PDA

View Full Version : Myostatin...crap or true?

live2lift
08-16-07, 3:09 pm
Hey fellas, ok I know that Universal doesn't make this product and I almost feel like I am cheating on my Animal supps for asking this question...but I just like to always learn new things and I figured someone here has more knowledge than me. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a myostatin product or knows alot about them. They according to articles(Flex mag sept 06) block the myostatin protein in your body thus allowing your body to produce more muscle, because myostatin blocks the growth of muscle. Thanks in advance for the input fellas. Peace and Train Hard!

gsb239
08-16-07, 3:14 pm
Is there even a myostatin blocker on the market?

I read this too but I don't think you can turn off a gene by taking a supplement. It might be a medical procedure.

james_1990
08-16-07, 3:33 pm
dead stupid how can a supplement stop genetics. universial doesnt make it cause it doesnt work. i think its just a load of crap but thats just my opinion.

Everyonedoes
08-16-07, 3:37 pm
Ya i dont think there is a legit product that can block the myostatin protein in your body

G Diesel
08-16-07, 3:43 pm
While I believe that myostatin blocking probably represents the next level of bodybuilding pharmaceuticals and perhaps the frontier that could put the nail in the coffin of bodybuilding as we know it, myostatin manipulation is still to some degree science fiction. Any product that could limit your myostatin production would more than likely not be available over the counter and would be an exceptionally expensive and prized compound. Peace, G

Punisher
08-16-07, 3:51 pm
there are compounds that do inhibit absorption of myostatin as well as ones that block their production, they are extremely expensive, hard to obtain and have very little research behind them regarding side effects as they are relatively new drugs. they are not available over the counter or even with a prescription at this time. Besides why would u wanna take something that is going to make training kinda pointless, takes the fun out of things. Sure it is appealing to be a millionaire or be mr olympia but the most important part of it is the journey, looking back on how hard you worked to get there, nobody needs any more fuel to devalidate your accomplishments than they already have. Look how pissed people get in that other thread when someone asks them if the juice, imagine if they were like o yea he just took that myostatin inhibitor drug and blew up over night and doens't even have to train or diet hard.....kinda devalues being a freak

MassMonster
08-16-07, 3:56 pm
there are compounds that do inhibit absorption of myostatin as well as ones that block their production, they are extremely expensive, hard to obtain and have very little research behind them regarding side effects as they are relatively new drugs. they are not available over the counter or even with a prescription at this time. Besides why would u wanna take something that is going to make training kinda pointless, takes the fun out of things. Sure it is appealing to be a millionaire or be mr olympia but the most important part of it is the journey, looking back on how hard you worked to get there, nobody needs any more fuel to devalidate your accomplishments than they already have. Look how pissed people get in that other thread when someone asks them if the juice, imagine if they were like o yea he just took that myostatin inhibitor drug and blew up over night and doens't even have to train or diet hard.....kinda devalues being a freak

does that even include strength gains? or is it that it just blows u up... cuz it would be stupid to have a 40in leg or sum and be squatin newbie weight... i agree wit pun tho there no fun in it without the work...

Beowulf
08-16-07, 4:16 pm
Are these products still being sold?

live2lift
08-16-07, 5:31 pm
Completely agree Pun...it would take all of the fun out of it. I never said that I was going to take the drug or anything like that, I was just bored at work, and that is what happens when you get bored and have internet access. You start looking up things and then want to get more info. I just like to learn things, that is why I was asking. I love all of the hardwork that goes into a world class physique and would never want it any other way...the way I see it is that you don't appreciate it as much it you don't have to work for it.

By the way beowulf...yes they do still make them. Cytodyne and Champion nutrition make one. Like someone else said here though...Universal doesn't make one because they probably don't work. Now that others have mentioned it, if it was that great it def would not be something you could get OTC. Peace.

Jimmy
08-16-07, 7:41 pm
in germany there was a baby born with a genetic mutation and his body cannot produce myostatin. his muscles are twice as big as children his age. mr olympia 2025?????? who knows

Maharg
08-16-07, 9:08 pm
in germany there was a baby born with a genetic mutation and his body cannot produce myostatin. his muscles are twice as big as children his age. mr olympia 2025?????? who knows

Bah i was about to post about the super kid. And i have seen pics of a bull with a natural lack of myostatin. The beef had beef where no beef should ever be. Like muscles on top of muscles. I showed it to my Ag teacher and he told me its a special breed of belgian blues and that they are all like that. Makes you wonder about God's lil twist.

OneInchWonder
08-16-07, 9:19 pm
Maybe in the next 10 or 20 years, if we start using Eugenics. We can start producing zero free myostatin offsprings. I

Maharg
08-16-07, 9:49 pm
Maybe in the next 10 or 20 years, if we start using Eugenics. We can start producing zero free myostatin offsprings. I

that would scare the hell out of me. A new breed of super freaks who can get bigger than Machine and G simply by breathing. Thats not right and not natural.

MassMonster
08-16-07, 9:51 pm
still no body has told me do they acquire strength gains as well? cuz if so you might as well start implementing a super gorrilla task force outta these people...

Maharg
08-16-07, 9:53 pm
still no body has told me do they acquire strength gains as well? cuz if so you might as well start implementing a super gorrilla task force outta these people...

Ya they get stronger than hell as well. The kid we were talking about is able to do the iron cross at 5 months old. The muscles have no inhibtors and just grow and get stronger cause the body doesnt say stop.

krazyassmexican
08-16-07, 9:54 pm
i just saw a pic of the kid
he's a monster his calves damn!
the next house?
nah!

i am probably the next house LOL
i wish my calves were that big

anyways here's the pic

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040623/040623_mutatedmuscle_vmed.widec.jpg

OneInchWonder
08-16-07, 9:59 pm
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9807E0DD1E39F937A15755C0A9629C8B63
supposedly this young tolder have this innate retard strenght. Pound for pound the strongest baby at this very moment. I hope he becomes an MMA fighter.

krazyassmexican
08-16-07, 10:01 pm
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9807E0DD1E39F937A15755C0A9629C8B63
supposedly this young tolder have this innate retard strenght. Pound for pound the strongest baby at this very moment. I hope he becomes an MMA fighter.

he will probably become an ifbb pro by the age of 18 and conquers mr olympia at the age of 21

damn!!!!!!! =(

OneInchWonder
08-16-07, 10:03 pm
thats if they dont develop heart problem. Enlarge heart that is.

krazyassmexican
08-16-07, 10:05 pm

yup true that and it's sad at the same time

MassMonster
08-16-07, 10:14 pm
that would suck poor kid... but on the other hand if that oesnt happed... he could very well be the biggest genetic freak in the future... worlds strongest man?...

live2lift
08-17-07, 11:28 am

According to what I read yesterday, the lack of myostatin doesn't affect the heart or anything like that...it only affects the skeletal muscle tissue.

Still wondering if anyone on this forum has any personal experience with some type of myostatin blocker...curious to see if the 2 supp companies that make one of these supps are pulling shit out of their ass. More than likely are, but I always like to know. Good habit I have I guess, I like to know a little about a lot of things...make me seem smarter than I am. HAHAHA. Thanks again guys...Peace.

james_1990
08-17-07, 3:15 pm
if i have some spare cash next time i buy my next big load of supps i may try this stuff but thats only if there nothing else i need because i really dont thing it will work

Jimmy
08-17-07, 4:43 pm
if i have some spare cash next time i buy my next big load of supps i may try this stuff but thats only if there nothing else i need because i really dont thing it will work

dont waste your money, reputable pharmaceutical companies have yet to develop a viable drug to combat active myostatin for exclusive medical purposes. so a random supp company certainly has not stumbled onto the secret formula.

here are some tips to control your bodies myostatin to the best of your natural ability

eat good bodybuilding meals frequently

myostatin levels are lower after weight training, myostatin down regulates in order to offset the fact that muscle is being attacked with the catabolic process of weight training. this subsequently spurs on the anabolic processes needed to build muscle. the harder the muscle is hit, the larger the drop in myostatin.

so. remember... stimulate dont annihilate.
you want to get the most out of your training and ellicit a larger myostatin drop. lose the ego trip, if you have one, and make sure to use strict form (dont throw around heavy weight and not tax the target muscle) and focus on freewights, which recruit extra muscles to help in the movement.

another interesting fact, higher rep sets seem to ellicit lower levels of active myostatin after training versus low reps. so try doing sets where you fail in the 10-15 or 12-15 range.

live2lift
08-17-07, 5:10 pm
dont waste your money, reputable pharmaceutical companies have yet to develop a viable drug to combat active myostatin for exclusive medical purposes. so a random supp company certainly has not stumbled onto the secret formula.

here are some tips to control your bodies myostatin to the best of your natural ability

myostatin levels are lower after weight training, myostatin down regulates in order to offset the fact that muscle is being attacked with the catabolic process of weight training. this subsequently spurs on the anabolic processes needed to build muscle. the harder the muscle is hit, the larger the drop in myostatin.

you want to get the most out of your training and ellicit a larger myostatin drop. lose the ego trip, if you have one, and make sure to use strict form (dont throw around heavy weight and not tax the target muscle) and focus on freewights, which recruit extra muscles to help in the movement.

another interesting fact, higher rep sets seem to ellicit lower levels of active myostatin after training versus low reps. so try doing sets where you fail in the 10-15 or 12-15 range.

Thanks for the info brotha. That was very helpful and informative...which is what I was looking for. I had no idea that you could affect myostatin in that way with training. Peace.

rotaryfan
12-08-09, 8:24 pm

There is a new product on the market from dr. carlon colker that is supposedly the newest wonder supplement. Yeah it probably works, but how often have we heard of miracle products that are going to make us all monsters. Your right about wasting money on myostatin inhibitors, i plan on sticking with a proper diet and workout plan, old school proven techniques for growth. Thanks for keeping us grounded bro.