Hey BOSS. I recently attended your seminar at Virginia Tech. Thanks for all of the great info. Also thank you for the squat critique you gave me at the seminar. I'm going to try and implement some of your programming principles in the future. Learned a lot!

I'm 16 years old, 180 lbs and my training goals are for strength (increase squat, bench, and deadlift) and size, in addition to being in shape to play football. My estimated 1RMs are: 285 bench press, 395 squat, and 450 deadlift. I am not competing in a powerlifting meet anytime soon, but after high school I plan to begin competitive powerlifting. Could you give any comments or suggestions on my current training? I am in a strength training/conditioning class at school (which I have to be in as a football player). That being said my training isn't up to me (for the most part). But any suggestions would help.

Monday
•Squat
- 80% X 4 X 5 (low-bar)
- *We are supposed to do 70% X 5, 75% X 5, 80% X 5, 85% X 3, and 90% X 2, but I do 4X5 at 80% instead. I think that the 90% X 2 is too much for every week, but sometimes I still have to do it.*
•Push-press
- 70% ish X 2 X 5
- 80% ish X 3 X 5
- We are not given percentages, but I like to pick an estimated max and work off of a percentage.
•Power high pull
- 5X5
•Close grip bench press
- 6X5
- I do my first 3 sets lighter with paused reps and last 3 sets heavy

Tuesday
•Hang clean
- We usually either work up to a heavy double at 90% or do some rep work at 70-80%
•Jump squat
- 5X5
•Deadlift (sumo)
- 70%X2X5
- 80%X3X5
- I use my own percentages here

Wednesday - agility day

Thursday
•Front squat
- 70% X 3 X 5
- 80% X 3 X 5
- We are not given percentages, but I like to pick an estimated max and work off of a percentage.
•Deadlift (conventional)
- 65% X 5 X 5
- I try to treat this like a speed deadlift/technique work. We aren't given a percentage so I just use 65%.
•Bench press
- 80% X 4 X 5
- *We are supposed to work up to 100%, with 4 working sets before (similar to the way squat is) (and the same workout is written up every week). I am not going to max every week (haha), but I occasionally hit a heavy single. I use the same rep scheme as I do for squat (80% X 4 X 5).*

Friday- agility
- Agility stuff at school
- I am lucky enough to have a power rack/weights in my basement and adjustable dumbbells that I can use. I do a little bit at home because we don't do any direct back/shoulder work at school.
- Bent-over row: 4X5
- Weighted pull-up: 3X6
- Military press: 3X 10/8/6 (Cycle reps every week)
- Should I keep military press in for my bench or take it out because we already push press in school? I just recently started doing military press again and really like it.

I train some hypertrophy on the weekend at home also.

Saturday: Arms
•Barbell curl: 4X10
•Hammer curl: 3X12
•Incline curl: 3X10
•Close-grip bench press: 4X8
•Skull crusher: 3X12
•Overhead dumbbell extension (finisher): 1X15

Sunday: Chest and Back
•Speed bench (warm-up at about 50%): 6X3
•Bench press: 4X 10/8/6 (cycle reps every week)
•Incline bench press: 3 X 6/8/10 (cycle reps every week)
•Incline flye: 3X12
•Bent-over row: 4X8
•Weighted pull-up: 3X10
•One-arm row: 3X12
•Incline dumbbell row: 3X10
•Shrugs: 3X10
•Face pull with band: 3X20

In addition to what I listed I also have curls/abs/calves sprinkled in throughout the week, but I don't think that is really important to note. Also, the 10/8/6 I had for a few lifts is just something I like to do to add some variety every week by changing the number of reps. What changes should I make to my training? Thanks Dan, you are really an inspiration for me!