New Rage log using the promotional prize from the thread here http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...r-Your-Next-PR .

My current lift that I've recently had some success with after years of trying is the bench press.

My goal is to get stronger both in absolute (higher weight moved) and endurance (same weight more reps). As a gym enthusiast my goal is to do more, but as an engineer, I have to quantify it.

Right now at a body weight of 212 (or so) pounds at 6'4" I can bench 225 for 3 reps. I've tried 235 but it was a non-starter. My goal is to get 225 for 6 reps and to cleanly get off 245 pounds for 1 solid rep. To some this may seem like a lot, to others not so much, but by looking at the numbers I feel it's a stretch target, and that's what we should all be going for.

I really feel like most of my issue with reaching my goal will be a nervous system block and that once I'm used to moving heavier weights, my goal will be easier to achieve. If I hit my goal early I will adjust and move more, but there is no plan for failure.

I'm actually trying to firm up right now, but I'll add some calories to ensure I'm fired up and ready to go for the duration of this log.

With 4 workouts per week, and 44 servings, the jug should last about 11 weeks. If I can start next week, the week of 4/25/2011, that will mean I have until the week of 7/18/2011 (I will be taking the 4th of July week off from lifting) to reach my goal.