, 9:49 am
I know a lot of other message boards has it. One of the reasons we don't have customized avatars is because we have something better, the ABCs. It is a great way to meet like-minded individuals. I think the Ohio chapter is pretty active.

Good point Angst. Me, I find that avatars can be distracting, like judging a book by it's covers. I make conscious and unconscious judgments about members when I see an avatar. Sometimes, my initial impressions change dramatically after hearing a member speak. I guess what I'm trying to say is, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'll take the words nonetheless. Ok, enough with the cliches, lol.

GJN5002
05-21-09, 11:01 am

I think we should put avatars up. I think some young bucks give credit to peple with large post numbers and a legionary etc under their user name. Truth is, many times, people with ridiculous numbers of posts have a lot of useless posts. You can talk a big game all day when there is no picture, or results, to back up what you are saying. In some situations, you can tell when someone is full of shit, but that may depend on how much you know. If someone has built a respectable physique and wants to critique what I'm saying, I'm all ears, if someone wants respect just because they have 3000 posts, no way.

rajagiri
06-08-09, 3:35 am
I really like the forum... for the moment, I can't think of something new in here but I'm sure that this will always be a great place..

ghost
06-08-09, 7:14 am
Good point Angst. Me, I find that avatars can be distracting, like judging a book by it's covers. I make conscious and unconscious judgments about members when I see an avatar. Sometimes, my initial impressions change dramatically after hearing a member speak. I guess what I'm trying to say is, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'll take the words nonetheless. Ok, enough with the cliches, lol.
Not only are they distracting, it would be another thing we have to monitor. some people may find certain AV's offensive. and they take up bandwidth.

Mr. Dead
06-10-09, 5:59 pm
Not only are they distracting, it would be another thing we have to monitor. some people may find certain AV's offensive. and they take up bandwidth.

Exactly... And some of us are still stuck using dial-up...

skychof09
11-25-09, 7:26 pm
On a different approach, doing 20k in one go is a lot to ask of the mind to ensure good technique throughout to avoid injury.

20k a day is huge, why so far?

Ian B.

metfan
11-25-09, 10:51 pm
Forvm is cool with me. Great articles and Journals. A ton of info and an endless support from what I have seen.

Signed up in 07 but never really posted. I think the Icon's are a better idea than avi's myself. Everyone is on a level playing field and are here for the same reasons.

As for change, not anything in particular as I prefer the stripped down, bare bones approach. No sense getting all glammed up when none of us take that approach in the gym.

TheDukeUSMC
12-30-09, 9:26 am
I have enjoyed the Forvm for my training (karate and lifting) my suggestions would be to keep in the same, no pictures, avis, or anything that cutters the other boards. More articles and tips from the Animals here.

jandirigma
04-21-10, 1:43 am
Right now, I can't think of anything to change. This is the best forum I've seen. No nonsense, no hype, no internet punks, just the necessities and our brothers in the iron. I mean, some forums I've seen have their own section for porn and internet feuds and it just ain't right. Great work over here fellas!

Jay
05-12-10, 1:39 am
the state of the forvm is...... alive and awesome.

LegendKillerJosh
06-02-10, 3:35 pm
I would like it if you got a notification if someone quoted one of your posts and posted in one of your threads. That would be a sweet upgrade for the forvm.

Animal Rep
06-02-10, 3:52 pm
the state of the forvm is...... alive and awesome.

Perfect.

Baldr
06-02-10, 4:35 pm
I think it's fine. I haven't really been here long but it seems like a huge collection of knowledge. It doesn't really need to be anything more. The update on posts thing would be sweet.

J-Dawg
06-02-10, 4:37 pm
I would like it if you got a notification if someone quoted one of your posts and posted in one of your threads. That would be a sweet upgrade for the forvm.

There is an option in Your Control Panel that you can set to get notification if someone has posted in a thread you've posted in:

Go to My Settings
Look on the left hand side below the column Your Control Panel
Go to Settings & Options and look for Edit My Options
Click on Edit My Options
When this screen opens up, go down until you reach Default Thread Subscription Mode
Change the setting here to suit your needs. If you select No Email Notification, you'll be subscribed to threads now but only in your User CP. *I prefer this option so that I don't get slammed with a bunch of emails each time someone posts in a thread that I've been in*
However, if you don't mind the extra emails you can choose one of the following to give you notice via email: Instant Email Notification, Daily Email Notification, etc.

Hope that helps.

Baldr
06-02-10, 4:50 pm
I checked out what u were talking about, but I'm not gunna do it because of what u said. I don't want alot of emails. Thanks for the tip though.

Mr. Dead
06-02-10, 4:58 pm
I checked out what u were talking about, but I'm not gunna do it because of what u said. I don't want alot of emails. Thanks for the tip though.

You have the option of choosing whether or not you want e-mail notification, or not...

LegendKillerJosh
06-02-10, 11:46 pm
There is an option in Your Control Panel that you can set to get notification if someone has posted in a thread you've posted in:

Go to My Settings
Look on the left hand side below the column Your Control Panel
Go to Settings & Options and look for Edit My Options
Click on Edit My Options
When this screen opens up, go down until you reach Default Thread Subscription Mode
Change the setting here to suit your needs. If you select No Email Notification, you'll be subscribed to threads now but only in your User CP. *I prefer this option so that I don't get slammed with a bunch of emails each time someone posts in a thread that I've been in*
However, if you don't mind the extra emails you can choose one of the following to give you notice via email: Instant Email Notification, Daily Email Notification, etc.

Hope that helps.

thanks

Sprint
07-12-10, 11:09 am
I think its absolutely fine as it is. As mentioned before, people trying to stir up shit get dealt with swiftly, things rarely if ever descend into the arguments you see elsewhere and when they do, the ones resonsible are removed.
As for the design/layout and stuff, somebody mentioned about icons or pics (if thats what they mean by avatars, i dunno exactly what an avatar is, i never saw the film) i prefer it with just the names and very brief info such as location.
This thread just got me wondering, how many members are there now?

Sprint
07-12-10, 11:10 am
Just read at the bottom of the Forvm homepage...26,498 members.
Amazing what you can see if you open your eyes.

charlievanriper
07-12-10, 11:17 am
Getting better every yr, and the Legion is a growing boys and girls. We are making an impact everywhere. People that once looked at me with weird eyes for wearing my shirts are now Smiling with recognition.

WE ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH!!!!!!

BamBam
09-02-10, 8:32 pm
I believe the FORVM is stronger than ever. We continually see the pros on board here getting bigger and better, leaving a bigger mark on the competitive landscape as we know it and give us more to learn from and motivate us with. Our numbers are steadily growing and that means the word about ANIMAL is reaching untapped masses or majorities/minorities. This allows for further and further growth and the ability for one another to give and take knowledge, experience, ideas, etc etc etc etc as they please. We are adding new pros and some younger top tier amateur guys seems to be monthly, so to say anything negative about the FORVM or what UNIVERSAL is trying to do for us, with us, to us, etc... is wrong. Yes, things may get rocky from time to time and shit gets off kilter but thats life. Shit, if you go out and marry Scarlett Johanson, and you get into a fight or you disagree sometimes, doesn't mean u should leave her or quit. Keep fighting the good fight, your fight, whatever that may be. You have a brother in iron in me, in your corner. Stop worrying about what tomorrow may hold for the ANIMAL LEGION, and concentrate on what today has brought you and how you can use that to better yourself and those around you. Like aint easy, but thats why every second is worth the fight...

IN IRON,
BB-

BamBam
09-02-10, 8:58 pm
I believe the FORVM is stronger than ever. We continually see the pros on board here getting bigger and better, leaving a bigger mark on the competitive landscape as we know it and give us more to learn from and motivate us with. Our numbers are steadily growing and that means the word about ANIMAL is reaching untapped masses or majorities/minorities. This allows for further and further growth and the ability for one another to give and take knowledge, experience, ideas, etc etc etc etc as they please. We are adding new pros and some younger top tier amateur guys seems to be monthly, so to say anything negative about the FORVM or what UNIVERSAL is trying to do for us, with us, to us, etc... is wrong. Yes, things may get rocky from time to time and shit gets off kilter but thats life. Shit, if you go out and marry Scarlett Johanson, and you get into a fight or you disagree sometimes, doesn't mean u should leave her or quit. Keep fighting the good fight, your fight, whatever that may be. You have a brother in iron in me, in your corner. Stop worrying about what tomorrow may hold for the ANIMAL LEGION, and concentrate on what today has brought you and how you can use that to better yourself and those around you. Like aint easy, but thats why every second is worth the fight...

IN IRON,
BB-

Hmmmm... perhaps I have lived too long with rose colored glasses on with a jaded view? i dont know. Oh well... 200 lbs is still 200 lbs...

BB-

Sprint
09-03-10, 8:30 am
Hmmmm... perhaps I have lived too long with rose colored glasses on with a jaded view? i dont know. Oh well... 200 lbs is still 200 lbs...

BB-

Hang in there Bam-man, we're on the same page.

BamBam
09-03-10, 10:30 am
Hang in there Bam-man, we're on the same page.

I have a strong grip, but it is hard to grip when things are covered in oil.. guess that's a good way to describe it. Oh well... I'm still working on picking up THOR's hammer I guess...

Mr.Dead will get that line..... lol

Mr. Dead
10-13-10, 11:47 pm
I have a strong grip, but it is hard to grip when things are covered in oil.. guess that's a good way to describe it. Oh well... I'm still working on picking up THOR's hammer I guess...

Mr.Dead will get that line..... lol

Time to lift the hammer...

charlievanriper
10-19-10, 2:04 pm
Man this is so Gay, I can barely see whats written. bring back the old forum!

BamBam
10-19-10, 2:06 pm
Time to lift the hammer...

Tell me when....

Sprint
10-20-10, 6:11 am
Man this is so Gay, I can barely see whats written. bring back the old forum!

It wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing.

Until now.

Razor
10-20-10, 1:04 pm

Until now.

Fellas fellas, this is an upgrade and with all upgrades it takes time and never happens in one shot. Please be patient while our boys handle this. i wholeheartedly agree with J when he said it will be a better experience for all of us. Hang tight brothers.

Mr. Dead
10-20-10, 1:15 pm
Fellas fellas, this is an upgrade and with all upgrades it takes time and never happens in one shot. Please be patient while our boys handle this. i wholeheartedly agree with J when he said it will be a better experience for all of us. Hang tight brothers.

Can't make an omelette, without breakin' some eggs... Corny, but true...

Razor
10-20-10, 1:18 pm

mmmmm eggs mmmmm lunch time! haha

ghost
10-20-10, 1:19 pm

Until now.

and what problems are you seeing with it still?

BamBam
10-20-10, 1:49 pm

Me likey omellete.. Not to self.. *fix these later..*

Anywho, seems like every day the FORVM is getting changed around and getting things "back to normal".. I noticed today with the color of the quote boxes from white, to the now gray.

IN IRON,
BB-

Sprint
10-20-10, 6:14 pm
and what problems are you seeing with it still?

It's improving every time I come back.

My 1 gripe left is the subscription updates, whereas before when you checked the updates it only showed the threads that have been updated & now when I go to subscription updates it gives a list of what appears to be every thread I've ever posted in.

Not the end of the world, admittedly & maybe I'm being a berk & looking in the wrong place.

Sprint
10-20-10, 6:33 pm
Something else, have a few threads been cleaned up/deleted?

Reason I ask is because when I check the total number of posts, it's below the magic 1,000,000 mark we all got so excited about.

Shukin
10-22-10, 8:08 pm
Honestly, I am finding it hard to navigate around the new forvm, so much to the point that I am becoming less active! I was on a roll there for a while checking threads, replying and working on my journey.....
There used to be a "first unread post" option, so if I hadn't checked ie. Higa's Strongman in a week, I could pick up where I left off, and that was the case for all the 'long' threads I had been following. Now I have to re-read, guess, thumb through, frankly, it's a pain in the ass!
That was such a great feature!
Look, I lift weights, I'm not a tech guy, don't really want to re-learn how to use this page.......
The forvm really means a lot to me, keeps me motivated, well it used to, now it is just frustrating!

Respect,
Shukin

Sprint
10-23-10, 5:54 pm
Honestly, I am finding it hard to navigate around the new forvm, so much to the point that I am becoming less active! I was on a roll there for a while checking threads, replying and working on my journey.....
There used to be a "first unread post" option, so if I hadn't checked ie. Higa's Strongman in a week, I could pick up where I left off, and that was the case for all the 'long' threads I had been following. Now I have to re-read, guess, thumb through, frankly, it's a pain in the ass!
That was such a great feature!
Look, I lift weights, I'm not a tech guy, don't really want to re-learn how to use this page.......
The forvm really means a lot to me, keeps me motivated, well it used to, now it is just frustrating!

Respect,
Shukin

x2

It used to be the first thing I logged onto everytime, every day without fail.

Yesterday I didn't log in at all.

It's not a case of complaining for the sake of it, or not wanting to embrace change. It's a case of things being a pain in the ass, as mentioned above now you've got to thumb through. Maybe these glitches will be sorted, I don't know. Like Shukin, I'm not a tech-guy. Wireless technology etc may as well be witchcraft to me.

As far as I could tell, The Forvm wasn't broke before. There must've been a reason for the overhaul, but what ever the question was, the current state of things is not the answer.

Shukin
10-23-10, 7:51 pm
I have lost all desire to participate in the forvm anymore....sorry but it is true. I don't know if what we are seeing now is just a stage in the improvement, but I don't like this stage! After today I will no longer be checking in to the forvm because instead of becoming motivated I am becoming frustrated........
If by any chance things go back to the way they were someone please pm me so I get an email about ti and I will gladly return.

All do respect,
Shukin

Sprint
10-24-10, 3:30 pm
I have lost all desire to participate in the forvm anymore....sorry but it is true. I don't know if what we are seeing now is just a stage in the improvement, but I don't like this stage! After today I will no longer be checking in to the forvm because instead of becoming motivated I am becoming frustrated........
If by any chance things go back to the way they were someone please pm me so I get an email about ti and I will gladly return.

All do respect,
Shukin

Sorry to see you go, bro. I'll keep you updated if it changes while I'm still here.

I have a hunch we'll be seeing a few more posts like this in the near future.

D-Bomb
10-24-10, 4:06 pm
To be honest in my opinion its really not hard to get used to...im already zooming around, take a bit of time to just click and look for shit...an then your back to full speed...its kinda like facebook...changed everything at least 5 times an you just adapt an grow to it...like bodybuilding.

Mr. Dead
10-24-10, 11:18 pm

All do respect,
Shukin

Then check your PM's...

Mr. Dead
10-24-10, 11:38 pm
I guess I'm a little confused here... I'm seeing a lot of posts, griping, and people saying that they're leaving, instead of seeing if their concerns have even been heard, or have had a chance to be acted upon... Some things are a simple fix, and others take a little more time... And, whether we are bodybuilders, powerlifters, or just casual lifters, we should all know that change is inevitable... If not... Why lift...??? Just sayin'...

Thunder Chicken
10-24-10, 11:46 pm
i said this on another thread, but i dont like change BUT i deal with it and go on. if some people wanna leave that's fine, I'm sorry to hear you wanna leave. Me: I'm going to stay with my brothers that make me feel good about myself and keep me going. so Animal thank you for making a FORVM, and thank you for having me and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon!

musclealchemist
10-25-10, 12:20 am
i actually like the new forum, the new UI is nice to look at. If you dont like it then leave.

Shukin
10-28-10, 8:13 pm
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the FORVM,
I have received many pm’s regarding my leaving the forvm due to its recent face lift. I have been questioned “why start a thread about leaving?” “Don’t you understand change is inevitable?” I have been accused of not being an Animal! Of not being the right guy for the forvm, etc. I have decided to post this letter to help clarify my feelings.
For those who actually read what I wrote you will notice that I ‘left the door open’ to coming back when the forvm returned to ‘normal’. I wasn’t just up and leaving with out giving it a chance.
I am not a computer guy, a tech guy, I am not a member of other chat rooms, this was the only place I poured my heart out. I am not on facebook, or anything of the sort. I lift weights, hope to inspire and be inspired. I do not know how to ‘navigate’ very well. So a sudden change on here with out a ‘how to’ and I am lost!

I have been a member of the FORVM since its inception in 07’. I have respected and been grateful for the way ‘corporate’ has turned to the FORVM to hear the cry’s of it’s customers, and they did it very very well, until now.

The FORVM was down for a week, and when it came back up it was new, ok something happened, right? Well, where is the explanation thread? Where is the thread explaining all the new features to get excited about? Where is the thread to tell us how to use the new FORVM?
There is however, a thread asking us if we notice anything? What is that?
There is a thread, with a very detailed explanation about “Creating a new "My Profile" page on the new Universal USA website... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33923-Creating-a-new-quot-My-Profile-quot-page-on-the-new-Universal-USA-website...
WHERE IS THE ONE ON THE FORVM? What is corporate’s ‘higher vision’ here?
Did we spend three years in the trenches, building a ‘community’ of brothers and sisters to be forgotten about? Where was the ‘testing?’ They are testing the new Universal.com in the FORVM, why not test the NEW FORVM in the forvm? Where is the ‘Official feedback thread?’

I still can’t understand ( keep in mind I an computer illiterate) how in this new upgrade “the first unread “ feature is no longer there? Ox’s stable has over 300 pages! Before with one click I could get back to where I left off reading!
That is what I found most frustrating with the upgrade, not the look.

Again where is the explanation thread from corporate?
Where is it? Please forward it to me because I can’t find it?
Is everyone just going to move over to the new Universal sight? Sounds really cool, I might.

In closing, I want to make it clear that this FORVM has been an important part of my life for the past three years. I am not in the states now so attending ABC’s and The Cage are not in the cards for me at the present moment, being able to follow them here is a blessing. I had the honour of meeting Grant Higa, changed my life for the better. I have always respected and appreciated the honesty from its members and corporate and how ‘bashing’ is kept to a minimum if at all. I really want to be a member still, but I am lost. I have always believed that we should speak the truth, and I appreciate all the positive and negative feelings you have expressed to me. I am all for change, believe me, but I don’t like being kept in the dark while it is happening.
Respect,
Shukin
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33907-The-New-FORVM-Can-t-be-bothered

ghost
10-29-10, 5:35 pm
There is however, a thread asking us if we notice anything? What is that?
There is a thread, with a very detailed explanation about “Creating a new "My Profile" page on the new Universal USA website... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33923-Creating-a-new-quot-My-Profile-quot-page-on-the-new-Universal-USA-website...
WHERE IS THE ONE ON THE FORVM? What is corporate’s ‘higher vision’ here?
Did we spend three years in the trenches, building a ‘community’ of brothers and sisters to be forgotten about? Where was the ‘testing?’ They are testing the new Universal.com in the FORVM, why not test the NEW FORVM in the forvm? Where is the ‘Official feedback thread?’

Shukin, i get where you are coming from, but the way the new universalusa.com one is set up, is COMPLETELY different from here. and that thread was posted here because of a few reasons... a) many of the members here will be joining over there as well. and b) many of our CURRENT members are beta testing over there, and need that type of information.
as for where your thread like that is for Here, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33853-The-FORVM-Is-Undergoing-An-Upgrade with 27 pages of information, as well as this thread here http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33872-New-FORVM-Features...
as well as this thread, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33854-ATTENTION-Temporary-Hours-of-Operation-for-the-FORVM which further explained the temporary hours of operation for during the upgrade.

There have been more than enough threads and posts regarding the upgrade, questions people have, features people miss/cant find...

Shukin
10-29-10, 6:46 pm
Ghost thanks for that 27 pager,http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33853-The-FORVM-Is-Undergoing-An-Upgrade but that is the one I am referring to that just says there is an upgrade and asks if we notice anything, not anything that is saying what to look forward to. Compare that to the detailed Universalusa.com post and you will see a major difference. Please keep in mind I have minimal computer skills, instructions help. (that is if they don't use too many technical words)
Plus, with this new format, (now I could be doing something wrong) if you scroll through new shit and click on something towards the end of that list, and then click new shit again, I get a page that says there is nothing new.
Hence if I didn't reply or check the first time around that stuff is hidden.
I understand there is a feature to "stick'" a thread to the top of the new shit list, something as important as a "under going a face-lift" would certainly merit a top spot.

I am not trying to make waves or be a stick in the mud here. Truth be told it is harder to play around with. Perhaps I am using the wrong browser, pressing the wrong keys, or have to take a night course.

Thanks for the post,
Respect,
Shukin

Sprint
10-29-10, 7:11 pm
Whilst I don't understand why it was changed, & I personally find it a lot more complicated to navigate, I'm slowly getting used to it a bit. Still much preferred the previous look, & still wondering why the change came about.

Shukin
10-29-10, 7:37 pm
Hey Ghost, I found how to get back to the new shit I didn't check, there is a click here button, missed it before, could be brighter perhaps.
Respect,
Shukin

After posting this I went back to new shit and two posts were up, so every thing that hasn't changed in the last 24 hours is sill hidden....How do I get around this?

Respect,Shukin

J-Dawg
10-30-10, 11:02 am
We're getting there slowly but surely with the updates but keep in mind that a lot of what happened during the updgrading was unexpected b/c over the years, we've upgraded to newer versions of vBulletin without any issues at all. This is why we ask that anyone who sees a specific feature missing, post it up so that we can take a look at how to add it back or fix it. For the most part, the updating is nearly down, however, I can guess that there will be a number of features that might get overlooked b/c of the intricacies of what needs to be done in order to update specific portions of the site. Change is never readily accepted across the board but in the end, we do feel that once the tweaks are worked out, it will be easier to use and that includes for those of us who have been here since the beginning. vBulletin often recommends upgrades due to security issues and other specific kinks that get worked out as time goes on. And though it may change the appearance slightly, it prevents a lot of other headaches down the line. But we do continue to ask for your unfiltered feedback b/c that is the only way we know how things are in the eye of the beholder.

Shukin
10-30-10, 7:01 pm
We're getting there slowly but surely with the updates but keep in mind that a lot of what happened during the updgrading was unexpected b/c over the years, we've upgraded to newer versions of vBulletin without any issues at all. This is why we ask that anyone who sees a specific feature missing, post it up so that we can take a look at how to add it back or fix it. For the most part, the updating is nearly down, however, I can guess that there will be a number of features that might get overlooked b/c of the intricacies of what needs to be done in order to update specific portions of the site. Change is never readily accepted across the board but in the end, we do feel that once the tweaks are worked out, it will be easier to use and that includes for those of us who have been here since the beginning. vBulletin often recommends upgrades due to security issues and other specific kinks that get worked out as time goes on. And though it may change the appearance slightly, it prevents a lot of other headaches down the line. But we do continue to ask for your unfiltered feedback b/c that is the only way we know how things are in the eye of the beholder.
Keeping it real as always J-Dawg, that's why we love this place.
Think you meant to say the updating is nearly done, not down.
Being one of the most computer illiterate guys out there, second only to my old man, I must say things are getting back to the way they were, and quickly at that.
Sorry if I put you on the spot here any where, I hope all my posts were of use and not detriment.

Respect,
Shukin
P.S. hey J-, borrow someones iphone and check the forvm, fonts come up different there, on such a small screen not sure it is the look you want.

davidwilsoon
10-31-10, 5:42 am
I think the website/Forvm are fantastic. Very different from all the others. I think this is the only website/Forvm that showcases that those into this lifestyle aren't 'meatheads'. We have an intellectual and emotional side, discipline, hunger, work ethic, etc.
A few suggestions, maybe we could have a separate section for 'injuries and rehabilitation'. Also, we have a lot of ladies on the forvm. Maybe we could have some of the ladies of the Animal team to post articles on the website. It would be interesting to see things from their perspective too.

its nice to be able to drop in here from time to time, check out whats going on. unfortunately i don't have the time i did at first to be on here, but when i can its cool to see all the new discussions, etc. i wouldn't change a thing, everyone from the pros to the joes are very informative, and down to earth good people; something very rare on discussion boards.

Gorilla.
05-05-11, 9:55 pm
i say we allow .img in our sigs, i like to do home made signatures for myself they usually turn out pretty sick, id like to show them off

spartan300
05-08-11, 4:03 pm
I use that term affectionately. We do need to maintain the boundries established. Decorum must always prevail. I do however disapprove of censorship. Drugs do exist in our world. I personally condemn their use, but the majority of our guys here are younger and want to explore there options. You must address all aspects of the lifting world drugs included.

ghost
05-09-11, 10:17 am
I use that term affectionately. We do need to maintain the boundries established. Decorum must always prevail. I do however disapprove of censorship. Drugs do exist in our world. I personally condemn their use, but the majority of our guys here are younger and want to explore there options. You must address all aspects of the lifting world drugs included.

While we all realize that drugs are out there and are available, this forum is run by a company. one that prides itself on NOT condoning the use or discussion of drugs. we do have a thread, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?8783-Natural...-Not-Natural...-Who-Gives-a-Fuck where the discussion of steroids in the bb/pl/figure world is discussed. Corporate allowed that thread for information, debate, and discussion. not arguing or bitching.

hope that helps with a little insight for that one.

ghost
05-09-11, 10:19 am
i say we allow .img in our sigs, i like to do home made signatures for myself they usually turn out pretty sick, id like to show them off

images slow down the boards and we would have to create an additional set of rules and guidelines as to what can be used in the image, so on and so forth.... plus, this forvm is very simplistic. Black and White.

spartan300
05-09-11, 8:14 pm
Corporate sell outs? We are the Face of Universal nutrition! We make this forum what it is.
You ask us you don't tell us. With all due respect fuck the boys in the front office.

ghost
05-09-11, 8:21 pm
Corporate sell outs? We are the Face of Universal nutrition! We make this forum what it is.
You ask us you don't tell us. With all due respect fuck the boys in the front office.
i love when people say "with all due respect" before insulting someone.

and be careful, those "boys in the front office" include G Diesel, C.Coronato, Aggression, Juggernaut, naturalguy, URep, JDawg, Urepstress, and Animal Rep.

spartan300
05-09-11, 8:32 pm
They are not! They are the athletes that represent them. They are on this side. They may draw a paycheck but they are most certainly not the suits. They found these guys because they are the essence of what it's all about. Those guys you mentioned believe in what they do. They live and breathe it thay fucking bleed it. Corporate loves those guys for what they bring to the table. The real fucking deal! Without them Animal does not exist. Your too young to know how all this shit came about.

ghost
05-09-11, 8:39 pm
They are not! They are the athletes that represent them. They are on this side. They may draw a paycheck but they are most certainly not the suits. They found these guys because they are the essence of what it's all about. Those guys you mentioned believe in what they do. They live and breathe it thay fucking bleed it. Corporate loves those guys for what they bring to the table. The real fucking deal! Without them Animal does not exist. Your too young to know how all this shit came about.

you really do not know shit about this company.

EVERY person i mentioned earlier, WORKS FOR CORPORATE. G Diesel works in marketing. Naturalguy is in Brand Management, Aggression and C.Coronato work on the phones, need me to continue?

Too young to know how all this came about. listen dipshit, ive been on this forvm since its inception. you are member number 1077.. I am member number 159. think about that for a quick second or two.. let's see how long it takes to actually sink in to that brain of yours. Also, you may want to think about who you go around insulting. It WILL get you banned, permanently.

Mr. Dead
05-09-11, 8:49 pm
*Gets some popcorn...*

ghost
05-09-11, 8:50 pm
*Gets some popcorn...*

why? he got himself banned. i deleted the message. all is well now. :-D

Mr. Dead
05-09-11, 8:52 pm
why? he got himself banned. i deleted the message. all is well now. :-D
But... I really wanted sum popcorn...

TheDukeUSMC
09-06-11, 12:24 pm
I enjoy the look of the FORVM and the community. The Animal/Universal Team always gets high marks in my book.

Mr. Dead
05-01-12, 1:20 pm
Seems a bit more empty, as of late... But, I'll take quality over quantity any day...

Universal Rep
05-01-12, 2:41 pm
Seems a bit more empty, as of late... But, I'll take quality over quantity any day...

Wuts empty?

Mr. Dead
05-01-12, 2:45 pm
Wuts empty?

Just seems quieter, than days past... Or, I'm gettin' old and waxing nostalgically with an exaggerated vision of days gone by... *LOL*

Universal Rep
05-01-12, 2:47 pm
Just seems quieter, than days past... Or, I'm gettin' old and waxing nostalgically with an exaggerated vision of days gone by... *LOL*

Wut days gone by? Wuz there some past golden era of the FORVM?

Mr. Dead
05-01-12, 2:48 pm
Wut days gone by? Was there some past golden era of the FORVM?

Perhaps... Or I just seem to be noticing a minor lull with a resurgence on the rise with the coming of summer...

J-Dawg
05-01-12, 3:01 pm
The FORVM seemed to be busier when controversial threads came up. Maybe we're mellowing out a bit and becoming more supportive overall?

Where's krazyassmexican when you need him? LOL.

Hollow
05-02-12, 9:31 am
The FORVM seemed to be busier when controversial threads came up. Maybe we're mellowing out a bit and becoming more supportive overall?

LMAO...KAM was certainly a very colorful fellow.

Razor
05-02-12, 9:33 am

hahaha controversy does lead to traffic haha

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 10:22 am
hahaha controversy does lead to traffic haha

We should create a list to honor all the great and colorful members from the past (and present), haha...

1. U Mad Brah

ghost
05-02-12, 10:30 am
We should create a list to honor all the great and colorful members from the past (and present), haha...

1. U Mad Brah
2. KAM
3. B A M

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 10:34 am
Member just named "7"... Very colorful member...

ghost
05-02-12, 10:49 am
Member just named "7"... Very colorful member...

there is also a stalker named UREP... strange, strange duck....

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 10:55 am
there is also a stalker named UREP... strange, strange duck....

Agreed... Not to confused with Universal Rep tho. He's one classy cat...

Mr. Dead
05-02-12, 11:04 am
Agreed... Not to confused with Universal Rep tho. He's one classy cat...

I've seen that he's a bit subtle and cryptic... Vs. someone else who has all the subtlety of a pair of brass knuckles... *LOL*

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 11:24 am
I've seen that he's a bit subtle and cryptic... Vs. someone else who has all the subtlety of a pair of brass knuckles... *LOL*

NG is who is he... He cant help it.

J-Dawg
05-02-12, 12:08 pm

1. U Mad Brah
2. KAM
3. B A M

4. mr. dead

LOL

Hollow
05-02-12, 12:33 pm
4. mr. dead

LOL

...snicker...snicker...

Mr. Dead
05-02-12, 12:59 pm
...snicker...snicker...

Don't make me "Spam" your thread again...

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 1:11 pm
4. mr. dead

LOL

Hahahahahahahahah.......

.... hahahahahahahahaha

shortstack
05-02-12, 3:02 pm
I don't really weigh in much on this Thread but here's how I see it.

I think that the new upgrades confused people at first, including mself, but that goes away the more you use it.

It may seem quieter but it seems to me that the core group that has been here for a while, along with corporate, and the guys who really know what they are doing,
are doing a great job of informing the masses with the millions of questions that pop up. It seems like the number of Threads like "Can I take stack with Rage" and
"How do you take Pak" have been replaced with, In my opinion, more of a working man/women set of threads.

I feel like everyone on here does a great job of helping out with the sup questions and possibly more of those have moved into individual threads versus posting
a thread about it that just gets a ton of "that was already asked over here" replys.

Everything runs much smoother here versus other forums I visit where the Drama seeps out the edge of my monitor. If i need an answer on sup stacks, there
are plenty of threads I can pop into, or people around to answer.

The Watchmen do a great job of mediating and I really don't think that there are a ton of disrespectful...well dont look a few threads up...comments around.
I think that the Forum has the most wide range of athletes with plenty of help to offer if you want to try a different style or system of training.

I mean what other Forum has a member base where I can travel anywhere for work and within a couple hours have several places lined up to train, and usually
get the Animal hook up. It's not just a "State of the Forum" in a cyber sense but as a physical manifestation of the brotherhood that is world wide.

Just my .02 for today.

Jeremy

Sprint
05-03-12, 8:40 am
I don't really weigh in much on this Thread but here's how I see it.

I think that the new upgrades confused people at first, including mself, but that goes away the more you use it.

It may seem quieter but it seems to me that the core group that has been here for a while, along with corporate, and the guys who really know what they are doing,
are doing a great job of informing the masses with the millions of questions that pop up. It seems like the number of Threads like "Can I take stack with Rage" and
"How do you take Pak" have been replaced with, In my opinion, more of a working man/women set of threads.

I feel like everyone on here does a great job of helping out with the sup questions and possibly more of those have moved into individual threads versus posting
a thread about it that just gets a ton of "that was already asked over here" replys.

Everything runs much smoother here versus other forums I visit where the Drama seeps out the edge of my monitor. If i need an answer on sup stacks, there
are plenty of threads I can pop into, or people around to answer.

The Watchmen do a great job of mediating and I really don't think that there are a ton of disrespectful...well dont look a few threads up...comments around.
I think that the Forum has the most wide range of athletes with plenty of help to offer if you want to try a different style or system of training.

I mean what other Forum has a member base where I can travel anywhere for work and within a couple hours have several places lined up to train, and usually
get the Animal hook up. It's not just a "State of the Forum" in a cyber sense but as a physical manifestation of the brotherhood that is world wide.

Just my .02 for today.

Jeremy

Well said, bro.

Appollonian
05-03-12, 10:55 am
Well said, bro.

Nothing I can really add except that this is the best forum I've been on in the ~14 years I've been online, and while it took a bit of an adjustment getting used to the new format, I don't see myself not coming here anytime soon.

Shukin
05-03-12, 11:20 am

1. U Mad Brah
http://forum.animalpak.com/announcement.php?f=5

Universal Rep
05-03-12, 12:15 pm

Yup... Animal is more than supps, more than the FORVM... It's the brotherhood for sure.

Cellardweller
06-09-12, 10:29 pm
I stopped getting e-mail alerts to the threads I'm subbed to. Anyone else having this problem?

Appollonian
06-09-12, 10:31 pm
I stopped getting e-mail alerts to the threads I'm subbed to. Anyone else having this problem?

No... let us know how it works out for you.

Mr. Dead
06-09-12, 10:58 pm

Click on "My Settings"
Click on "Edit My Options" (It's on the left hand side...)
Click the drop down menu for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
Click on "Instantly, Using E-mail"

Issue should be solved...

Cellardweller
06-10-12, 7:05 pm
Thanks Mr D.

Mr. Dead
06-10-12, 7:29 pm
Thanks Mr D.

No problemo...