PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Pump with creatine monohydrate for off days?

rob
11-14-08, 10:56 am
I've been looking into a pre-workout energy/"pump" formula for training days and creatine monohydrate for post-workout/off days. I've been going back and forth between Pump vs Shock/Storm and decided to give Pump a try first.

My question: I plan on using Pump pre-workout on training days, and a generic/bulk creatine monohydrate powder for off days. Would this be fine, or should I supplement the creatine monohydrate with something like Storm on both training days (post-workout) and off days?

Aggression
11-14-08, 11:07 am
I've been looking into a pre-workout energy/"pump" formula for training days and creatine monohydrate for post-workout/off days. I've been going back and forth between Pump vs Shock/Storm and decided to give Pump a try first.

My question: I plan on using Pump pre-workout on training days, and a generic/bulk creatine monohydrate powder for off days. Would this be fine, or should I supplement the creatine monohydrate with something like Storm on both training days (post-workout) and off days?

Training days: take pump pre-workout and storm post-workout
Non-Training days: take storm first thing in the morning.

- This is what I am doing now, and its working very well.

rob
11-14-08, 12:53 pm
Training days: take pump pre-workout and storm post-workout
Non-Training days: take storm first thing in the morning.

- This is what I am doing now, and its working very well.

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure if I should take Storm post-workout and on non-training days since it has beta-alanine, which I thought should only be taken pre-workout. Looks like a lot of people are doing this combo though, so I think that's what I'll try.

jordo
11-14-08, 6:26 pm
I was thinking the same, trying to save some money on buying so much pump.

Currently, Im not taking pump on my off days. I wonder if this has an ill effect on everything?

Iceiktitan
11-14-08, 8:43 pm
My 2 cents:

-Use Pump pre-workout on training days
-Use Bulk creatine monohydrate on off days

(Both supplements contain a form of creatine. If you are looking to keep your creatine stores at a matienance level, the above is a perfect route to follow. Remember though, once your creatine stores are full, they are full. Since Animal Pump has 3 grams of creatine complex in it, on your off days you could take between 5 -10 grams of creatine monohydrate. Anymore than that and you are overdoing it in my opinion. If you wish to keep consistent you can supplement two grams of your creatine monohydrate into your workout days so that you have a consistent 5 gram level of creatine being supplemented.

Later bro, Hope this helps,

Matt "The Animal" Wilson

Enforcer
11-17-08, 11:41 am

Looks solid to me bro. I do the same thing to help save some packs and $. Right now what I do is take Shock Therpay, Storm, and Torrent on my training days, and then on my non training days I still take Storm but instead of Shock and Torrent what I'll do is take 4 Universal Creatine Chews to help keep the creatine in my system.

rob
11-17-08, 2:03 pm
Thanks bros. I decided to try out Pump + Storm. Pump pre-workout, Storm post-workout, and Storm on off days first thing in the morning. Should be good.

Aggression
11-17-08, 2:11 pm
Thanks bros. I decided to try out Pump + Storm. Pump pre-workout, Storm post-workout, and Storm on off days first thing in the morning. Should be good.

Sounds good man. That's exactly what I do. I take a storm/intra-aid combo during training. And I sip on my Storm/EAA stack first thing in the morning while breakfast is cooking on non-training days.