Do you ever have those days that turn into weeks, weeks running into months, and months that seem to seamlessly fade into years? Where motivation dwindles, hunger subsides, intensity levels down, and/or the cogs of life seem to perpetually have a wrench stuck between the gears? Quick glance at what's obviously lended its hand in myself becoming acquainted with these obstacles. The last couple years in my life have been a bit rough; divorce, parenting issues, a severe labrum tear & subsequent surgery forcing withdrawal from competition & retirement. For fucks sake I'm a few weeks shy of 30. But this isn't or I don't want this to be about me and my own trials and tribulations, but more a concession of communication between the brotherhood of iron. What'd you do to get reacquainted with your will, drive, determination, and taste for the cold steel and its humbling but engorging appeal? Watching videos of elite level competitors of bodybuilding and strength athletics seems to help, but hell more than that watching videos of intense and focused newcomers or the underrated underdogs helps light the fire. Maybe a cleansing of the kitched cabinets & fridgidaire has made you focus when that follow-up trip to the grossery store was in order. Were the supportive words, feelings, and actions of those loved ones around you the pilot ignition? Maybe tapping on the shoulder of that inner demon, that entity that doesn't feel per se, it just does is what re-invigorated you. Tell me, share with us, help someone by exposing yourself a little. I want to share, want to hear, want to keep the fires going. I'm a 250lbs 29 year old former competitor that is seeking to not only better my gym life and get it back to amazing feeling, but more importantly to better my life & the man that I was yesterday. Let's help each other.
Laters, Muscle Smurf.