PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump Sucked today :(

PePPaRoz
10-13-08, 3:43 am
Last week on friday was the first time I used animal pump on my shoulders day. I didn't want to make any full judgements then. However, my energy, focus and strength had definitely been higher that day and I felt this weird sensation throughout my body. I guess most people describe it as a 'tingling' sensation. I couldn't realize much of an extra pump in my shoulders but my traps felt as if they were gonna explode at one point. So I definitely enjoyed the product on my first day, and it really gave me that extra boost and kick.

So I was looking forward to today'sworkout since it was my chest/tri day. And today was probably the shitest workout I ever had and animal pump didn't do shit for me today...

No energy, no extra focus, no extra stength and no extra pumps whatsoever.

What I don't understand is that it was a perfect working supplement the first day I tried it and today it did jack ALL.Also, I did make sure that I had it on an empty stomach. I had my pre-workout meal 1.5 hours before my workout and I took the pills 1 hour after my food.

However, I did drink about half a litre or more of water after taking the pills. So maybe that had some effect? But then again, you need to down the pills with water anyway so I don't see how that could really have any effect...It might also be important to note that I'm not taking the pump everyday. I take animal pump on my workout days and general creatine monohydrate on my off-days.

Anyway, is this a common scenario. That is works wonders at first and then it does nothing? Some have stated that it takes a week before it fully kicks in. But the thing is it already did kick in for me but today there was nothing...

Elite
10-13-08, 4:33 am
As a general rule, your workouts are only as good as the nutrition and rest that precede them. Then there is the pump itself. A pump product will not hand you your pump, you have to earn it by training smart, shocking the muscle, super sets, drop sets. Carbs are also another pump catalyst.

Apart from this, pump is a product, unlike it's rivals, that doesn't taper off during continued use, but actually works better and better through continued use. I say judge the product after use of all 30 packs in the can, if you still ain't happy then simply take up the ironclad guarantee of a refund.

Flawless
10-13-08, 5:01 am
As a general rule, your workouts are only as good as the nutrition and rest that precede them. Then there is the pump itself. A pump product will not hand you your pump, you have to earn it by training smart, shocking the muscle, super sets, drop sets. Carbs are also another pump catalyst.

Apart from this, pump is a product, unlike it's rivals, that doesn't taper off during continued use, but actually works better and better through continued use. I say judge the product after use of all 30 packs in the can, if you still ain't happy then simply take up the ironclad guarantee of a refund.

Well put! Iron doesn't move itself, pump will not give you insane strength or even focus in my opinion based on my use, but it does work better than any other NO/creatine supplement I have used, in addition, it doesn't drop off after 30-45 mins and I can keep going strong all through my workout, guess maybe it helps my stamina, also I can sleep even after taking it 2-3 hours before bed, I workout in the evening. I am sure it works different for everyone. As ThirdEye says, use it for the 30 days before you judge.

PePPaRoz
10-13-08, 5:28 am

I know we essentially have to 'earn' the pump. Sure, I can do this on my own. But animal pump is there to give you that extra kick. And if it did so the first time I curious as to why nothing happened today. But you're right. I'll go through the whole pack, and if there's no improvement I'll just change product.

spartan300
10-13-18, 12:50 pm
Last week on friday was the first time I used animal pump on my shoulders day. I didn't want to make any full judgements then. However, my energy, focus and strength had definitely been higher that day and I felt this weird sensation throughout my body. I guess most people describe it as a 'tingling' sensation. I couldn't realize much of an extra pump in my shoulders but my traps felt as if they were gonna explode at one point. So I definitely enjoyed the product on my first day, and it really gave me that extra boost and kick.

So I was looking forward to today'sworkout since it was my chest/tri day. And today was probably the shitest workout I ever had and animal pump didn't do shit for me today...

No energy, no extra focus, no extra stength and no extra pumps whatsoever.

What I don't understand is that it was a perfect working supplement the first day I tried it and today it did jack ALL.Also, I did make sure that I had it on an empty stomach. I had my pre-workout meal 1.5 hours before my workout and I took the pills 1 hour after my food.

However, I did drink about half a litre or more of water after taking the pills. So maybe that had some effect? But then again, you need to down the pills with water anyway so I don't see how that could really have any effect...It might also be important to note that I'm not taking the pump everyday. I take animal pump on my workout days and general creatine monohydrate on my off-days.

Anyway, is this a common scenario. That is works wonders at first and then it does nothing? Some have stated that it takes a week before it fully kicks in. But the thing is it already did kick in for me but today there was nothing...Pep my brother I had a similiar experience with this product. I used the entire can in hopes of getting a different result and much to my disappointment it never materialized. My problem is I am loyal to the ANIMAL product line to a fault. What ever I got from "PUMP" was pretty much what I believed to be placebo. I'm not saying PUMP doesnt work it just fell short of my expectations. By all means Pep finish the can, document every workout list inconsistencies, likes, dislikes and then come back and let us know. I made a habit of doing that with every supplement I have used. What's weird is, ANIMAL had a prouduct some years back called ANIMAL MAX. It was basically a protein powder with creatine and glutamine added. No biggie right? WRONG! this shit was nothing shy of AMAZING! Mind you I do not use PED's so I could attribute most of my increases in strength and muscular endurance to the use of this product. Universal discontinued carrying this product under the ANIMAL line a short time after brought it back under the UNIVERSAL name. I'm telling you Pep NOT THE SAME PRODUCT! I notified corporate and they assured me they had used the very same formula. For me clearly it did not yield the same results.