Since I started working as a trainer, I had no idea I would see into the lives of so many people on a daily basis. Complete strangers, who are schedueld for an "orientation" get a chance to vent to someone, and that someone, most of the time, seems to be me. Now, although I have a job to do, I'm always ears for someone who wants to talk. The other day at work really hit home.

I had the pleasure of meeting a lady named Joetta, and as we sat down for her orientation, she just let loose. When I asked her what her goals were, she jsut said "I want to be able to play with my grandchildren and not worry about having so much pain." It took me by surprise, she didn't care so much about herself and her health, but just wanting to play with her grand kids was enough. She also has type II diabetes, has a cist on her left knee, and has no fluid or cartilage in the same knee, and has a broken ankle that hasn't healed properly. Did she have surgery on any of these? No, couldn't afford it....

I was so pissed off.....life is not fucking fair.....instead of charging her for training, I gave her an entire week free. I've got plenty of clients who can afford to buy training, but Joetta, shit I just wanted to help someone out who, needless to say, hasn't been dealt the best hand of cards. This job has really opened my eyes, and I'm so grateful to be able to lift and exercsie on a daily basis and do something I love and that I'm passionate about. It's just bullshit.....I can't get things like this off of my mind......