In the gym this weekend and I was using the weight assisted pull-up machine because my 400 lb ass cant do a pull up yet unassisted and it got me thinking... we all need a "spot". It can be a location or support, but we all need something to help get us through those tough moments. It can be when you are so close to hitting a new max and your training partner's yelling drives you that much more to push the weight up. It can be the actual spot by the guy in the gym when you are trying to get just one more rep. It can be the gym that feels like home to many of us feel best when we are there. Or it can be the support of a loved one that helps you meal prep or has a warm dinner cooked after a long training session because they know you need to eat well after leg day. We all need a "spot"...what "spot" means the most to you? For me, it is the gym. I run an adolescent substance abuse rehab by day and manage a bar at night so I need my "me" time where I can get lost in the weight and music and decompress from the stress of the day.